Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3132 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
48. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 14:48 Mashiki Amiketo

DangerDog wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 14:31:
I'm more concerned about the negative effects on your vision than motion sickness. Having your eyesight bug out for half an hour after taking them off doesn't sound healthy.
True on that, but the brain is pretty adaptable at things like that. Including reversing your vision, it'll quickly figure out what's wrong and correct it. Even to the point of reorienting the images so it makes sense again. Not so much in those under 18 apparently but adults? No problem. What makes me curious is how well it would work on those of us with brain injuries especially in the occipital lobe. I like the idea, the premise, and all the rest. But things like 3d TV, glasses, and so on don't work properly for me. Either I get blinding headaches, or giant splotches where the image should be but there's nothing.

Sadly, I remember seeing 3D(via polarized glasses) stuff at Disneyland as a kid, and thought it was neat as shit. When I went to Disneyworld last year while I was in FL, I could only see parts of the 3D.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
9. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 10:44 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 10:30:
vb

Well this thing already works great in most sims. Currently the problem is the resolution, or rather the PPi.
That's exactly the same types of problems that existed back in the 90's with VR headsets, and where they worked great including FPS's. A buddy of mine had a headset in '97ish or '98.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2013, 10:42 Mashiki Amiketo

"Fixing Forza 5"
The guy is a master of avoiding questions, he's so good, he might just have been a politician at one point in their career.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
16. Re: Into the Black Dec 12, 2013, 14:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 04:57:

Couldn't agree more, I would love for the CBC to lose all public funding. Then they could be supported by the left who they represent. The CBC plays no viable purpose except for lousy programing and a waste of tax payer dollars.
Well they're going to have to do something in the waste and cutting section now that they don't have hockey as a money making fallback. Who knows? Maybe it'll get back to it's original mandate of providing news and information for canadians, instead of giving opinions as news, and trying to shape public policy.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics Free in GOG.com Winter Sale
40. Re: Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics Free in GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 12, 2013, 14:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 14:30:

It was always 150 + 100 if you hire the Water Merchants. Frankly, I've never understood the complaining about this either. The only way to go over the time limit was to spend your time just randomly wandering around the world map. If you just follow the chain of explorable places that you hear about, you'll get to the Water Chip location pronto. Plenty of clues suggesting where to look can be found in one of the major towns as well.
Funny enough I think a playthrough back hmm two or three years ago I managed to blow a game and failed the main part of the quest because I got distracted doing side quests. It was rather thrilling to see a game punish you for not doing the primary goal like that. Probably one of the reasons I enjoy FTL so much.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics Free in GOG.com Winter Sale
35. Re: Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics Free in GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 12, 2013, 14:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Icewind wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 13:57:

Why does everyone whine about that? You get 13 years of in-game time to finish the main storyline...how can you do that?
Actually the time limit to get the chip is 120ish days or so, I think they bumpbed it up in one of the patches to 150 or 180 days. You get 13 years in total to do whatever you want, after you find the chip--minus whatever you used in the original limit.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > SteamOS on Friday
17. Re: SteamOS on Friday Dec 12, 2013, 10:36 Mashiki Amiketo

El Pit wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 03:42:

Okay, and it works? It's running every DirectX game without any hassle? If so, I'm interested.
Nope. But it does work mostly, and it is free. You'll never see perfection until developers dump DX for OGL again.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

14. Re: Into the Black Dec 12, 2013, 02:55 Mashiki Amiketo

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 21:41:

The G20 spying happened during the current gov. The domestic warrantless "anti-child predators" spying bill that enraged the population was during the current gov. The same bill that has now been repackaged as as the "anti-cyber bullying" bill is during the current gov. As always it's a matter of degrees.

At worst the CBC is barely left of center. To someone far to the right even the center is too far to the left.
Hate to be a wet blanket, but you can go back through every government and find "spying" is pretty much a national past time in Canada. In fact it got so bad at one point that the mandate was ripped away from the RCMP, CSIS was created, and an entire civilian oversight board was created to make sure it didn't happen again.

And you can stop with the FUD anytime you want, there was no "warrentless spying" rather it was exigent circumstances, which was earlier struck down by the SCC regarding phone and emails anyway. As a fun thing, even if that bill did pass--I highly doubt it will, it'll be struck down by the SCC for the same reason. The courts determined that exigent circumstances is no longer a valid reason for an invasion of rights.

And calling the CBC "barely left of centre" is joke. It's not as far left of rable, but it's sure not 'barely left of centre' and that's right from their own mouths.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: SteamOS on Friday Dec 12, 2013, 02:34 Mashiki Amiketo

El Pit wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 00:34:
With a DirectX wrapper, this would be interesting to me. Without it, not at all.
Well they have one called wine last I heard.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. Re: SteamOS on Friday Dec 11, 2013, 23:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Just remember it'll be a 'big picture' type experience. So if you don't like it, grab CentOS and your favorite desktop and go on your way.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 11, 2013, 23:02 Mashiki Amiketo

There's a bunch of stuff on Gamefly for sale as well, upto 75% off  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 11, 2013, 20:31 Mashiki Amiketo

Glad one person caught it. And the CBC is about as reputable as Pravda.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
68. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 20:29 Mashiki Amiketo

dumpy wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 16:50:
I trialled WoW briefly and I was not impressed - low level fetch quests are not interesting. I have never understood the game's popularity.

At the start, it was easier than EQ, but more fun. Less issues because you didn't have to camp a spawn as well. You weren't forced to group like some MMO's either. And there were still no shortage of challenges either, it went downhill from TBC. But I suppose it's still fun enough for most people. Even I get the itch to resub and play again, much like I do for EVE. Right now I'm playing STO and enjoying it quite a bit, I subbed in when they had the $8.95/mo w/500mo zen.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
230. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 11, 2013, 14:16 Mashiki Amiketo

BitWraith wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 15:14:

Yeah cause Repubs have been totally banging the more regulations drum for years now.
There's a difference between regulations to protect *insert reason* such as sub-prime lending. There's a fully different reason to "create regulations to create regulations" which the democrats have been doing.

Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 17:00:

Every single one of Obama's executive orders were distractions that accomplished nothing while he went around and used bureaucracies such as the EPA to pass new regulations to get what he wanted anyway.
And which have been overturned by SCOTUS anyway.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 11, 2013, 10:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 09:31:
And the disdain for Canada by the Harper Junta just continues to mount.
Love the "current government of the day" bashing. Useful fact, this was started under Louis St. Laurent, and has continued to this day. Besides, if this was a Junta, you'd be shot in the streets already, and so would anyone else who disagrees.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 11, 2013, 10:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Bhruic wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 02:58:
It's not a crud review, that was the exact conclusion they came to.
No it's crud. "Let's take crappy port game and show crap."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 11, 2013, 02:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Crud review of HDD vs SSD, the biggest benefit is load times, not 'in game performance' unless the game is a MMO, in which case the benefits are amazing.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

219. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 14:50 Mashiki Amiketo

BitWraith wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 14:32:

While I don't think Obama is the greatest president ever, I've been reading this crap since he got elected initially. If he's a fascist dictator who's trying to destroy the constitution, then he's the least efficient dictator in history. Why didn't he pull the trigger on the "null and void" of the constitution when both houses of congress were democrat controlled? He's had 5 years now to get something done on destroying America, what's he waiting on? The perfect time?

Repubs managed to kill our economy in 8 years, so far the Dem economy is trending in the wrong direction, despite Repubs best efforts.
Probably because they'd actually get an armed revolution on their hands and the military won't follow suit. Hasn't stopped the democrats from culling anyone who doesn't agree with their agenda out of the military ranks. Useful tip: Turkey is doing the same thing. And besides, why do it so brutally when he can use XO's, many of which have been challenged and defeated by SCOTUS.

And if you think it was Repubs, you'd best go pay attention to which side blocked those same Repubs from their attempt to stop the housing and loan crisis from before it started. And perhaps, you should pay attention to the fact that Obama's administration is doing exactly the same thing as before with subprimes, and in some cases even more risky lending.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2013, 10:47 Mashiki Amiketo

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 10:10:
Hey a Fox News CONSPIRACY!
On Gawker no less, odd that there was nary a peep over Bashir except that he "resigned." Well in truth, with everything that went on there it's closer to he "resigned before he could be fired."

I especially liked the comments over there, especially the attacks on the Tea Party, and those wanting to stifle free speech, especially those of conservatives.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

196. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 02:01 Mashiki Amiketo

BitWraith wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 23:00:

Quit watching Fox News. There are 3 billion Muslims in the world. The US population is only 300 million something - trust me, if the Muslims as a whole really wanted the US citizenry wiped off the face of the planet, they would. ...

Most of them are just folk - trying to make it in this world just like you.
Wait I watch fox news? Who knew?! I'm also american? Who knew?! It's funny that your brother has spent plenty of time overseas, but you don't have any first hand experience yourself. How about the backwards accommodations that have been going on? Also, how about the no-go zones(also known as "areas of sensitivity" in France, Germany and Denmark. Where muslims have ghettoized entire areas, and no one will respond to any emergencies. How about those recent riots over in Norway and Denmark by muslims that went on for a week or so, because they went to arrest a guy who'd been attacking shop keepers in the streets. How about the "sharia police" enforcing muslim laws on the streets of the UK, France, and Holland.

Yep, nothing going on at all. How about those prayer rooms popping up in *insert government, schools, etc* but no one else can get similar accommodations. How about the muslim taxi drivers refusing to allow service animals, because they're unclean.

As a useful tip, I've known my fair share of westernized muslims. And what you said about them is true, I've also known my fair share of Slovak and Bosnian muslims, they come in two flavors westernized, and batshit crazy that want to install their own version of laws, and remove western freedoms.

And as I said before, I've seen the first hand replies said muslims give in the philippines. I've seen it on the streets of Toronto when they attack Jews, Hindus, and whites, and I've seen it in Ottawa where they openly assault women in the streets but the police will not respond.

Perhaps you should go get some real world experience.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3132 Comments. 157 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo