Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2815 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Independence Day Legal Briefs
4. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2012, 17:30 Mashiki Amiketo

mag wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 14:53:

They've already announced that they'll just ignore Parliament on this one.

EU Commissioner Reveals He Will Simply Ignore Any Rejection Of ACTA By European Parliament Next Week

The upper body rules by executive fiat, and overrides the elected parliament all the time. Heck they've already thrown out two elected government's(Greece and Italy) already. Not a big surprise here.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans
12. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans Jul 4, 2012, 12:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Just google "Final Fantasy VII BOOTLEG"(or look on the show more on the video) There's just way, way, way, way too much stuff to post in terms of the mods, and crap to download to bring the graphics upto snuff. But this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e18Ay2kJE4

Is what it looks like with the older version, not counting the music update. New version I think 0039 ? Is going up soonish.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > EU to Allow Digital Software Resales?
12. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 13:18 Mashiki Amiketo

zombiefan wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 12:07:
It'll never happen in this country (the U.S.). Valve simply has too much money; they could buy any judge ten times over.
Does valve really care though? Or is it a problem with the publishers that are using steam.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 3, 2012, 01:34 Mashiki Amiketo

DangerDog wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 20:55:
$39.99 is a decent price but I still don't feel the need to upgrade from win7.
Only if it's $399.99 to pay me to take the PoS.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > EA to "Be a 100% Digital Company, Period"
8. Re: EA to "Be a 100% Digital Company, Period" Jul 2, 2012, 21:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Now the real question is, are they going to be offering rebates to people who live in countries with low bandwidth caps? Nothing like blowing $60 on a game, and another $30 for data charges.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details?
27. Re: More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details? Jun 27, 2012, 12:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 11:41:
No, you actually have to go "purchase" it from the add-ons. It doesn't get added automatically. At least it didn't for me yesterday, and neither did it for anyone on the BSN forum. There were tons of posts on "How do I get it???"

Maybe they changed it, I dunno. It was released the same way as their MP DLC, where you have to "buy" it through the add-on store.

Creston
They stuck a big giant thing on the screen yesterday telling people how to get it after getting flooded with complaints including step-by-step instructions. Origin for all things is pretty piss poor at "how to find" even the more basic stuff.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet
9. Re: 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet Jun 26, 2012, 15:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 15:08:
Hopefully they're also working on another patch for Skyrim to fix the dialog problems they caused with the last one.
Yeah last patch really fuged up alot of scripts. Wordwall finding via Arngeir, courier seems to bug out a lot more. Companion script for "Proving Honor" breaks nearly every time(fixable by using setstage C02 0) on the PC at least, and on the list goes. Added some good stuff but the patch was kinda a mess.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Rome: Total War Sequel Plans?
1. Re: Rome: Total War Sequel Plans? Jun 25, 2012, 20:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Oh yes.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2012, 22:05 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 05:38:

Why do conservatives have such a problem with science? Of 1000s of studies, published 99% support anthropomorphic global warming. 1% don't. You guys really do support the 1%. Please go buy beachfront property in FL and let us know how that works out for you in 30 years.

Put it another way: would you not fire a doctor who tried to fix you using leeches and prayer instead of modern surgical techniques? 99% of published studies show that modern surgical techniques are more effective than leeches and prayer. Are you really going to say you shouldn't fire the doctor for not being a good little AMA douche?

This isn't to single out conservatives exclusively. There are plenty of anti-science libs, like the anti-vaccine kooks.
Should be fine. Since most of the studies go back to several studies with badly formulated data. Yamal for instance, when not cherry picked doesn't reflect the data as was presented. Universities from China, Japan and Canada have tried to recreate the hockey stick and have failed. So have independent scientists. Doesn't help either when the scientists themselves refuse to release the data, or have 'lost' the data, or have deliberately deleted the data, or are stonewalling the data.

No no. That speaks of agenda's and agenda's aren't science. That's orthodoxy, you know. Remember that thing you learned in World History class, about the Catholic Church and Indulgences? Now you remember that thing about Carbon Credits and paying people to make you feel better?

So, lets not forget that they've been saying that the arctic would be free of ice this year, um 20 years ago. Or that there would be no ice on various mountains, or all the glaciers would be gone. Or a variety of other things. Let's not forget that the MET office for example was saying that there would be no more snow in the UK, but they got snow last year. Let's not pretend either that we don't have even a fundamental understanding of the mechanisms of weather in the longterm itself, but we're trying to understand climate.

Science is fine, what most conservatives believe is that indeed there is global warming. What they don't believe is that it's manmade. What they do believe is that it's either natural in some form, or there's a mechanism that's missing. Seeing as how this rock has been much warmer with CO2 levels 40x higher, and life was flourishing. Well until a giant meteor hit.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Valve and Adult Swim Teaming Up
1. Re: Valve and Adult Swim Teaming Up Jun 22, 2012, 21:55 Mashiki Amiketo

Let me guess? "Unavailable in Canada."  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2012, 14:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 12:23:
The news headline should read: Professor freed to find university that teaches climate change skepticism. Fox's favorite toy, the free market, will surely solve his unemployment problem.
What was that? I believe you just said that only echo chambers in education are the best solution to enriching the minds instead of challenging ideas and orthodoxy.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday
28. Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 23:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Dades wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 21:37:

Did you even sell anything? Gems aren't selling at all. Commodities have been disabled since the RMAH launch, you can't sell gems or gold yet.
I'm sure you can figure out that there are grey market methods to selling anything. And since gems only made up around 13% of what I sold, I can't say it made much of a point to make any difference to explain. Then again I was late to that game. People were already prolific in that area. Too much hassle for too little gain, with too much of a possibility of other problems.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

24. Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 21:00 Mashiki Amiketo

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 20:24:
Honestly you have sold 1k of good with your D3 copy? If true, that is hard to argue against and the gaming world is changing. Sure a lot of things they did with this game suck ass, but if you can make bank off of rich idiots, best game evar!
Gems are selling for good to insane prices. Weapons not so much, though some armors were. It has somewhat changed it, though to be honest, the normal AH is still as buy as ever so I don't see it going anywhere. Both sides are still thriving. It's easier to still exploit a market by snagging deals and relisting at a higher price though, which is where I made my money.

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 20:39:
Is that before or after the transfer fee?

While I still think the game is a mess, I have to agree with HorrorScope about taking advantage of the morons out there. I suspect that won't last very long, but enjoy it while it does!
That's before. Even figuring 30%, it's not bad. Though it's much more than what I'm losing off say currencies which is between 1-3% it's better than when I was playing with some brokers who were charging 35% up here. Taking advantage of morons has been the best thing, but it not lasting? I agree. I look at it this way. I've nearly paid for my last 5 years worth of wow in less than a week.

edit: can't spell worth shit.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2012, 21:07.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

20. Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 19:57 Mashiki Amiketo

deqer wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 14:40:
After grinding hours and hours for said item, sure. You'll need to quit your job if you want to be successful.
Uh I've already cleared my first $1k and I still work. I'd say I've been successful. As a point though,that's only about 1/4 of my normal weekly wage before taxes. I'm still waiting to hear back from CRCA to see if I need to declare this on my taxes for next year though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 13, 2012, 12:53 Mashiki Amiketo

Yep I was able to do the same, that's brilliant. Thanks a lot and that's a huge heads up Blair. Sold!

edit: gah drugs can't see worth shit

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2012, 13:32.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Jun 12, 2012, 20:14 Mashiki Amiketo

SoaSE is a great game. The only thing that it really lacks is a single player campaign.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2012, 18:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 18:36:
Spot on. If it wasn't this it would be something else. And how is it hokum exactly? The Cancer society is hokum. Heaven knows how many billions they've raised over the decades with almost virtually no improvement. Even Harvard medical school said cancer will be uncurable for a long, long time to come, if ever.
I hope you're joking. 30 years ago my grandfather would have been dead from the bladder cancer he had. 20 years ago he would have had a slim chance of survival. 15 years ago, he was one of the few given an experimental Interferon-a treatment along with low-dose chemo. He was clear and free from that. 4 years ago he died from Cancer though it was due to melanoma which had spread into the lymph system and literally ate the bone structure of his spine away while spreading through his body.

Sorry there's been advancement's and a lot of them. What would have killed you 20 years ago, you have a pretty good survival chance of today.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
87. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 17:49 Mashiki Amiketo

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 17:05:
]

Hold up there smokey. This "official" company line on production woes and availability is complete and utter BS.

Activision / Blizzard is big enough of a company that they can invest in Vasco's operation if they really needed and help make these wonderful devices that Blizzard is slowly realizing is a necessity on their service.

BUT THERE JUST ARENT ENOUGH FACTORIES IN THE WORLD TO MAKE THESE!! AND THINK OF THE COST TO ACTIVISION WHEN SO MANY WOW PLAYERS ALREADY HAVE ONE. Please. This argument stinks of shite.
So, Vasco doesn't have enough production capacity but it's Blizzards fault? No wait it's Vasco's fault? Never mind, let's get to it. I'm guessing you don't have much of a clue of how this business works. Batches are made, they also have to be placed on customer priority, and those batches also have to be designated for each customer. And of course each batch uses it's own unique key. Let's not to forget that it's an encryption device as such falls under import/export restriction controls. Meaning that only particular companies can make them, and in particular numbers of batches too.

I'm glad you don't have an idea of how this entire thing works. "Throwing money at it" does not work in this case.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2012, 17:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Heads up the 1.6 patch resets all your keyboard bindings. Oh yay?  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
72. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 16:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Smellfinger wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 16:21:

The end result is the same if RMHA is one of the reasons you purchased the game. Unless you have it, you're walled off from a major feature.
No it's not the same result. And you're not walled off, walling you off would require you to provide POD, plus proof of ident, plus several other things, while region locking it. If you were planning to use the RMAH you more than likely already had an authenticator, if you weren't using two factor authentication for something money related, you're asking for it to be taken.
Classic logical fallacy.
Incorrect. There's no fallacy there, rather the realities of economics. See my previous post on the other page, blizzard isn't allowed to hog all of the FOB's.
The problem is that it wasn't a requirement until after the game was released and millions of people bought the game with the assumption that RMAH would be a baseline feature.
It's still a baseline feature, so what's the problem? The AH is still there. The RMAH is still there. At the very worst and you're american you need to drop $6.50 and get one, or get one for free on your cellphone. In Canada and other parts of the americas you pay $17 in shipping(yay shipping), or get it free on your cellphone. Again, this still isn't a problem.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2815 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo