Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2815 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Sep 30, 2013, 11:03 Mashiki Amiketo

QTE's, making games even easier than leading a mouse to cheese.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 29, 2013, 07:19 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 20:54:
password locks or not, there are quite a few game apps out there that purposely are designed to get as much money as possible from you as easily as possible.
Yeah, still not seeing a problem here. If it's not illegal, then I couldn't care less. And ethical, meh. Ethical comes down to each persons opinion.

Frijoles wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 23:31:
Many years ago, my parents used to lock us (their kids) out of HBO when I was young. My brother found the password or guessed it or something, and shared it with me. Many R rated movies were to be had. These days we would have emptied their bank account.

I don't trust apps anymore because of all the shit they want you to buy and how aggressive they are with it. They don't even let you buy the game anymore so you can ignore it. And if you forget just that one time and let your guard down, BAM.. $1500 in charges for some shitty pixels. My kids do not have my password to the store. They have app purchases turned off. And I've completely removed them from the network. But I sure as hell still worry about it.

Yeah, didn't have that problem with my parents. I simply asked them for what I wanted to watch, R rated or not. It all comes down to teaching your kids to ask for something instead of them beleiving that they should go behind your back.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 28, 2013, 20:45 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 16:43:
Difference is a kid can't go up to the supermarket machines and just push a button and mommy and daddy's credit card is credited, or their phone carrier accounts.
Password locks? No device tying? Not really difficult to figure out.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 28, 2013, 15:22 Mashiki Amiketo

So does that mean they're going to remove gumball machines, and ride-type toys at supermarkets, and malls? After all those encourage children to buy, ride, or enjoy themselves too.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > EVE Online: Rubicon Announced
1. Re: EVE Online: Rubicon Announced Sep 27, 2013, 18:23 Mashiki Amiketo

Tasty. Almost enough for me to start playing again, even though I don't have the spare time.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2013, 12:48 Mashiki Amiketo

So...guys, X-Rebirth is on for $37.50 on GMG, promokey: GMG25-J4B0D-FLH8M  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
42. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 25, 2013, 10:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 07:28:
Brad would have not have dropped the lawsuit if he didn't have some risk of losing against her.

Not even remotely true to anyone who pays attention to the justice system these days. In most cases, it's easier to make something "go away" then it is to let it be dragged through the streets for years, even if you're in the right. Several fine examples of this are *insert various people/businesses* who pay *insert money* because the legal fees are ridiculous.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2013, 10:53 Mashiki Amiketo

None. It can't even keep their own peacekeepers from raping.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
25. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 23:08 Mashiki Amiketo

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 22:56:

Look, grab your joystick and go shoot the bad robot, adults are talking.

Sorry that's sexually nuanced, and as such sexual harassment.

: /sarc

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2013, 17:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Simon Says wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 12:49:
If you look at the grand scheme of things yes, but of course if you have so narrow a view that you haven't even read the thing, then yeah, LYFAO'away ;).
Really? How come it only survives with massive Feed in Tariffs(FIT programs). Nuclear is the most affordable way to go, though it's not nearly so clean. And of course, "clean energy" requires a lot of really dirty manufacturing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 17:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeah I'm not surprised on GTAV, my buddy who works at a walmart part time in the electronics section said that they'd already sold out of every copy the store had. They got a shipment in of 450 units(for a city of ~40k), gone in the first 4 days inc. preorders. 250 as a second shipment, sold out 2 days after that. Next shipment is supposed to be 600 units and there's already 250 rainchecks.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 20:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 17:49:

*snip*

Says the person who uses the most biased, and uniformed crap on the internet to try proving their point, and on the flip side proves mine just fine.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 16:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 16:01:

Hey, don't knock social justice. It's important. Just because some assholes are shrill loons that go out of their way to be incensed and outraged by every little PC thing doesn't mean social justice is a bad thing.
Justice, is important. Social justice is about "feelings" and "perceived ills." So no, it's not important, unless your ideal version of law and order is what the mob says.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

40. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2013, 15:24 Mashiki Amiketo

mag wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 13:13:
I probably wouldn't build a machine without one these days, but the SSD-for-boot-drive hype is overblown. Maybe I just don't reboot my PC often enough, but I didn't really notice a lick of difference when I switched.

On the other hand, doing heavy data analysis on an SSD is quite a bit nicer.
I'm using a first generation SSD(OCZ vertex) now running 4 years, and with windows 8 and the hybrid boot, I'm probably seeing a total boot post UEFI of about 4-7 seconds. I can post a boot trace for anyone interested. Myself, I shut down my rig when I'm done using it for the day. With Windows 7, I was right around 10seconds when it was on UEFI. I don't have any extra room on my SSD to make a partition right now, but if I did I'd be happy to post the benches on both.

I kinda wish I'd bought another SSD earlier in the year before there was a shortage of chips, causing the price to rise. They were getting down and under the $0.70/GB(I did see a few times the cost w/rebates as low as .40/GB) cost with rebates at more than one time. And to think, that it wasn't all that long ago we were looking at .50/MB heh.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 15:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 12:02:

Thread over?
With loonbats and "social justice" it's never over, they simply want you to capitulate more.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD WHQL & Beta Drivers
14. Re: New AMD WHQL & Beta Drivers Sep 20, 2013, 15:13 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 03:56:
Cutter hold off on that. Go for the 7950 cards as they are only slightly more expensive and are well worth the entry price. I have also heard good things about the Nvidia 760 series.
Between the two, the 760 and 7950 there isn't a huge difference, though the 7950 will actually beat the 760 in most cases there's only a 5% difference w/the radeon winning on texel rates(AF). The prices are identical as well(or depending on rebates/sales), and the 7950 is more power hungry, but with the dual fan cooling solution on the sapphire job I've got I don't even hear it running really, even with the fan at 50%. And my PC is on my desk about 2ft away.

There's a review here though as it says in the article, it comes down to what you want and the features on the card. If you have a mobo w an extra PCI-E slot, slap a cheap ass nvidia card in just for physx--I'm currently using a 520 silent made by Asus until my 560ti comes back from evga. And these are the theoretical comparisons. Anyway Cutter, enjoy whichever you pick out. Chris at CC London and I picked away at it for a good 30mins on a slow day and ran a bunch of benches, couldn't really find much difference either. But I did get damned as tired of the shoddy nvidia drives that have been coming out for the last 6mo, and AMD's seem to be above the bar for a change, at least compared to when I owned my last card which would have been about 5 years ago.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New Tropico 4 DLC
1. Re: New Tropico 4 DLC Sep 19, 2013, 21:56 Mashiki Amiketo

It seems that the particle bug with fires/smoke/etc has been fixed as well. Mileage may vary and all that.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD WHQL & Beta Drivers
9. Re: New AMD WHQL & Beta Drivers Sep 19, 2013, 20:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:57:
I like Sapphire a lot - my last 2 cards - but I'm thinking the ASUS card is better - and it's 10 bux cheaper to boot.
I went with a 7950(Sapphire) myself, at CC though I was looking at the one in the first link heavily--the only thing that caught me was there was an open-box 7950 return for 20% off so I ended up paying $254w/tax--this was a week or three ago. On the upside, it doesn't matter which way you go CC still has some free radeon gaming cards. And on the otherside, there's already been one price drop on the cards.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 13, 2013, 22:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 21:52:
I don't understand how other people committing crimes in other countries fall under the purview of the American legal system.
What's even more fun is when the letter agencies are committing crimes in other countries, and aren't prosecuted for it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2013, 15:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Hey Blue, didn't you say a while back that you had a near lightening strike? Can't quite remember, but from personal experience where my house wasn't struck, but the one across the street was...even that effected the components in an older PC and caused them to fail in a way similar to what you're describing.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2815 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo