Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2975 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Maxis on PC Gaming
6. Re: Quoteworthy - Maxis on PC Gaming Aug 30, 2012, 00:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Jerykk wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 23:57:
I think they listed D3 as an example because it sold like 6 million units in a week and is the fastest selling PC game of all time.
Pretty much. Though they could have used Skyrim too which would be an excellent example. D3 for fast selling, Skyrim for longevity and modability IMO.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
31. Re: Iran Aug 26, 2012, 19:30 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 15:39:

I still to this day do not understand what makes Iran a threat to the USA or Europe.. because last time I checked, Iran doesn't give a damn about either. They give a damn about Israel because they attacked Iran before, without provocation and illegally .. but then, when does Israel ever follow international law.

Sanctions exist because of several reasons, usually because of a belligerent party but that's the short of it. The war on drugs? Yeah I agree, a lot of my friends up here in Canada are LEO's(street side) and would agree with you too. But wars on terror? Different story, especially because terrorism exists as people use it to inflict harm for ideological goals and harm civilians.

Mexico isn't a direct threat. Though the drug cartels are, the government isn't a threat. Though people inside the government that are corrupt are. The ISI(Pakistan) is a threat, and every security agency knows it, the problem being no one has the balls to give them the slap needed. And the last time India was going to, the US intervened. That will hit the boiling point sometime in the next 5-10 years, especially as Pakistan becomes more extremist.

You don't understand what makes Iran a threat to the USA or Europe? Well Iran has and continues to threaten international shipping lanes, they fund terrorist organizations which have international reach, and exist in western countries. Those terrorist groups avowed goals are to destroy the west. The US in particular, followed by Canada then Europe. They do have missiles which can reach parts of Europe.

As for Israel? Remember those terrorist groups that are funded by Iran, yeah those. That isn't without provocation. That's Iran funding a war by proxy, which is also illegal. Same with Syira. And remember international law only exists if you agree to it. The US, Canada and hell even Europe only agrees to something when they feel like it. And why? Because you've got countries like Russia, China and a whole block of extremist ones who would love nothing more than to use those laws which were at one time good, for something else.

It's kinda like Egypt right now, did you know they just started militarizing the Sinai in violation of the peace treaty after the 6-day war? That's a serious enough breach that Israel has the full right to go right back to war defensively per the terms of agreement. Instead they're trying to get the UN to get Egypt to remove any and all military units, and get peace keepers in there. So far the UN is silent on the issue. That's kinda where international law gets you.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

29. Re: Iran Aug 26, 2012, 14:21 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 10:19:
If we sanction Iran for THAT danger why are India and Pakistan not sanctioned then? Pakistan is WAY more unstable than Iran.

... not reading a whole lot of geo political news are you? Otherwise you'd know that India is about as unstable at the borders as Pakistan, you just never hear of it in mainstream media. Or maybe you forgot the Mumbai attacks in 2008 already? Or you think they came out of thin air by magical pixel fairies of doom and huge areas of massive instability at the borders, with, you guessed it, Pakistan?
While pakistan is funding terrorists, and terrorists against india. Iran is directly funding at least, if not more than 5 different terrorist groups. And belligerently threatening half of the middle east, and has been for nearly 20 years. Heck, most recently, they threatened to bomb Saudi Arabia off the map.

Mumbai doesn't make India unstable. Not anymore than 9/11 makes the US unstable, or Air India makes Canada unstable. What makes a place unstable are the neighbors that you have, and what they do. For example, in the US what's unstable is the southern border with Mexico. Where it's basically a free-flow zone, and border agents are shooting at people with bean bags, while they're getting shot at with automatic weapons.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

15. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 25, 2012, 23:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Dades wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 23:03:
You can look at most of the court documents online, I was checking out Apples declaration of patent violations earlier. It contained gems like "black and rectangular".
Kubrick and Arthur C. Clarke called, they want their PAAD back.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Star Wars Detours. Aug 25, 2012, 17:32 Mashiki Amiketo

MajorD wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 17:22:
HAHAHAH!!! Purple actually. Wink

I thought it was pink.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 24, 2012, 17:51 Mashiki Amiketo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 16:24:
If only there were extensions that prevented that from happening...
The only problem is, some people can't install that stuff on work machines. Even though they let you browse stuff at work.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > More on New Black Isle
29. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 23:07 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 18:46:
Freespace space sim/RPG? Please? Please?

*wakes up*
Only if Volition does it. I believe they're still still plotting someones death so they can make it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 23, 2012, 20:43 Mashiki Amiketo

eBay discovers, not valid outside the US.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2012, 20:08 Mashiki Amiketo

RailWizard wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 15:55:
btw does it strike any USians as odd that Russia Today seems to be the best source for US news?

Citation: http://rt.com/usa/news/tsa-shirt-arijit-delta-308/
It's not, the best source are blogs, but like anything else it is a source. Blogs though can be time consuming, and can be very hit or miss. The major networks have an agenda and anyone who doesn't think so needs to get their rectal inversion syndrome checked out. Two or three different groups broke it all at the same time, a couple of citizen journal blogs, I think infowars(which was linked on drudge), and a local conservative talk radio show 620? 580? something like that I can't remember where it was or the frequency who got tipped by someone who was on the flight.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2012, 15:06 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 11:42:
Reality is, they live in all hospitals, and these bacteria KILL because hospital staff allows them to by their own negligence
This isn't anything to be surprised about, my grandmother was a nurse for nearly 40 years(she loved the job), and worked from Canada to the US in hospitals and nursing homes with them asking for her to come to them to fix whatever problems they had with the nursing staff. Her biggest problem when she walked in the doors? Usually to start cracking peoples heads and getting them to wash their hands. The second, was to not scratch their ass while on the job.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Black Isle Studios Name Revived
32. Re: Black Isle Studios Name Revived Aug 22, 2012, 21:27 Mashiki Amiketo

Nighthawk wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 15:48:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 15:20:
Unless Chris Avellone and team are there, it's not Black Isle.
And Brian Fargo
and Feargus Urkhart
to give credit, the black isle team was epic.
Quite true. Though coming off of 40hrs on, the brain doesn't work very well remembering names.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Black Isle Studios Name Revived
13. Re: Black Isle Studios Name Revived Aug 22, 2012, 15:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Unless Chris Avellone and team are there, it's not Black Isle.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Rolling Out
37. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 15:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 12:36:

That said, if you're talking about the xfire player drop, it's definitely there and has been the central point of focus when it comes to pointing out the drop in players. While it does have some validity as a tool (the only one we have) to measure a player base, not everyone uses xfire. Honestly, I don't know anyone of my friends who have it but that obviously doesn't mean nobody uses it.
Yeah I don't know anyone who uses it either, and considering xfire is a craptastic crashfest with D3, for most people. That could very well be another reason why it's dropping off, their overlay causes the game to crash.

To be honest, I doubt there is a source on the 85% number. Except the one that was pulled out of his ass.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed
38. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 21:26 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 20:29:
People where asking for actual content, not pseudo not-random-at-all levels and quest locations always in the same fracking place.
That I can by-far agree with, a random map generator would really seriously help out.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed
35. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 19:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Did I miss something? People whined that they couldn't level to 99, you are now leveling to 60, then can level to basically 99 via paragon levels. Isn't that pretty much what people were asking for...  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Cut New Vegas Content
14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2012, 00:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Rigs wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 23:23:
Well, in another post that questions my status as a lifetime carrier of the 'Hardcore Gaming Club' card, I have to ask, what made New Vegas better than the original Fallout3? Personally, I found the original to be...err, a little boring. At least in the beginning. And the fact that everything is a greenish gray/brown...*shudder*...what does NV bring to the table?

=-Rigs-=
Fo3 was weak, no question about it. But NV? Story, content. The story itself properly fills out, you're not "dad left the vault, go find him" the story is. "This shit is bad, the world is bad." It's harsh, brutal, who tried to kill you and why. Fuck everyone else, find your own path. It's as close to the original bad shit as you can get in the world, even with the NCR just next door. Don't forget that Obsidian is what's left of Black Isle, pretty much everyone is still there. Including the story writers, and it shows in the story itself.

Characters are more fleshed out. Has a closer FO/FO2 appeal to it, the general zaniness it there, especially with the Wild wasteland trait. The one weakness that NV has, is the lack of dungeon crawling(sewer crawling), but hopefully the next time they'll have a better change at that. I'd really like to see them do something with the Boneyard in it, or San Fransisco.

Imo, if you don't have it? Pick it up when the ultimate pack goes on sale with all the DLC. You won't regret it, usually drops it down into the $15-19 range. I still play it, I have nearly 700 hours into it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: On Cut New Vegas Content Aug 19, 2012, 23:09 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 18:32:
KOTOR 2 Redeux?
No. The things that were cut, show that Obsidian budgeted their time exceptionally wisely for what time they did have. And it also shows exactly how badly consoles are dragging PC's down.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. Re: On Cut New Vegas Content Aug 19, 2012, 17:51 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 14:59:
Hey I sent that in like 2 days ago, Blue!

Yeah I think blue's emails are still getting eaten.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2012, 16:10 Mashiki Amiketo

DG wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 15:33:
A basic 500ml plastic bottle of coke here (UK) is about $1.70.

Not a big fan of sugary fizzy drinks personally.
Almost all of us in North America can only get our pop made with fructose/glucose or a combination of both in it. Finding it made with cane sugar or something similar like beet sugar is rare. Another good find, if you run across it? Dr. Pepper made from cane sugar.

Oh and that egg yolk thing. I call bunk, it's about every 4 years or so they go through the "doom, not doomed, doomed, not doomed" thing. 40,000 or more years we've been eating eggs. It hasn't killed us yet, though everything else has.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > OnLive Layoffs Follow-up
28. Re: OnLive Layoffs Follow-up Aug 18, 2012, 23:12 Mashiki Amiketo

^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 18, 2012, 18:47:
Like I said before, if we can't get streaming video to work without a hitch here in Silicon Valley, streaming gaming will never work. If this VC wants to do something useful with his money, he should put it in a barrel and set it on fire...at least he'll get heat out of it.
Buying a timeshare would have been a better option.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2975 Comments. 149 pages. Viewing page 50.
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo