Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3268 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 13:02 Mashiki Amiketo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 12:07:
If you miss 80s coke, not sure where you live, but here in Minneapolis and the metro area there are Mexican Mercados EVERYWHERE. They import a TON of their products and they have Mexican Coke filling the shelves. I grab em all the time. Heaven.
I live in the SWON. Used to be that you could go over to Detroit and hit Little Mexico and find some every now and then, but last time I went over the store I used to go to had shut their doors.

Oh and for anyone who uses Xbox-360 live stuff, dealzon posted a link for a 12mo sub for $37.41.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 11:23 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 10:18:
Im getting strange dejavus of Coke and mexican sugar cane....
I always like Dr. Pepper made with sugar cane as well. It's pretty damned tasty, and coke, like they had back in the 80's when it was made using actual sugar was nice too.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 09:55 Mashiki Amiketo

You know, you could always hop across the border(or have one us send ya some) and buy them up here in Canada. :p Our Hostess side never had any of the BS happen.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 29, 2014, 09:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Really? $10 gas card..damn. Then again I seem to remember promos like that popping up every once and awhile too, tells me that the consumer market is slowing heavily.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
17. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 20:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 19:56:
You guys still butthurt over Bungie selling out and becoming console guys? Let it go fellas. It was ages ago. You know exactly what the deal is here. We'll always have Myth. The rest is forgettable shite.

You mean they sold out to become console guys, because it was the "new hot shit" and they're now trying to stay relevant. Unfortunately they're undecided if PC's despite market data are "in" again, so they're waffling. And unsure if the PC gaming community will still shun them.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 28, 2014, 18:49 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 18:32:

Little do they realize that a fully loaded Desert Eagle weighs a little over 5 pounds. That's right folks, let's go to the range and hold a 5 pound bag of sugar at arms length for a few magazines. Not so cool now, is it? Not to mention that even with the gas operated recoil system, the recoil is pretty hefty in every caliber, but especially in .44 and .50. Oh, and those .44 mag and .50 AE rounds are over $2 a shot.
Yep pretty much, first gun I got good shooting with was a .22LR(back before they changed the laws up here in canadaland), then when I was in the US it was a Glock 9mm, followed up with his AR-15 both of which were my buddies and we'd be down at the NG range south of Indy every weekend. His dad had a desert eagle, the damn thing was like a bear kicking in your hand. I wasn't a fan of it, not a single bit. Loved the glock though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
43. Apr 26, 2014, 23:55 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 22:15:
Star Citizen threads might as well just have comments disabled at this point.
Meh I've seen more serious shit flinging in threads regarding *he who shall not be named* and his games.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2014, 16:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 15:40:

Yes, because the world needs more corporate welfare and things skewed in favour of the 1%.

Rolleyes
This is the same NZ, who just recently pissed all over the rights of their citizens remember, and didn't give a rats ass about their constitution, case law, or common law. Just a hint. All at the behest of DoJ.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2014, 16:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Reviews without a score only work if you can trust the reviewer. And that only works if the reviewer has a long track record of providing reviews that people will trust.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Privilege Apr 24, 2014, 02:32 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 20:53:
Beamer wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 19:58:
Eirikrautha wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 19:56:
Hmmm. So if I agree with the article, we have established there is a male privilege. If I disagree, according to the author, I'm simply proving that I'm in denial and that their is a male privilege. One of those times that the phrase "begging the question" is appropriate.

You do not think there is male privilege?

Typical.

You don't think there is female privilege?

Even more typical.
You do not think there is cat privilege?

Typical.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
49. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2014, 00:06 Mashiki Amiketo

Faith not restored. Will be waiting for reviews, many reviews.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > AMD Release Candidate Drivers
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2014, 09:58 Mashiki Amiketo

vacs wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 06:09:
Full OpenGL 4.4 support just now? Did they not have that before?

Nvidia offers full 4.4 support for all GF 400 series cards and upwards since August 2013...
Not all of the extensions, so not full 4.4 support. Then again, OGL4.4 adoption has been dirt slow.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2014, 18:48 Mashiki Amiketo

Blue wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 18:41:
I do use a push mower. Had it for years. Never water the lawn, never fertilize it, never use pesticides. I don't think I have anything to be ashamed of for planting some grass seed.
One thing I've found especially where I live, is if I can't get grass to grow, I can get clover to grow. Usually a couple of years of clover and then digging it up and sticking in seed will be enough to get the grass to grow in bare areas. I'm in the same type of area as you are just across the lakes in southern ontario.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2014, 14:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Redmask wrote on Apr 19, 2014, 13:48:
My response is so what? I can think of a dozen stories where people had a gun and it did them no good in a home invasion. Literally anything and can will happen in the world, it doesn't make it the norm and doesn't mean you stock up on guns at opportunity after hearing about them. If owning a gun makes you feel safer then enjoy the illusion I guess but in many (if not most) situations it would not help you more than some money spent on a secure residence.
Your response is so what, my response is: It's better to be armed and not need it than to be unarmed and not have it. It's not the illusion of safety, it's the actual safety one has. The illusion of safety is believing that the police have a duty to respond when you pick up the phone and call, believing that they're "moments away" and "will be there to save you in time."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: Into the Black Apr 19, 2014, 12:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 23:19:
You don't need a gun to deal with burglars, they don't break into occupied homes. You need a gun to deal with a home invasion but those are often totally random and drug related. Having a dog and a big maglite is a much better bet for your safety in that situation than a gun anyway.
And yet they do break into occupied homes. I can think of a dozen cases off the top of my head here in my city(pop under 25k at the time) in the last decade where people had their homes broken into while they were at home, in the dead of night, while they were at home, and they had a dog. And the wife and daughter were assaulted.

jdreyer wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 21:25:
So, no castle doctrine in Canada? Also, you REALLY do not want to implement Stand Your Ground laws. It's the worst idea ever.
No castle doctrine, and no stand your ground law. And really stand your ground isn't the worst idea ever. The worst idea ever is "surrender or flee." Followed by "no escalation of self-defense" which was on the books here until very recently. Meaning if you were defending yourself, and someone came at you with a knife, you couldn't use say a baseball bat to defend yourself. That would be "escalating" the situation.

Kosumo wrote on Apr 19, 2014, 08:51:
If you have an effective police force, whats wrong with the "surrender or flee" when it comes to some people stealing property.

If your police force is any good, most crime will be dealt with , just not always super fast.

While, to me, adding guns into anything makes it more dangerous for everyone involved.
We don't have an effective police force that's the thing. As people in the US who are 2nd amendment supporters like to say, when seconds count police are minutes away. Same holds true in Canada.

An example: In my home town we have a police force, if I go to the next nearest town, their police force is the OPP. Their average response time may be 30 seconds, it might be 5 hours. Which of course works really good if someone is in your house and you have no way to defend yourself right? Surrender or flee remember?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. Re: Into the Black Apr 18, 2014, 21:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 20:28:
And yet, we don't get to shoot criminals without getting in trouble. This country is still so bass ackwards in so many ways.
Well they did chance the self defense laws up here recently, so you can actually defend yourself instead of being stuck with the 16th century "surrender or flee" doctrine that our common law, laws were designed around. Give it another decade or so and we'll get there. Especially with cities like Toronto, Vancouver, and Winnipeg starting to become like Chicago and Detroit of yesteryear.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: Into the Black Apr 18, 2014, 20:21 Mashiki Amiketo

While it's funny, in Canada it's actually a more serious crime to rob a house while occupied. 5+ years in prison. If it's done with a gun it's an automatic 10 years. Which is why criminals when they rob a house will actually go out of their way to make sure it's unoccupied.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Guard Scam Warning
13. Re: Steam Guard Scam Warning Apr 17, 2014, 19:01 Mashiki Amiketo

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 12:20:
No kidding... Besides the fact that Valve wouldn't be calling it "downloading" when you're giving them a file from your computer, all you need to do is look at the address bar. No secure connection, AND it's mis-spelled. GG newbs.
I dunno. Maybe the guy who registered the address had realllllllly fat fingers, we're all neckbeards after all...virgin neckbeards...right? Who use sticks to type out letters on the keyboard. I mean who could miss the n, and double ii's?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Tropico 5 Limited Special Edition Announced; Steam Pre-Purchases Begin
1. No subject Apr 17, 2014, 18:53 Mashiki Amiketo

All hail El Presidente! As my first order of business, kill Juanito! Then execute the leader of the environmentalist movement for blockading my mines, and then leader of the communist faction for complaining about having too many shacks. Last but not least, kill Van Hoof.

Speaking of which:
Tropico5 for $38.99+Port Royal3 or Patrician IV
20% off GMG: O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2014, 20:40.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Heartbleed Warning
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2014, 00:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 18:04:
And this is why I use a two garbage passwords for unimportant sites so I don't have to go around changing them all then this shit happens - which is like every fucking week now. And different much more secure ones for stuff like banking, etc.
At this point I've switched over to using lastpass for everything, too many sites with too many bloody esoteric requirements for passwords. Uppercharacter, lowercharacter, special letters, numbers, assprint, fingerprint, dna, bloodtype, etc.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3268 Comments. 164 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo