Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3132 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2013, 22:57 Mashiki Amiketo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 20:39:
When I hear this, I want to play TW2002, download gifs of naked women that take 2 minutes to download, and play L.O.R.D.
BRE is where it's at. Dirty TW peasant! Ahh...I do miss L.O.R.D. though, damn...

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2013, 14:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Redmask wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 22:05:
Nope, one is just a parrot.
Right, have you ever sat down and read one of the assessments from front to back? Ever see the 'listed sources' with no actual source evidence available. Ever read the mandate of values. Right. Get back to me when you do, and you discover the magical reality that it's a political body.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
28. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 23:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:38:
After watching the trailer again, it seems to me like they pulled the A team off of WoW to work on whatever they have up their sleeve, and now we have the B team trying hard to keep WoW relevant.
The A team got pulled off just after TBC, and it's been the B team ever since. One of the reasons why TBC is considered the best of the expansions for the game. Expansion wise has been hit or miss for me for the last couple, I think my last serious play was almost 2.5 years ago, and my mage is still stuck in Mt. Hyjal. I simply gave up because of the talents and screw arounds.

I may get this and sub up for a few months to see how it is though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 8, 2013, 14:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Well I haven't dropped anything yet on this, but I may consider $20 or $25. I'm more interested in Squadron 42 myself, especially considering my favorites of all time were WC2 and WC3.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2013, 15:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:17:
Well, because it's all part of a vast left-wing conspiracy. Yes, billions of people around the globe are in on it and not a one has spilled the beans about it yet. Woops! Oh dammit, sorry everyone, conspiracy over, my bad!
A conspiracy? Well perhaps, especially since if you attach whatever you're doing in research to some type of "climate whatever" you can get funding, not doing so means you're left high and dry. Never mind that there's enough errors in the IPCC reports(useful tip: it's a political body, not a scientific one), that you could drown yourself in them. Or that they take out-right fabrications as factual with no basis in reality.

Oddly enough, I heard the screaming that we'd all be doomed by 2005, back in 1989. With pretty much the same word-for-word statements.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Valve: Steam Offline Mode "Designed to be Indefinite"
30. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 2, 2013, 02:25 Mashiki Amiketo

Optional Nickname! wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 23:58:

Yes, the ad hominum attack was warranted, if you don't think so just read the entire Steam TOS.
Well...no it doesn't. See, you just happen to live in a place where a ToS is binding, the rest of the world it doesn't matter. To us, it's not. And following with that, the best option for you is to change the laws to protect consumers like the rest of the world has.

And if you want to see "skimming off developers" go check dlsite.com(some content adult), and get back to me after you see the 55% "skimming."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 1, 2013, 23:06 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 21:17:

That's interesting. I took my game machine offline for the summer, and it lost the login after a month.
Very. It seems to be strongly hit or miss, though I do know there are ini edits you can do to hard-force steam to stay offline no matter what, I didn't use them on the laptop.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

12. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 1, 2013, 21:04 Mashiki Amiketo

wtf_man wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 20:43:
Well... I'll believe it when I see the fix.

In the meantime, having to logon every 30 days or so, still pisses me off.
The laptop that I use while traveling hasn't had steam online since febuary of this year. I still play games and it doesn't scream at me, though it sometimes flakes out with my PC.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed
59. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Nov 1, 2013, 01:04 Mashiki Amiketo

FalconerHG wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 05:10:

I played the game at Gamescom and I have to disagree: it looked very bland.
That's nice, I've been playing it up until the last month since I was invited to the closed alpha. What it was there, wasn't indicative of where it was at in the last 30 days.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released
7. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Nov 1, 2013, 01:02 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 20:22:
Glad they found the time to finish up the DLC. Have they found the time to finish the game yet?
The game was finished awhile ago. And really it comes down to this: If you don't like the idea, or don't want to buy it then don't. Simple as that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed
32. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Oct 29, 2013, 23:01 Mashiki Amiketo

It actually wasn't that bad of a game at all. I was in the C&C alpha, the only real complaint that I had was it seemed far too fast paced for me, which is a shame because it damned well looked pretty, played nice, and I enjoyed every bit of it.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2013, 15:44 Mashiki Amiketo

If you're pretty sure that it's a flaky capacitor just find a local shop, or do the repair yourself. I had a old LG monitor that did the same thing, pulling it apart and finding the bad one was simple. Once that was done, heading down to the local electronics store and buying a replacement cap and soldering it in was all it took.

Pretty much if you know how to use a multimeter, this is a "home repair" item. Though this and this may help.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
48. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 03:09 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 01:27:
Barrett, for example, I was able to get away, go through some vents, hack a garage door open and hack some turrets hidden in a storage locker to be on my side, set them up, and let them handle him.

I also saw a punchable wall in the storage room with the turrets.
Wow that's just awesome...they...fixed it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 17:55 Mashiki Amiketo

Parias wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 11:14:

Take a read through this thread - it sounds like there's some kind of Intel-specific tech this feature is waiting on, and some kind of official update should be coming soon.

Still a strange way to launch this functionality.
Sounds almost like the same tech that RomeII uses for graphics to improve utilization between the CPU and GPU.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > 64-bit Cross-Platform Nitrous Engine Announced
24. Re: 64-bit Cross-Platform Nitrous Engine Announced Oct 24, 2013, 23:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Yakumo wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 19:25:
But with most languages different systems require specific code. The point of these kinds of cross platform engines is to minimize, or even entirely eliminate having to write platform specific code.
They invented unicode handling for things like that, and for the most part it's fully standardized unless you're writing in software from pre-2005.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2013, 22:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 17:22:

I suppose they don't teach them in school anymore. I seem to recall having to learn them starting around grade 3.
Makes you wonder why, they're still in use in the world.

Genesys wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 19:59:
They've gone the way of cursive and how to write with a quill pen. An interesting relic of the past, but probably not worth actually teaching kids.
Cursive is well...still required for a lot of jobs. Faster than print, especially if you need to jot anything down in a log book. And well I didn't learn to write with a quill pen, but I did learn how to write with a fountain pen, and that was 25 years ago when I was a kid. There is something special about the way ink flows and the letters come out when using one.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2013, 15:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Roman numerals, how do they work!?  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Total War: ROME II DLC Free for a Week
2. Re: Total War: ROME II DLC Free for a Week Oct 22, 2013, 23:11 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 21:44:
So basically if we press "install" and it registers to our steam account it's going to be ours for ever? For free? That's mighty nice of them
Yep. Not the first time either, can't remember which DLC it was for shogun2 but owners got one clan pack for zip as well.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
38. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 20, 2013, 23:48 Mashiki Amiketo

Fletch wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 23:24:
The only thing that can remedy his obsession with the black guy in the White House involves a windowless black van, men in white coats, and about 6 months of deprogramming. It's just easier to ignore him.

What a sad existence.
Funny how with the left it always comes down to race. If *insert race* *people oppose idea* automatically *you're racist.*

Odd how many on the right believe that success and failure are based on the person...but that's obviously racist too.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 20, 2013, 23:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 19:41:
I always hear population density given as an excuse as to why the US lags so far behind everyone else. Don't they have farmers and people who live in the boonies in Europe too?
Hell you want population density look at Canada. The difference of course is that 85% of our population all live in, on, or near major routes or cities. I'm actually in a remote rural area right now(doing deployment for a city and county), I *can* get broadband...kinda. 6/1 DSL, but there's no ports. That leaves me with LTE as the only form of broadband...at $69/mo with a 12GB cap, and $10/GB overcharge. Right now though the CAO and I are discussing whether we should simply set the town up as a ISP and offer deployment like that. We have no problems getting T1/T2/T3 lines run into the city hall/provincial building. In fact we just dropped in a second T1, so we have a bonded pair. But getting Telus to increase the number of availble ports? Good fucking luck.

And I haven't even started on the 3 day outage when they cut their own fiber link to the town. The fun thing with that is, it killed everything in the city. No banking, no bank machine, no POS sales by debit/credit, no phone service, no 911 nothing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3132 Comments. 157 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo