Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3042 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

News Comments > No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace
30. Re: No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace Oct 11, 2012, 14:32 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 13:34:
Smoking bothers you more than cars and factories does it?
That one was always my favorite.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace
24. Re: No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace Oct 11, 2012, 13:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Killing a marketplace before it starts huh? Well good job there MS. Carry on.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > More Project Eternity Goals
11. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 11, 2012, 13:31 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 13:23:
In a perfect world it would because most of the people backing this game don't give a hoot about FB.
I have a funny feeling that's exactly what it is. The majority actually don't give a rat's ass about FB. I sure don't.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
5. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 10, 2012, 23:24 Mashiki Amiketo

jimnms wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 22:14:
The previous drivers were 175MB, that's kind of a big jump. I bet it has to do with Win8 support.
Funny enough, from the previous set it jumped nearly 45MB. And that was adding Win8 support, so maybe they're just trying to compensate.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Project Eternity Kickstarter Adds Wasteland 2
8. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Adds Wasteland 2 Oct 8, 2012, 22:43 Mashiki Amiketo

Zyrxil wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 21:58:
This is...odd. What miniscule percentage of Project Eternity supporters weren't already funders of Wasteland 2?
PE is the first kickstarter for me, so I guess I'm part of that miniscule percentage.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > WoW Toon Genocide Hotfixed
11. Re: Steam Bestsellers Oct 8, 2012, 17:57 Mashiki Amiketo

IQ wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 16:46:
Except people who have tried it say its the best expansion yet.
I was in the beta, and I defiantly enjoyed it. It's fun enough that the GF has resubbed, and my buddy that I hadn't heard from in nearly 6mo along with his wife are playing again too. So I guess we'll see.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Reviews
25. Re: Was just at Target... Oct 8, 2012, 14:52 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 14:45:
If GMG offered refund for Steam games I would have picked it up.
IT'S NOT FAIR!
It's for sale at my local walmart too(ontario), the only difference is I don't have to pay for taxes from Steam which works out fine for me and I save $8 in taxes, which I can put towards gas in my car(especially at $1.30/L or $4.87/gal)

Oh, and by the looks of it for Asus Xonar(all or nearly all models) owners. There are new beta drivers up for Win8 which include a functioning audio control panel.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > More Project Eternity Stretch Goals
9. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 6, 2012, 18:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 17:13:
Hopefully they'll have dialogue lines for stupid characters, like they did in Fallout 2.

Huh?
Nu-uh!

Most people have evil spirits. You? You have stupid spirits. Go see shaman, get hole in head... Big hole... Very big... Huge.

Yeah that'd...be awesome.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > More Project Eternity Stretch Goals
5. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 6, 2012, 16:36 Mashiki Amiketo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 15:55:

That's not the actual game name, right? Placeholder title? At least that was my impression.

This Kickstarter seems to be ballooning out of control, by the way. I just hope they don't forget the core focus of this, releasing a game in our lifetimes.
Yeah it's a place holder title. They've said that before, a few times actually. The title is TBA, as for the extra stuff? I'm not really worried.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 5, 2012, 20:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Yep and for anyone else who missed it. Xcom preloads are now live too.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 5, 2012, 01:15 Mashiki Amiketo

I'm sure not complaining on the SSD prices, at the rate they're going I'm gonna be able to get a 240GB SSD by $100 by black friday, they're already down to $139-159 with rebates/MIR's.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Oct 4, 2012, 20:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Housearmor!  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic
18. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Oct 3, 2012, 20:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Rattlehead wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 19:58:
Lot's of haters here, all less successful.
Success is relative. But he did piss off the pc gamers who helped build Epic from the shithole nothing that it was.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic
13. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Oct 3, 2012, 19:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Protip to anyone in the business:
If this is what you grow up into, stop growing up.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 3, 2012, 03:31 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 20:39:

So why, with the exception of maybe some necessary secure static IPs for official government communication isn't anything coming out of China or other quasi-hostile nations blocked entirely from those servers?

Because that would make sense. The better question is, why aren't they air gaping these machines from the internet?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Non-Gaming Apps on Steam
19. Re: Non-Gaming Apps on Steam Oct 3, 2012, 00:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Dev wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 21:45:
That would be up to futuremark. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they don't setup a way to get a steam version with a previous key. They will want to sell a 2nd copy to people.
Yeah I guess we'll see, I posted a question on just that and I guess we'll see in a few days. If I hear anything I'll post an update here or in one of the other semi-busy threads later for anyone curious.

The reply:

It is not possible to register an existing key to Steam account.

However, you can use the Steam version with the existing key; As long as you have installed a standalone version and put your key there (so it is stored in your registry), you can then install the free Steam demo version and enjoy the auto updates etc. but it will start up as Advanced (without having to buy it again). The key is also saved to your 3dmark.com account as long as you have submitted one score and registered an account - so it can be looked up from there at any time.

3DMark 11 should also still have a box to input the key to in Help tab even for Steam version. For Vantage you have to use the standalone installer at least once to put the key in (if it isn't in your registry)

second edit:

Note that we have heard reports of 3DM11 steam version not properly saving the key if you input it in the help tab. We're investigating that. What definitely should work is if you already have standalone, put the key there so it is stored on your system and then start up the Steam demo version.

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2012, 02:59.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Non-Gaming Apps on Steam
14. Re: Non-Gaming Apps on Steam Oct 2, 2012, 20:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Hmm doesn't look like those of us with 3dmark 11 codes can use them to add it to their library automatically. Putting in the key with the demo version will kick it to the legit version, which put it automatically into your cart, but won't download it either. Looks like there's a few bugs to work out in the app part still.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2012, 20:34.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

40. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 20:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 19:31:
(Papa John's too, the moron. At least get some GOOD pizza, asshole!)
You've apparently never eaten pizza in Canada before, papa john's is awesome compared to the crap we have here(like pizza pizza blargh or 241 pizza). Except for a few small places, one shop comes to mind in Woodstock, Ont called Tony's Pizza and Pasta. The guy who owns it makes excellent pizza along with calzone and panzarotti, while making all their own noodles onsite for anything else. I try to eat there when ever I drive through, maybe every 2-5mo.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

37. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 18:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 17:33:
Ahhh, I see. My mistake. I agree, I wish the US would go to a more secure CC system. Even having a PIN code with a CC would be a huge improvement, but nope. Let's just have the type of card where if you get hold of someone else's card, you can just buy whatever the fuck you want until they block it.

Retarded system.

Creston
Cheers man, no mistake. We just use the same names for different stuff, my mistake for not being clear. Our CC's up here are all chipped now. So, you need to use a pin with them as well. Apparently you guys should start seeing chipped cards though it might take a few more years. I guess it all depends on how bad the fraud gets down there. There was a really big push up here when fraud hit 15% on the old cards and they went from a 5 year switch over to 3 years.

It'll be nice, really nice.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

30. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 17:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 17:07:

I had a chip card in Holland in the late 90s, and I never really saw much purpose to the damn thing. It was on the same card as my debit card, so instead of having to swipe my card and type a four digit pin and pay out of my account, I had to preload the chip, then I'd hold it near the chip "reader", and after a few seconds it would deduct the chip amount.

But why won't your CC's work? Are they still a Master or Visa card? The chip wouldn't do anything in a normal CC reader.
Chip cards(I use interac as an example this is our banking card system) are different than what you're talking about. That's RFID. Chipped cards here are a physical chip on the card that uses 2-factor authentication instead of one factor(just the PIN). The reason why it can can fail is because of the way chipped cards are encoded as "chip in first or refused authentication" doesn't always happen but it's more of a hassle. At pumps in the US they're invalid because you can't give them a zipcode, they require a postal code that's tied to the chip and strip. Again doesn't always happen, but it's more common than not now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3042 Comments. 153 pages. Viewing page 49.
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo