Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3657 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. No subject May 31, 2015, 22:46 Mashiki Amiketo

I'm still trying to decide if it's worthwhile to pick up Elite: Dangerous or wait another 6-12 months.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
29. No subject May 31, 2015, 13:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Dagnamit wrote on May 30, 2015, 22:55:
See but you're so quick out of the gate with the SJW stuff, that I can't really believe that it's just about ethics in journalism. Someone tell me, what does GG want? Please.

Except of course if I look at the sjw stuff, what do I see? Threats, doxing, "no wrong actions, only bad targets" mentality. Oh and what does GG want? It's already won everything(disclosure, writing stories in a non-biased way, clear ethical policies, bottom feeders have quit, left, or openly apologized for attacking gamers, etc) that it wanted for the most part. Nearly every gaming site that isn't sinking so fast you'd think it hit an iceburg seems to be doing fine. These days it's acting more like a watch dog.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

15. No subject May 30, 2015, 22:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on May 30, 2015, 22:20:
You're going to end up with far more GG critics in prison than GG supporters if laws against such are enforced.

I can't wait. You're also going to find a lot of SJW's, atheism+ and so on supporters in jail.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. No subject May 30, 2015, 17:52 Mashiki Amiketo

HoSpanky wrote on May 30, 2015, 16:57:
Why is this a surprise? Being a smartmouth is one thing, posting personal info and death threats is another.

Better let facebook know along with the people who use it, since they post personal information all the time voluntarily even.

Then again the people who are whining and saying this crap about #gamergate have belonged(or still do) to some of the most vicious troll(gnaa, helldump, etc) and doxing groups out there and have zero problem doxing other people.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > AMD Beta Drivers
6. No subject May 30, 2015, 03:48 Mashiki Amiketo

KilrathiAce wrote on May 30, 2015, 02:44:
Been half a year since AMD did official drivers new version, I guess AMD cut down so much staff that now it will take a year for regular official driver updates.

Considering the rate at which nvidia pumps out drivers, which burn out cards(remember the drivers the screwed up fan profiles) and lead to TDR crashes(let's dump the gpu core voltage to keep the cards cool), I think I'll take stability and waiting over a new driver release every week or two.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. No subject May 29, 2015, 13:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Find the 15.4's have better performance for Witcher 3 compared to the 15.5's, I'm actually have a fps drop and studdering with these new drivers. Using a 7950 w/3GB onboard.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. No subject May 29, 2015, 11:24 Mashiki Amiketo

FYI it's beta 15.5  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > CDPR: "Too Early" to Discuss Cyberpunk 2077
7. No subject May 27, 2015, 10:51 Mashiki Amiketo

LurkerLito wrote on May 27, 2015, 10:36:
Doh that means it is at least 3 years out.

It would have been nice to finish Witcher 3 then next year have Cyberpunk

CDPR isn't a AAA studio, and they don't have the number to pump out titles like that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

26. No subject May 25, 2015, 08:49 Mashiki Amiketo

Jerykk wrote on May 25, 2015, 08:34:

That figure was for all three platforms, not just PC. Also, a large portion of the 400k Steam copies were very likely pre-orders, so adding that number on top of the multiplatform pre-order numbers isn't quite accurate.

Unless it states otherwise, those would be sold copies post-release in most cases of metrics measuring.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

22. No subject May 25, 2015, 08:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Jerykk wrote on May 25, 2015, 00:07:
According to SteamSpy's estimates, W3 has sold about 400k on Steam. Given that Steam is by far the largest distributor of PC games, I'd estimate that total sales so far have been around 500k. Lifetime PC sales will probably be around 4-5 million, though most of those will be at significantly discounted prices. I'd estimate about 800k total PC sales at full price.

Witcher 3 pre-orders(not shipped--sold) exceeded 1.5m copies, that means the game has hit 1.9-2.2m copies sold already.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. No subject May 24, 2015, 23:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Saboth wrote on May 24, 2015, 22:53:
CDPR stated W3 wouldn't have been able to be made without the income from console sales. Hopefully with their 3 spot success on steam, any future games won't have to have so many glaring concessions to consoles. I'm loving the game, but you can handily spot areas where things had to be toned down or changed to make things easier for less powerful console machines or controller control.

Truth. By the way for anyone using sweetfx, I recommend this preset. It's nice.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Game Reviews
19. No subject May 23, 2015, 23:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on May 23, 2015, 15:52:
Eh, Mack thought Dark Souls was too hard for him control wise. I've played W2 on the hardest difficulty with a kb/m, easy for me, but difficult for others I guess. Playing so many games over the years on console and PC has helped perhaps learning various control setup/mechanics.

Same, I haven't ever gotten around to a insane playthrough but I'm good enough on W2 on dark to get through it without dying now. The biggest change is where you rolled out of the way for everything, now you're going to dodge a lot of stuff instead of rolling. Rolling can cause a creature to regenerate faster than you can do damage.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free Content
10. No subject May 20, 2015, 01:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Dacron wrote on May 19, 2015, 23:48:
Tunnels? I can see one incredibly long, overly sophisticated tunnel getting flooded during rush hour

I can't wait to try that now. I do love the hell out of the water physics in this game.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
29. No subject May 19, 2015, 10:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:34:
Are you positive nothing transfers? I was hoping some things would like my Raven Armor. When you get all the "best" weapons and armor in Witcher 1, those transferred into W2 (they were actually quest items though), but they were downgraded items for balance purposes - and were just sliiightly better than starting equipment (and could be upgraded). For instance, I used the Aerondight (fully upgraded doing 30 or so base damage) with runes throughout Chapter I and partway in II.

I had all of that gear in my W2 save and none of it transferred over. It looks like the only stuff that transferred over were decisions, quest resolutions, etc.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
14. No subject May 19, 2015, 10:16 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:18:
But anyone who has been around 10+ years in PC Gaming knows that while AMD has good hardware, they are NOTORIOUS for horrible drivers. Every time I have upgraded my GPU since the good old VOODOO days, this has played a factor into my purchase of NVIDIA cards, and why I will NOT purchase a AMD card.

Funny enough it was the opposite reason that I jumped from nvidia to amd back around when the 290 drivers were released. Because while their hardware was great, all their drivers did for nearly a year was crash, crash, crash, TDR, TDR, TDR all the while they tried blaming users for it. Until it came to light that it was their drivers causing the problems, because their cards ran so hot they dropped the voltage down to keep the gpu cooler. That caused serious instability, and then they fixed it for about 3 releases and all of a sudden the problem was back again.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units
27. No subject May 19, 2015, 09:13 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 05:41:

Sounds pretty good so far! Thanks again Mashiki! Let us (read: me) know how 'open-world' it really is once you get out of the first area, there was some concern in some of the previews that you can't just pick up and head in a random direction without wandering into higher level NPCs and monsters (which would be awesome) or without first getting a quest to travel somewhere (which would suck).

Well I'd call it more 'open-zone' but the areas are huge, I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure you can travel back to other areas as well from where you've been. Since the story is liner and all that it's not surprising that they went this route, since each area has something core to do with the story, and there are multiple overlapping segments in the same area as well. Haven't hit any major cities yet or anything, but the second main area you head into is massive in size, I can't put a scale to compare it against to say skyrim but it's still large. Wandering into a lot of areas will get your face chewed on without a problem, I've had that happen 4-5 times already.

Anyway, no complaints, quite happy. The no fully open-world is disappointing but I figure once we get the redkit it'll be changed fairly quick.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
18. No subject May 19, 2015, 09:08 Mashiki Amiketo

Scatterblak wrote on May 19, 2015, 07:49:
It's 3rd person, and immersion is just not very good. If there was a viable 1st-person option, I (and a lot of other people) would be way into it. 3rd person only changes it from being a personal adventure to something akin to being nearsighted and playing with dolls.

Uh a lot of the big titles over the last 10 years have only been 3rd person. Don't like it? Well that cuts down on a lot of stuff you can play especially since the witcher series has only ever been 3rd person.

Anyway, 12 hours non-stop enjoying the hell out of it. Really like the "oh shit, enemies going to chomp on your face" stuff because you're too weak. Disappointed non of my gear from W2 transferred over, but I can understand why it didn't. It was uber-powerful stuff especially dark items towards the end, and that would simply make it too easy.

Plays well on my 7950, have almost everything on ultra except shadows. Think I'm using SSAO but I'd have to double check, getting ~40fps or so, there's enough time for them to fix the usual crap like what happened when W2 was released. As for overall gameplay and all the rest, enjoying it a lot. Despite the whining of 'omg graphics downgrade' they're good, quite good in quality. Fog and lighting effects are excellent as well. Music is excellent too. I'm also quite happy that geralt feels more like geralt(as in the books) then in the previous two.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
1. No subject May 19, 2015, 09:03 Mashiki Amiketo

You'd think nvidia would have learned from Intel's clusterfuck on pretty much the same thing, but apparently not. I mean I think it only cost Intel half a billion dollars.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. No subject May 19, 2015, 04:40 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 03:32:
Thanks, Mashiki....Now people, give us some impressions. Most of all I am interested in the gameplay/combat. From the previews and videos I managed to deduce that the game is gorgeous, that the world is pretty large and that the quests and storyline are aweseome sauce. How is the rest of the game? Is the combat repetitive? Gimmicky? Is the freeform openworld part of the game a myth? Does it play more like an action adventure than an RPG? I need info

Enjoyable, combat is slight different from W2. Enemies are more agile, some stronger and so on. I haven't even left the first area that you start in and have ~9 hours of gameplay in, haven't even discovered everything yet. Just finishing up the quest 'treasure hunt' where you find some lost witcher schematics. I'd say it's still very RPGish, but does have some more actiony elements to it.

So for those that found the W2 lacking, they should enjoy W3.

Oh as for 'is it pretty' yeah it's damned pretty not even using sweetfx yet, fog is done very well, lighting done well. You can see at times where it was downgraded. Also just had my first hardlock while playing, in the inventory screen. Apparently there's quite a few people with the same problem. But I consider that pretty good since it's my first problem in 9 hours.

edit: Ran into something absolutly hilarious, wish I'd been recording it. Anyway, going along hacking up some deserters slice one pretty much in half. And I get a chance to talk to him, what does he say "You're fucked..."

Also if you're playing on the higher difficulties, grab "sun and stars" under the general section it'll make things a bit easier right at the start.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2015, 04:53.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

14. No subject May 19, 2015, 03:24 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 02:43:
I fucking hope not...So...Im assuming most of you guys got the Witcher through an online store or such, how big is the download and the game when installed (asking if it will fit on my SSD)?
Call it 25GB(24.7GB) on my SSD.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3657 Comments. 183 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo