Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3099 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com
3. Re: Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com Nov 21, 2013, 10:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Pretty damn steep at $5.99 for each game considering how old they are. Though $2.99 is reasonable.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins
15. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 14:25 Mashiki Amiketo

Whine, bitch, complain: There's no innovation in the industry!!!elevetyone1111!
Whine, bitch, moan, complain: They tried to do something different.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2013, 14:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 11:01:

When it comes to discussions about non-white-cismales around here, all of the above tends to come out. It isn't worth getting into, for the most part, because some people have their minds made up that men are superior and just better at things like running companies, writing code, and playing video games, even though women are now outscoring men significantly in math and science, and totally ignoring any kind of societal issues that make this more true than biological ones.

Don't get used to what we've got, guys. In 20 years, when all the female math and science majors are becoming executives, this dominance in these areas will start rapidly withdrawing.
Yeah that's nice, except when you live in a politically correct universe and see the hand holding that goes on for the "under privileged" and all that. My sister used to joke that being female with a disability would get her anything she wanted. Until she got hired by the federal government, and it's exactly that. She's not even closely held to the standard that white males are held to. Hell, even I'm not held to the same standards. Some people expect more, others far less because I'm a minority.

But don't forget either that in those "math and science" courses that hand holding continues. I've seen it myself, and I was back in college not even 4 years ago. It's gotten far worse, never before in my life have I seen so many "second, third, and fourth" chances along with "helpful tips" that were selectively given out, or *insert group only* to help.

In the end, I have no problem if someone rises up based on merit. But right now in society, we've got a whole pile of people who've risen up, and are rising up based on gender, sexual orientation, and *insert minority group.*

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
95. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 15:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Harlequin wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 17:25:
"dozens of hours" of gameplay? ok then... I am going to back away real slow.. tell tale sign of a half arsed, amateur or/and incomplete game.
I have to ask, did you bitch and moan about Skyrim? After all the main quest is only about 10 hours long. Never mind that I put in just under 180 hours on my first playthrough before I started it. Nice thing about sandbox games, nothing forces you to do more or less than you want.

Sadly it's going to be until the 27th that I get a chance to play. Feking internet is 15GB capped, and I just blew most of it downloading the update for Xcom. But, I finally, finally get DSL out here after trying for a month. Wee!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year
13. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year Nov 11, 2013, 23:36 Mashiki Amiketo

Prez wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 23:12:
Most of all I would like an easy mode that is actually "easy". I might have slowed down or lost a step when it comes to gaming but even so I am a seasoned enough gamer I think that I should not find "easy" mode to be punishingly difficult (or maybe I just suck that much). Other than that this game is brilliant.
Easy in the game means more scrap for upgrades, that's it. You've still got to be smart and budget out upgrades properly. It does make the game far easier, especially with the "extra scrap arm" or whatever it's called.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix
15. Re: Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix Nov 11, 2013, 01:46 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 00:13:

The cycle resets with new CEO's... so it will be bad again with Windows 9
I genuinely expect issues, but not from the new CEO stuff, but from the fact that the x32 codebase is being fully dumped. I'll guess it'll be close to the transition phase from 16bit.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2013, 13:51 Mashiki Amiketo

1badmf wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 13:03:
possibly the strongest storm in history.
Recorded history, which depending maybe anywhere between 30 and 80 years.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2013, 22:57 Mashiki Amiketo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 20:39:
When I hear this, I want to play TW2002, download gifs of naked women that take 2 minutes to download, and play L.O.R.D.
BRE is where it's at. Dirty TW peasant! Ahh...I do miss L.O.R.D. though, damn...

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

38. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2013, 14:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Redmask wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 22:05:
Nope, one is just a parrot.
Right, have you ever sat down and read one of the assessments from front to back? Ever see the 'listed sources' with no actual source evidence available. Ever read the mandate of values. Right. Get back to me when you do, and you discover the magical reality that it's a political body.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
28. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 23:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:38:
After watching the trailer again, it seems to me like they pulled the A team off of WoW to work on whatever they have up their sleeve, and now we have the B team trying hard to keep WoW relevant.
The A team got pulled off just after TBC, and it's been the B team ever since. One of the reasons why TBC is considered the best of the expansions for the game. Expansion wise has been hit or miss for me for the last couple, I think my last serious play was almost 2.5 years ago, and my mage is still stuck in Mt. Hyjal. I simply gave up because of the talents and screw arounds.

I may get this and sub up for a few months to see how it is though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 8, 2013, 14:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Well I haven't dropped anything yet on this, but I may consider $20 or $25. I'm more interested in Squadron 42 myself, especially considering my favorites of all time were WC2 and WC3.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2013, 15:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:17:
Well, because it's all part of a vast left-wing conspiracy. Yes, billions of people around the globe are in on it and not a one has spilled the beans about it yet. Woops! Oh dammit, sorry everyone, conspiracy over, my bad!
A conspiracy? Well perhaps, especially since if you attach whatever you're doing in research to some type of "climate whatever" you can get funding, not doing so means you're left high and dry. Never mind that there's enough errors in the IPCC reports(useful tip: it's a political body, not a scientific one), that you could drown yourself in them. Or that they take out-right fabrications as factual with no basis in reality.

Oddly enough, I heard the screaming that we'd all be doomed by 2005, back in 1989. With pretty much the same word-for-word statements.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Valve: Steam Offline Mode "Designed to be Indefinite"
30. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 2, 2013, 02:25 Mashiki Amiketo

Optional Nickname! wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 23:58:

Yes, the ad hominum attack was warranted, if you don't think so just read the entire Steam TOS.
Well...no it doesn't. See, you just happen to live in a place where a ToS is binding, the rest of the world it doesn't matter. To us, it's not. And following with that, the best option for you is to change the laws to protect consumers like the rest of the world has.

And if you want to see "skimming off developers" go check dlsite.com(some content adult), and get back to me after you see the 55% "skimming."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 1, 2013, 23:06 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 21:17:

That's interesting. I took my game machine offline for the summer, and it lost the login after a month.
Very. It seems to be strongly hit or miss, though I do know there are ini edits you can do to hard-force steam to stay offline no matter what, I didn't use them on the laptop.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

12. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 1, 2013, 21:04 Mashiki Amiketo

wtf_man wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 20:43:
Well... I'll believe it when I see the fix.

In the meantime, having to logon every 30 days or so, still pisses me off.
The laptop that I use while traveling hasn't had steam online since febuary of this year. I still play games and it doesn't scream at me, though it sometimes flakes out with my PC.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed
59. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Nov 1, 2013, 01:04 Mashiki Amiketo

FalconerHG wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 05:10:

I played the game at Gamescom and I have to disagree: it looked very bland.
That's nice, I've been playing it up until the last month since I was invited to the closed alpha. What it was there, wasn't indicative of where it was at in the last 30 days.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released
7. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Nov 1, 2013, 01:02 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 20:22:
Glad they found the time to finish up the DLC. Have they found the time to finish the game yet?
The game was finished awhile ago. And really it comes down to this: If you don't like the idea, or don't want to buy it then don't. Simple as that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed
32. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Oct 29, 2013, 23:01 Mashiki Amiketo

It actually wasn't that bad of a game at all. I was in the C&C alpha, the only real complaint that I had was it seemed far too fast paced for me, which is a shame because it damned well looked pretty, played nice, and I enjoyed every bit of it.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2013, 15:44 Mashiki Amiketo

If you're pretty sure that it's a flaky capacitor just find a local shop, or do the repair yourself. I had a old LG monitor that did the same thing, pulling it apart and finding the bad one was simple. Once that was done, heading down to the local electronics store and buying a replacement cap and soldering it in was all it took.

Pretty much if you know how to use a multimeter, this is a "home repair" item. Though this and this may help.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
48. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 03:09 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 01:27:
Barrett, for example, I was able to get away, go through some vents, hack a garage door open and hack some turrets hidden in a storage locker to be on my side, set them up, and let them handle him.

I also saw a punchable wall in the storage room with the turrets.
Wow that's just awesome...they...fixed it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3099 Comments. 155 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo