Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2814 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer
8. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 15:12 Mashiki Amiketo

J wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 14:59:
Also pre-ordered. Looking forward to my free Civ V. I can see myself putting a lot of hours into them
I got my free Civ V last night, so you should get yours today or "soon"

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Farming Simulator 2013 Trailer
3. Re: Farming Simulator 2013 Trailer Sep 28, 2012, 13:15 Mashiki Amiketo

ASeven wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 12:27:
I laughed. Then cried. Then laughed some more.
People need a farming simulator...yeah I think I'll join you. We've still got another couple of weeks before we start heading off to friends and families places to help with harvesting corn. *joy...* At least we get free siloshine at the end of the year.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt
78. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 18:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 17:20:

I don't see much damage to the desktop because the mainstream coverage of WP8 is absolutely glowing.
Meh. The reviews from the mainstream press are about as trustworthy as greek bonds.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

67. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 16:53 Mashiki Amiketo

By the way, anyone who's going to get stuck using Win8 like me and wants to have a start menu and likes Start8

promocode time: WK4-MYLR-QLXP-BOOW

I think it's only good for a day or two, but it'll knock 20% off.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Korean Valve Bid?
20. Re: Korean Valve Bid? Sep 27, 2012, 15:36 Mashiki Amiketo

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 13:53:
NCSoft... LOL. They can dream, though!
In other news...

Valve buys NCsoft...hahaha... well it could be funny.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

38. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 27, 2012, 12:36 Mashiki Amiketo

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 12:32:
At home they are qualified to do whatever the hell they want, imo.
Exactly. If they screw something up, well that's fine too. Because it just means some extra cash in your pocket at the end of the day. You do like money don't you? And they learned a valuable lesson about flipping pretty buttons. Hey, everyone in IT learned the same way, oohhh...*shiny* it doesn't hurt to break things on your own. It's how you learn.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Project Eternity Passes $2M; Adds $2.3M Goal
17. Re: Project Eternity Passes $2M; Adds $2.3M Goal Sep 26, 2012, 19:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Bradley wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 18:00:
A game editor for something with this kind of graphical style would be a real challenge. The maps looks seamlessly "hand drawn" as one large image. Trying to match the art style would be far out of scope for most people using the editor. I'd love it if they found a way to pull it off using some kind of drag and drop gallery of preassembled pieces though. Not going to hold my breath though.
Could start bringing back some of the classic folk from the BG/BG2 days, there were a few that did draw hand maps for mods, not many. But it was an earlier era and all that. I was part of a mod team that was heavily involved in building a lich mod for BG2. Whether or not it ever got released after I did my part(core lich spells, rebirth redesign as well as quest components) I have no idea, I was pretty burned out by that point and pretty much cut myself off from the team, especially the fucking whining and mass egotism. Though there was some really cool people especially the sprite artist, man the girl who was doing the sprites for the transformation stuff...she did amazing work.

Well anyway, there's a lot more people out there now and a lot more people who've got time and skill honed over the years. We'll just have to see.

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 19:40:
I have to ask, what have they been doing for the last 2 years since New Vegas DLC?
I'm guessing:
Dungeon Siege 3 and their South Park game, oh and their TBA'd Wheel of Time game.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Project Eternity Passes $2M; Adds $2.3M Goal
6. Re: Project Eternity Passes $2M; Adds $2.3M Goal Sep 26, 2012, 15:22 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 15:16:
It does, but anytime the goal is vastly exceeded and additional goals get tacked on, it can push that back a bit.
I'd almost expect it to be pushed back at this point considering the amount of extra stuff that we're going to see now. Which is perfectly a-okay by me! Though considering how successful this has been as a kickstarter, I wonder how much more in sales it's going to have. And whether we'll see a boom in 2d isometric games.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 26, 2012, 00:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 20:00:
... and things like paying for channels ala carte and real competition are somehow bad for us.
Man you haven't seen anything until you've lived in Canada. $150 would be a steal.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo
20. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo Sep 24, 2012, 14:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Alright that was damn fun. Preordered, and I was worried that it was going to suck. There's some wonkiness to the camera controls being too fast turning. But it's fun, without a doubt, and feels like xcom too.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 23, 2012, 13:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Ehhhhyyyy...
We promise to honors the DNT. Let us show you ads...
*9mo later...*
Fuck you and your DNT, we won't honor it anyway.

And this is part of the reason why people use adblockers. The other part is a pure security issue.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Project Eternity Using Unity
4. Re: Project Eternity Using Unity Sep 22, 2012, 16:13 Mashiki Amiketo

LC wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 16:00:
I really wish them luck but I can't help having doubts. Seems to me like they're promising an awful lot. But hopefully I've just become cynical and jaded and they really do pull it off.
Much easier to pull off a project when you have private backers, and not a publisher breathing down your neck.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam EU Legal Conflict
32. Re: Steam EU Legal Conflict Sep 22, 2012, 12:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Dev wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 12:08:
That would be why in the last year or so they've started popping up the EULA prompt even when you add a game to steam, such as in the case you describe of buying it elsewhere then putting the serial into your account. So, your argument is moot.
I seem to remember something from the SSA thread, that the EULA that was being popped up was the old agreement, not the new one.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam EU Legal Conflict
29. Re: Steam EU Legal Conflict Sep 21, 2012, 19:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 15:01:
I have several friends who've moved to Europe and love it. I'm contemplating it myself. North America is locked into a downward spiral.
Meh. Europe sucks, at least from both of my cousins point of view. One cousin was endlessly harassed and stalked, then finally assaulted in broad daylight by the "unnamed group of minorities of the day who don't want to be offended" while the police ignored it, she's still living in Oslo, and moves every 3-4 weeks as she can. She's stuck in a work contract for another 3 months then getting the hell out of Norway. She can't afford to pay the quit clause. My other cousin lived in Germany, and is now in Switzerland, took her nearly 5 years to get her citizenship there and even now she's considering moving again.

Myself I've been considering Singapore off and on again for a few years. Though Japan will have a booming job market in a few years, the real question is how much of a pain in the ass is it going to be for some people. Singapore is easy, for english speakers though it's already a recognized and official language there, along with 3 others.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 18, 2012, 19:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Windows 9 is what will kill Win7/8. Just like how Win95 killed Win3.1, it's the architecture transition.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > BioWare Founders Retire
1. Re: BioWare Founders Retire Sep 18, 2012, 18:52 Mashiki Amiketo

And this is the death of Bioware as it stands, watch for an exodus of people now to other companies in the next 6mo to 18mo.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dragon Age III Inquisition Announced
72. Re: Dragon Age III Inquisition Announced Sep 18, 2012, 04:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Jivaro wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 19:40:
If there are, I am convinced that none of them actually make decisions or have any input. Given DA2 and SWTOR, it is kinda hard to imagine otherwise.
The guys who post here are dev.team members, while I know they're not part of the DA/TOR team, they are part of BW proper still. So with any luck, maybe, just maybe one of them will pass something along.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
48. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2012, 04:50 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 10:14:
Two weeks with Skyrim out of the top 10.
To be honest, that's a pretty long run for a game though. Damn near a year in the top 10? Gotta be a record.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals
12. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 17, 2012, 23:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 22:32:
Hell, I hope they do another Kickstarter with a second team to create a post apocalyptic title that plays like the original Fallout (I & II). That would be amazing!
Holy shit, take my money! Well if this one is a success, and it's an even larger success once it hits the retail market you can bet they'll give it a go.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Anno 2070 Patch
2. Re: Anno 2070 Patch Sep 17, 2012, 20:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Eh I've got a coupon for 50% off on this, still not sure if I should buy it. Opinions?  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2814 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo