Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3295 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
49. No subject Jul 23, 2014, 18:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 17:18:
Another example of "hey, that's a problem, but look over here, there's another problem!" with a dash of "that may be a problem, but it doesn't affect me, however this problem over here does and it should also be important, how come this video game website hasn't discussed it!"
Hey look, it's a another example of: It's still a problem(and an increasing problem), with a case of there are plenty of other problems out there. And has been a longer on-going issue than the issue being discussed. Why is that people think that only their special problem is the only thing worthy of attention, especially when an issue actually effects both genders.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
4. No subject Jul 23, 2014, 18:21 Mashiki Amiketo

How can you tell a site is suffering from poor revenue? They turn to poor quality click bait like this.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
44. No subject Jul 23, 2014, 17:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 16:34:
Article on a video game site != march on Washington.

Plus, please, some time go to GDC and count the women in the "I want a job" section, then count the women in the "I have a job" section.

It's a bit shocking.
Why not check out the amount of agism in the IT industry then(not sure if it was mentioned I only skimmed the thread), I've seen exceptionally capable people who are excellent in their field be canned because they hit the "big 50" and some pretentious douche-nozzle decided that they were too old to "know what they were talking about" replacing them with someone 30 years their junior, who had no clue. And seen $100m projects fail and suffer because of it. I know two people who've filed lawsuits against the company they worked for, and said companies are under investigation not only by the labor board but two different HRC's.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
1. No subject Jul 23, 2014, 09:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Hey, hey look guys, more polygon click bait.

Let me just say, I've worked in female dominated industries that includes medium and heavy manufacturing where women are mainly harness assemblers; and men do receive the same type of harassment.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2014, 23:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Darks wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 21:35:

Yes, we all are pissed about Da2. But you cant seriously compare this game to the priors. The two look and feel completely different. If you don't see that from watching the two E3 videos, then you must be blind.
As well know, there's no such thing as heavily scripted E3 videos or anything right? I mean just look at Watch Dogs.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed
5. No subject Jul 22, 2014, 17:57 Mashiki Amiketo

More time out of the gate might improve my outlook. But after DA2, I'm still pissed off.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name
12. No subject Jul 21, 2014, 22:59 Mashiki Amiketo

SlimRam wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 22:38:
..and I have no idea what it means
It means, they're trying to stay relevant as an organization. Here's how we're going to do it. And here's some squishy marketing stuff that sounds great and make it seem Awesome(Button)!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name
8. No subject Jul 21, 2014, 21:59 Mashiki Amiketo

as the PC is no longer the most dominant gaming form factor

Despite the fact that PC gaming now pulls in more revenue than the top 3 consoles combined and is still growing...

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. No subject Jul 21, 2014, 15:58 Mashiki Amiketo

US terrorist database has more names? No surprise, bet the Obama admin has shoveled in lots of returning vets(since holder declared that ex-soldiers are terrorists), and members of the tea party along with anyone who's gotten an "improve" IRS audit.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Into the Black
8. No subject Jul 19, 2014, 00:37 Mashiki Amiketo

It's all about the pentiums baby. That' field though almost looks like it's the one for the ticats(hamilton).

djinn wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 16:45:
Awesome. I'm glad someone educated him on monetising vids on the net. As much as I hate that word. Vaguely remember his last stuff being leaked early, so this was the best possible way to do it.
Yep, and he released don't steal this song. And told everyone to steal it.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2014, 00:48.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
45. No subject Jul 17, 2014, 17:07 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 13:58:

Are there bad teachers and corrupt officials and waste? Sure, but no more so than any other industry. And unlike private corporations, there's much transparency on DOE budgets, so these abuses can be ferreted out.
No I'm sadly not postulating a hypothetical situation that doesn't exist. I've been involved in two investigations where I live here in Ontario into this already. And we don't exactly have "corporate edumudcation companies" in Canada.

As for much transparency? No, no there isn't. Seen the CRA(that's the equivalent of the IRS), launch investigations up here on various boards for "losing" tax information already. Want another example of a board of education that's insane? Try the TDSB I personally liked the $143 to install pencil sharpeners myself. And the $1500 to install a basketball backboard.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2014, 17:13.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2014, 16:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Verno wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 14:48:
PSN is unfortunately shitting the bed at the moment, Sony needs to stop partnering with Rackspace this shit is getting ridiculous with every big game launch taking down the auth and other servers.

And people whine about Steam...when summer sales hit. *Snork*

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
4. No subject Jul 17, 2014, 16:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Surprised it's not F2P yet.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

34. No subject Jul 17, 2014, 06:26 Mashiki Amiketo

The average class size when I was in grade school was 32. In middle school it was 31, in highschool we hit an astounding 47. And yet we managed to pull through just fine.

And I'll bet that if you go look at the trustees at the board of education they'll be pulling in 100k-250k plus.

Yep not surprised at the refusal to retake a grade bit, after all, the schools have long since gone from a competitive environment to one where "everyone is a winnar" right? Ask your wife about it, she should have plenty to say on that one. Remember that's policy, and in many places it was forced through not by the boards, but by the teachers and PTA. And then the boards ran with it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

30. No subject Jul 16, 2014, 23:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 18:56:
It's fashionable amongst some people to blame teachers exclusively, because, you know, they should be able to teach kids whose families don't emphasize education.

We have more poverty, and a different kind of poverty, than most other nations, including Canada. We have more poverty amongst people that don't think there's a way out of poverty and don't emphasize education. When a parent doesn't, a kid will never pay attention to a teacher. If a kid doesn't pay attention to a teacher, he'll never get out of poverty (not that it's easy, even if he does.)

I'd believe that, if I didn't know several teachers first hand who've gone at great lengths to explain where all this money goes. And it's not into education, but rather to the boards for luxury items, including get-aways, trips, "conferences" and so on.

There is no shortage of lazy teachers. I experienced that one first hand back in high school over a decade ago. Where the teacher didn't teach, neglected students except pet-favorites. Needless to say 90% of the class failed, interestingly enough they were fired right after that year. They'd been teaching for 15 years.

As for poverty, considering what my parents went through the poverty of today is nothing of the sort. All you're saying is: "it's a different kind of tough." And if people regardless of circumstance are unwilling to work past it, they have no one to blame but themselves.

jdreyer wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 21:54:

Goddammit Beam, what did I tell you about that making sense thing? Corrupt lazy teachers just feels right in my gut, so it must be true!
So you're saying that when teachers blow off teaching and simply drop a textbook in front of a kid and say "there ya go, learn it." They're not being lazy? When they don't show up for a class and let no one know, they're also not being lazy. And when boards blow money that's supposed to go to say...new library systems on $250k trips for "education training" in a nice far away tropical location they're not corrupt?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica Released
3. No subject Jul 16, 2014, 23:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Can be grabbed on GMG for $4USD with code P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

23. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 18:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 14:47:
This study does not take into account other places. U.S. falling behind 17th and 20th percentiles for reading/writing. Its time to up the defense budget to 80% to make those numbers really shine.
Considering the amount of money thrown into education in the US, I'm pretty sure there's something else going on. Like pure laziness of teachers and massive corruption. Statistically, in Canada much like the US the amount of money per-student has done nothing but increase. And the amount per-student is above sometimes 10x as much per year, as compared to 50 years ago.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 09:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Pigeon wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 09:06:
Wow, what a rip off, I only ask Blue to give me $2,000 to leave comments... still waiting on my check...
Mine is only $250...damn it...

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver
6. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver Jul 13, 2014, 17:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Slick wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 16:59:
ever since the last RC which I did for watch_dogs, my 280x has been scrypt mining at 100-200Kh lower than normal, wonder if this will fix it.
Depends, did you file a bug report on that?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. No subject Jul 13, 2014, 17:07 Mashiki Amiketo

Ofcourse the dirty little bit on this is, even if I use the southpark.nl bit I get "not available" so it redirects you, and the of course it's still not available from the main site. Big ol' FUCK YOU to anyone not living in the US apparently.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3295 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo