Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3135 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
299. No subject Sep 2, 2014, 17:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Sho wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 13:59:
I gotta say, a lot of the stuff in comment threads related to Sarkeesian makes the site feel pretty unwelcoming.
Critiques and differing views of opinion = unwelcoming. Got it. After all, we wouldn't want people to have to face the world where one's opinions are subject to the same realities outside of their bubble now would we? Everyone's a special snow flake, and no matter how wrong their opinion is; we should respect it...and not discuss it. Especially if it's a women...amirite?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
32. No subject Sep 2, 2014, 17:43 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:40:
Interesting attempt. So who do I report Kotaku to for their hateful harassing articles against male gamers? I would be all for this if it also had a section on that 'journalists' shouldn't provide positive press for sexual favors.

Sounds like a good idea but I don't see the SJWs following this.
Simple, you go after their advertisers. That's what I did, cut the money off and they'll either go under or change their tune.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Memorial Interviews
2. No subject Sep 1, 2014, 17:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 12:25:
As an ex-BBS sysop I have to say this makes me misty. LORD, BRE, etc. those were great games. So innovative for the time. I think I still enjoyed playing MUDs more than any graphical games today.
Damn if that isn't true. I ran a head-node for fidonet too, damn if I didn't love BRE. It was probably the first game I played as a kid that got me involved in a larger community, the board I used to play on used to have a get together for weekly strategy meetings.

Damned gooiekablooies: You send 11000 Jets, 7438 make it back.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
249. No subject Sep 1, 2014, 05:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 13:47:

Citation on the wonderful work her employer, the American Enterprise Institute, does to make sure the Koch Brothers and their peers stay super rich while the rest of us suffer.
This is a woman you want to cite for common sense?
Congrats. You've just done exactly what the sjw's are claiming that other people are doing. Not only did you attack her for her sex, but you also attacked her for her work without any factual refutations.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. No subject Aug 31, 2014, 16:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 15:00:
If they really wanted to get away with it, they shouldn't have bragged at all on any site, let alone twitter. Not too bright.
One of my friends who's a constable put it this way: "social media makes catching dumb criminals so easy, that they should just march themselves to the police station and save us the trouble."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2014, 16:29 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 16:26:
Strange, I can't post a comment to this story: RAYA Sound Engine. Anyone else having this problem?
No posting in that thread for me either.

Usually the labor day weekend here(southern ontario) is complete crap. They've been calling for either rain, or t-storms since friday and they haven't happened yet. I'm actually quite surprised, it's also the first time in the last 50 days that I've had to have the AC on, 28-31C with 60-90% humidity.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
172. No subject Aug 30, 2014, 06:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 03:07:
Oh my god that reddit forum. It's everything some here claim doesn't exist.
Hypocrisy doesn't ring a bell for you does it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
171. No subject Aug 30, 2014, 06:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Jerykk wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 02:40:
Leigh's article is the exception, not the rule. http://gamasutra.com/blogs/expert/

The fact that she posted her rant as a news article instead of a blog is pretty unprofessional, though. Gamasutra has generally done a good job of keeping that stuff separate.
Actually if you read through her other stuff, it's a rule not the exception. Most of the stuff on gamasutra however I do agree with, but this is the whole thing and it's not limited to gaming journalism. This happens in the other parts of the press as well, and it's endemic in journalism courses as well. Where these individuals are not taught the difference between opinion and news. Rather they're taught that news can be opinion, speckled with their own view points.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition
5. No subject Aug 30, 2014, 06:31 Mashiki Amiketo

Quboid wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 20:54:
I've only ever been interested in historical and custom battles, is Total War: Rome II suitable for this yet?
I don't mind them at all, but I mostly play the world domination mode. Last historical battle I did was about 2 patches back and it was good. If you think it might be iffy still, just wait for it to hit a sale again. I've seen it as cheaply as $5 on humble already.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
155. No subject Aug 30, 2014, 01:06 Mashiki Amiketo

Jerykk wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 00:53:
Gamasutra is simply a site that posts news and editorials from people in the games industry. It does not have a regular staff of writers pumping out drivel like Kotaku does. Every editorial is written by a guest writer.
That might be true, providing that the author Leigh Alexander wasn't the managing editor, or writer or whatever. And also has no clue about gaming culture, as witnessed by her previous social media commentary.

Anyway, rather suspicious isn't it? It smells just like that bit where all those writers were colluding and writing similar articles with similar view points. Wish I remember what the mail list is called, oh well. So today, we've got no less than 7 sites all writing the same crap as gamasutra. Something smells rotten.

Tossing this in as well which is apparently from a journalist that wishes to remain anonymous. I'll rank it as possibly true, especially considering the collusion going on right now with all of the same stories.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2014, 01:26.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
144. No subject Aug 29, 2014, 22:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 21:34:

Can you people please start giving context to these images you post.

And, regardless, show me one cause that doesn't have idiots in it. One. Any one.

Really it's not that hard to figure out. She was a managing editor, complained that she was subject to sexual harassment in the workplace, was fired from the job, they deleted all of her work, and told her to explicitly go fuck her self. This was destructoid, if you didn't catch any of that. And the "sjw's" didn't do jack squat, neither did any of the people who are running off to lick sarkisians and quinn's toes.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
137. No subject Aug 29, 2014, 21:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Hypocrisyof course abounds among the swj class.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sims 4 Specs (and Pancakes)
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2014, 06:30 Mashiki Amiketo

NetHead wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 22:15:

Some irony in this "32-bit executable - TS4 is not 64-bit" when the requirements list a 64 bit OS and 4GB of RAM. If it really is only 32 bit it will only be able to access 4GB of RAM including GPU/graphics RAM so 4GB of system RAM can not be fully utilised.

Well I'm guessing one of two things in this case, either it's pure laziness or their metrics breakdown shows that most people who play sims are still on a 32bit OS. Which really wouldn't surprise me, since something like 20% of people according to the steam hardware survey are still on 32bit. There are ways to get an extra 2GB of memory out of that though, if the system has it available. Anyway, we're still not seeing a lot of mainstream games with x64 binary builds either...so I'd chalk it up to a mountain out of a molehill. It'll be atleast another 2 years before 32bit is dead in the ground, hopefully MS this time around will only release x64 versions of Windows 9.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming
24. No subject Aug 28, 2014, 02:02 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 18:02:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/245550/
This I know now, but it's not exactly prominent is it? It doesn't have it's own category, it isn't in gaming, it isn't in software. Not under demo's...

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GOG.com Revamped
9. No subject Aug 28, 2014, 01:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 23:08:
Something wrong with Canadian dollars? It's not like we like getting dinged on the exchanged by our CC companies you know.
Look on the bright side, we don't end up paying between 7-18% in taxes on it either. I'll complain about a lack of CAD if our dollar drops down to 0.60:1 again.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. No subject Aug 27, 2014, 16:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 12:58:
The only thing that bugs me about Seagate is just that their warranty period is often short but unfortunately thats just a sign of the times, other drive manufacturers are going the same route.
I don't know of a single manufacture that's not using either 1yr or 3yr for warranties right now, it happened back in '00ish as well. Then the market stabilized again and warranties went back to 3/5yr. It'll most likely happen again, then again considering how bloody cheaply you can get a 2TB drive these days--yeah.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. No subject Aug 27, 2014, 16:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 10:56:
Yeah it was a weird summer, my neighbor called this month Augtober because we had basically no humid days right up to yesterday. My power bill is very low too, I think we only used the AC once when I was cooking for like 5 hours, the rest of the time we just opened the windows. I definitely prefer it this way, I just hope we have a better winter this year. Last winter there was almost no thaw so the accumulation got pretty nuts, I had massive drifts on my lawn and a few inches of ice underneath.

Sounds pretty damned familiar here as well, a lot of people in Canada are calling it the "summer that didn't happen." Around here in Southern Ontario, yesterday was the first day a lot of people flipped on their AC. In Julyish, maybe later June, my sister got 25cm(10") of snow out in Alberta, it stuck around for 2-3 days. It's normally 20C(68F) around then. She's in the northern part of the province, the previous two times they had snow in June/July was back when Pinatubo erupted, and years from 75-79.

But last winter wasn't bad here. Hmm think it was 3-4 years ago we had a really bad winter here, 22' snow fall accumulations in some places in 48hrs because of the lakes. This year though, there was still ice on Lake Huron and Superior.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming
16. No subject Aug 27, 2014, 16:32 Mashiki Amiketo

Hyatus wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 13:19:
How did they beat Steam to the punch?
Steam has movies as well(granted, not DRM-free).

Really? It's actually news to me that steam has movies. And I've been in the beta program for the last 6 years, and this is the first time that I've even heard of it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
12. No subject Aug 26, 2014, 22:45 Mashiki Amiketo

D_K_night wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 21:49:
We're under attack...Battle.net is being DDOS'ed again... :'(
Yep was gonna sit down and enjoy myself, and the script kiddies decided to pee in the pool. Perhaps they should try drowning themselves instead.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. No subject Aug 26, 2014, 19:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 17:00:
I'll be curious to see if the SJW and the gaming websites they control (Kotaku and RPS for starters) publicize this fine initiative, or if they're all just hypocrites.
Hypocrites you can bet on it. They're too busy covering their ass.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3135 Comments. 157 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo