Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3696 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed
23. No subject Mar 18, 2015, 05:04 Mashiki Amiketo

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 20:54:
Yeah, watching a bit more, looking forward to the 27th. +1 day just to make sure there isn't something crippling.
Ah hell with it, if I could play it two days early and still lose my saves or have something universally game breaking I'd be okay with that. Serious lack of RPG's and now we're swimming in them...it's delicious, and tastes of mint chocolate icecream.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
40. No subject Mar 18, 2015, 05:02 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 03:25:
I kind of ignored the development of this, lets hope it turns out better than Divinity. Divinity had some great combat mechanics but the story and characters were bland sauce, couldnt keep my attention for that long.
I enjoyed the hell out of Divinity, probably because I was looking for a new cRPG to play. There was a shortage of story without a doubt, but considering there's been a year long delay for PoE, I'm expecting something epic.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
5. No subject Mar 17, 2015, 10:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Axis wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 10:43:
Still no trial, and my last impression was "meh" during beta. Passing...
Same. When I played it in the beta, I had to push blindingly hard to get through even the very start, it felt like someone was peeling skin off by back it was so bad. Later on, I wasn't impressed either. There is a need for a new MMO out there, but making wow-clones and then smearing it with shit isn't going to do the job.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed
6. No subject Mar 17, 2015, 10:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 10:30:
All I can say is after a year long delay this thing better effing rock like Mr. Spock!
I have a feeling that this will be the RPG of our time. Just a feeling...

Obsidian has always been good at one thing, and that's creating beautiful RPG experiences that are memorable. I don't think this one will be any different.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
12. No subject Mar 17, 2015, 04:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 00:15:
Uh, I do realize. For one, gamergater isn't a protected class. For another, if indeed.com bans your account for being a dick they aren't blacklisting you.

You have no clue how insignificant a job retweeter is nor what a blacklist is.

This is why you guys can be so hard to be kind to. You let your insane conspiracy theories and hurt feelings turn trivial things into massive, illegal affronts. Sorry, you're really far off base in assuming even one person will lose a job due to this retweeter using a list to block people it does not want to talk to.
Members of gamergate are a protected class. Also said blacklist, or even blocks fall afoul of a variety of laws in other countries outside the US. I'm sure it's a big shock to realize that gamergate is not a "US only" group of people. So with that, said retweeter, using said blacklist is illegal in a variety of places.

I'm sure that you'll now also be surprised that the creator of the blockbot, is scrambling like mad after it was pointed out that what it does is illegal in the UK. So, in the end, the only person that's off base here is you. There's no conspiracy theory, only facts. Gamergate doesn't need conspiracy theories, it has evidence and facts to back up what it says. That probably has to do with many people have an autism level of over 9000, and have zero problem digging at something for days to figure out what/where/how it's all connected.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
10. No subject Mar 16, 2015, 22:15 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 18:39:
Seriously, it's a bot that retreats job postings. It's is one resource of a few billion. And it isn't a blacklist. You can find those jobs in other places. You need neither twitter nor that account to apply to them.

To call that being blacklisted, or to think it hurts job prospects, or to call it discrimination, is so far distorting what those words mean.
You realize in the world of law, when you offer a specific tool for job hunting, and said ownership of tool uses something that blocks people because they're "not the right kind of people" that is a blacklist right? It doesn't matter if there are alternatives, it is illegal in many places to do such. In turn it is discrimination, simply because it doesn't fit your view of it; doesn't matter.

Here's a question, do you know what criteria is used to get on said blacklist; and let's call it what it is...since that's how it was originally named until the author of said list had it pointed out that it was illegal. That is: Following someone they don't like, or saying things that don't fit into their sphere of "social justice."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Rise of the Triad (2013) Giveaway on GOG.com
1. No subject Mar 16, 2015, 13:32 Mashiki Amiketo

FYI ~13000 copies left.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
1. No subject Mar 16, 2015, 11:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Don't worry guys...that blockbot really isn't a blacklist(which is why it was originally named 'blacklist')...  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
42. No subject Mar 14, 2015, 00:22 Mashiki Amiketo

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 19:35:
If you like city builder games, just buy this one, it won't disappoint.
Check out GMG they have a deal going on
Well grabbed it for $21, so yeah that was pretty good. I love city builders, so with luck this one will scratch that itch. I'll give it a go later on, I'm still working through Valkyria Chronicles.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
18. No subject Mar 13, 2015, 18:33 Mashiki Amiketo

So I take it that this is a "buy it" game? I looked at it a couple of times, but haven't been sure on grabbing it.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten
37. No subject Mar 12, 2015, 20:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Hell I'll just keep buying keys from places like Brazil and Mexico then. I can save 30-50% just on the exchange rate. If they want piracy to increase, they're going about it the right way.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
1. No subject Mar 12, 2015, 09:53 Mashiki Amiketo

I'll await the independent audit there Derek. After all, we already know how it goes when an organization investigates itself. There's a reason why companies and governments use things like KPMG.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten
1. No subject Mar 12, 2015, 09:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Surprise right? People want to buy stuff cheap, and many people know that in the land of digital distribution that said companies are raking them over the coals.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
30. No subject Mar 12, 2015, 07:43 Mashiki Amiketo

Two days later...waiting on said article still. At this point, I'm going to say you can't find something.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
39. No subject Mar 12, 2015, 07:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Krovven wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 13:38:
I'm sorry. What law would that be? As for the rest, you can say all those things but it doesn't make them true. Post facts.
That would be the law saying a takedown notice is required to be followed through, then refused to remove it(tip gawker did the same thing). Lie, like the stuff against Brad wardell(false sexual harassment case), run said smear campaign against same person and others. I can dig up the names if you really want to see it.

And up until december of last year they refused to operate under any disclosure rules at all. You know like: "I'm shacked up with the person I'm writing about...and so on." You can thank gamergate for that one, along with the affiliate disclosure policy being updated.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
30. No subject Mar 11, 2015, 07:51 Mashiki Amiketo

Krovven wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 01:26:
Since when is that considered a bad thing?
Since they decided to: Not follow the law, lie, run smear campaigns, refused to operate under any form of disclosure, and so on.

Oh and apparently they tried really hard to push back against the affiliate link disclosure policy that was updated. You know the said disclosure policy that everyone else updated to.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. No subject Mar 10, 2015, 23:18 Mashiki Amiketo

For those wanting type-0 and all that apparently there's a rumor going around that it, and ffx are coming to the PC.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
25. No subject Mar 10, 2015, 19:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 19:37:
This article has 17,000 views. You really think that those came from other Gawker sites?

It has 115 comments. How many BluesNews topics have hit that in the past 12 months? There are stories from a few hours today with almost 300 comments.

I don't read Kotaku. Not a fan. But I don't get why some people here are so unwilling to admit a popular site is popular.
Going by their own metrics data roughly 50-60% of their views come from within the kotaku network itself.

By the way remember when /. on average used to have 300+ comments on a regular day, with a non-popular topic? Remember what happened when Rob left, and then they were sold to an advertising/holdings company. The same thing is going on with Kotaku. FYI Kotaku and Gawker are two different ownership groups.

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 18:32:
So there's a lot of crossover between Kotaku and Jezebel?
Or one of the other dozen or so child sites.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
22. No subject Mar 10, 2015, 18:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 18:12:
Not all gamers are you. Which is why kotaku is having record unique views and why it's probably the most popular game news site.
Right, they're the most popular "casual" game site. And their unique views are generated by round-robin cross-linking articles from their child sites, which gives them lots of unique impressions. That of course isn't helping them, much like it's not helping Gawker who is running around looking for venture capitalists to give them more money.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
28. No subject Mar 9, 2015, 22:55 Mashiki Amiketo

So pointing out that they've actually made articles as such, is now hyperbolic? I'm also still waiting for that article.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3696 Comments. 185 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo