Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3229 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 16:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 15:42:
I didn't see anything I wanted so I decided to fire up my old Star Trek Online account and check out the Christmas specials.

It had 8 gigs of updates. Damn.
Ahaha. Didn't update before the new season was released I take it? The new content is pretty good btw, and if you liked the borg, hints laid out in the new content suggest there's more borg stuff coming in the future so with any luck, it'll be fun. As for the Dyson sphere stuff, I'm damn well enjoying the battleground content.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2013, 16:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Merry Christmas the lot o'ya.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Christmas Eve Legal Briefs
2. Re: Christmas Eve Legal Briefs Dec 24, 2013, 16:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Pigeon wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 15:43:
Their mistake was defrauding Chinese customers. If they had chosen targets in other countries I'm sure the government wouldn't have bothered to investigate.
Nah. China is very good at nailing your ass to the wall, unless you have money and know the right people to bribe. And bribery is how the entire country works. People like to whine and complain that Canada, US and UK are corrupt. Nothing, and I mean nothing has a patch on 3rd world corruption, where a gentle bit of money can make everything go so much better. And it doesn't even have to be in the quiet, as long as everyone gets paid.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 22, 2013, 15:57 Mashiki Amiketo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 14:38:

It is huge in the Asia/Pacific area isn't it? Cafes and what not I assume?
Yeah it's huge in APC, but cafe's aren't what they used to be in terms of driving the numbers. And with it being break time for a lot of universities too, you'll see a huge upswing in the numbers.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 21, 2013, 15:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 13:57:
Foolish protesters. According to people like Verno they deserve to be homeless and live in abject poverty and misery. Yay for social Darwinism! To hell with everyone and everything else!

Bitch, moan, complain. Of course, these people could move elsewhere to find work and become gainfully employed too. Long gone are the days of quit at 8am, find work by 10am. Of course it doesn't help that companies are abusing the visa work programs to bring in cheap labor either.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Dec 20, 2013, 16:59 Mashiki Amiketo

PHJF wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 16:11:
The new Star Wars pack for Pinball FX2 is $2.50. They are supposed to be some really fun tables.
I don't really have any complaints on any of them that's for sure, and for the most part they're fun like most of their tables. Right now my favorite is epic quest and tesla though. I kinda got burned out on the freebie table...heh.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2013, 17:03 Mashiki Amiketo

Heads up for anyone on EVE hiatus for whatever reason, they've got a 9.99 promo going on for the first month.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD Drivers Address Micro Stuttering
7. Re: New AMD Drivers Address Micro Stuttering Dec 19, 2013, 00:56 Mashiki Amiketo

DangerDog wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 18:19:
I almost went with the Red team with my new system, almost.
I did go with the Red Team on my new system, after months of problems with nvidia drivers I had enough. Maybe they'll get their act together in the next generation of cards. And really what burned my ass over the entire thing was blaming the end users for the TDR's, hardlocks, and so on...when it ended up being their 'other driver team' fsking it all up when they moved the lead team to the 700 series optimizations.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Total War: Rome II Campaign & Patch
15. Re: Total War: Rome II Campaign & Patch Dec 18, 2013, 15:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Well got a chance to play last night for a bit, the AI is much more aggressive in building armies, so that could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your POV, still some screwiness with diplomacy and trade agreements, but slapping in the 4turns/yr mod makes for a huge difference in gameplay as well.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

27. Re: Multivitamins waste of money Dec 18, 2013, 14:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 13:08:
I actually take extra vitamin D at the recommendation of my doctor because I work indoors and do not get enough sunlight. It has a perceptible effect on my mood and attitude.

So, should you take them to make you super healthy? No. Should you take them if you aren't getting the right combination of them in your diet? Probably.
Vitamin D3 is a good example of "why vitamins work." Since doctors started telling people here in northern latitude countries to take it in the winter, the number of cases of serious depression and winter suicide were dropping...until the current economic situation started up.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns
17. Re: YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns Dec 18, 2013, 01:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Doesn't that fall under fair use, transformitive works, and all that jazz? What I'm finding messed up in the entire thing is 'tiny portions' say 1% or less of a 30min 'lets play' is enough. If this doesn't highlight exactly how broken the copyright system is, then nothing will.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Total War: Rome II Campaign & Patch
2. Re: Total War: Rome II Campaign & Patch Dec 17, 2013, 23:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 21:36:
So is it still borked or what?
I haven't played since about early november, and it was fine then. Overall I'm happy with it, since I got the exp for nothing I'll post something up tomorrow in this thread if I get a chance to play tonight.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Pinball Arcade Season Three Pack
9. Re: Pinball Arcade Season Three Pack Dec 17, 2013, 08:01 Mashiki Amiketo

killer_roach wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 22:18:

Something still feels off with the physics on the PC version. From my experience, even the Android version plays better.

Then again, Pinball FX2... still not sure how I feel about it, but the PC version does play surprisingly well, even if their table design ranges anywhere from crap to even worse.
The balls are "sticky" which is the problem. But I can live with it so I can get my pinball itch scratched every once and awhile, plus I grabbed nearly all the tables when it was up on humblebundle a few weeks back for $6, so I'm sure the hell not going to complain.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 16, 2013, 18:49 Mashiki Amiketo

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 12:00:
BestBuy online shows in stock here in Canada also, since last week
Most of the stores in Ontario are sold out, same at the walmarts. A buddy of mine who works at the walmart here, said they'd get another supply in this week. But they sold the 280 units they had in the first 2 days.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 16, 2013, 14:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Verno wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 14:18:

He did have major help, just not the conspiracy doodle stuff you're thinking of. He was very successful in using his personality to get others login information through social engineering and to obtain higher clearance levels for himself. The NSA went through an extensive internal review afterward and determined that civilian contractors had almost unfettered access to so much information that they decided to blow up all third party hires and start over.
Bingo. There is someone who's been paying attention to exactly how he got all he got: Social Engineering.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2013, 18:51 Mashiki Amiketo

Kinda wish I'd known about the KS for WL2 earlier, but I missed that rush. Ah well, when it's released finally I'll be happy to plonk down some extra cash for it.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 14, 2013, 11:36 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeah...good plan, such a great plan that people should look up here to Canada where we have 3 major carriers and 1 small carrier. And if anyone thinks it's still a great idea, all they need to do is look at the federal government and in turn industry canada now getting involved to drive down prices due to massive gouging.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
48. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 14:48 Mashiki Amiketo

DangerDog wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 14:31:
I'm more concerned about the negative effects on your vision than motion sickness. Having your eyesight bug out for half an hour after taking them off doesn't sound healthy.
True on that, but the brain is pretty adaptable at things like that. Including reversing your vision, it'll quickly figure out what's wrong and correct it. Even to the point of reorienting the images so it makes sense again. Not so much in those under 18 apparently but adults? No problem. What makes me curious is how well it would work on those of us with brain injuries especially in the occipital lobe. I like the idea, the premise, and all the rest. But things like 3d TV, glasses, and so on don't work properly for me. Either I get blinding headaches, or giant splotches where the image should be but there's nothing.

Sadly, I remember seeing 3D(via polarized glasses) stuff at Disneyland as a kid, and thought it was neat as shit. When I went to Disneyworld last year while I was in FL, I could only see parts of the 3D.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
9. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 10:44 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 10:30:
vb

Well this thing already works great in most sims. Currently the problem is the resolution, or rather the PPi.
That's exactly the same types of problems that existed back in the 90's with VR headsets, and where they worked great including FPS's. A buddy of mine had a headset in '97ish or '98.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2013, 10:42 Mashiki Amiketo

"Fixing Forza 5"
The guy is a master of avoiding questions, he's so good, he might just have been a politician at one point in their career.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3229 Comments. 162 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo