Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 481 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MoH Taliban Renamed
31. Re: MoH Taliban Renamed Oct 1, 2010, 11:55 Atomic

Jim wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 11:40:
Political correctness run amok.

I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand, I agree with this comment, but on the other, if "friends and families of fallen soldiers" really did express concern, their voices should be heard.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Bible Online Launches
15. Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 21:56 Atomic

Generally when one exhibits so much angst and hate toward something, it is because one sees something in themselves they do not like, so they take the opportunity to condemn that thing to anyone that will hear.

For example, most condemn, criticize, and ridicule Christianity because it personally convicts them like nothing else and their shield of condemnation is the only thing they have to protect themselves. They don't like the way it makes them feel but they can't deny it makes them feel something.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Delve Deeper on Steam
4. Re: Delve Deeper on Steam Sep 25, 2010, 12:32 Atomic

Was it under $5?  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated]
57. Re: GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated] Sep 22, 2010, 17:25 Atomic

But it's over now and nothing has changed. Zero sum game. No harm, no foul. Life goes on... for some anyway.

I truly envy all of you that have nothing more pressing in your life to worry about, I really do.

-George Bernard Shaw

53. Re: GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated] Sep 22, 2010, 17:18 Atomic

Remind me never to play a practical joke on this lot. Not enough diapers or kleenex in the world...  

-George Bernard Shaw

47. Re: GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated] Sep 22, 2010, 17:04 Atomic

Finally a voice of reason.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2010, 17:26 Atomic

Don't DVR sports, Blue. It's impossible to avoid spoilers unless you simply unplug and don't talk to anyone.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Press Release
7. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Press Release Sep 3, 2010, 16:30 Atomic

Dev wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 16:27:
Rectal Prolapse wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 16:13:
Regenerating ego! Now THAT is innovation!
Maybe it was at the time the game was under development. Now its just another sign that its going to be consolized.
QFT!!

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > On Portal 2's Dropped Competitive Multiplayer
5. Re: On Portal 2's Dropped Competitive Multiplayer Aug 27, 2010, 12:40 Atomic

it quickly just devolves into pure chaos

Sounds like every game of Halo I ever played.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Tim Schafer Blasts Bobby Kotick
21. Re: Tim Schafer Blasts Bobby Kotick Jul 14, 2010, 14:50 Atomic

My favorite quote:

You can't just latch onto something when it's popular and then squeeze the life out of it and then move on to the next one. You have to at some point create something, build something.

Sadly, this applies to just about all forms of entertainment today; video games, movies, and television. Who is to blame though, the studios or the consumers?

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 13, 2010, 12:30 Atomic

Ah, a veiled anti-Microsoft rant in the form of a fat Steve Ballmer joke. How quaint.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jul 8, 2010, 08:57 Atomic

Bruce Willis - smells like a dying career.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > FPS Manifesto
14. Re: FPS Manifesto Jun 10, 2010, 07:10 Atomic

Couldn't some software company just develop some API or plug-in that offers all these things for any game to utilize? That would take the pressure off the developers to create it from scratch and focus on the game itself.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black May 28, 2010, 22:32 Atomic

His life was cut short.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > New Star Trek Online Mission
2. Re: New Star Trek Online Mission May 13, 2010, 12:07 Atomic

Not only do they release a single new mission, they spoil it! lol.

I played this game for about an hour before I just had to say "enough". Took me longer to download and install it. I'm not sure what they are trying to do with this game, but I never felt like it was Star Trek in any way.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Pirating vs Paying a Penny
5. Re: Pirating vs Paying a Penny May 10, 2010, 12:09 Atomic

You got it right. What can you do to make people want to be a customer? Stop selling products (which can be stolen) and start selling experiences (which cannot be stolen).

Publishers don't get it, because they are middle men, and middle men are typically lazy. Angst over piracy is more about proving they are irrelevant in this modern age than it is about money, I assure you.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Star Trek Online Demo, Welcome Back Weekend
2. Re: Star Trek Online Demo, Welcome Back Weekend May 7, 2010, 21:30 Atomic

Ah, ah, bitter dregs.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 30, 2010, 21:39 Atomic

Roger Ebert article is spot on.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2010, 10:19 Atomic

Medusa, I know you mean well, but I did want to take the opportunity to address something, not just to you, but to others as well.

Why do people always assume that being married automatically assumes that children are part of the mix, or more importantly, imply that children should be? There are people that are not able to have children for various medical reasons, or believe it or not, actually choose not to have children. In either case, they may be sensitive about it, and nothing is more uncomfortable for them than to have to explain. You don't have to brooch the subject; believe me. If folks have children, you'll know about it in short order.

Thanks.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > David Allen vs Derek Smart
6. Re: David Allen vs Derek Smart Apr 14, 2010, 22:21 Atomic

You cared enough to post. Ain't hypocrisy grand?

There is this thing called "indifference". Look it up.

-George Bernard Shaw

481 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo