Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3268 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
14. No subject Sep 8, 2014, 16:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Ludomancer wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 08:18:
You're all really angry because someone peed in your escapism from ignoring meaningful shit.
Oh the "lalalala...I'm ignoring what's actually going on" statement.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Independent Games Festival Defends Judging Process
5. No subject Sep 8, 2014, 16:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Eirikrautha wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 15:58:

Basically, this is a non-denial denial.
Those are my favorite. It's as they know that there is corruption, and are okay with it...as "long as it works on the sly, and no one screams about it too loudly."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
10. No subject Sep 8, 2014, 06:15 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 05:17:
I found the escapist article was too 'balanced' and not covering what you mentioned above well enough.
It's better to be too balanced than to be biased in either direction. The whole #gamergate thing boils down to the demand for transparency and balance in publications. If you do have an issue with it, write him and the editor in chief and explain what problems you found with it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
8. No subject Sep 8, 2014, 02:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 01:56:

Personally I'd love to see another Duke Nukem game with his usual over-the-top,crass womanizing ratcheted up a few more notches. We could sit back and watch the media's collective head explode, Scanners style!
Considering the backlash has been going on for three weeks now and the media seems to be folding in on itself, and the sjw's are becoming more shrill as people dig and find more instances of corruption. I have a sneaking suspicion that we might get back to the days of "don't like it, don't fuckin' play it."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
6. No subject Sep 7, 2014, 22:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 16:27:
So who got some 'burgers and fries' at the escapist?
Actually if you read the article, it covers both points of view. Zoe claimed X, various logs provided by others showed Y. Mainly that she cherry picked, and took things out of context. See the full logs which are floating around, and you find out she simply lied the moment she spewed her crap.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
1. No subject Sep 7, 2014, 14:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Oh zoe, you still haven't figured out that when you make up bullshit on the internet someone will call you out for it.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > WBIE TMs WB Play
2. No subject Sep 7, 2014, 14:53 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 14:47:
Another fucking downloader!

Yep. I think we've got more than enough of them there guys. Somehow, this reminds me of everyone shoveling their own "quick launchers" out back 12-14 years ago until everyone got sick of it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2014, 23:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Because Kotaku is a bastion of integrity. It's under 3min long, and it's worthwhile to listen to it.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
31. No subject Sep 5, 2014, 16:47 Mashiki Amiketo

garrywong wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 15:50:

Nice list, thanks! I'll be sure to go through them all. I hope some will focus on PC games
Welcome. Gamenosh, Techreactor do, they're on my reading list. Shacknews does as well, but I haven't read them outside of the odd article for awhile. No time mainly.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
28. No subject Sep 5, 2014, 15:20 Mashiki Amiketo

garrywong wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 15:16:
Pray tell, what are such sites? I'm in the same boat, but haven't really anywhere else to go other than RPS. The fear of blundering onto the likes of Kotaku is preventing me from really searching.
http://makealist.com/content/quinngategamergate-support-list

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
25. No subject Sep 5, 2014, 15:11 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 09:52:
It is rather telling they all trotted out the same line, all around the same time, in an attempt to circle the wagons...

And depending which plagerism checker you use, use anywhere between 35% to 45% of the same content.

http://imgur.com/CnS1AXE

Seriously, anyone who doesn't think there isn't corruption, collusion, or anything along those lines is deluding themselves. This is well orchestrated attempt at attacking gamers, what's funny of course is they're attacking their audience. The people who make them money. What do these people would think would happen if say C&D attacked gearheads, or pooraudophile or hometheaterreview attacked audiophiles, or movie critics attacked those who liked movies in such a matter.

That's right, people would simply say "fuck and you" in that order, which seems to be happening. And it seems to be growing, between the #gamergate and #notyourshield with the sjw's attacking people for defending their hobby. Yeah sorry there dear "warriors" we've dealt with this crap in school already, not going to happen this time. Of course we shouldn't forget the "height" of intellectualism from the sjw's now and that's a very small sample.

Speaking of which, hey Blue, seen an upswing in traffic? I'm just curious since you're on the approved list of people of not being bottom feeding shills, and telling gamers they're dead.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2014, 15:25.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
25. No subject Sep 4, 2014, 07:28 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 00:27:
Well this is really.. not surprising news

They should have made Fallout 4...
Fallout4 is already in the works. Best guess is release for next year sometime.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
301. No subject Sep 2, 2014, 19:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Sho wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 17:54:
Seriously, you're going back to comment 39 of 298 and ignoring all the discussion that happened since, not to mention my longer explanation of that comment? You're just after that 300 in "Popular Threads", admit it. Well, glad to be of service!
Well actually it was based on me mis-reading the page number because I'd been up for 10 minutes, but that's okay and my fault. I just couldn't be bothered to edit it. You got post 300, so with luck that makes you feel much better.

Speaking of which, next time someone says that going after sites and advertisers don't work...

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
299. No subject Sep 2, 2014, 17:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Sho wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 13:59:
I gotta say, a lot of the stuff in comment threads related to Sarkeesian makes the site feel pretty unwelcoming.
Critiques and differing views of opinion = unwelcoming. Got it. After all, we wouldn't want people to have to face the world where one's opinions are subject to the same realities outside of their bubble now would we? Everyone's a special snow flake, and no matter how wrong their opinion is; we should respect it...and not discuss it. Especially if it's a women...amirite?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
32. No subject Sep 2, 2014, 17:43 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:40:
Interesting attempt. So who do I report Kotaku to for their hateful harassing articles against male gamers? I would be all for this if it also had a section on that 'journalists' shouldn't provide positive press for sexual favors.

Sounds like a good idea but I don't see the SJWs following this.
Simple, you go after their advertisers. That's what I did, cut the money off and they'll either go under or change their tune.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Memorial Interviews
2. No subject Sep 1, 2014, 17:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 12:25:
As an ex-BBS sysop I have to say this makes me misty. LORD, BRE, etc. those were great games. So innovative for the time. I think I still enjoyed playing MUDs more than any graphical games today.
Damn if that isn't true. I ran a head-node for fidonet too, damn if I didn't love BRE. It was probably the first game I played as a kid that got me involved in a larger community, the board I used to play on used to have a get together for weekly strategy meetings.

Damned gooiekablooies: You send 11000 Jets, 7438 make it back.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
249. No subject Sep 1, 2014, 05:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 13:47:

Citation on the wonderful work her employer, the American Enterprise Institute, does to make sure the Koch Brothers and their peers stay super rich while the rest of us suffer.
This is a woman you want to cite for common sense?
Congrats. You've just done exactly what the sjw's are claiming that other people are doing. Not only did you attack her for her sex, but you also attacked her for her work without any factual refutations.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. No subject Aug 31, 2014, 16:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 15:00:
If they really wanted to get away with it, they shouldn't have bragged at all on any site, let alone twitter. Not too bright.
One of my friends who's a constable put it this way: "social media makes catching dumb criminals so easy, that they should just march themselves to the police station and save us the trouble."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2014, 16:29 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 16:26:
Strange, I can't post a comment to this story: RAYA Sound Engine. Anyone else having this problem?
No posting in that thread for me either.

Usually the labor day weekend here(southern ontario) is complete crap. They've been calling for either rain, or t-storms since friday and they haven't happened yet. I'm actually quite surprised, it's also the first time in the last 50 days that I've had to have the AC on, 28-31C with 60-90% humidity.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
172. No subject Aug 30, 2014, 06:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 03:07:
Oh my god that reddit forum. It's everything some here claim doesn't exist.
Hypocrisy doesn't ring a bell for you does it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3268 Comments. 164 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo