Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3099 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
230. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 11, 2013, 14:16 Mashiki Amiketo

BitWraith wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 15:14:

Yeah cause Repubs have been totally banging the more regulations drum for years now.
There's a difference between regulations to protect *insert reason* such as sub-prime lending. There's a fully different reason to "create regulations to create regulations" which the democrats have been doing.

Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 17:00:

Every single one of Obama's executive orders were distractions that accomplished nothing while he went around and used bureaucracies such as the EPA to pass new regulations to get what he wanted anyway.
And which have been overturned by SCOTUS anyway.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 11, 2013, 10:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 09:31:
And the disdain for Canada by the Harper Junta just continues to mount.
Love the "current government of the day" bashing. Useful fact, this was started under Louis St. Laurent, and has continued to this day. Besides, if this was a Junta, you'd be shot in the streets already, and so would anyone else who disagrees.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 11, 2013, 10:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Bhruic wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 02:58:
It's not a crud review, that was the exact conclusion they came to.
No it's crud. "Let's take crappy port game and show crap."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 11, 2013, 02:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Crud review of HDD vs SSD, the biggest benefit is load times, not 'in game performance' unless the game is a MMO, in which case the benefits are amazing.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

219. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 14:50 Mashiki Amiketo

BitWraith wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 14:32:

While I don't think Obama is the greatest president ever, I've been reading this crap since he got elected initially. If he's a fascist dictator who's trying to destroy the constitution, then he's the least efficient dictator in history. Why didn't he pull the trigger on the "null and void" of the constitution when both houses of congress were democrat controlled? He's had 5 years now to get something done on destroying America, what's he waiting on? The perfect time?

Repubs managed to kill our economy in 8 years, so far the Dem economy is trending in the wrong direction, despite Repubs best efforts.
Probably because they'd actually get an armed revolution on their hands and the military won't follow suit. Hasn't stopped the democrats from culling anyone who doesn't agree with their agenda out of the military ranks. Useful tip: Turkey is doing the same thing. And besides, why do it so brutally when he can use XO's, many of which have been challenged and defeated by SCOTUS.

And if you think it was Repubs, you'd best go pay attention to which side blocked those same Repubs from their attempt to stop the housing and loan crisis from before it started. And perhaps, you should pay attention to the fact that Obama's administration is doing exactly the same thing as before with subprimes, and in some cases even more risky lending.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2013, 10:47 Mashiki Amiketo

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 10:10:
Hey a Fox News CONSPIRACY!
On Gawker no less, odd that there was nary a peep over Bashir except that he "resigned." Well in truth, with everything that went on there it's closer to he "resigned before he could be fired."

I especially liked the comments over there, especially the attacks on the Tea Party, and those wanting to stifle free speech, especially those of conservatives.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

196. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 02:01 Mashiki Amiketo

BitWraith wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 23:00:

Quit watching Fox News. There are 3 billion Muslims in the world. The US population is only 300 million something - trust me, if the Muslims as a whole really wanted the US citizenry wiped off the face of the planet, they would. ...

Most of them are just folk - trying to make it in this world just like you.
Wait I watch fox news? Who knew?! I'm also american? Who knew?! It's funny that your brother has spent plenty of time overseas, but you don't have any first hand experience yourself. How about the backwards accommodations that have been going on? Also, how about the no-go zones(also known as "areas of sensitivity" in France, Germany and Denmark. Where muslims have ghettoized entire areas, and no one will respond to any emergencies. How about those recent riots over in Norway and Denmark by muslims that went on for a week or so, because they went to arrest a guy who'd been attacking shop keepers in the streets. How about the "sharia police" enforcing muslim laws on the streets of the UK, France, and Holland.

Yep, nothing going on at all. How about those prayer rooms popping up in *insert government, schools, etc* but no one else can get similar accommodations. How about the muslim taxi drivers refusing to allow service animals, because they're unclean.

As a useful tip, I've known my fair share of westernized muslims. And what you said about them is true, I've also known my fair share of Slovak and Bosnian muslims, they come in two flavors westernized, and batshit crazy that want to install their own version of laws, and remove western freedoms.

And as I said before, I've seen the first hand replies said muslims give in the philippines. I've seen it on the streets of Toronto when they attack Jews, Hindus, and whites, and I've seen it in Ottawa where they openly assault women in the streets but the police will not respond.

Perhaps you should go get some real world experience.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

184. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 20:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Hellbinder wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 17:00:
oh thank you NSA and Government for protecting me from all those evil rag head terrorists hiding under every bush and keyboard. where would I ever be without you blowing the living shit out of half the middle east and faking one terrorist plot after the next in order to make sure I understand how awesome you are and how screwed I would be without you.

They're sure not under every bush and keyboard, but they're around. Just not very much *around* here, unless of course you live somewhere like Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Boston, NYC, London, Madrid and so on. And having seen and experienced that lovely "religion of peace" in the Philippines, when my ex just managed to miss the Rizal Day bombings, and I got to see the "glorious power of jihadi power" you'll have to forgive my opinions.

Oh and I shouldn't forget the favorite thing of the various muslim terrorist groups in the region, of taking grenades and throwing them into places like churches, and places that sell booze.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

102. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 15:03 Mashiki Amiketo

I see the crazy is neck deep in this thread. How lovely, so about that NSA stuff...  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2013, 10:53 Mashiki Amiketo

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 10:31:
Not much snow here yet, but we've had our hands full with -40C/F (with windchill) temps for the last week.
15cm of snow, on top of the 30cm or so we had. Luckily the winds from the mountains blew most of it away. Sadly the temperature dropped to -38C, and the windchill was -48C. Yeah it was damn, damn cold here(northern alberta), though most of Central Canada was like that last week.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 9, 2013, 10:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Gee whatja know? Kimdotcom proven right again...be right back, getting more popcorn.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2013, 14:59 Mashiki Amiketo

I'm kinda interested in Maia at this point.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Thief and The Witcher 3 Trailers
1. Re: Thief and The Witcher 3 Trailers Dec 8, 2013, 14:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Mmmm...witcher 3...delicious.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
28. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 5, 2013, 18:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Simon Says wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 18:27:
And that's why they want to impose draconian caps on broadband... But as can be seen from canadian data, even that is not enough to fix the problem.

Good riddance.
What's intereting up here in Canada is that ISP's are now abandoning data caps, because well...guess what? All the indie ISP's can offer the same service, cheaper, and with no caps. Even my new telus DSL account which is sadly only 6/1 no longer has a cap. And I got that in writing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2013, 02:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 16:36:
Sounds like a great OS! I can't wait to upgrade!
You know, a lot of people said the same thing going from '98 to XP too, and there was nearly 2 years of BS especially with sounddriver issues.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 5, 2013, 02:48 Mashiki Amiketo

Umbragen wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 00:16:
Shit, I thought I'd stumbled onto the Fox news forums for a second there...
Don't worry, sometimes reality comes to bite you. Seems like the majority of americans agree that obamacare(wait we don't use that anymore) is a dismal failure.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming?
61. Re: Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming? Dec 5, 2013, 02:47 Mashiki Amiketo

JediPunisher wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 17:33:

If you think those are the only reasons why we hate Windows 8 then you have your head firmly planted up Microsoft's ass in the sand. I really don't have the time to list all of our gripes, but you could just Bing it.
Ah so, my arguement is so weak that I must rely on the opinions of others to justify my hate of it. Got it...and that whole Bing thing? Irony.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

48. Re: Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming? Dec 4, 2013, 14:31 Mashiki Amiketo

JediPunisher wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 14:03:

Just because you like your Prius, doesn't mean the rest of us want to give up our gas guzzling muscle cars.
So...you're saying that Win7 is heavy with the overhead compared to Win8? Let's be realistic, the big hate in Win8 comes from two things: UEFI and MS bootlock mixing, the bootlock is trivial to bypass and ignore. The second was the playskool UI, which was also trivial to replace. Are there really any other serious issues? None that I can find, once you replace the UI with say anything else, you get Win7 SP2, with better stability.

Tim wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:27:

To be haunted by XP in 2013/2014 is a horrible thing. I feel for you there... it's long past it's sell-by date.
What gets me is the number of corp and government users still in XP land. I'm out in Northern Alberta doing a infastructure upgrade, and all of their laptops are still WinXP, half of their machines that can access the internet are still XP. Their upgrade path...is "July 2014" yep. And those machines *have* to have access to the intranet and internet to function and talk to other government agencies. And this is after they had a serious breakin that resulted in the theft of data.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Trailer
11. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Trailer Dec 4, 2013, 14:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Xil wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 11:41:
is there a list of supported OS's though ? if steamos wants to take of then linux support for engines is vital.
Only thing I can see is "cross-platform support" with OGL support, and native MacOS and IOS support as well. Which means it should support 'nix since MacOS is a nix/bsd mix. With OGL support as well everything else should be trivial.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming? Dec 4, 2013, 10:43 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 10:00:

Their continued trek is this direction makes me more and more interested in buying a mac.
Considering Apple already does this, can't see why you'd want to switch from a "system incoming" to a "system already does it." If anything, I'd just slap on steamOS or whatever flavor of 'nix strikes my fancy. The real problem is the lack of support from developers moving off the DX platform.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3099 Comments. 155 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo