Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 490 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Offering Earth: Year 2066 Refunds
17. Re: Valve Offering Earth: Year 2066 Refunds May 6, 2014, 11:49 Atomic

I don't think any store or system should be created to help fools keep their money. This was community policed and taken care of, and that's the way it should be.

In my opinion, if people were a little more critical in how they spent their expendable income (probably at times, not even the expendable part) their wouldn't be such a ripe market for opportunity like this. The whole concept of paying for "early access" or "pre-order" or any case where you are giving money and not getting something tangible in return bothers me on a fundamental level.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2014, 10:17 Atomic

Prez wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 09:37:
Only if you have a *ahem* "portfolio"...

I've been trying to get this stupid model plane to fit up my ass all morning...

Try it nose first.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Heartbleed Vulnerabilities
7. Re: Heartbleed Vulnerabilities Apr 11, 2014, 16:24 Atomic

Prez wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 16:06:
Jesus I HATE changing my passwords. Google says I don't have to change my gmail password according to the hit list, but EVERYTHING is tied into my gmail account. Think I should change it anyway?

I'm not sure they would risk being so publicly definitive if it were a concern, so I don't plan to.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Heartbleed Vulnerabilities
4. Re: Heartbleed Vulnerabilities Apr 11, 2014, 14:12 Atomic

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 12:36:
You do what you need to do, but I'd rather our government not grow any more than it already has... It's not worth it just to relieve myself of some personal responsibility.

Agreed, and I'll add if we are going to throw money at something, let's find a better way to secure something that doesn't require the storing of a password. That methodology is the Achilles heel of security.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2014, 11:37 Atomic

Tim Collins wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 10:53:
Amazon box is only those people who are Amazon fans, for normal people its useless.

I agree it is useless to anyone not interested in a set-top box, but that could be said of anything anyone is not interested in.

However, if you are in the market for a set-top box, this is the best option out there right now, and, if especially if you are already a prime member, it would be really silly to consider anything else.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Foolish Games, Volume 1
5. Re: Foolish Games Apr 1, 2014, 10:46 Atomic

Cue Jewel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjlw1-F-WCY

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG
5. Re: Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG Mar 31, 2014, 13:01 Atomic

Creston wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 11:06:
It is a good idea, and I'm curious to see how it will work out. However, the cynic in me just thinks that this is nothing but a dev who wants to make cash off an MMO without having to spend time making actual content...

Wow, glad to know I'm not the only one who thought that.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Demo
13. Re: Shadow Warrior Demo Mar 27, 2014, 14:37 Atomic

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 14:09:
I just tried the demo and it gave me motion sickness. Something about the movement isn't quite right to me.

Can you change the FOV? I get motion sickness from games from time to time,and usually changing FOV will fix it. Unfortunately, not all games let you adjust it (or not easily).

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released
7. Re: Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released Mar 19, 2014, 16:49 Atomic

Sometimes the inanity on this forum cause me to recall fondly the several days they were not working. Today is one of those days.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2014, 17:22 Atomic

Here is a great utility that does that for you.

http://www.gamesave-manager.com/

I keep about 8 or so games on my SSD that I'm currently playing, and keep the others on a 500GB HD. I'll move them across when I want to play them.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Valve Reddit Interview
3. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 5, 2014, 10:09 Atomic

InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 09:27:
Well that was a rather boring read. Newell's answers are (mostly) botlike. Got the jive that he would rather be doing anything else with his time...

Could be, or maybe he's just an introvert and socially uncomfortable.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
46. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 15:43 Atomic

Have these reviews been looking at the game on its own merits, or have they been looking to how it lived up to the "Thief" name?

That's two different perspectives, IMHO. If it's fun, I don't have to get butt hurt over lost nostalgia.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Metacritic Analysis
14. Re: Metacritic Analysis Jan 20, 2014, 16:14 Atomic

Spend less than $10 per game and reviews don't matter. Or $20, or whatever your "pocket change" threshold is. Take a shot, throw the dice, judge for yourself.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Next Hitman Game Detailed
12. Re: Next Hitman Game Detailed Jan 16, 2014, 14:57 Atomic

harlock wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 13:03:
so i see a reason for some of these mechanics, not necessarily how they are implemented, but the basic principle is sound

I don't disagree with that, but my feeling while I was playing the game is that they were just trying to make it easier for me, because they know if I screw up, I have to replay the whole level again due to the asinine checkpoint system.

Unless you are sadist and enjoy doing the same things over and over again, that save system does not allow you to explore the levels or try different approaches, even though they have designed the levels to be explored and different approaches to be tried.

I enjoyed the game, but just barely, due primarily to that save system. I'm generally not a fan of checkpoint saves, and have quit many games before finishing because of them, but they can be done right. For example, I never felt frustrated or that I was not making progress in the latest Tomb Raider game.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > "Stunning" Nitrous Engine Impressions
27. Re: Jan 9, 2014, 13:19 Atomic

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 12:25:
Fly wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 10:25:
Something for the FPS fans out there and those wondering what Star Citizen (or some other games) could look like:

"Dream Engine"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LYpUw3Rx0c

Higher resolution & clarity version at Vaya's Vimeo page:
http://vimeo.com/43096888

That was impressive - particularly the Mustang in the desert. The water needs a lot of work though, way too viscous. I quite like what they've got going on in AC4 for water.

That Mustang in the desert really made me want to see an updated Interstate 76 game.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 8, 2014, 10:47 Atomic

Anyone notice that the URL for the article states "How the US almost killed the internet"? Interesting editorial change, there.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2013, 12:33 Atomic

Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 10:35:
I think my dad still has that modem somewhere, but I'll be buggered if I can remember that init string!

The best string was AT &F V1 &C1 &D2 X4 &K0 S11=50 S46=136 if you had a US Robotics Sportster 56K, but who didn't, right?

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee
12. Re: GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee Dec 9, 2013, 13:37 Atomic

ViRGE wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 12:08:
nin wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 09:57:
So gog does it. Origin does it. Gabe? You over there? Time to keep up with the Jonses...

Seeing as how the very first thing Steam does (by default) is install a game you buy, there wouldn't be much of a point to such a policy.

Only if you click the Install button. I've bought many a game and not installed it right away.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 15:44 Atomic

Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 12:56:
Yeah, don't wait for reviews or anything. Don't wait for a sale or anything. And now there's Steam sharing too. So much like you don't get to take a car off the lot for a few days or weeks then bring it back and ask for a refund you have options here too. So I don't see how this is anymore anti-consumer than most any other industry.

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:13:
Tl;dr: stop blaming others for your poor decisions.

+1, both.

It has never occurred to me to return a game. I just don't spend money I can't afford to lose. I rarely spend more than $20 on a game, so if it sucks, shame on me for not making a better decision; lesson learned, move on.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
5. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 14:38 Atomic

If you buy a GOTY edition that comes with all DLC, but already have the game and some of the DLC, can you gift the duplicates?  

-George Bernard Shaw

490 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo