Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 481 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EVE Online Drops Linux
8. Re: EVE Online Drops Linux Feb 9, 2009, 11:39 Atomic

Calm down, Francis. No one bashed Linux. Honest criticism is not bashing. Grow a pair....

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
41. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2009, 16:11 Atomic

who can actually AFFORD the houses they're looking at
No offense, but you got that backwards. You should be looking at houses you can afford.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > On Game Rentals
6. Re: On Game Rentals Jan 15, 2009, 13:13 Atomic

Talk about not being able to see the forest for the trees. I firmly believe if games had lower retail prices, it would cut down piracy, rentals, and the second-hand market. I believe this applies to CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray as well.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > WoW Character Re-Customization
10. Re: WoW Character Re-Customization Dec 11, 2008, 16:25 Atomic

I don't play WoW; not worth the money to me for the time I'd have to put in. But that being said, I think they should be able to charge whatever they want to charge, for whatever they want to charge. It's a free market, and the consumer will decide if it is worth it or not. If someone wants to do this and is willing to pay for the privilege, why the heck not? Why give it away when you can charge for it? A company selling a product or service owes you nothing. If they decide to be generous and give something away, great, praise them for that generosity; but you can't fault them when they don't. They are under no obligation to do so.

Why do people always complain about what other's do with their money? I think some people just enjoy being the turd in everyone else's punchbowl.

-George Bernard Shaw

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2008, 08:37 Atomic

Didn't they announce that canine rabies had been eliminated in north america a few years back?

You are correct, sir:
http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSN0741162020070907

-George Bernard Shaw

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2008, 10:29 Atomic

On my blackberry, I get an internal server error when I try to go to either mobile site.

Seconded.

-George Bernard Shaw

92. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2008, 12:47 Atomic

It's truly amazing and sad that Prop8 passed.

Hey, we can't have everyone equal! That just wouldn't be right!

This isn't about equal rights, it's about special rights. I'm not gay, and I can't marry a man. Neither can a gay man. So, there, we are equal. Seems absurd, but think about it. You don't want the law applied equally, you want an exception to be made.

-George Bernard Shaw

61. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2008, 15:09 Atomic

When did either candidate ever say they were going to better the lives of the AMERICAN individual?

It would be a lie if either did. No President has that much control of individual lives. But even if they said it, I wouldn't vote for them. I want less control over individuals lives, not more. The best thing a government can do is get out of people's way. There isn't a single government bureaucracy that has improved the efficiency or quality of the thing they govern. Not one.

-George Bernard Shaw

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2008, 08:54 Atomic

Vote independent or something else if you can't bring yourself to vote Democrat, or don't vote at all. That too is a political statement.

But unfortunately, neither are valid options in today's environment. Both parties have succeeded in pretty much crushing any other third party options, and with the media coverage the way it has been, not voting is pretty much the same as voting for Obama. I'd like to vote Libertarian; fat chance. That vote would essentially be for Obama.

Most elections simply come down to voting against something you don't believe it versus voting for something you do, unfortunately. You are choosing the lesser of two evils. The days of a voting for someone with true integrity and that doesn't lie to you are over (if we ever really had those days to begin with).

You're naive at best if you believe Obama and Biden are any cleaner than McCain and Palin. But of course, you won't talk about that, and when anyone does, it is called "dirty campaign" or "hate speech", or you'll claim the source has "a right wing agenda"... ad naseum. Get over yourself. Politics is dirty business for all involved; and I don't see an end to it anytime soon.

We need revolution. It's time to dump the tea in the harbor again.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2008, 08:56.

-George Bernard Shaw

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2008, 10:36 Atomic

I think the real key is to not click yes to every popup, and to not use Microsoft's mail clients.

Good point. My previous response that Blue challenged was also based on the fact that I only use Gmail for all my mail (I have Gmail pull my mail from my other accounts as well using POP3). Gmail's AV filters are very good.

-George Bernard Shaw

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2008, 10:34 Atomic

That's what you think... read the document I just uploaded to your desktop. Only kidding, but are you serious? Oh, I see you are talking about you game machines. Would you seriously say that for my circumstance, reading hundreds of emails a day and following links to countless websites to keep up with things? And if you would, you should share what you're Smoking

Ok, fair enough. I guess I saw you making a general statement, and I answered with one. Admittedly, if I was in your position, I would feel better with that extra layer of protection.

-George Bernard Shaw

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2008, 08:54 Atomic

I highly recommend Avast or AVG, both free. I have them running on my wife's and mother's computers, respectively.

That being said, I'm not sure what Blue is talking about. We are in an age where anti-virus is not needed, if you are careful. I haven't run it on my game machines in years, and nary a problem.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Steam Preorders
12. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2008, 10:05 Atomic

You think this is bullpoo? Wait until it is on sale for $29 or $39 6 to 8 weeks after release. You get what you deserve when you pre-order... pre-ordering is for suckers that lack patience.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2008, 10:05.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > DICE: BF Heroes "Already Released"
31. Re: No subject Aug 22, 2008, 18:15 Atomic

16 down from 64. I sense an issue. Are they going for real low end graphics and thus can't handle 6u unique toons. Or is their server code junk and can't process that many actors and their spawns?

Bingo. The first 5 minutes after you connect is spent downloading all the players customized avatars. I understand that is probably necessary, but you can't play while it's doing it; it just freezes up. And I don't have a slouch of a connection either.

That being said, the game is fun, but I don't see it rising to the level of the other BF games and certainly not TF2. Can't beat the price though. I don't understand how you can complain about anything that's free.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2008, 22:18 Atomic

Was he driving Miss Daisy?  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > New UT3 Snowreal
4. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2008, 11:54 Atomic

Although I appreciate the Groundhog Day reference, version numbers shed light on your epic fail.

3 days ago - 1.1
Today 1.1.5

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. No subject May 2, 2008, 09:08 Atomic

Despite Winning The HD Format War, Blu-Ray Sales Dropped

Yea, because they jacked the prices.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Gold - Penny Arcade Adventures
22. Re: No subject May 1, 2008, 19:07 Atomic

For those of us who read above an eighth grade level, his writing is quite entertaining and enjoyable.

It could be, if he didn't revert to eight grade level with unnecessary and ostentatious swearing. It clearly shows his vocabulary is pretentious. If your vocabulary is truly well- developed, you don't have to swear to make your point. Swearing is for the ignorant or depraved.

-George Bernard Shaw

43. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2008, 20:10 Atomic

Bats dude, except for drag-n-drop, labels in Gmail work exactly like folders. Further, you can assign multiple labels to the same email. Try that with folders.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Modded Battlefield Ranked Servers Closed
17. Re: BF stuff Apr 4, 2008, 15:13 Atomic

Some players may have joined these modified servers during the time they were active and found their profiles reset. This reset can not be undone as all resets have been fully investigated by the Support team and proven to be invalid scores.

Way to lump casual players that join those servers in with the cheaters.

Way to miss the point in your knee jerk desire to trash EA and/or BF2. Casual or not, if you were on a one of those servers, you got points you should not have. Doesn't matter if you knew about it or not.

-George Bernard Shaw

481 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo