Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 469 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4(?) "Nuclear Winter" Teased
8. Re: Fallout 4(?) Nov 22, 2013, 11:48 Atomic

Can someone explain to me why a new game would be considered Fallout 4? Why is NV not counted as number 4?  

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
36. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 20:21 Atomic

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 18:49:
He gets his philosophy from a dude who grew up in South Jamaica and went to college in Harlem. People feel the inherent need to steal.

That tells you nothing about people as a whole, but very much about the background of the person who said it.

I agree with you, but I also agree with his sentiment, but it was a crass characterization. I think a better way to put it would of been to say everyone would like something for nothing.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
4. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 13:01 Atomic

@Cutter - great points.

The discrimination one could be especially difficult if a banned individual was a member of a protected class. SOE could try to say they would have no way to know the real life age/gender/race/etc of a virtual person, but the burden of proof would be on them to show they did not know, and that is going to be a tough thing for them to prove.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
3. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 12:55 Atomic

The gamer in me yells "Yay!" because griefers suck, but the libertarian in me is gravely concerned about some moral authority deciding what they consider "offensive and anti-social" for me. Will that at some point include scathing reviews or criticism of the company's products? What would they do to an activist who organizes a boycott of the company due to said company taking a particular political stance? It's a worrisome slippery slope.

The answer, to me, are to create community based tools to enable community based policing of this type of thing.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 15:36 Atomic

Too much talk here about the comic. This isn't about the comic, which in context was a pretty good scathing commentary on the lack of morality in video games. This is about their childish and continued insipid response to being criticized.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 11:21 Atomic

It really is time for these guys to grow up. They've built a whole business and culture around sophomoric behavior, in an effort to draw like-minded individuals to look up to them and make them feel good about themselves. It's kind of sad, really.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Steve Ballmer to Retire
27. Re: Steve Ballmer to Retire Aug 23, 2013, 14:43 Atomic

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 12:39:
You can add a few more items to that "not so much" list like Windows tablet, Office ...

Office? Sorry, that must of come from personal opinion about the product because Office is ubiquitous in the Enterprise, so hardly a "not so much". There is not a even a close number two.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
30. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 13:49 Atomic

I can't fathom playing an Elder Scrolls game I cannot mod, let alone one I have to pay a subscription to play. Pass.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned
24. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 16:05 Atomic

Bioshock Triple Pack at Amazon for $34.99. Includes Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Bioshock Infinite. Requires Steam.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DOD0TZG?tag=dealnewscom

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2013, 17:05 Atomic

I highly recommend Postbox over Thunderbird, or anything else for that matter. It has a few more features, especially if you are a Gmail user, and I appreciate the personal support.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
32. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 26, 2013, 14:34 Atomic

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 13:32:
Creston wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 12:52:
I worked for DHL for three years, in Holland, back in the 90s. The tracking capabilities of DHL even back then were fine. This idea that "tracking numbers don't start appearing until the item reaches the depot in the destination country" is complete crap, unless DHL somehow became completely retarded in the twenty years since I worked there.
Creston

Speaking from my limited personal experience I've actually seen something like that happen with DHL recently. We had a Canada->US package ship out that we tried to trace, the first tracking info only started at the border customs clearance stage. I dropped DHL as a courier for other reasons but we just didn't have good experience with them.

I worked in logistics for my company for a brief spell a few years ago. That usually happens when the carrier hands off the package to a third party for the final delivery; some don't always deliver directly to the final destination. For example, FedEx often uses the USPS to deliver to rural addresses. Then, usually your tracking stops at the handoff.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
11. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 17:17 Atomic

No mention of a reversal of the creepy always-on Kinect stuff though. I'll pass.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Atari Fire Sale
16. Re: More Big Picture Details May 23, 2013, 11:33 Atomic

HorrorScope, do you use LastPass? Just curious, because I've noticed all your posts have the same subject. That was happening to me with LastPass (it saved that field in the blues news profile) until I manually fixed it. Hope you don't mind me pointing that out; I'm just coming from the position that I wish someone had told me at the time.

Sorry for the off topic reply, everyone.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP
55. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 22, 2013, 19:30 Atomic

Trevellian wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 19:23:
Yes because "Leading Digital Platforms" totally says "Consoles" and is in no way a reference to Steam, GOG.com, Origin, Amazon Digital, Gamestop Digital etc.

I see your point, guess it is just semantics. I never think of those in the context of a platform, but a service.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP
52. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 22, 2013, 19:14 Atomic

KS wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 18:09:
Brian intends as first priority to direct Gearbox's interest to preserve and assemble the purest form of the original acclaimed and beloved games, Homeworld and Homeworld 2, with the intent of making them accessible on today's leading digital platforms

Translation : Let the console-oriented rape commence.

I was thinking tablets, but yea, surprised no one else has picked up on that. Obviously, they are not thinking of a PC game, or they would of said "on today's cutting edge hardware".

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Virtuix Omni - VR Treadmill
21. Re: Virtuix Omni - VR Treadmill Apr 22, 2013, 16:36 Atomic

The only "VR" I'm interested in is the ability to actually talk and have the game characters respond, instead of having to deal with mostly-lame decision trees. I'm tired on my only options being, heroic, apathetic, or sociopathic, if given an option at all.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Apr 16, 2013, 16:42 Atomic

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 15:49:
That being said, I like Christ Centered Gamer's take on it:

Thanks for that, I would tend to agree. It also explains the subject's knee-jerk reaction to that scene; he is having a faith crisis of his own.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition Announced
3. Re: Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition Announced Mar 26, 2013, 14:06 Atomic

Nope, I am with you. I can't even play games from the early aughts unless someone has made a hi-res texture pack for it.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > John Riccitiello Leaving EA
21. Re: John Riccitiello Leaving EA Mar 18, 2013, 17:31 Atomic

Minuit wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 17:23:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 16:52:
The real question is, how large of a golden parachute is he going to get? I would assume it'll be in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

Not only that, he gets his choice of Battlefield 3, Bejeweled 3, Dead Space 3, Mass Effect 3, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Plants vs. Zombies or SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition.

I don't have too many laugh out loud moments while reading these forums, but this was one of them.

Bravo, sir.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Mar 12, 2013, 23:10 Atomic

wtf_man wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 22:54:
Ditto to what Creston and Cutter said.

Agree here too...

FYI, Same reason games cost 60 bucks now. They jumped it up, we didn't blink.

-George Bernard Shaw

469 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo