Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim K

Real Name Tim K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Atomic
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2000, 18:02
Total Comments 490 (Amateur)
User ID 2718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Suspended
12. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Suspended Dec 12, 2014, 10:53 Atomic

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 10:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 10:49:
ForgedReality wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 10:32:
Half-Life 3 confirmed!
For iOS devices

Card game....

Graphic novel.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
27. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2014, 17:38 Atomic

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 17:26:
Necrophob wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 14:58:
"When we're on the phone and you talk real slow. Cause it's late and your mama don't know." The genius that is Taylor Swift. Talk real slow? I'm not sure that's a valid method of remaining undetected...

yeah, but "soft" don't rhyme with "know", homey!

"Low" does. Look at me, I'm a song writer!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
1. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 16:37 Atomic

Sounds like VR has found it's "killer app". I've never been real thrilled about using VR with an FPS, but this sounds pretty exciting.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
31. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 15:33 Atomic

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 15:22:
Wallshadows wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 09:49:
After seeing some of the battlestation setups by fans, I now understand how this game has an almost limitless pool of funds to tap in to.

Some of those setups are just disgustingly awesome.

Even comes with a Kilrathi Co-Pilot

HA! I totally missed that on my first look.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
4. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 09:59 Atomic

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 09:49:
After seeing some of the battlestation setups by fans, I now understand how this game has an almost limitless pool of funds to tap in to.

Some of those setups are just disgustingly awesome.

Any day now, Centauri is going to show up and take this guy away to defend the frontier against Xur and Ko-dan Armada.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month
18. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 17:35 Atomic

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 16:04:
Atomic wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 14:14:
Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 13:45:
Yeah, so how many actual units have been sold? Anyone can ship a bazillion copies of anything.

Drink your lunch again? It says "sold-in more than 8 million units" in the first sentence.

Well aren't you a clever boy. So clever that you don't even realize that sold-in is just a cute marketing term meaning shipped and not actual sales purchased by consumers. Or were you incapable of comprehending that from my original question?

I was just teasing you, but I guess it's true what they say about poking a bear with a stick. But now that you mention it, I've never heard of "sold-in" being used to refer to "shipped" and I've been in the retail/wholesale/distribution industry for over 20 years. So that usage is not exactly common. If you are intent on educating me, I love a source of that usage that I can review.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month
4. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 14:14 Atomic

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 13:45:
Yeah, so how many actual units have been sold? Anyone can ship a bazillion copies of anything.

Drink your lunch again? It says "sold-in more than 8 million units" in the first sentence.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > The Carbon Footprint of Games Distribution
2. Re: The Carbon Footprint of Games Distribution Sep 3, 2014, 10:07 Atomic

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 09:49:
I call bull**** on this one. So having a master shipped to a production facility in China, having all the assets produced than shipped here via tanker, then train and truck is more green than me downloading a file from across the country? And it says nothing of the waste that has to be picked up and removed for recycling or landfill. Bull****.

Digital distribution generally circumvents taxation. Justify an "environmental" tax on digital distribution, problem solved.

But it could even be more simple than that. It seems the chief researcher works for Sony, and this could simply be an attempt to justify the continuation of BD as a preferred distribution method.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 10:35 Atomic

InBlack wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:11:
Elf Shot The Food wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:07:
Is there anyone who openly despises their fanbase more than game developers and journalists?

Yeah I was just thinking about that the other day. Apart from a few notable exceptions, most developers really do have a hard time rolling with the (mostly justified) punches that their fans keep throwing at them.

Nothing from the book, music or film industry even comes close.

Game developers seems to thrive on public opinion more than those other industries. Why else do they seek constant approval at every stage of the process? The book, music and film industries typically say very little until the finished product is delivered, and certainly never in a context of seeking approval or input to their process.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: F-16 Lands Uncomfortably Low.... Jul 7, 2014, 13:04 Atomic

Yea, kind of crazy. I don't think it an accident.

And, I'm fairly certain that is an F-18, but still a cool video.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 3, 2014, 14:13 Atomic

Boy, his voice is annoying. I'm glad I stuck with it though, because I thought that was a very cogent argument.  

-George Bernard Shaw

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 12:10 Atomic

That Kenny Baker line had me LOL. Nice one, Blue.  

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2014, 11:15 Atomic

Beamer wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:33:
SS wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 09:40:
Anita Sarkeesian is one cute little cupcake.

Proving the point.

Even the cracked article from yesterday's ootb pointed this issue out, and the worse issue that you can't mention it without games flipping their **** in ways more dramatic than anything else can. For some odd reason they view it as a personal attack and get super defensive, irrational, and say the worst misogynistic stuff to prove there's no issue.

Or, people like Cutter who get irate when companies screw him for a profit claim this is fine because companies do it for a profit.

Might want to get your sarcasm meter checked. Not only is it not working, your over-reactive filter seems to be on the fritz too.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > BF Early Access Possible
12. Re: BF Early Access Possible Jun 13, 2014, 12:31 Atomic

Creston wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 11:33:
Yes, it is something we are considering, not from a business standpoint, but from one of creating quality in our products

Well that's a first. I guess at least they're making it official now that when you buy a Battlefield title at launch, you're buying something barely worthy of a 'beta' tag.

Yea, I thought it pretty telling to admit that quality is not a normal part of their business.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2014, 11:30 Atomic

nin wrote on May 13, 2014, 11:29:
Atomic wrote on May 13, 2014, 10:58:
nin wrote on May 13, 2014, 10:00:
I preorder some from amazon, just to play on launch day. But I only do it knowing I can send it back unopened, if reviews suck.

Wait.. you have to read a review to know if something sucked or not?

Before I put down $60? You bet I read a bit.

No, I get that. But we are talking about pre-orders, and the way it read, it sounds like you are spending the money before you read the reviews.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2014, 10:58 Atomic

nin wrote on May 13, 2014, 10:00:
I preorder some from amazon, just to play on launch day. But I only do it knowing I can send it back unopened, if reviews suck.

Wait.. you have to read a review to know if something sucked or not?

-George Bernard Shaw

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2014, 16:55 Atomic

Rattlehead wrote on May 9, 2014, 16:23:
The fact is that with the economy in the ****ter, more jobs being shipped overseas or given to illegals, it's all that is becoming available for people.

You realize that a higher minimum wage does nothing to help this, and arguably, would make it worse?

That's why these things can't be addressed in a vacuum, and why these single issue protests are a fail from the start. You can't just jack up the wage without putting policies in place that address sending jobs offshore or dealing with the illegal immigration issue, or any other myriad related issues. It's just not that simple.

Raising the wage assumes that another two things will happen:

1) The CEO's will just "suck it up" and let that extra cash pull from their own investments.
2) That people will pay $5 to $7 for a McDonalds hamburger.

Not going to happen.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 9, 2014, 14:48 Atomic

NegaDeath wrote on May 9, 2014, 14:37:
Pigeon wrote on May 9, 2014, 14:00:
But you neeeeed that gamma ray shielded, helium-argon encased triple platinum black five foot cable for $80, otherwise you won't get the best signal possible O_O

Monster cables are generic bargain bin garbage. If you really want to preserve the integrity of your signal you use a $1500 cable.

Thanks for the link. Most of those reviews gave me a nice chuckle.

-George Bernard Shaw

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2014, 12:59 Atomic

Cutter wrote on May 9, 2014, 12:31:

You do realize that a LIVING wage - not MINIMUM wage - makes for a much stronger economy, right? No, of course you don't. When America was at its peak it had strong unions, trade protectionism, and corporations and the rich actually paid taxes. Yet, for some reason your ilk thought it was best to end all that. Well you see how that's worked out. Oh wait, you don't because you still think millionaires and billionaires still deserve more and working stiffs still deserve less.

It is kind of disingenuous to compare to a time in US history when the economy was mostly building and maintaining a massive war machine, and oil and gas production, none of which our currently policies support.

Look up what McDonalds and WalMart employees in states like North Dakota are making, and tell me those things you cited are necessary for an employer to offer a good wage.

-George Bernard Shaw

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 9, 2014, 11:40 Atomic

Bundy wrote on May 9, 2014, 10:30:
It's not likely the headphones they want. It's the music streaming service.

Or trying to solidify their hipster offerings.

-George Bernard Shaw

490 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo