Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3227 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS
23. No subject May 27, 2014, 16:58 Mashiki Amiketo

ForgedReality wrote on May 27, 2014, 12:42:
PhysX does work universally, you just have to do it in the CPU with AMD, but it works. I've done it. It only works on nVidia hardware because it's their technology, and they can dictate who gets to use it. I'm sure that even if nVidia offered to license it out, AMD wouldn't pay the fees, and so we'd still be in the same place we are now.

Since then, I think they may have changed the drivers so you can't do that anymore, but that could just be to alleviate any responsibility from people breaking their systems and then trying to blame nVidia or something, but I won't speculate, unlike what some seem to want to do in this thread...
Well except it doesn't work universally. If it worked universally then I could slap a 520GT in my machine and let it do the physx calculations, but I can't. The reason? Because nvidia deliberately crippled their drivers, going as far as reversing gravity and introducing timebombs to slow users machines down to a crawl. If you had both a amd and nvidia card.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide
49. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 03:43 Mashiki Amiketo

So for those that were wondering whether or not that trick worked on the EU key? Yep. Got my key from GMG, and it worked fine on my NA Uplay account. But GMG sure fucked up the release time. Aussies are just getting theirs now almost 18 hours later, and I'm still waiting on my season pass key. And no one got it at midnight except west coasters.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Memorial Tech Bits
6. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 00:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on May 26, 2014, 23:41:

Man, that is a fucking STYLISH jacket Niko's wearing!
Niko, my man let's go to a titty bar!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Memorial Legal Briefs
10. No subject May 26, 2014, 16:16 Mashiki Amiketo

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 26, 2014, 12:58:

Samsung is the one copying Apple...Its the other way around.
You mean "round corners" that samsung had before apple? This could very much bite apple if they want a retrial, just think how much they'll be frothing in the mouth if they loose this time.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Intro Movie
17. No subject May 25, 2014, 21:33 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on May 25, 2014, 21:27:

Heh, another case of monetary restriction providing impetus for creativity.
Unpossible! Everyone knows that if you throw money at something it only gets better.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
8. No subject May 25, 2014, 17:38 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on May 25, 2014, 14:02:
Hey guys, don't know if you've heard, but that moterfuckers PROFITABLE!

Oh come on nin, we all know that 2 year old hardware is going to be profitable. You can buy it for next to nothing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Intro Movie
10. No subject May 25, 2014, 17:35 Mashiki Amiketo

It's actually pretty decent, compared to the full blown CGI stuff that's toss out on a regular basis these days.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2014, 00:25 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on May 24, 2014, 19:57:
That hygiene story is pretty interesting.
Needs a larger case study done, but it is interesting.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tropico 5
13. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2014, 00:07 Mashiki Amiketo

DarkCntry wrote on May 24, 2014, 20:32:

He's also a bit incorrect in a few spots...one in particular is the comment about how you aren't alerted about deaths on the island due to a deficit. You still get popups about the deaths (lack of medical coverage, starvation) in the PIP popups. Matter of fact, I do believe anything that occurs on my island that is pertinent to my attention needs is shown in that little window, all without having to open the almanac, albeit I still do that out of habit anyways.
One of the things I do like now is that protests are actually informative, and you can simply pay the protesters off.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tropico 5
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2014, 00:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Only hit the second mission but so far I like it, getting used to the whole change in production/recon makes it a bit more intersting as well. Also noticed that mines aren't static, if you discover a mine, reload and rediscover it you can get something else.

Some bugs, such as it reverting colour/brightness controls every time it starts. I've got my brightness/colour controls set low and lower on my monitor because of photophobia protip: never get a head injury. So I get tired quickly while playing and it gives me a massive headache. But the jokes are quite good.

Oh and swiss bank account? Now useful! Required to upgrade your dynasty.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2014, 03:49.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2014, 13:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Minnesota bans antibacterial soap. Took long enough, there's enough studies out there showing that triclosan can cause antibiotic immunity.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation May 22, 2014, 13:36 Mashiki Amiketo

ForgedReality wrote on May 22, 2014, 12:45:
My money's on "extremely overhyped." I love that the PC is finally getting the recognition it deserves from the terrified console community though. Rightly so. Consoles have never had the power to compete, so they pretend like PC gaming is "dead" to make themselves feel better.
Lot of console fanboys have finally clued in that PC's really are better for gaming. It's the die hard people who haven't clued in that a 2 year old GPU is more powerful than "next gen consoles."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 22, 2014, 04:26 Mashiki Amiketo

LittleMe wrote on May 22, 2014, 00:55:
According to that reddit thread, uPlay is region-free. Tempting. I'll wait for release reviews.
Find out soon enough, I already contacted their support and got pretty much the same answer as the other poster. If the key doesn't work, to simply contact them and they'll exchange it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 21, 2014, 21:25 Mashiki Amiketo

For anyone who hasn't bought watch dogs yet, but wants it cheaper, I present this thread. It does work.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization May 21, 2014, 19:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on May 21, 2014, 15:58:
the future will be just like that movie Demolition Man!
You have been fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality statue.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 20, 2014, 02:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Fantaz wrote on May 20, 2014, 00:34:
i hope Windows 9 is 3D (and no i do not mean stereoscopic, i mean a 3D UI/UX and not 2D interface.)
Won't happen until there's widespread adaption of 3D UI's, and the requirement to wear shit on your face is gone. That along with the headaches, eye strain, migraines, and who the fuck knows what else.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2014, 19:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2014, 15:04:
It was cold and rainy yesterday, and it's cold and sunny today. Bleh. At least its supposed to warm up by next Saturday. Sigh. The winter that would not go away.

And lol at the woman who remarks that the lions killing the antelope is "sick". So wtf are you on a safari tour in that case?
We got all of 3 days above 20C here in SW Ontario, and one day where it was 28C in the last week. It's been below 20C for the last 3 days, and will be until monday. I get the feeling that this summer is going to be one of those unusually "wet and cold" ones. They almost always are when spring doesn't start until almost the may 24 weekend.

I'd hate to see what she'd do when a brown bear chases a deer onto the road and savages it in front of traffic.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 17, 2014, 19:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2014, 17:02:
They stated that the average bundle is now 189 channels, of which people watch about 17 at most. And they wonder why people are cutting the cord because they're not offering a la carte.
The last time I watched TV was when I was traveling down to Florida to do some estate work for my grandmother when she was dying. I stopped in two places Dry Ridge, KY(satellite) and Dalton, GA.(cable), between 90-100 channels, and not a damned thing on but reality TV shows even on Discovery, Military, and NatGO. I think I watched both for an hour while when I got back from eating dinner, and promptly got on my laptop and played FTL for 3 hours.

The industry is killing itself, and they have no idea why people are cutting the cord. But they think that it has something to do with people being cheap. Not that there's nothing but crap on TV, hell when I was in Florida, the only thing I watched in Zephyrhills was the local Fox and ABC stations, and that was for the news.

To toss in, I don't know why companies in the US aren't following the lead of Teksavvy up here in Canada. They've got a nifty program called Zap the cap, basically, you get a reduction in speed during primetime(8pm-12am), and you get unlimited on any plan you're on. If you don't want to use it, you don't have to. You also get free downloads between 2am-8am. For me, I don't use my internet during primetime, since my primetime is 12am-9am. Well I do have an idea why, you guys don't have the competition you used to. I remember when you could get DSL for $9/mo, or cable for $19/mo back before they said that incumbents no longer had to sell to 3rd parties. Up here in Canadaland we only got rid of that in the last few years.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

32. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2014, 05:10 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on May 16, 2014, 09:40:
RUMOR: Unedited Original Star Wars Trilogy Coming to Blu-Ray.

OH GOD OH GOD. CAN'T BREATHE. PAPER BAG PLEASE.

If true, I may, I say may actually buy a blu-ray player.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses
15. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 15, 2014, 04:32 Mashiki Amiketo

Cram wrote on May 15, 2014, 01:11:

Don't feed the angry trollchild with facts.
Seem to be a lot of them in this thread.

Oh and looks like they finally got the lewts fixed. I was still using 60 level gear at 70 since even legs were shit tier, and now rares and legs are finally passing my set items.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2014, 05:02.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3227 Comments. 162 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo