Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2982 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
71. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 31, 2013, 05:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Beelzebud wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 22:50:
The death of PC gaming knows no bounds.
I've been hearing about the death of PC gaming back when I started working in a retail store in '94. Every year or so, PC gaming is dying...dying...dying but it never seems to happen. Rather it keeps getting better, and stronger.

Capitan wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 05:14:
I want you Steam fans telling me why the games various community flourished in good ol' days but not now? Then it came lots of new mods, maps, games modes etc, just because game developers allowed it. Now it's really not much of that.
Look at last sentence, then previous sentence. You've answered your own question.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
44. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 30, 2013, 19:27 Mashiki Amiketo

Kosumo wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 16:24:
Hey, can everyone tell me now to freeload more, due to people wanting to put ads and make money off of thing I want to watch but not pay for.
Until advertisers stop being: Obnoxious, ensure their ads aren't malware laced, and stop autoplaying every time I open a page, and stop trying to track me all over the internet. They can shove them up their backside.

They're their own worst enemy, and have no one to blame but themselves for people blocking ads.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 30, 2013, 19:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 10:33:
Ahh man, I miss the BBS days. Used to play LORD religiously.
That alone with FRE and BRE...brb firing up gooiekablooie.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Dec 28, 2013, 20:46 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 19:28:
He seems to enjoy writing over the top stuff in the hopes that someone will spend time with him.

Will you be that someone?

Ah...you're talking about the NYT article I see. Well I'm sure not going to be that someone, but I'm sure the author of the story can find all his desires in a snuggle-bunnie outfit.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Battlefield 4 China Ban?
30. Re: Battlefield 4 China Ban? Dec 28, 2013, 08:19 Mashiki Amiketo

El Pit wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 07:26:

And the few that start political unrests get political re-education in camps as soon as they raise their heads. China is very much in control of everything, that's a lesson they learned from the Tianamen Revolt. React as soon as possible and as ruthless as possible to prevent another Tianamen incident.
Not really. You need to go spend some time at one of their universities to see exactly how much control they have. Hell the last time they tried to wipe out a fishing village, they had to back down after the international media got wind of it. And that was after trying to starve the 10k or so people out by cutting off all supplies in or out.

They have control, just not as much control as you might think. Not even among the peasant class(aka dirt farmers).

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

27. Re: Battlefield 4 China Ban? Dec 28, 2013, 06:06 Mashiki Amiketo

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 01:22:
China has leadership that restricts its population's choices and uses media control to help it remain in power.

But China isn't stupid. People who say things like that learn hard lessons.
China is stupid. Here's the key reason why: 70% of their current generation has no family prospects, no future life prospects due to the "one child" policy. That means a large swath of their population is going to see one of two things, either a war with them as cannon fodder--or massive civil unrest because they have no future prospects.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

23. Re: Battlefield 4 China Ban? Dec 27, 2013, 22:53 Mashiki Amiketo

Hellbinder wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 15:00:
Has anything china done worse than rounding up all the native americans that were left after we slaughtered them all for jesus because this was the new promised land and stuffed them onto reservations?
Yes, you just need to go browse their history. Key things include the mass slaughter of tibetan citizens and the cultural revolution come to the top of my head. You're only looking for 10 to 30 million depending on the figures, and that was in the last 70-80 years.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 18:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Jivaro wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 18:19:

Thanks for pointing that out. I picked up two copies. One for my niece and one for me. For me it was like buy one get one free since my niece had just asked me about it the other day.
Yep, I grabbed one for myself and my sister. She's already soaked in 6 hours, and hasn't made it to the coronation yet. My best run so far ended up with my princess being poisoned and dying.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 17:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Speaking of which, anyone who enjoys RPG and Sim style games should go look at Long Live the Queen on sale via steam for 10% off, but buy it from the developer it's 50% off and you can get your steam key for it here.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
42. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 26, 2013, 06:34 Mashiki Amiketo

El Pit wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 06:32:

Exactly. Evil Steam, right? And this Prime Evil GOG! Giving away the Fallout games, that I bought for about $90 a piece (import back in the day). This is outrageous! GOG is what is wrong with pc games these days! People won't buy pc games anymore, and it's GOG to be blamed for it.

Hah. I remember paying $74 here in Canada for Fallout, and that was back when I just started working in IT.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

31. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 21:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Looks like they finally got it figured out. I was able to finally do my transaction in under 10 seconds just a minute ago.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

27. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 20:01 Mashiki Amiketo

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 19:03:
Yep it was up for a bit
It's back to being dead. Well with any luck I'll be able to pick up some of the VX packs on sale. If not, I'll wait for the next sale. But I've been trying since noon to buy some stuff and I've been getting that lovely 118 error, though sometimes I see error 400!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 15:27 Mashiki Amiketo

That'd be reallllllly good, except that the steam store is down.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 16:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 15:42:
I didn't see anything I wanted so I decided to fire up my old Star Trek Online account and check out the Christmas specials.

It had 8 gigs of updates. Damn.
Ahaha. Didn't update before the new season was released I take it? The new content is pretty good btw, and if you liked the borg, hints laid out in the new content suggest there's more borg stuff coming in the future so with any luck, it'll be fun. As for the Dyson sphere stuff, I'm damn well enjoying the battleground content.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2013, 16:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Merry Christmas the lot o'ya.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Christmas Eve Legal Briefs
2. Re: Christmas Eve Legal Briefs Dec 24, 2013, 16:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Pigeon wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 15:43:
Their mistake was defrauding Chinese customers. If they had chosen targets in other countries I'm sure the government wouldn't have bothered to investigate.
Nah. China is very good at nailing your ass to the wall, unless you have money and know the right people to bribe. And bribery is how the entire country works. People like to whine and complain that Canada, US and UK are corrupt. Nothing, and I mean nothing has a patch on 3rd world corruption, where a gentle bit of money can make everything go so much better. And it doesn't even have to be in the quiet, as long as everyone gets paid.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 22, 2013, 15:57 Mashiki Amiketo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 14:38:

It is huge in the Asia/Pacific area isn't it? Cafes and what not I assume?
Yeah it's huge in APC, but cafe's aren't what they used to be in terms of driving the numbers. And with it being break time for a lot of universities too, you'll see a huge upswing in the numbers.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 21, 2013, 15:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 13:57:
Foolish protesters. According to people like Verno they deserve to be homeless and live in abject poverty and misery. Yay for social Darwinism! To hell with everyone and everything else!

Bitch, moan, complain. Of course, these people could move elsewhere to find work and become gainfully employed too. Long gone are the days of quit at 8am, find work by 10am. Of course it doesn't help that companies are abusing the visa work programs to bring in cheap labor either.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Dec 20, 2013, 16:59 Mashiki Amiketo

PHJF wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 16:11:
The new Star Wars pack for Pinball FX2 is $2.50. They are supposed to be some really fun tables.
I don't really have any complaints on any of them that's for sure, and for the most part they're fun like most of their tables. Right now my favorite is epic quest and tesla though. I kinda got burned out on the freebie table...heh.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2013, 17:03 Mashiki Amiketo

Heads up for anyone on EVE hiatus for whatever reason, they've got a 9.99 promo going on for the first month.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2982 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo