Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2815 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 3, 2013, 14:38 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 09:55:

heh. It could hit 9.4 by next year! Whoo?

What's funny is it actually has a higher market share than vista over the same time period. Besides the fundamental UI problem, the guts are better in 8/8.1 as long as nothing you either use, or make has a problem with it. Sadly my dev copy of gamemaker pro has some serious issues, especially with the way the sound drivers were fsked around with, causing it to crash. Sadly I'm not the only one with that problem, lot of JP blogs report the same issue, and there's no fix down the pipe.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Hate your friendsí Facebook posts? Now you can unfollow them. Dec 3, 2013, 14:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Axis wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 11:50:
Obamacare. Doesn't work on the web worth a crap, and won't work in execution. You think 7.5 million healthy young are going to choose to get covered? hilarious, Obama knew that answer too.

Next step single payer MORE govt or repeal.
Don't worry a lot of the public are going to lose the insurance they had in the first place. Last count was 80-100m people, seems like a brilliant idea. My buddy in Alaska saw his premium jump 680%, and his sister in Flordia along with her hubby saw theirs jump 1240%. Yep, brillllllllliant!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2013, 10:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Very nice Blue.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 3, 2013, 10:39 Mashiki Amiketo

If healthcare.gov is fixed(for the vast majority), then I'm sure it's alllllll true. Never mind that every story, report, and article since it was "fixed" still screams "it's broken."  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 2, 2013, 21:30 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 21:19:

Saw that - came close to pulling the trigger, but I have no idea when I'd get around to playing it. Too much other stuff right now...

Yeah same here, I think I'll wait for the christmas type sales, got 30 odd games in the backlog to play, and a bunch from last year I haven't yet finished.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 1, 2013, 15:25 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 14:43:
How exactly are you going to enforce a ban on 3D gun printing?
By shaking their fist at it? Remember Chicago banned private gun ownership...and see how that turned out.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 1, 2013, 15:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Toronto: Centre of the universe.

As shown by the people, what they do, and what they believe.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers
13. Re: Op Ed Nov 29, 2013, 18:29 Mashiki Amiketo

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 18:22:
Derp. I am running them. Are you implying AMD/ATI does not have driver issues? Now that is a laugh.

The only one who's implied that AMD/ATI doesn't have driver issues so far is you. So feel free to laugh on that, much like your post of nonsense about "no recent drivers" which was also incorrect.

But hey, you want to run to nvidia that's your own choice. I bailed 2ish months ago from nvidia to amd because of horrendous driver issues that have been on-going since 293. My personal favorite was the 310's I believe it was causing hardlocks across all 400, 500, and 600 series cards.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers
10. Re: Op Ed Nov 29, 2013, 18:10 Mashiki Amiketo

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 16:02:
Still waiting on new AMD drivers. *Looks around* I believe this will be my last AMD/ATI card for awhile.
Derp. Last beta drivers were releases 7 days ago.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
52. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2013, 23:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 19:40:
Are you using a US address, Mash? That's what I'm doing.
Yeah, I'm using my address for my place in Florida(Zephyrhills) and it won't work. Gives me a "unable to purchase" type nonsense. Which is fsked up, because when I'm in the US and I want something shipped there, it works just fine.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
37. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2013, 19:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 17:51:
Oh snap! Batman Arkham Origins is on Amazon atm for $20! Annnnd SOLD!
Sadly it wouldn't take my canuck CC. I'm going to have to take a trip back over to the US soon and get my US CC replaced so I can buy stuff like this. Ah well, shit happens and all that. So Cutter ya get a chance to play it yet? And is it similar to the other two titles?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Thanksgiving Tech Bits
3. Re: Thanksgiving Tech Bits Nov 28, 2013, 17:31 Mashiki Amiketo

Got a first and second generation OCZ drive, and both are still working along just fine. Apparently anything after about 2nd gen could be iffy as anything. So I guess I lucked out in two areas, one where I got them cheap(paid $0.88/gb) and second I haven't had any problems.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Double Fine Regains Rights; Will Re-release Games
8. Re: Double Fine Regains Rights; Will Re-release Games Nov 26, 2013, 16:01 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 13:25:
Congrats Double Fine, but why would you release them at retail, when you have Steam, GoG, GMG and Origin?
Because not everyone has broadband still, or some people it's prohibitively expensive still to use broadband. An example: 12GB/mo costs me $120 right now(northern alberta), because there are no DSL ports available, and no cable over internet here.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Reviews Open Beta
7. Re: Steam Reviews Open Beta Nov 25, 2013, 14:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Strong reservations on this. I get a feeling it'll turn into another metacrtic fast, where people bash for the sake of bashing.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2013, 14:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Sorry to hear that Blue.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > WoW's Ninth Anniversary
6. Re: WoW's Ninth Anniversary Nov 23, 2013, 22:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Oddly it's those good memories that make me want to go back and play, the sad side is no one I used to play with, raid with, or dungeon crawl with play anymore. They've quit or moved on. It was a hell of a game though, probably one of my favorite memories was our guilds 2min rag kill, when we were just smashing our head on BWL, we decided to go back and have one go at him.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com
3. Re: Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com Nov 21, 2013, 10:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Pretty damn steep at $5.99 for each game considering how old they are. Though $2.99 is reasonable.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins
15. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 14:25 Mashiki Amiketo

Whine, bitch, complain: There's no innovation in the industry!!!elevetyone1111!
Whine, bitch, moan, complain: They tried to do something different.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2013, 14:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 11:01:

When it comes to discussions about non-white-cismales around here, all of the above tends to come out. It isn't worth getting into, for the most part, because some people have their minds made up that men are superior and just better at things like running companies, writing code, and playing video games, even though women are now outscoring men significantly in math and science, and totally ignoring any kind of societal issues that make this more true than biological ones.

Don't get used to what we've got, guys. In 20 years, when all the female math and science majors are becoming executives, this dominance in these areas will start rapidly withdrawing.
Yeah that's nice, except when you live in a politically correct universe and see the hand holding that goes on for the "under privileged" and all that. My sister used to joke that being female with a disability would get her anything she wanted. Until she got hired by the federal government, and it's exactly that. She's not even closely held to the standard that white males are held to. Hell, even I'm not held to the same standards. Some people expect more, others far less because I'm a minority.

But don't forget either that in those "math and science" courses that hand holding continues. I've seen it myself, and I was back in college not even 4 years ago. It's gotten far worse, never before in my life have I seen so many "second, third, and fourth" chances along with "helpful tips" that were selectively given out, or *insert group only* to help.

In the end, I have no problem if someone rises up based on merit. But right now in society, we've got a whole pile of people who've risen up, and are rising up based on gender, sexual orientation, and *insert minority group.*

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
95. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 15:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Harlequin wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 17:25:
"dozens of hours" of gameplay? ok then... I am going to back away real slow.. tell tale sign of a half arsed, amateur or/and incomplete game.
I have to ask, did you bitch and moan about Skyrim? After all the main quest is only about 10 hours long. Never mind that I put in just under 180 hours on my first playthrough before I started it. Nice thing about sandbox games, nothing forces you to do more or less than you want.

Sadly it's going to be until the 27th that I get a chance to play. Feking internet is 15GB capped, and I just blew most of it downloading the update for Xcom. But, I finally, finally get DSL out here after trying for a month. Wee!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2815 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo