Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3268 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
15. No subject Oct 22, 2014, 17:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 11:14:
Many are claiming Sam Biddle's comments were sarcastic and taken out of context. Well, if true, that's why you don't make unclear, context-free comments with only 144 characters. It's the same weak excuse that jackass made after threatening Steam.
Out of curiosity, how can a pro-bullying comment be taken out of context? That's literally what he said, "bring back bullying" "nerds need to be attacked." And it's not the first time either he's said something like that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
27. No subject Oct 21, 2014, 20:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 10:09:
Generally speaking, if I am in the market for buying computer parts, I'll check out directcanada.ca for flat, solid shipping costs with very competitive prices, often cheaper than other e-tailers such as Newegg and NCIX. Speaking of NCIX, I used to praise them like a Bible thumper did the bible until they decided I no longer live on a heavily trafficked area and have to pay almost twice as much for ground shipping.
Check Canadacomputers out, they have flat rate shipping if it weighs more than 150lbs for your order. And if it's under 30lbs it's also flat rate(or was), but they ship through Purolator w/required signatures.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Play Civilization V Free This Week
12. No subject Oct 21, 2014, 02:34 Mashiki Amiketo

walrus1 wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 20:07:
I've played the demo a couple times but it never really grabbed my interest. The gameplay just felt less fluid than IV's. Would playing it more help?
Not really, I own it plus all the dlc and expansion materials. I simply can't get hooked on it like I did with Civ4, something just "feels off" about the gameplay.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
37. No subject Oct 19, 2014, 19:54 Mashiki Amiketo

NewMaxx wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 19:48:
Not atypical in the psychology of a person like this. It's especially common in the entertainment business and among women, who consistently keep themselves relevant. Don't get me wrong, men do it too (equally as much, actually), it's just that the audience (average American) tends to focus more on the women (and thus it is more effective). In any case it is a symptom of fame and how it either emphasizes a person's personality or creates new flaws within it.

You're quite right actually.

Also for anyone who wants to read Pro-GG doxxed by 16 year old girl and confronted the main question is: Why did a 16 year old girl believe that doxxing someone made her a good feminist, who put this idea into her head, and who pushed her towards it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
34. No subject Oct 19, 2014, 19:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Redmask wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 18:28:
Amusing ego, last time I checked she wasn't a game maker and isn't in a position to really do anything meaningful other than inflame a situation that would have died out already after Quinn stopped trending.
What's funny is every time GG ignores her, she comes back trying to re-inject herself doing something that screams "LOOK AT ME!!!!!" And she gets ignored again, and comes back with something else. Oh and if she "wanted to fix this" she'd be the first one lining up and going after reviewers. But she's happy with their brand of reviews. You know like Polygons review of bayonetta 2...full of her particular type of moral crusade.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expands
26. No subject Oct 19, 2014, 07:54 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 22:56:

Firing Arcs, you know that thing that's been on EVERY single Trek game with Starship combat going back as far as TNG A Final Unity, and continued with Starfleet Command series, Starfleet Academy/Klingon Academy, Armada 1 and 2, Dominion Wars, Bridge Commander and Star Trek Online.

But hell that's only 20 years of Trek games, wtf do I know
This. So much this. I wish they'd make another KA/SFA game.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
129. No subject Oct 18, 2014, 07:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 20:13:

Julio was proud because a game journalist was taken down.
Except he wasn't a game journalist.

Please reread the conversation you entered into because you're quoting it but not at all getting what was being said.
That's great, except it has nothing to do with what I was talking about now was it.

Speaking of which, remember [url=http://i.imgur.com/QpBgJGQ.jpg?1"it was all a joke, and max read supported the comments."[/url]

By the by, apparently Polygon is now on an ad-aggregator, which means that their dedicated ad placements are not being renewed. It means that advertisers know that their brand is toxic to those that they're aimed at.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
117. No subject Oct 17, 2014, 19:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 19:33:
None of this has anything to do with anything we were discussing.
Thanks for trying. Everyone agrees Sam Biddle is a moron. Everyone thinks the people favoriting it were idiots. Only you are getting angry at people saying he isn't a games journalist.
Actually it has plenty to do with what we're discussing. He is a journalist, he is a member of gawker. No one is disputing that. What you're failing to catch is that other "game journalists" retweeted it, and marked it as a favorite. Not rocket surgery. Yep they are idiots for doing so, but this reflects directly on them now. That means there's at least 5 other major sites where people also believe that this is acceptable.

Strange, but I don't seem to be angry at anything. Actually I just had a great breakfast for supper. AKA french toast, and am in quite a good mood.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
115. No subject Oct 17, 2014, 19:25 Mashiki Amiketo

UHD wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 18:35:
It means they agreed with it. It doesn't mean Sam Biddle is a gaming journalist. You can agree with someone without being a part of their clique. The world is not that black and white.
So you're telling me that said "journalists" agree that bullying is a good thing? You're also telling me that in "anti-bullying month" we have this swath of journalists who don't have the optics to see why this is bad. And you're also telling me that these are the people support what many kids in school suffered through and want to do it again.

You know what this seems like? The bullies simply grew up, and got jobs as "social advocates" and "journalists" because the only thing they know how to do is bully people. Well taking a page out of their book, this means that the entire anti-gg segment supports bullying.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
110. No subject Oct 17, 2014, 18:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 17:41:

Sam Biddle is a moron, but he's a moron that has absolutely nothing to do with games or gamers. He deserves to be endlessly bashed for saying dumb things, but Julio is being a jackass if he thinks that Sam Biddle writes for a game site. He does not. He writes for a gossip site.
Oh? I guess that's why when you look at the tweets, you see all of those "game journalists" retweeting it and favoriting the pro-bullying message right?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
107. No subject Oct 17, 2014, 17:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 16:37:
That douche isn't from a gaming site and Mercedes didn't pull it from a gaming site. He's from a "silicon valley gossip" site.
As I keep pointing out, game sites have been quiet since the "gamers are dead" articles and that was about 8 weeks ago.
Actually he is, so is the EIC. The gawker brand includes gaming on a variety of their satellite sites.

edit: Oh and that o.canada article you linked? That doesn't even come close to journalism, it doesn't even come close to opinion. An opinion article would have substantive facts, it has subjective opinion. You know what we call that? Propaganda.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2014, 17:39.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
60. No subject Oct 16, 2014, 21:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Acleacius wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 19:20:
I'm calling bullshit, completely disingenuous for you 3 guys to say "you would give a talk/speech/discussion" with armed participants. Hahaha_no

Especially without mentioning the part about she is under real and present danger from rape and death threats. Threats the police and FBI have deemed valid enough for her to be forced to leave her home.
When I was a teenager, I had someone stalk me. I learned then not to give into the fear of "what if" otherwise it would rule me. People who make threats or stalk do it for one of two reasons, to shut you up, or to make you live in fear.

Oh and she left on her own, not because someone told her to.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
47. No subject Oct 16, 2014, 18:43 Mashiki Amiketo

UHD wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 18:21:
It's actually not true that there was no threat just because the one threat was investigated and determined to be otherwise. There very well could have been a threat, because again, if you're going to conceal a weapon with intent to use it you're not going to broadcast that to the police.

The difference between credible threat means that it was investigated and a person was found with a high chance that they were going to commit some criminal act. A non-credible threat means that it was investigated and there was no chance that the act was going to happen. You seemed to have missed that. And actually many people who "have a weapon and plan to commit it" do broadcast it in some form. That's how most of them are caught, the same way that people are caught for other criminal acts.

Redmask wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 18:15:
Out of curiosity, how many women are actually present here to discuss and debate this?
Probably not many, there are plenty in /r/kotakuinaction though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
43. No subject Oct 16, 2014, 18:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 17:15:
Those were probably speakers that sold tickets they'd need refunds for and that had teams working with them. From what I understand, Anita was asked to be at the school and flew down. The only organizers were the school, not her.

At this point, I'm not even certain what you're trying to prove here. If she had rescheduled, what of it? You'd still be all pissy about whatever she said.
And you don't think a major university can't pull strings on the last minute and shift the venue? Strange, it worked fairly well at Waterloo when I was there.

What am I trying to prove? That there are always options, and she opted to "not show up." Even though there was no threat. Besides, making off-hand and useless statements like "you'd still be all pissy" doesn't add anything. If anything, you're making assumptions based on your preconceived bias.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
33. No subject Oct 16, 2014, 17:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 17:07:
Because it was last minute and finding something like that and organizing it is nearly impossible?
Oh please. If last minute means "several days" then you've got a serious problem. I've seen speakers shift from one venue to another in a 12 hour period. The crowds were 500-2500 people.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
31. No subject Oct 16, 2014, 17:05 Mashiki Amiketo

UHD wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:43:

I have a really hard time finding fault with her decision. She could have waited for the official investigation, but I guess she felt the CCW law was more serious, because if you're going to conceal a weapon with intent to use it that day you're not going to warn the police beforehand.
So then, why didn't she move the venue to a private hall, theater or something else? She refused to do that, remember public place = CCW in force. But private buildings can restrict that. So now you have the answer, she simply didn't want to.

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:48:
Question: would anyone frequenting these threads want to go somewhere and give a discussion about gender and games in front of an armed audience?
Why wouldn't you? Or do you think that the guns are going to jump up and start attacking people. Or don't you know that going by even crime stats that legal ccw holders for the most part don't engage in this type of crime. And those that do, are normally mentally unstable and usually on some type of SSRI.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
26. No subject Oct 16, 2014, 16:31 Mashiki Amiketo

UHD wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:25:
So if you were in charge of campus security, and you received a threat that someone was going to start shooting up your school during someone's presentation, what would you do?
Have it investigated, which was done. By the FBI no less, who declared it a non-credible threat and tell them to carry on. Remember she cancelled because of the CCW policy, not because of anything else.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
24. No subject Oct 16, 2014, 16:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Loopy wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:08:
THAT is the "gamers are dead" that got people so offended?! What in Jesus and Mohammed is so wrong with that?!!!!
No it wasn't "that article" it was 15 articles all in a 24hr period containing 35-45% of the same content.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
20. No subject Oct 16, 2014, 15:55 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 14:59:

Uh, did you read that? Nowhere does it say it was a hoax. And Anita said from the start that she canceled it due to concerns about the University security.

edit - I mean, there were real threats. There was no intention to act on them, but ASeven makes it out to seem like Anita made them herself, not that some nutjob called them in.
Right, that's why it said it was a non-credible threat. That's the equivalent of a hoax. She canceled it because of utah's CCW laws end of story. But ASeven never said that she made them up herself, who's making stuff up now?

By the way, anyone catch this? Here's a writer for gawker, saying that gamers should be bullied again. How "progressive of them."

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2014, 16:00.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. No subject Oct 16, 2014, 02:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Don't worry there beamer, after all we already know that only #gamergate is issuing threats. That's why boogie2988 is receiving death threats and a pro-gg person was told by police to leave their home. Going by the anti-GG logic, they're fully responsible for not controlling the elements of their movement.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3268 Comments. 164 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo