Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3627 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2015, 15:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 10:31:
I'll wait for an archived version of the Polygon article; until then I'll take this writer's word for it that it's shite.

Shit tier article, the attacks they're getting are justified.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout Countdown
23. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 15:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Unknown Soldier wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 15:38:
Please don't be Fallout Online, please don't be Fallout Online, please don't be Fallout Online...

After the dismal failure known as ESO, I doubt they'd be silly enough to do that again.

Edit: Does look like FO4.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2015, 17:09.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch Plans
34. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 04:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Tip: There's a pawn broker on the east side of novigrad, near one of the gates where you can buy a large sum of non-novigrad currency, converting them to novigrad crowns gets you almost a 1:3 return  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Hatred
17. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 02:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 02:15:
I doubt anyone's buying this based on whether it's actually a good game or not. Either you buy this because it's an anti-PC adolescent hate-the-world fantasy, or you don't buy it for the same reason.

Well I bought it because of the same reason I bought soldier of fortune, starcraft or unreal tournament. It's a game, and a game I'll either enjoy or hate. If you want to inject identity politics you're free to, but some will have also bought it because those who live, breath, eat, and shit identity politics tried to get it kicked off steam.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. No subject Jun 1, 2015, 20:49 Mashiki Amiketo

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 20:33:
Except that it's just too buggy and poorly designed to be worth playing at all, from what I've read. RPS says the controller is unusable and KBM is barely serviceable... When have you ever heard that about a twin-stick shooter?

Considering I didn't have any problems playing it for the hour or so earlier today. I'll chalk it up to RPS doing what RPS does best, being shitty and mediocre.

Rhialto wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 20:33:
You mean like Robotron 2084? An old time arcade favorite?

Oh, btw I'm not interested in Hatred but I read some comments about it as you can see.
Something similar yeah.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. No subject Jun 1, 2015, 20:17 Mashiki Amiketo

ChaosEngine wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 20:03:
Jack Thompson isn't required. So far the reviews have indicated this game is crap enough to fail all by itself.

If you like twin-stick shooters you're going to enjoy it. If you don't, you're going to hate it. That's pretty much all there is to it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

25. No subject Jun 1, 2015, 14:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Vall Forran wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 14:48:
You guys that have so much money...Do you buy stuff? I am at level 19 sitting on about $1.5k. I tend to buy all the recipes/gwent cards I can find.

Yep, I buy any recipes/cards that I run across and still have plenty of money.

Those bandit maces? Sell them to a weaponsmith and you get 8-20 gold for each one of them.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
11. No subject Jun 1, 2015, 14:03 Mashiki Amiketo

Xylemon wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 10:32:
"It should be noted here that for reasons I truly do not understand, McIntosh has me blocked on Twitter"

I chuckled at that part, especially since that McIntosh moron has blocked me for just favoriting a troll tweet directed at him. He will basically try to get rid of anyone who does not favor his inane view of the world, rather scary I must say.

They're both hypocrites(Sarkesian and Mc Intosh), so it shouldn't be a surprise. If you point out that their statements are actually racist/bigoted/etc., they'll block you as well. Then again FF is just a mouthpiece of JMac anyway, even going as far as tweeting out the same garbage spelling mistakes and all.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

19. No subject Jun 1, 2015, 13:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 11:51:
How the fucking fuck do you have so much gold? The most I've amassed at once is about 6k. And that's selling a metric shit ton of ingredients. Granted I'm spending a ton of gold on stuff but it always seems like I have about as much going out as I do coming in, and the coming in bit is way too grindy.

I'm running about 11k-12k give or take a bit. Some tips: Haggle for more than the contract is worth even if it's 8-10 gold. Pick up everything, search every container that you can where you know you won't get caught. Sell everything more than a total of 15 items in a stack, sell to the right person. That means alchemy stuff to herbilists, metal ore/ingots to smiths, swords to swordsmiths, armor to armor smiths. Books to antiquaries, and so on. Use trophies that give +x extra gold(I know of at least two, one is a succubus trophy -- that questline starts in novigrad), it helps--a lot. Do the treasure hunts, no really, do them. Not only can you get some great gear, if you don't need it the stuff can be sold. A single guarded treasure can net you 100-800 gold in items to sell.

If a merchant has run out of gold, head to another town. I think it takes 1-5 days for their gold to restore, and get more items in. Also don't buy materials unless you have to.

Don't be afraid to break stuff down. If you get a ring, it's worth more per item broken down then it is to sell the ring outright.

Some extra stuff, get larger saddle bags+70 is what I have now, don't be afraid to explore before you set out questing, that'll make trips back into town to sell stuff easier.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
31. No subject Jun 1, 2015, 06:20 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 02:53:
It's also dehumanising. It's so much easier to HATE a group than it is to hate a person.

The problem of course is that some groups deserve the hate that they receive. Atheism+ is one of them, now that SJWs have gone mainstream they're also getting the hate they deserve. Though in truth, the difference between the two is minimal. In both cases you're dealing with the perpetually offended.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. No subject May 31, 2015, 22:46 Mashiki Amiketo

I'm still trying to decide if it's worthwhile to pick up Elite: Dangerous or wait another 6-12 months.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

29. No subject May 31, 2015, 13:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Dagnamit wrote on May 30, 2015, 22:55:
See but you're so quick out of the gate with the SJW stuff, that I can't really believe that it's just about ethics in journalism. Someone tell me, what does GG want? Please.

Except of course if I look at the sjw stuff, what do I see? Threats, doxing, "no wrong actions, only bad targets" mentality. Oh and what does GG want? It's already won everything(disclosure, writing stories in a non-biased way, clear ethical policies, bottom feeders have quit, left, or openly apologized for attacking gamers, etc) that it wanted for the most part. Nearly every gaming site that isn't sinking so fast you'd think it hit an iceburg seems to be doing fine. These days it's acting more like a watch dog.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

15. No subject May 30, 2015, 22:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on May 30, 2015, 22:20:
You're going to end up with far more GG critics in prison than GG supporters if laws against such are enforced.

I can't wait. You're also going to find a lot of SJW's, atheism+ and so on supporters in jail.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. No subject May 30, 2015, 17:52 Mashiki Amiketo

HoSpanky wrote on May 30, 2015, 16:57:
Why is this a surprise? Being a smartmouth is one thing, posting personal info and death threats is another.

Better let facebook know along with the people who use it, since they post personal information all the time voluntarily even.

Then again the people who are whining and saying this crap about #gamergate have belonged(or still do) to some of the most vicious troll(gnaa, helldump, etc) and doxing groups out there and have zero problem doxing other people.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > AMD Beta Drivers
6. No subject May 30, 2015, 03:48 Mashiki Amiketo

KilrathiAce wrote on May 30, 2015, 02:44:
Been half a year since AMD did official drivers new version, I guess AMD cut down so much staff that now it will take a year for regular official driver updates.

Considering the rate at which nvidia pumps out drivers, which burn out cards(remember the drivers the screwed up fan profiles) and lead to TDR crashes(let's dump the gpu core voltage to keep the cards cool), I think I'll take stability and waiting over a new driver release every week or two.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. No subject May 29, 2015, 13:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Find the 15.4's have better performance for Witcher 3 compared to the 15.5's, I'm actually have a fps drop and studdering with these new drivers. Using a 7950 w/3GB onboard.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. No subject May 29, 2015, 11:24 Mashiki Amiketo

FYI it's beta 15.5  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > CDPR: "Too Early" to Discuss Cyberpunk 2077
7. No subject May 27, 2015, 10:51 Mashiki Amiketo

LurkerLito wrote on May 27, 2015, 10:36:
Doh that means it is at least 3 years out.

It would have been nice to finish Witcher 3 then next year have Cyberpunk

CDPR isn't a AAA studio, and they don't have the number to pump out titles like that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

26. No subject May 25, 2015, 08:49 Mashiki Amiketo

Jerykk wrote on May 25, 2015, 08:34:

That figure was for all three platforms, not just PC. Also, a large portion of the 400k Steam copies were very likely pre-orders, so adding that number on top of the multiplatform pre-order numbers isn't quite accurate.

Unless it states otherwise, those would be sold copies post-release in most cases of metrics measuring.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

22. No subject May 25, 2015, 08:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Jerykk wrote on May 25, 2015, 00:07:
According to SteamSpy's estimates, W3 has sold about 400k on Steam. Given that Steam is by far the largest distributor of PC games, I'd estimate that total sales so far have been around 500k. Lifetime PC sales will probably be around 4-5 million, though most of those will be at significantly discounted prices. I'd estimate about 800k total PC sales at full price.

Witcher 3 pre-orders(not shipped--sold) exceeded 1.5m copies, that means the game has hit 1.9-2.2m copies sold already.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3627 Comments. 182 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo