Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2811 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2013, 16:43 Mashiki Amiketo

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 12:33:
About the same here. We've doubled our amount of snow from last year and broken all sorts of local records. We just got dumped on again a few days ago and more is coming. We've run out of places to store it all!
Hah. Sounds like us about 3-4 years ago, we had some really serious storms roll through parts of the lakes, and where I'm at we had 18ft snow drifts, shut down the 401 several times and all the rest. What's funny is that even with the temperatures last year hitting the mid 70's, it didn't break any records. The record high for yesterday was 76.2F in 2000, the previous time before that was 76.1F in 1945. Though that was the only record broken in the last 60 years. The old records from the 30's and 40's still held with them temps being in the high 70's to low 80's.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2013, 12:21 Mashiki Amiketo

It's spring? There's still a 1/8" of freezing rain on everything, it's 24F, and they're calling for 2" of snow between today and tomorrow. Last year it was 76F.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Earth Hour is all wrong. We need more electricity, not less. Mar 19, 2013, 22:22 Mashiki Amiketo

TurdFergasun wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 20:34:

oh ya hard to tell where man has been and where he hasn't in alberta. damn albortians, should be shipped off to texass where you belong.

mmmm clean tar

Considering that's an active tar sands mine, I'm having a problem with your obvious partisanship. Here, let's look at another example.

Then again, if you goto Grande Cache, AB where they removed half a mountain to get at the coal, you can't tell where they did it either. And of course they're removing the other half of another mountain right now, with two more being planned. I should have taken some pictures while I was there but I was a bit busy at the time.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. Re: Earth Hour is all wrong. We need more electricity, not less. Mar 19, 2013, 16:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 15:46:
Due to mining there's no such thing as "clean" coal. Yeah, you can burn it quicker, but a drive through Kentucky can be horrifying as to how we get it. The damage we do there is nuts.

But yeah, thumbs up to nuclear. Sensational journalism during the Japan disaster really set it back.
Mining coal isn't the cleanest, but having lived near a major coal mine for awhile out in Alberta there are ways to keep the problems down. Then again where there were coal mines, you can't tell the difference between nature and were humans were either. Same with oil and tar sand removal out there. Ahh Alberta, where oil naturally seeps right into the rivers, and if you need a quick fix for a leaky roof you simply find a natural tar spring that seeps into the river and go get it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: Earth Hour is all wrong. We need more electricity, not less. Mar 19, 2013, 15:28 Mashiki Amiketo

LittleMe wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 14:18:
We need cleaner technologies to replace the dirty ones.
Too bad the majority of environmentalists are also against the cleaner technologies, like nuclear. Or against safer reactor designs to replace aging and first generation reactors. And they're against retrofitting existing and old power plants to make them cleaner. Hell here in Ontario we just had the government gut and kill natural gas power plants to appease nimby's and environmentalists(in a vote buying scheme), while shutting down a coal power plant -- which the same environmentalists protested hard against retrofitting to make cleaner. All the while, trying to upsell windmills and solar panels which have been driving the price of hydro up. As fun as that is, Ontario is projected to be the most expensive place in North America for power by 2016.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2013, 17:27 Mashiki Amiketo

Quboid wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 16:56:
I hope SpectralMeat's cut is in the mail. At least 3 of us bought it thanks to him.
I bought it because of him as well. Just a heads up the "complete edition" comes out on the 28th in Europe not sure in the Americas, but chances of another complete pack sale going on soonish are pretty good.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Maxis on SimCity: "In many ways, we built an MMO"
13. Re: Maxis on SimCity: Mar 15, 2013, 20:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Quboid wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 20:49:
Taken in the context that she said it in, that's not necessarily unreasonable. But Blue didn't convey the context, so you'd have to have actually read her post. Easier to just insult her, eh?
Meridian 59 called on the word massive. I like the look of it, but I don't like the gutted, neutered way it's been changed. I keep looking at it and I *might* buy it when it drops in sale price to $4.99, maybe. I mean I got Dragon Age II for free and I said I'd only ever play it if EA gave it to me...well they did. I can wait for this to tank in price too.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Soren Johnson at Stardock
10. Re: Soren Johnson at Stardock Mar 5, 2013, 03:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Flatline wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 02:37:
Yeah after that Glenn Beck episode I promised not to ever bother with another Stardock game. Which is sad, but it means that I avoided stuff like the code abortion that was Elemental.
You know I always find it rather ironic when people start screaming "I'm all for freedom of speech and expression..." except when they don't like someone elses message and try to shut them down by killing their advertisers. Yep...solid one there old bean.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 4, 2013, 19:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 10:05:
Hmm, maybe all of you who were praising your Logitech mice should load up...
Well that would suck, since I love my MX series mice. I haven't found anything that will match either my 500 or 600 series. But one thing I have noticed is that sales are slow across every industry in the computer sector, newegg has been having really heavy sales on everything, including another "black friday" sale two weeks ago I believe it was. Tigerdirect had a similar sale as well.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
29. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 4, 2013, 17:56 Mashiki Amiketo

wonkawonka wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 16:29:
Sure they do. I was talking vanilla.
Beyond that you can do whatever you want.
Gotcha. I musta missed that, pain killer induced hazes can do that to ya.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
23. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 4, 2013, 16:25 Mashiki Amiketo

wonkawonka wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 16:24:
Of course by the time I'm 75% done with the game, my char is God. In Everything.
They make mods for that. And even "god" characters can still be one-shot.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title
12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 01:09 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 22:45:

The writing is going to be more like this version:

http://youtu.be/Vxi7JRJrod4
Still better writing than anything that's come out of hollywood in ages.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Details and Screenshots
20. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Details and Screenshots Mar 1, 2013, 14:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Quinn wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 13:44:

The not-an-entire-continent-of-snow setting, perhaps?!
Oblivion was rolling hills of ice? And Morrowind was all hills full of ash too right? Hell even Skyrim isn't full of snow, maybe 20-25% if you don't count the mountains.

Yeah I don't understand this point.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Details, Including Save Imports
4. Re: The Witcher 3 Details, Including Save Imports Feb 28, 2013, 21:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Damn sounds...delicious.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 28, 2013, 17:31 Mashiki Amiketo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 10:25:
how do they send this message? Are they hijacking your web browser? If so, I have more concern for what THEY are doing than what any USER is doing....
Web pop-up box, which means one of a few things. They're doing it to people when they connect via DNS lookups, or they're using something like sandvine boxes to attach the message directly the packets. Since comcast has a history of using sandvine boxes, I'd lead towards the second option.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > EVE Online Boasts 500K Subscribers
35. Re: EVE Online Boasts 500K Subscribers Feb 28, 2013, 16:32 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 16:08:
It's not like other MMOs where you gotta grind to the top tier of gear before you can even play.
That's quite true, and for nublets there's no shortage of starter corps that they can join as well which will help them out. I haven't played in..jeeze almost a year now, but I might start sometime in the next few months if we hit another gaming dryspell.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 27, 2013, 22:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Media screams "violent video games behind it all..." low information voters believe it.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm 24 Hour Launch Party
5. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm 24 Hour Launch Party Feb 27, 2013, 04:49 Mashiki Amiketo

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 02:15:
SC2 feels like it's taking place in an alternate universe to SC1 and that's a bad thing.
Apparently we're playing different games. Then again, considering that the story from WOL fits the lore I can see how that would be a problem for some people.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > More Games Get the Steam Greenlight
8. Re: More Games Get the Steam Greenlight Feb 26, 2013, 16:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Ahaha...Organ Trail.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 24, 2013, 21:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Feb 24, 2013, 21:39:
I love that everyone HATED the level-scaling in oblivion, so Bethesda changed it for FO3 and Skyrim, and modders are putting the level scaling right back in. As a developer, you just can't win.

Creston
Haha. Spot on. Between the mods, and DD even a level 55+ character can get ground wiped in a couple of seconds. My battlemage(600mana/450ish health) with 102% fire/frost or shock and 44% magic res, and 2pts in magic resistance from the alteration tree has still be 1-shot by enemies with magic damage, and with nearly 1k armor(minus shield) I've still been crit for 80% of my health in one go in melee/ranged damage.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2811 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo