Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3269 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. No subject Aug 3, 2014, 19:42 Mashiki Amiketo

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 18:45:

Of course, I haven't played (mostly because of these kinds of things I keep reading), but it's what people have been saying. What do you guys say?

A lot of stupid shit like "destoy this to get past" well yeah there's some of that, but it also means you're not stuck going only in one direction to get somewhere. You can bypass a bunch of tough stuff if you don't have the party to handle it for example. And rps, well there's no easy way to get around it. Either you make it a game of some kind for headbutting, or you base it all on rolls vs an attribute. I prefer rps vs rolls.

The thing about people saying that it "it feels like filler" is probably because there's a large gap after the first 1/3 of the story before you get back into the main storyline. So if you're not paying attention you feel lost. I finished my first playthrough a few days ago(87hrs) and I missed several quests, so regardless it was worth the money.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
23. No subject Aug 3, 2014, 05:13 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 01:20:
That's a common phenomena and directly attributable to the school system and a societies values... in the end you want people not to do what your cousins do, you have to offer them a future that consists of more than just working and family. Let's face it, life is not there to be working 40 years of it and then when you are old and fucked up trying to enjoy life with your broken down and sick or just plain OLD body.

This entire society actually makes me sick. But it seems we are on a good way to a 3rd world war anyway.

See this is the whole thing, you want them to do something other than being a shut in. But I just posted that kids need to realize that the world isn't a comfy little place. When parents, school, and society teach them that they should be coddled, they have no idea what's in store for them out there in the real world. But until we hit a point where "working is optional" your idea won't work.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. No subject Aug 2, 2014, 22:52 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 22:20:
Your argument is basically "children are like adults and should learn like adults" which is absurd. I won't even comment further on that To me, children are worth to be protected from the evil asshole world. Because a child committing suicide may really not see a way out. Something an adult with a goal in life might see different. The real problem is that schools pump out brain-dead zombies who think working is the only reason of existence for a human being. And those same people vote the radical batshit insane crazies in power.

So basically, when can we nuke this planet? ^^
Well, I have two cousins who were brought up that way. Where are they now? Sitting at their parents home, in their 30's never had a job, afraid of going outside, and basically hiding from society.

So yeah, my argument basically boils down to: The world is a nasty place, you have to face it sometime.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
10. No subject Aug 2, 2014, 21:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 19:27:
RadioShack didn't change because they forgot what they were, they changed because that electronic hobbyist market wasn't growing, was actually shrinking, and wasn't enough to sustain them. How many people do you know that are "electronics hobbyists?" ...

Really? I guess that explains why there are hobbyists stores popping up all over Canada, and have been doing so for the last decade. There's two in my town of ~30k people, both make money hand over fist. The next major city near me has 8 stores dedicated to electronic hobbyists.

People left radioshack behind, because radioshack became overpriced and had no material to buy that was relevant for them. Hell here in Canada, they're called "the source" now and act more like a retail outlet for cellphones, TV's and dvd players. Selling exactly the same stuff that walmart does at 30% extra cost.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. No subject Aug 2, 2014, 21:13 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 19:25:
Because it's the job of a society to protect the weakest... what kind of argument is "then don't use it" .. that can only come from someone with ZERO understanding of children. If that kinda logic would work on them the world would be a better place indeed....

Really? I thought it was the idea of learning to stand up on your own, and make important life decisions and being able to grow that was important. But I guess if you want to coddle people, and bury them in safety blankets. Then one day they can experience the whole evil, nasty, asshole world and then get triggered by it, that's okay too.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delayed?
17. No subject Aug 2, 2014, 00:29 Mashiki Amiketo

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 00:16:
I think the regular price will be $29-39.
That'd be my guess, Divinity: OS was $39 and you could find it cheaper in the $25 range if you looked a bit.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On the Legality of "Code Stripping"
1. No subject Jul 31, 2014, 09:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Obviously the solutions are: Sell regionally, with a reasonable price. None of this, it's $39 pounds here, 21 euro's there, and $19 in North America. And people won't want to find cheaper copies.

This is of course coming after the "revolution" of digital distribution, you know the thing that was supposed to make games cheaper. Except they're still the same as retail boxed, and in rare cases sometimes even more expensive. Digital distribution, cutting out the middle man(sometimes several) and you're selling at the same price as 10 years ago; and retailers, publishers, and developers wonder why people are looking for cheaper copies.

As for it being legal? Couldn't care even if it wasn't. I've been buying games long enough to remember when it was $79-89 in Canada, half that in the US and the excuse was "distribution and exchange."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2014, 01:15 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 23:23:
I have never beaten the boss in FTL. Not. Once. 10/10
Beaten the one pre-update maybe 3-4 times out of 40 games. Haven't beaten the new and improved boss even once. 10/10 is damn right.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
25. No subject Jul 30, 2014, 19:35 Mashiki Amiketo

1badmf wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 18:48:
people still blame the victim in sexual assaults? is that still a thing? guess we haven't moved forward as far as i'd hoped. stephen a smith was just suspended by espn for a week for the same thing.
Crime triangle, it still works. Remove one element, and the crime will not happen. Shocking!

Let me know when you develop a method for preventing crimes that involves a single party.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
9. No subject Jul 30, 2014, 01:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Mass Effect 4*: With Magic and Swords.

*Red, Green, Blue ending coming in DLC.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2014, 16:08 Mashiki Amiketo

LittleMe wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 15:39:
The road to hell is paved with good intentions... Net Neutrality can do a lot of damage to the Internet. And classifying the Internet as a utility would be even worse. But the control freak in us wants it of course.
Considering that the internet as it is has become essential to day-to-day life for quite a few people and will only continue to move that way, classifying it as a utility is going to happen.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2014, 06:07 Mashiki Amiketo

harlock wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 00:01:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 20:25:
John Romero's about to make consoles his bitch.

i thought he already made some russian mail order bride his bitch
In Soviet Russia, mail order bride makes you the bitch!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. No subject Jul 25, 2014, 13:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Well they banned Congress, but they haven't gotten around to banning Russia for astroturfing and propaganda yet.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > 2K's BioShock Tease?
14. No subject Jul 24, 2014, 16:25 Mashiki Amiketo

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 15:49:
You don't want to play the F2P tower defense mobile game SHODAN Showdown? It has facebook connectivity and microtransactions and everything.
Sounds like their dungeon keeper game. Full of fucking everyone over.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
49. No subject Jul 23, 2014, 18:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 17:18:
Another example of "hey, that's a problem, but look over here, there's another problem!" with a dash of "that may be a problem, but it doesn't affect me, however this problem over here does and it should also be important, how come this video game website hasn't discussed it!"
Hey look, it's a another example of: It's still a problem(and an increasing problem), with a case of there are plenty of other problems out there. And has been a longer on-going issue than the issue being discussed. Why is that people think that only their special problem is the only thing worthy of attention, especially when an issue actually effects both genders.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
4. No subject Jul 23, 2014, 18:21 Mashiki Amiketo

How can you tell a site is suffering from poor revenue? They turn to poor quality click bait like this.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
44. No subject Jul 23, 2014, 17:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 16:34:
Article on a video game site != march on Washington.

Plus, please, some time go to GDC and count the women in the "I want a job" section, then count the women in the "I have a job" section.

It's a bit shocking.
Why not check out the amount of agism in the IT industry then(not sure if it was mentioned I only skimmed the thread), I've seen exceptionally capable people who are excellent in their field be canned because they hit the "big 50" and some pretentious douche-nozzle decided that they were too old to "know what they were talking about" replacing them with someone 30 years their junior, who had no clue. And seen $100m projects fail and suffer because of it. I know two people who've filed lawsuits against the company they worked for, and said companies are under investigation not only by the labor board but two different HRC's.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
1. No subject Jul 23, 2014, 09:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Hey, hey look guys, more polygon click bait.

Let me just say, I've worked in female dominated industries that includes medium and heavy manufacturing where women are mainly harness assemblers; and men do receive the same type of harassment.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2014, 23:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Darks wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 21:35:

Yes, we all are pissed about Da2. But you cant seriously compare this game to the priors. The two look and feel completely different. If you don't see that from watching the two E3 videos, then you must be blind.
As well know, there's no such thing as heavily scripted E3 videos or anything right? I mean just look at Watch Dogs.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed
5. No subject Jul 22, 2014, 17:57 Mashiki Amiketo

More time out of the gate might improve my outlook. But after DA2, I'm still pissed off.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3269 Comments. 164 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo