Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3210 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. No subject Oct 1, 2014, 15:52 Mashiki Amiketo

"Ad firms struggle" huh? Yeah well if you didn't let anyone with money throw ads into your network then you wouldn't have to worry about it now would you? And that's why people use adblock.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2014, 15:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 15:22:
There is no professional requirement for a credentialed journalist to have a degree in journalism. This should be pretty common knowledge to anyone past the age of 14.

Sure there's no professional requirement, good luck getting hired on at any publication without one though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Drivers
6. No subject Sep 30, 2014, 12:31 Mashiki Amiketo

John wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 08:37:
Just throw in a nVidia card and you'll be good to go! Better than using it as a footrest.
Sure and then you can experience, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, TDR, TDR, TDR, TDR. My last experience with nvidia left an exceptionally sour taste in my mouth, especially when they decided to start blaming customers for the crashes when it turned out to be their fault because they'd cranked the voltage levels so low to keep the cards cool it would cause them to crash.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. No subject Sep 29, 2014, 14:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Frags4Fun wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 13:35:
How did you manage to get it for $15? Was it an upgrade or full install?
It was probably the upgrade from vista/7 program. That's how I got mine, but there was also another promo that MS was running for the pro version that was also $15. Anyway for anyone interested G2A does have copies of Win8 pro for ~15 right now via the marketplace. Regardless of whether or not it was the upgrade or not it's trivial to activate it from a clean install.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. No subject Sep 29, 2014, 07:58 Mashiki Amiketo

harlock wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 23:36:
thinking of 2 snipers, 2 energy... still wondering if there are highpowered melee weapons so those skills are useful past the early game

Yep, there are some high powered melee weapons. Ran across a bladed melee that had 37-62 damage. And some weapons like the neutron blaster are absolutely essential against bots and low/no armor baddies. My current team is 1 sniper(w/pistols for close in just in case), 1 energy(w/shotguns), 1 pistol, 2 assault(1 pistol/melee blunt), 1 heavy(w/unarmed or whatever it's called). Chewing up everyone and spitting them out.

Also some stuff for people: Hardass, or Kickass is required in some cases to get a good outcome. Demolition, alarms, locks, tumbler, and science skills too. Having a couple of people with very high int to crank out the bonus points lets you maximize them. Surgeon must-have and first aid as well. Animal friend can help you with some of the more annoying quests too anything other then that it's up to you.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. No subject Sep 28, 2014, 17:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Cpmartins wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 15:35:
Having a blast with Wasteland 2, baring a few bugs. What an incredibly fun RPG. A true successor to the original, one of the very first games I have ever played. Can't recommend enough.

WL2 is an excellent game, sadly there's been a couple of times where I should have picked skills more carefully for some characters.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2014, 15:05 Mashiki Amiketo

$0.38 to make, sells for $20. Sounds about right.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. No subject Sep 28, 2014, 15:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Valve Complete pack huh? Does this mean the legend could be true? Is there a 3 hidden in our dark future?  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2014, 19:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Sepharo wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 16:02:
I had to turn the air back on because I likes it cold.
Head out to western canada. You can have temps in the 80's and 90's on monday and have 10" of snow on Wednesday. Happened to my sister a few weeks ago. It was 33C on Monday, on Wednesday she had 10" of snow and the temprature was -8C(17f) that was late August. I hear edmonton and a few other areas got around 2-3" though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2014, 14:55 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeah...it's almost like summer outside, when we didn't really have a summer.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Interviews
51. No subject Sep 26, 2014, 09:00 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 22:27:
The guy I responded to in the quote you singled me out on said it was about reviews.

So you're changing goalposts. Nice.
No I'm not changing goal posts. It was people who jumped the gun and believe it was reviews--this is what happens when people don't research something. It was always about what I said, you don't want to believe that fine.

Then again, I *could* change the goal posts and be perfectly okay with it. After all the anti-gg side, has been doing nothing but that, right.

NKD wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 06:23:
No one even knows what they are arguing about or for anymore. Even here on Blue's trying to follow the conversation is nigh impossible. Are we arguing about sexism? Is it about de-facto censorship? Is it journalistic integrity? Is it global warming? Are CEOs paid too much? Coke vs. Pepsi?

This shit is more fractured and meaningless than Occupy Wall Street. Just another generic excuse for people to voice their favorite tangentially gaming-related gripe and rabble rabble rabble.

Face it, this issue is so muddied that no productive conversation can come out of it. None. It's been tainted, soiled, and ruined by everyone who wants to co-opt the conversation for their own agenda.
Considering occupy was gutted from within by sjw's, and GG is refusing to let them control the narrative perhaps you're just reading into it far too much.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Trailer
7. No subject Sep 25, 2014, 22:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Is it february yet?  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

36. No subject Sep 25, 2014, 22:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 18:21:
Jesus, man. To quote Axis, "wrong."

Note the part where "to help sell that game."
Not a single person that reviewed Depression Quest is alleged to have slept with Zoe Quinn.

Or do you think it's just unconscionable that reviewers have sex with people that also make games, even if they never, ever review the games the people they have sex with make? Because there are hundreds of thousands of people that make games, and some of them have relations with people that cover games. It's true in every industry.
Wrong? Hardly. See, you're still stuck on "reviewed" which was never the issue. Rather it was "mention in the context of other titles, mainly at the start of an article." Or do you keep forgetting that?

Do you realize that in the world of real media that reviewers and sources don't bang each other. Or when they're "too close to a source" that they recuse themselves in it. You realize that doing anything like this in any other industry would be grounds for disciplinary action or outright dismissal.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

23. No subject Sep 25, 2014, 18:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 16:46:

Can you direct me to a review written by someone Zoe Quinn slept with?
Still having problems reading huh? Note the part where "people who were writing reviews" not "banged them for reviews." Let's not forget that she was a literal nobody until she got mentioned by said individuals. Of course there are several other people who were sleeping with people they were writing about as well. But I'm sure none of that matters either.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
2. No subject Sep 24, 2014, 09:37 Mashiki Amiketo

"RPG's are dead." rite guys?  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
35. No subject Sep 23, 2014, 19:00 Mashiki Amiketo

Quinn wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 06:34:
Just do it, before they run out of stock! :-O
Digital games run out of stock?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
38. No subject Sep 23, 2014, 18:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 18:42:

But I do agree that traditional MMOs (ie, WoW) aren't going to make it anymore. Likely the only reason TOR is doing so well is because it's Star Wars. Without that IP it'd probably have died mere months after release.
The only reason why traditional mmo's aren't going to make it anymore is because the market is over saturated right now. Way-way-way too many mmo's, because WoW was such a huge success and everyone and their grandma tried jumping on the cash train. Give it a few years with no new releases, and the market to re-stabilize and we'll be back to the monthly sub mmo's that are higher quality and less dumbed down. As something else, they also noticed they made money hand over fist with D3 and the first expansion. Meaning "single player isn't dead" despite all the brain dead marketers trying to tell people that it is.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. No subject Sep 23, 2014, 07:15 Mashiki Amiketo

Remember this is what #gamergate is fighting against. Though this is just funny.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
14. No subject Sep 22, 2014, 21:52 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 20:23:
Now with 100% more blue!

More blue is always good. I believe they're taking tips from the master on this.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
32. No subject Sep 22, 2014, 21:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Okay, that's *almost* enough to make me want to pre-order it.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3210 Comments. 161 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo