Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 489 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Real Virtual Bank
3. Re: Real Virtual Bank Mar 18, 2009, 15:52 Atomic

The screensaver I always got a kick out of was that one with the little dude stranded on the island. I think Sierra made it?  

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2009, 18:39 Atomic

Cutter, you have exhibited more hate and vile than any republican or conservative that I have ever known. Way to win people over! You have probably had a intelligent comment or two over the years, but I just can't get through that barrier you put up. Of course, it is just as likely you haven't.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671723650

Try it, you might learn something.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Rights Return to Warner
1. Re: Lord of the Rings Rights Return to Warner Mar 12, 2009, 10:00 Atomic

Can someone explain to me how you can make a game based on the movies that is not also based on the books?  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > On Gold Farming
1. Re: On Gold Farming Mar 6, 2009, 13:04 Atomic

The tough economy will have zero effect on MMORPG's the same way it has no effect on crack or heroin use.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Used Game Marketplace Grows
2. Re: Used Game Marketplace Grows Mar 5, 2009, 11:03 Atomic

No surprise here to anyone with a brain. This is simple capitalism at work. Supply growing to fill a demand. There are good number of folks, I'd say a majority, not willing to pay $40 or $50 or more for a game. Why don't publishers get it?  

-George Bernard Shaw

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2009, 13:56 Atomic

On a lighter note - anyone applying for mortgage relief?
I'd like to look into it.. where is the best place you've found to read about it?

-George Bernard Shaw

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2009, 11:45 Atomic

10 years ago no one had a peanut allergy, now it's an epidemic. What gives?
Busy mothers not breast feeding, or not doing it long enough.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Newell on Piracy, Pricing, TF2 Comics, and More
58. Re: Newell on Pricing Feb 19, 2009, 12:30 Atomic

If that were true then nobody would buy anything - clothes, DVDs or anything else - if they weren't on sale.

Yet that is exactly how my wife and I conduct ourselves... I can't remember the last time we paid retail for anything, including a meal at a restaurant. Our motto is "retail is for suckers".

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > EVE Online Drops Linux
8. Re: EVE Online Drops Linux Feb 9, 2009, 11:39 Atomic

Calm down, Francis. No one bashed Linux. Honest criticism is not bashing. Grow a pair....

-George Bernard Shaw

41. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2009, 16:11 Atomic

who can actually AFFORD the houses they're looking at
No offense, but you got that backwards. You should be looking at houses you can afford.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > On Game Rentals
6. Re: On Game Rentals Jan 15, 2009, 13:13 Atomic

Talk about not being able to see the forest for the trees. I firmly believe if games had lower retail prices, it would cut down piracy, rentals, and the second-hand market. I believe this applies to CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray as well.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > WoW Character Re-Customization
10. Re: WoW Character Re-Customization Dec 11, 2008, 16:25 Atomic

I don't play WoW; not worth the money to me for the time I'd have to put in. But that being said, I think they should be able to charge whatever they want to charge, for whatever they want to charge. It's a free market, and the consumer will decide if it is worth it or not. If someone wants to do this and is willing to pay for the privilege, why the heck not? Why give it away when you can charge for it? A company selling a product or service owes you nothing. If they decide to be generous and give something away, great, praise them for that generosity; but you can't fault them when they don't. They are under no obligation to do so.

Why do people always complain about what other's do with their money? I think some people just enjoy being the turd in everyone else's punchbowl.

-George Bernard Shaw

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2008, 08:37 Atomic

Didn't they announce that canine rabies had been eliminated in north america a few years back?

You are correct, sir:
http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSN0741162020070907

-George Bernard Shaw

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2008, 10:29 Atomic

On my blackberry, I get an internal server error when I try to go to either mobile site.

Seconded.

-George Bernard Shaw

92. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2008, 12:47 Atomic

It's truly amazing and sad that Prop8 passed.

Hey, we can't have everyone equal! That just wouldn't be right!

This isn't about equal rights, it's about special rights. I'm not gay, and I can't marry a man. Neither can a gay man. So, there, we are equal. Seems absurd, but think about it. You don't want the law applied equally, you want an exception to be made.

-George Bernard Shaw

61. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2008, 15:09 Atomic

When did either candidate ever say they were going to better the lives of the AMERICAN individual?

It would be a lie if either did. No President has that much control of individual lives. But even if they said it, I wouldn't vote for them. I want less control over individuals lives, not more. The best thing a government can do is get out of people's way. There isn't a single government bureaucracy that has improved the efficiency or quality of the thing they govern. Not one.

-George Bernard Shaw

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2008, 08:54 Atomic

Vote independent or something else if you can't bring yourself to vote Democrat, or don't vote at all. That too is a political statement.

But unfortunately, neither are valid options in today's environment. Both parties have succeeded in pretty much crushing any other third party options, and with the media coverage the way it has been, not voting is pretty much the same as voting for Obama. I'd like to vote Libertarian; fat chance. That vote would essentially be for Obama.

Most elections simply come down to voting against something you don't believe it versus voting for something you do, unfortunately. You are choosing the lesser of two evils. The days of a voting for someone with true integrity and that doesn't lie to you are over (if we ever really had those days to begin with).

You're naive at best if you believe Obama and Biden are any cleaner than McCain and Palin. But of course, you won't talk about that, and when anyone does, it is called "dirty campaign" or "hate speech", or you'll claim the source has "a right wing agenda"... ad naseum. Get over yourself. Politics is dirty business for all involved; and I don't see an end to it anytime soon.

We need revolution. It's time to dump the tea in the harbor again.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2008, 08:56.

-George Bernard Shaw

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2008, 10:36 Atomic

I think the real key is to not click yes to every popup, and to not use Microsoft's mail clients.

Good point. My previous response that Blue challenged was also based on the fact that I only use Gmail for all my mail (I have Gmail pull my mail from my other accounts as well using POP3). Gmail's AV filters are very good.

-George Bernard Shaw

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2008, 10:34 Atomic

That's what you think... read the document I just uploaded to your desktop. Only kidding, but are you serious? Oh, I see you are talking about you game machines. Would you seriously say that for my circumstance, reading hundreds of emails a day and following links to countless websites to keep up with things? And if you would, you should share what you're Smoking

Ok, fair enough. I guess I saw you making a general statement, and I answered with one. Admittedly, if I was in your position, I would feel better with that extra layer of protection.

-George Bernard Shaw

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2008, 08:54 Atomic

I highly recommend Avast or AVG, both free. I have them running on my wife's and mother's computers, respectively.

That being said, I'm not sure what Blue is talking about. We are in an age where anti-virus is not needed, if you are careful. I haven't run it on my game machines in years, and nary a problem.

-George Bernard Shaw

489 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo