Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3015 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2013, 14:43 Mashiki Amiketo

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 14:41:
Research is great, but they're not looking for facts - they're looking for scape goats.

I thought we were over this already.
Sorry man nope, it's the days of rock n' roll and D&D all over again.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2013, 14:42 Mashiki Amiketo

I'm damned happy I missed that cold snap, I left for Florida a few days before it hit and hit every damn storm from southern Ohio to northern Georgia. Including the 3" of sleet and freezing rain in Tennessee.

But with any luck some of that warm will be coming back up with me next week.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2013, 12:59 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 10:31:
Im pretty sure he is talking about not being afraid to accept that research has shown that video games have nothing to do with violent gun crimes....
I wouldn't be against this, if they were also including movies and news. This is so one sided that you can smell the bias.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Patched
2. Re: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Patched Jan 15, 2013, 16:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 16:16:
Whew no infestor nerf yet.
That comes out after HoTS.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
67. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 16:14 Mashiki Amiketo

sauron wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 11:40:
The regular police in the UK (the world's first police force, founded by Sir Robert Peel in 1829) have never been armed, by design. Their only armed units are anti-terrorist and SWAT teams. Have you ever read any history? It appears not.

And no, I'm not just following the narrative and am well aware of the specifications of the weapons in question.

And the founding document has nothing to do with it. Last refuge of the NRA apologist.
Right. For someone who says "have you ever read any history" you'd best go back and read history, british police were armed several times. And continue to be so to this day outside of anti terrorist units and swat teams.

And if you're following the "specifications" then you know that there is no such thing as an assault weapon outside of what's been created by talking points.

That founding document has plenty to do with it, perhaps you should jump back oh..what was it 1909 I believe was the case. And "read some history" before you claim that someone is a NRA apologist.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 11:21 Mashiki Amiketo

sauron wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 09:58:

In both the UK and Australia, strict gun controls were put in place following early occurrences of mass killings involving assault weapons. As a result, similar events have not occurred since. The US has not done the same, and so these horrible crimes keep happening.

Not true. In the UK mass killings happened again afterwords, and they also disarmed the police. And while the guy wandered around shooting people, it took them several hours to finally subdue him. Australia wasn't so much a part of the studies I did a few years back, but I do remember a heavy correlation after the loss of firearms a serious rise in violent crime and violent B&E a trend which is still rising.

Then again, anyone who uses the catch phrase "assault weapon" is probably just following the narrative. Being realistic, the media have more to blame than guns(an inanimate object) or the NRA. The media are willing to run with it, give it publicly, splash the person all over the place and give them recognition and infamy(in the other persons mind fame). Besides, if you're going to blame the NRA for anything, then you'd best blame the ACLU for anything free speech related.

And you might as well just piss all over that founding document while you're at it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Half-Life Prototype Footage
6. Re: Half-Life Prototype Footage Jan 9, 2013, 13:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Jivaro wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 10:48:
Like a Planescape Torment...
Blasphemer!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
9. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 01:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Dades wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 00:10:

You haven't even used Windows 8.
I have, I'm running it right now. My only real complaint was the serious shift(or shit) in the UI. Once you got past that it's not really bad at all.

The main 'under the hood' stuff is more so worth it than anything else as long as you can tolerate the UEFI, though there are options to disable that in my current board. And I've run across my first incompatible game it uses gamemaker, but the audio driver uses very specific japanese dll file which hasn't been updated since 2006. I say that's pretty damn compatible overall.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
15. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Jan 6, 2013, 17:53 Mashiki Amiketo

Asmodai wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 16:47:
Reading, HOW DOES IT WORK?!?!?! X D
Poorly, though sometimes with fire and brimstone.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Sale Encore
18. Re: Steam Sale Encore Jan 5, 2013, 20:29 Mashiki Amiketo

I was considering picking up anno 2070, but I think I'll wait for a further drop/GOTY edition with all the DLC packed in. Though dishonored for $29 is tempting.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > AoE Online Content Development Ceasing
6. Re: AoE Online Content Development Ceasing Jan 4, 2013, 05:20 Mashiki Amiketo

ShakaUVM wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 04:15:
So much promise... such a terrible game.
There was promise? If you say so, it looked to me including what I tried in the beta that they were going for a uber casual crowd. Sadly they've probably just killed AOE off fully with this massive screwup.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
27. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2013, 15:00 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 13:54:
All PC sales are slow. Everyone is buying iPads, not new laptops, and I'd absolutely, 100% blame the iPad for the sales hit rather than any design decision.
Really? The majority segment that I've been seeing in trends are android devices if anything ipads and anything apple related is sinking faster than the titanic.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 21:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Asmodai wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 21:14:
That game abused me horribly when it picked up a bug in the save game (despite all the precautions) on the ghoul rocket mission about 60 hours in.
I've never once run into that, and I've got 407 hours played according to steam. The only one that really got me was the one bug with veronica and "I could make you care" with her dialog not catching at key points.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 21:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 19:36:
Sad to see all the repeating sales. Hoping for a good Fallout New Vegas sale...!
Really? It was on sale for 75% off last month.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 16:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Awesome Dev, thanks!  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Dec 30, 2012, 01:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Jerykk wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 00:28:
To be fair, going from 6 gigs of RAM to 14 gigs won't show any noticeable performance improvement in the vast majority of games. You only need that much memory if you do a lot of 3D modeling, video editing, etc. Replacing your regular HD with a SSD would actually show a greater performance improvement (in terms of load times mainly).

This pretty much is it. The only way you're going to see an increase as well with memory, is by tweaking and adjusting timings(cas, ras and so on) and by screwing with the timing clocks. And you're only going squeeze so much out of it anyway. We're pretty close to the end of the line for the current DDR3 standard for the desktop game, so what most people have a 3% difference isn't noticeable, hell a 5% difference isn't noticeable.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer
11. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 15:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Looks like a period drama. Though I missed the part about tea.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Boxing Day Metaverse
5. Re: Boxing Day Metaverse Dec 26, 2012, 22:38 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Dec 26, 2012, 22:29:
I'm just glad it got the attention it deserved. The Iranian gov't is horrible, but the people living under that regime have the potential to create a great country if they could get the right kind of govn't.
The population is unarmed, and the government is a theocracy with all the weapons. The chance of them being able to "create a great country" is next to impossible.

Remember, they beat, rape and imprison women for standing up for the rights of others. They hang gays for being gay, the religious police cane people in public as an example then send them on their way. And so on. And before someone gets the idea of saying "but look at Egypt" ... yeah look at Egypt, how's that new theocracy workin' out anyway? Worse than the old dictatorship isn't it. Much the way Syria is going.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Dec 26, 2012, 14:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Draugr wrote on Dec 26, 2012, 14:52:
Certainly not, but just like other forms of media and art it can be used to provoke discussion of social issues. Some people may not catch onto themes like these but they are there in a lot of the media we consume, Regardless of whether the author put them consciously or not.
I've got a great response to the elitist pricks who love to spout this crap in the dead tree media. Fuck off, I don't need their opinions on "omg hurt ponies, and need more shiny ponies."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Christmas Legal Briefs
4. Re: Christmas Legal Briefs Dec 25, 2012, 15:19 Mashiki Amiketo

saluk wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 13:53:
Economics 101 - HBO limits the distribution so much demand skyrockets. Piracy meets the demand.
Who wants to make money?! Not them!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3015 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo