Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2808 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Sets Sales Record
11. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Sets Sales Record Jul 25, 2012, 19:39 Mashiki Amiketo

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:37:
I honestly forget which one I used, and I uninstalled Diplomacy to make room for Rebellion so I don't have it anymore. If I recall it made all fighters auto-dock when no enemies were in the gravity well so the system isn't constantly processing those. It also reduced the mine limit and made each one stronger to compensate, again to track less objects. I think those two were pretty big FPS killers when the quantities are high end-game.
If you happen to remember which it was, post it I'd be interested. I haven't had time to play, but always nice to know what mods to look at for the future.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Mists of Pandaria in September
18. Re: WoW Mists of Pandaria in September Jul 25, 2012, 13:31 Mashiki Amiketo

deqer wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 13:13:
But is GW2 truly F2P?
That's the hook. It's actually pay to win.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
7. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Jul 24, 2012, 00:35 Mashiki Amiketo

People like dungeon crawling(ie sewer crawling). Which FO3 had a lot of, NV didn't have much of that. I admit I liked that too, but there wasn't a lot of it in NV. Though as Chris Avellone said on the topic, there's alot of places in the US southwest for the next installment, and even more that people haven't considered. I'd really love to see them do something in the Boneyard(LA), or heck even New Reno. Or both, there's really no shortage of material.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
5. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Jul 24, 2012, 00:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Rea1One wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 23:26:
Im the opposite, I enjoyed Bethesda's Fallout 3 a lot more then Obsidian's Fallout NV.

Therefore im excited Bethesda is currently working on Fallout 4 and not Obsidian.
Blasphemy. Let me guess, you enjoyed the TV miniseries of Dune over the actual books too?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated]
17. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 23, 2012, 13:28 Mashiki Amiketo

wonkawonka wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 13:18:

+100
I couldn't have said it better, regarding all the above thoughts. I did get to act II inferno, but quickly reverted to act I farming.
Easier to make money there anyway. Easier to get drops there with a high %MF, and it'll be even easier once they put MF back on chests.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Jul 22, 2012, 00:22 Mashiki Amiketo

ASeven wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 21:29:
But they are.

I gotta ask, just what did Captain D.Bag develop on anyway, an abacus?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Jul 21, 2012, 20:54 Mashiki Amiketo

ASeven wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 19:33:
But PCs are only useful for spreadsheets.
Really man? Does that make consoles only good for making toast.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jul 21, 2012, 19:27 Mashiki Amiketo

I dunno, it seems to me that it might be a better idea to simply say "screw consoles" and release games directly on oh...steam.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 20, 2012, 21:08 Mashiki Amiketo

Loud mouth celebrities who think they're better than everyone else suffer PR disaster. Flee, in attempt to save suffering careers. News at 11.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2012, 11:55 Mashiki Amiketo

Don't worry Blue. The forecast for across the lakes and across from you is to be back up into the high 80's and low 90's by late saturday, or early sunday. So I'm sure you'll be getting it soon enough. The humidex around here is supposed to push it back into the mid 90's to the low 100's too.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2012, 14:15 Mashiki Amiketo

Prez wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 12:36:
Meh, cry me a river. That's everyday between June 1st and October 1st here in the midsouth.

The the midsouth might get that from June 1st to September. But the last time I looked from November to March they didn't get 24-80" snowfalls and assnumbingly(-25 to -30F) cold weather either. Though sometimes, if you're lucky, you do get freezing rain. But we get the snow, then freezing rain. Or sometimes the other way around, or sometimes we get the rain,then snow, then freezing rain, or a combination of any of those in any order. Making sure that chaos is beheld by all!

You're also welcome to trade that any time you want. We also get "wet winters" unlike those guys out in the US plains. Which means that cold, yeah. The cold chills you to the core, and bites at your soul.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2012, 12:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Today is the first time in nearly a month where the temperature is under 80. I know where you're coming from Blue, a nice toasty 75F with rain here. Yesterday was 96F with the humidex in the 119F range.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Jul 18, 2012, 20:31 Mashiki Amiketo

Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 20:10:
When you're looking for work as a game dev, the metacritic score of the titles you've worked on effects how HR recruiters view your CV.

Yeah that's half the problem. Especially when publishers can taint it, users can bomb it. Absofuckinguseless.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2012, 14:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 12:25:
No shit. They couldn't PAY me to upgrade. Windows 8 is going to be a bigger bust than Vista was.

Creston
Yeah I'm getting a forced upgrade for my work machine. Oh yeah. So now I get to do double duty on a win7 and win8 machine. If I come here and am twice as insane, you now know the reason.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2012, 15:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Gruntstein wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 13:15:
Christian countries are white countries and white people are less likely to commit serious crimes than non-whites. This has less to do with religion and more to do with racial differences.
Ahaha yeah. I think it's about time for you to travel outside of that 60 mile limit of your house, and go travel the world a bit. There are plenty of countries that some form of christianity as the actual state religion(roman catholic for example, and a few that are protestant), that are actually non-white. I'll just point that out.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2012, 12:12 Mashiki Amiketo

space captain wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 11:50:
fear has always been used to control the population... see: christianity
Funny you say that. In other news, in socities which have a strong belief in "hell" like "christianity" there is a lower crime rate. Well now, isn't that a problem, or is it? The actual study in itself is very interesting if you're into psychology at all, though it's behind a paywall which is why I'm not linking it.

Now, I can keep going if I really wanted but which way. Should we go the Muslim, or the Jewish path? Shinto, or Hindu? Choices, choices. Though the muslim one is reallllly fun with their crime stats. Especially once you get into the number of sexual assaults in muslim countries, and you correct them to western values.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2012, 10:36 Mashiki Amiketo

In the undergrad criminology course I took, the one part covering theft prevention they liked to call this the "Make me feel like a criminal effect." If you make people feel like a criminal, they're more likely to react that: If they're being labeled as such, they're going to react as such no matter what. People don't like being applied with this label, and it shows that businesses who do such are out of touch with their customers.

How the hell this ever passes into reality, when people tell them "this isn't a good idea" I have no freaking clue.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jul 16, 2012, 10:31 Mashiki Amiketo

Nothing. It wasn't a bad technology 130 years ago when people were messing around with it in b/w photographs except as an oooh-ahahhh wowoer. But it's also easy to give you eyestrain, headaches, nausea, and all the rest. But most people still haven't even jumped onto the "HD" bandwagon.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2012, 15:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Considering how cheap a good laser printer will cost these days, you might want to consider grabbing one of those the next time you need a replacement. Especially with the cost of toner cartridges. I picked up a Samsung CLP-320 for $120 last year and I'm still on the starter toner kit, and I've already printed double what the starter kit listed for the number of pages would print. They listed 2000 b/w and 400-500 colour. I've gotten ~4800b/w and around 650 colour so far.

And considering the toner cartridge is around the same price each for a single colour pack these days, I still end up coming ahead when I did the math.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
165. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 14, 2012, 13:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Skyrim is onsale for 50% off today ya slackers.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2808 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo