Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2811 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Arkham Games Ditch GFWL
32. Re: Arkham Games Ditch GFWL Oct 18, 2013, 04:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Dev wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 02:51:
Well with the new directx requiring windows 8.1, wouldn't surprise me if MS started sponsoring games if they require that crap. More shoehorning ahead.
Meh. The new DX has less features than the update of OGL from 3.0 to 3.1. And what it "does" do, is already covered via drivers from both AMD and nVidia. And really the "tiled resource" isn't anywhere near as good as AMD's mantle system.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Character Creation Trailer
6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Character Creation Trailer Oct 18, 2013, 04:51 Mashiki Amiketo

Ludomancer wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 02:38:
Not just this game. The entire game industry has been retardedly-hooked on "idle animations" for WAY too long. Motherfuckers cannot stand still, it's just too "unrealistic".

Uh...I don't know anyone who doesn't breath in real life anyway. And since the zombie apocolypse isn't upon us, there are indeed people who are "animated in life" too. Really if you get that bent out of shape over idle animations, then grab a book.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Arkham Games Ditch GFWL
28. Re: Arkham Games Ditch GFWL Oct 18, 2013, 01:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Dev wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 00:06:
Undoubtedly its something with win 8.1 and xBone. Probably something along the lines of "you upgrade to 8.1 or you can't even play the games we sponsor"
Considering the lack of support for GFWL, not only from developers but gamers I'm surprised that it lasted as long as it did. It's easy to shoehorn people into something when it's your market, but when the market is what people decide they want to put up with, then things change quickly.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Character Creation Trailer
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Character Creation Trailer Oct 18, 2013, 01:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 01:28:
Do they all need to look like they're having an asthma attack? I can see they still haven't fixed their cheesy animations.
Considering it's still beta? Not too worried about it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 11, 2013, 16:27 Mashiki Amiketo

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 14:50:
Those smart chip-enabled "tap and go" cards are the WORST thing ever...
Those are RFID, not chipped. Two different things altogether, we have both up here in Canada. RFID is limited to $50, and chipped requires a pin.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 15:55 Mashiki Amiketo

I tossed a link up a few days ago, for Xcom:EW for $26.99 it includes a $4 cashback or $6 GMG credit. If you can't stand $22.99 or $20.99 well that's your problem.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Beta Patch
4. Re: Total War: ROME II Beta Patch Oct 6, 2013, 07:55 Mashiki Amiketo

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 20:22:
Is this ready to play yet?
The game was ready to play at release. Some people weren't happy with how it was at release though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Oct 3, 2013, 23:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Heads up, GMG has Xcom: Enemy Within for 10% off plus a $4 cashback, or $6 GMG credit. Making the total $22.99 or 20.99 depending.

Fek. I'm gonna get those prices right...eventually, damn pain meds.

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2013, 23:33.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 15:19 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 14:58:
I feel bad for that Lavabit guy, shutting down his entire business rather than give the gov't carte blanche.
Says something about the FBI in general. If they can force a private company to try and do this, it means that nearly all SSL certificates aren't worth anything.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 13:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Gee there Red Cross, most gamers not only have plenty of disposable income, but regularly donate to worthy causes. I guess they really want to tick people off so their donation pool dry's up.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC Next Week
11. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC Next Week Oct 3, 2013, 13:39 Mashiki Amiketo

For those that want this, and don't have x-com: EU yet, Amazon has it on for $24.99 for both.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > CD Projekt RED/ Dark Horse Fantasy Game Teased
3. Re: CD Projekt RED/ Dark Horse Fantasy Game Teased Oct 3, 2013, 13:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 13:23:
Urm... Finish Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk first, k? plz? How many games are you guys going to be working on simultaneously?
Well if they're getting close to finishing out Witcher 3 or the cyberpunk game, Witcher 3 which is supposed to be out next year(probably early), and the Cyberpunk game in 2015. This shouldn't be too much of a surprise. Better that they have new contracts lined up to keep them working, instead of floundering and the studio going under.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Warlock 2: The Exiled Announced
6. Re: Warlock 2: The Exiled Announced Oct 3, 2013, 13:34 Mashiki Amiketo

I haven't had a chance to play the first one yet. Well I'm sure that I'll have some free time the next 3 months while on vacation.

Oh someone was looking for a new videocard. Newegg has the XFX Double D 7950 on for $194/w rebate. Includes 4 games.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 16:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 13:42:
Fuck a duck! That's scary about Sysco. Virtually every restaurant uses them to a greater or lesser degree. If all of that is true the US and Canadian governments need to step in and kick some major ass pronto!

I'm not really surprised at this. Not in the least, I had friends who worked at Sysco who complained about this over a decade ago and were ignored by inspectors. I've lost touch with said friends, most are in western canada now driving for the oil patch. But, anyone who knows someone in the transportation industry whether it be food, chemicals, or even raw materials will tell you that "shady shit" does indeed go on, and it doesn't matter where or what.

But according to the report officials on both sides of the border are now investigating, which is good.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Beta
3. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Beta Oct 1, 2013, 00:09 Mashiki Amiketo

What is this? I don't even know...  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 30, 2013, 11:03 Mashiki Amiketo

Fake reviews? Look at my product, 1 trillion reviews. This comment is rated 11 stars out of 10!  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Sep 30, 2013, 11:03 Mashiki Amiketo

QTE's, making games even easier than leading a mouse to cheese.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 29, 2013, 07:19 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 20:54:
password locks or not, there are quite a few game apps out there that purposely are designed to get as much money as possible from you as easily as possible.
Yeah, still not seeing a problem here. If it's not illegal, then I couldn't care less. And ethical, meh. Ethical comes down to each persons opinion.

Frijoles wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 23:31:
Many years ago, my parents used to lock us (their kids) out of HBO when I was young. My brother found the password or guessed it or something, and shared it with me. Many R rated movies were to be had. These days we would have emptied their bank account.

I don't trust apps anymore because of all the shit they want you to buy and how aggressive they are with it. They don't even let you buy the game anymore so you can ignore it. And if you forget just that one time and let your guard down, BAM.. $1500 in charges for some shitty pixels. My kids do not have my password to the store. They have app purchases turned off. And I've completely removed them from the network. But I sure as hell still worry about it.

Yeah, didn't have that problem with my parents. I simply asked them for what I wanted to watch, R rated or not. It all comes down to teaching your kids to ask for something instead of them beleiving that they should go behind your back.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 28, 2013, 20:45 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 16:43:
Difference is a kid can't go up to the supermarket machines and just push a button and mommy and daddy's credit card is credited, or their phone carrier accounts.
Password locks? No device tying? Not really difficult to figure out.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 28, 2013, 15:22 Mashiki Amiketo

So does that mean they're going to remove gumball machines, and ride-type toys at supermarkets, and malls? After all those encourage children to buy, ride, or enjoy themselves too.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2811 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo