Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3295 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston TM a Hoax
21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2014, 09:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Pigeon wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 09:04:
Hopefully New Vegas taught them a few things about difficulty scaling as well. While being some demigod in F3 was fun in its own way, NV did a much better job of making you feel vulnerable.

Well they did learn a few things apparently with Skyrim. The difficulty scaling was much better in that game then Oblivion or Morrowind that's for sure. Still I have much more faith in Obsidian "getting it right" on game and difficulty design then I do with Bethesda getting it right.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2014, 06:46 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 05:35:

Bethesda's Fallout3 had mediocre writing at best. New Vegas improved on that a whole shitload, but its unrealistic to expect them to deliver something on par with Fallout2's phenomenal dialogue.
That would be because New Vegas was done by mainly the same people that did Fallout and Fallout 2, so no big shock that they did exactly that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2014, 04:04 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 02:21:
Kind of relieved. Why does it have to be set in one of the US cities? Couldnt they up the ante a little bit? Maybe let our hero travel to some more varied locations, you know like in Fallout2.

They hinted at "'Ronto" aka Toronto in The Pitt DLC. So who knows, there's lots of places that they could do.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2014, 22:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Rattlehead wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 22:10:
No surprise. Anyone who believed this is an idiot.

Fallout 5 isn't happening.
Fallout 4 is though, there's enough information floating around showing that it's in production.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.4M
13. No subject Nov 5, 2014, 03:34 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 02:18:
WoW is basically MMO light, but heavy on the digital crack content that power care-bears are so into. Kudos to the behavioral scientists at Blizzard for getting the digital crack forumla so tight.
Well be honest now. Skinner got it right, Blizz refined it. If it hadn't been so dumbed down by the time Cata came out, I'd still be playing. If they could recapture that feeling from TBC, I'd be back in a heartbeat. I don't regret the time I played at all, I made friends all over the place. I've met them when I've traveled, and I still chat with them via email, and IRC.

For someone like me who is extremely anti-social, and dislikes crowds it made a difference in my life.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
21. No subject Nov 4, 2014, 05:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 12:42:
Nah, I don't pirate stuff. I've thought about GMG, but did they send you the key right away? I'm worried that if I get it through GMG, they'll send the key on the day of release, which puts me in the same boat of having to wait five days for the thing to finish downloading.
All comes down to their release agreement date. Generally it's 1-3 days before hand sometimes, it's the same day or right on the hour of release.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
17. No subject Nov 1, 2014, 01:07 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 22:44:

This is great because it means we can move on to the journalism issues. Anti-GG is effectively withdrawing from the battle, which lets us get back to business. All the people who said "You need a new hashtag blah blah blah" were so fucking wrong. GG simply had to wait for the Anti-GG folks to take their ball and go home.

Yep that right there. What's funny, and I was going to post this earlier. Is they've launched like 8 different hastags they've all failed. Their most successful was stopgamergate2014 and all it did was give gamergate a positive boost.

These are of course exactly the same people, literally the people that the anti-gg crowd clustered around saying "we want a dialog" and when offered one, by someone who's neutral they're running away.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
15. No subject Oct 31, 2014, 22:29 Mashiki Amiketo

1badmf wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 20:17:
ok is it just me or has this whole debate devolved squarely into firstworldproblems nonsense? i'm all for journalistic integrity, but it's pretty clear the trolls have won (on both sides) and it's only about bickering now.
No it hasn't devolved into FWP's, that's one of the tactics that sjw's are trying to pull. People are still going after the sites, in fact vox(I think) ran a hit piece today decrying that we're going after their advertisers. If anything that shows they're running scared, since gawker is the "big noise machine" in the whole realm of shitty-non-journalism clickbait.

Something I found funny, the anti-gg's are now refusing to go on david pakman's show when they realized he isn't pulling any softball questions with anyone. Facts are delicious.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
12. No subject Oct 31, 2014, 17:15 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 14:50:

You really don't believe both sides are doing it?
That's part of the problem. How many Gamergaters refuse to admit there's been any kind of idiocy or wrong-doing on the part of gamergate?

Change the damn name already.

Really? So where's the proof. In fact I can travel to any of the chans where people are talking about this and at any point someone tries to even bring up some shit about it, they're shouted down and the thread is shitted into oblivion.

Going by your logic, the entire anti-GG movement is tainted by the actions of the reporters calling for bullying, and wanting to "play pinata with gamers corpse."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
4. No subject Oct 31, 2014, 12:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 11:35:
That's disappointing.
Both sides need to stop doing this. Throw this idiot out. Throw Adam Baldwin, Milo, Christine Hoff Sommers, and all the feminism-haters out. Throw anyone that's either never discussed video games or only discussed from the exact agenda they're taking on Gamergate out. Too many only discussing this thing because they care about something other than games, on both sides.

Except both sides aren't doing it. Baldwin hasn't been doing anything except making comments on his own. Milo is reporting on events that are newsworthy. Sommers is making statements based on her experience as a feminist in the traditional sense, not a 3rd wave authoritarian feminist.

And yet the anti-side is the one that keeps bringing up the studies, making it about various individuals who have no actual claim on the issue and so on. What's pathetic is that this is a play right out of the old marxist playbook, that being "relegating those you find against your ideology to 'mentally unsound.'" Yeah, people have seen this shit before.

Oh and then there these assholes. That's an editor of Mother Jones.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2014, 12:32.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc., etc.
21. No subject Oct 31, 2014, 02:21 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 01:38:
Will you people stop responding to that worm? Pretty please? Has he ever done anything except be an enormous douchebag and asshole who seemingly crawled out of the ground just for Gamergate? No. So why dignify anything he says with a response? Let's get back on topic.
Well I occasionally like grinding trolls faces into the mud. Speaking of mud, and "people feeling left out." LindaK explains why the gaming media's embracing of AS makes her like she's back in highschool and the "who's in" crowd.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc., etc.
19. No subject Oct 31, 2014, 01:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 01:26:
If you want to ignore how Gamergate is actually being perceived outside of your subreddits and your multiple-of-4-chans, that's up to you. But you're not gonna get anywhere.
Strange, for something that's "going no where" It sure has done a lot.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
33. No subject Oct 28, 2014, 01:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Shit I've lost track of the number of mice, joysticks and gamepads I wore out playing all of those games back in the old "midi port" days. Lot of money back then for a early highschool student to be burning through. Especially when the economy at the time was in recession and no one was hiring.

Glad I had an understanding father, who was a gamer as well and got me started via vic20.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
33. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 23:17 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 21:58:
What I'm not finding, however, are very many posts about how much these people hate women. I'm not finding any posts where women are being doxxed. I'm not finding any coordinated campaigns of harassment. As far as I can tell, your assessment of the subreddit as some kind of den of misogyny and hate is unfounded.
Folks have been saying that from the start, many actually think that because gamergate is hitting clickbaiters where it hurts, the other sites like newsweek are circling the wagons in order to protect themselves. The NYTimes piece follows a similar vein.

edit: And just when you think Mcintosh can't go any further then 100%, he shows he can hit 110%.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2014, 02:23.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
28. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 21:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 21:05:
As I linked to yesterday, the word count on that forum had over 2000 hits for "feminist" and not even 600 for "ethics."

Not about ethics.

According to that logic: gamergazi is about harassment, since that's their main word count. I guess the anti-side is pro-harassment.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
24. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 19:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 19:56:
I'm sure they'll tell you that it's not harassment and it was justified. The funniest part to me was that at the top of the screenshot it says they're looking for moderators. Guess it's hard to keep up with banning everyone who is pro-GG.

What's sad is various subreddits(gamerghazi, bluepill, srs, feminism) like that are nothing but echo chambers. If you go against the grain, it is indeed harassment, make statements that are contrary to their particular point of view, it's harassment.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
22. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 19:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 19:40:
That mainstream media choose to connect gamers with the worst possible societal problems is nothing new. For years they've attempted to link playing games with school shootings. With people who don't find meaningful employment. Now with misogyny, and death threats.
Don't forget the 80's where the media was trying to link D&D to "devil worship" and "everything evil in society." Or as you said in the late 80's to today where they have tried to link gamers to sociopaths. Yeah, 20+ years of harassment from people like AS and the media at large and people wonder why gamers have finally had enough...not rocket surgery.

Oh and this is what happens when someone tries to open a dialog with the other side. Pretty sure that this is "harassment" from their end now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
20. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 19:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Wolfox wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 17:28:
After reading it, I'd say he's still very much neutral. He's one of the very few voices asking for (and trying to establish) dialog instead of reinforcing one-sided agression and harassment from one of the sides (or both).

Hardly. There's been plenty of attempts to "estabilish a dialog" the anti-gg side has refused, the gaming media simply attacks. As for harassment, there's plenty of evidence that it's either trolls(such as lulz or gnaa), or anti-gg supporters themselves. See pro-bullying comments, and trying to file false police reports and so on.

Using newsweeks own data, it shows that gamergate is gender neutral and pro-equality funny how statistics when not cherry picked, show something different isn't it?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
11. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 14:12 Mashiki Amiketo

ASeven wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 12:25:
TotalBiscuit writes a very eloquent blog post on GG.
You know what's funny about this, is that TB was very neutral when this all started. Right up until the anti-gg side decided to attack him for being so.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
5. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 12:07 Mashiki Amiketo

DV wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 11:50:
Julio, not sure if anyone is doing it but people might want to submit the positive GG links to Blue.
People are, blue's posted 3 or 4 stories that I've sent in.

Oh and the Kluwe story, that's the type of jackass you're dealing with. Oh and if you want a chuckle, read this one from adland, where they explain that gawker is toxic to ad partners. Which probably explains why they're fleeing them in droves. Note all the anti-gg articles have a similarity? They're either written by people from gawker, friends of people who were/worked with individuals from gawker or are surviving on the same business model. Oh and the writer of the newsweek article? That's him, calling to dox a 13 year old.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2014, 12:15.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3295 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo