Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 490 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Legal Briefs
10. Re: Legal Briefs Jan 26, 2010, 11:44 Atomic

Cars and motorcycles still good to go.
I actually saw a guy texting on a motorcycle the other day. I could not believe it. Only thing that brought him to his senses was he swerved and rubbed the curb.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2010, 17:55 Atomic

Blue, they have Dr. Pepper with real sugar in these parts (OH) right now for a limited time. Called heritage Dr. Pepper. Look for it! Just as good as the Pepsi and Dew versions.  

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

12. Re: Getting Rick Rolled makes you violent & you Jan 11, 2010, 18:16 Atomic

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2010, 15:53:
Still, it's either the Colts, Vikes, or Saints at this point.
Cowboys beat the Saints once, they can do it again. They do have the get past the Vikes first though; maybe that is what you meant.

-George Bernard Shaw

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2010, 23:25 Atomic

Well Blue, is it the Jets now, or will you stick with the NFC East and root for the 'Boys?  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > On Star Trek Online's Klingons
14. Re: On Star Trek Online's Klingons Dec 18, 2009, 16:32 Atomic

Agreed. Very clever, sirs!  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2009, 14:36 Atomic

If you have a chance to go, go. I suspect it will be a once in a lifetime experience, good or bad.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2009, 12:50 Atomic

I'm a Cowboys fan, but even I have to admit that the new Cowboys stadium is a direct manifestation of Jerry Jones' ego. And never have I felt such a dichotomy over something; on one hand, I'm extremely impressed with the engineering and architecture. On the other, sickened by the ostentatious spectacle. It is at the same time everything that is good and bad about the modern NFL.  

-George Bernard Shaw

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2009, 16:16 Atomic

If what Atomic is seeing is what I'd been seeing at times, it's one of those "stay-at-home mom makes $77/hr!" type ads kinda like the one explained about here: http://www.prosperly.com/2009/make-money-posting-links-on-google-is-a-scam/

Dan's right, that's the one. I'll try to screen grab it if I see it again.

Blue, yes, Ohio US.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2009, 16:18.

-George Bernard Shaw

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2009, 12:40 Atomic

Blue, I white-listed your site in AdBlocker in an effort of support, but if I continue to see scam ads like the ones I am seeing from pulse360, I'll probably start blocking again.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2009, 12:40.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 on Two DVDs
19. Re: Mass Effect 2 on Two DVDs Dec 4, 2009, 12:34 Atomic

How can it just be one swap? Is the game no longer open-ended exploration? I can't go back to content on disk 1? If I do, why does it not require a swap back?

Doesn't make sense.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Tease?
4. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Tease? Nov 19, 2009, 11:08 Atomic

How about a special "Versus" mode, Characters vs. Midnight Riders, with the Zombies attacking both factions? Why would the humans fight? Could be a fight for resources.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > WoW Microtransactions Begin
2. Re: WoW Microtransactions Begin Nov 4, 2009, 16:44 Atomic

Why don't the greedy bastards donate the whole ten bucks to the charity? How does it cost them anything to provide that?  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Scivelation Announced
4. Re: Scivelation Announced Oct 9, 2009, 13:36 Atomic

Originality is dead. Heck, I don't even think interesting derivation is possible anymore.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Star Trek Online Ship List
8. Re: Star Trek Online Ship List Oct 5, 2009, 14:15 Atomic

I haven't heard anyone say 'what gives' in 5 to 6 years either, so maybe this is right up your alley.

I kid, I kid!

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Safety Dance
6. Re: Microsoft Security Essentials Sep 30, 2009, 12:39 Atomic

In the same boat. Haven't used AV in years, and haven't had a problem either.  

-George Bernard Shaw

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2009, 12:13 Atomic

How about tables for the on sale section? Grouped into sections by seller, column one Title, column 2 price or offer.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Trades Я Us
5. Re: Trades &#1071; Us Sep 10, 2009, 11:54 Atomic

I'm interested to see how this goes over with all those folks that claimed to be against GameStop's "monopoly" and not used games in general.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > PC Mass Effect Pinnacle Station
14. Re: PC Mass Effect Pinnacle Station Aug 25, 2009, 19:52 Atomic

How does this work if you already finished the game?  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Livingstone: Used Games "No Benefit"
33. Re: Livingstone: Used Games Aug 20, 2009, 13:16 Atomic

That gamestop is making most of its money off used game sales, well, good for gamestop. Who cares? That's called a free market economy. Gamestop saw that people felt games were overpriced, they started offering them 5 to 10 bucks cheaper for a used copy, and people bought them in droves. That's smart business.

That's the point I've been trying to make about lower prices for new games. People just want a lower price.

There is not a single instance in the entire known universe where used sales somehow financially benefit the original creator of the product that's being sold. The game industry somehow feels that new rules should apply for it. It is wrong.

Exactly.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Livingstone: Used Games "No Benefit"
24. Re: Livingstone: Used Games Aug 20, 2009, 12:58 Atomic

Beamer, I'm not convinced.

1) Many people cannot afford new games. Used games, then, are often sold to people that are not in the market for new games and sales are not really hurt. I'm in that camp; I'll never pay full retail for a game. Ever. So when I buy used, they are not losing a sale from me. By your very statement, I was never in their demographic anyway.

2) This is just an argument against GameStop, not used game sales in general. What about a local mom and pop store that can't afford to stock new games because publisher's require minimum orders?

3) Pawn shops are an absolute necessity. Pawn shops exist for the very reasons you state; people need to sell something quickly, and only an established dealer has the necessary capital and space to buy quickly. Nothing sold at a pawn shop, nothing, sends a dime back to the original manufacturer of the item. Why should games by any different?

Ultimately, used games is not the issue. The developers and publishers are just sore over supposed lost revenue, which as I stated before, could be easily recouped by lowering prices.

-George Bernard Shaw

490 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo