Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3206 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date
8. No subject Aug 14, 2014, 13:03 Mashiki Amiketo

Lords of war bit was pretty good.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
7. No subject Aug 14, 2014, 11:31 Mashiki Amiketo

FF has been the only series that nearly tempted me into buying a console, I haven't disliked any of the series except XIII where everything seemed to be in a corridor, though I only got about half-way through it since I was using my sisters machine when I was out in Alberta. Though she loved it, as much as she loved the revamped III and re-releases of VII and VIII. She hadn't played either of those since their original release on the PC.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
3. No subject Aug 14, 2014, 11:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:54:
Please don't pull a Ubisoft and the final game looks only half as good as this...
I know you're cynical man, but has CDP ever done us wrong on their games? Faith, it's not needed in this case.

The Downwarren trailer was released as well. A HD copy can be downloaded here: http://bit.ly/1pNPhVR

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2014, 11:21.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Omerta: City of Gangsters - Gold Edition
3. No subject Aug 13, 2014, 20:07 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 19:31:
Too bad they half-assed this game or it could have been really good.
It's still good, I think I've got 25-30 hours into it. It's not brilliant by any stretch but it's "good enough" a solid 6-7(I'm of course using the old realistic rankings, not IGN "we got monies" 9/10's).

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
45. No subject Aug 13, 2014, 19:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Sounds like ass, concept looks like ass, gameplay at this stage looks like ass(wee click fest). I get the feeling that this has been heavily influenced by the dumbnuts that did KoTOR.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > First Diablo III Paragon 1000 Livestream
15. No subject Aug 12, 2014, 14:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 14:01:
Really? I'm 250+ and didn't really think I had played THAT much. I only started 3 weeks prior to the expansion and haven't been in the game a month now... The first 100 really aren't much of a big deal.
I played myself out pretty hard when the RMAH was up across two accounts, so after that I didn't really want to play all that much. I just started a new game with a full quest reset though, so who knows maybe I'll start playing more. But I need to finish my skyrim run first, only 200 hours in on this playthrough so I figure another 250 and I'll finish.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > More King's Quest Details
4. No subject Aug 12, 2014, 14:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 11:52:
But will the game punish you with death for exploring the environment and then mock you?
Nope, because a lot of the "kids" today would throw a hissy fit.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > First Diablo III Paragon 1000 Livestream
9. No subject Aug 12, 2014, 13:11 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 12:26:
I'm not even paragon 100....
Same, I'm at 65 and I think I picked up 40-45 of those levels during the xp boost before the expansion launched.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer
8. No subject Aug 8, 2014, 22:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Hi-end PC experience? I think they mean mid-range 2010 since that's all it took to get "high quality graphics" from 4 years ago.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Casey Hudson Departs BioWare
22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2014, 05:50 Mashiki Amiketo

saluk wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 02:20:
Mistakes as bad as ME3 are on everyone. Nice to have a scapegoat I guess.
Correction: Mistakes are only on everyone, when everyone agrees to it. When the lead designer says: "this is good, we'll go with it." The mistake is clearly on them, and only them. That's the whole point behind a lead designer, to sort out the crap and make the best choices, not the expedient ones.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

17. No subject Aug 8, 2014, 00:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Icewind wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 23:10:

And was written by Jennifer Hepler, who complained that Casey wanted to, quote, "find her family and kill her"
Probably. Then again I never did hear that there were on-going investigations into that. There was a burp and then it just faded away...

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2014, 23:01 Mashiki Amiketo

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 21:04:
I wonder if his resignation letter was on red, blue or green paper.
I'm pretty sure it will also include liberal use of the "awesome button."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Plans
16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2014, 20:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Frijoles wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 10:24:
I'm looking forward to seeing a 40-man Rag again. It'll remind me why I hated it so much. The Tarren Mill vs. Southshore sounds like a lot of fun though. Too bad it's only temporary. Was hoping they'd make it in to a BG like that one in Wrath. Wintergrasp?

I can already see chat flooded with "loot the fuckin' dogs!" and "stand on the surger." I enjoyed TM vs SS quite a bit, I wish they'd bring back classic AV instead of the rush fest that it is now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2014, 10:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Farewell Studio Ghibli. How sad, maybe one day in the future someone will launch another studio that will be up to par.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. No subject Aug 4, 2014, 19:39 Mashiki Amiketo

UHD wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 12:33:
Does anyone ever part with IP? I'm being pretty lazy here and doing no research but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a rare white elk moment for any company to sell or let go of a franchise.
Sure, you just need to show up with a large pile of cash and watch the magic happen.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. No subject Aug 4, 2014, 07:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 06:03:
I like rpgs, but did not like divinity. I don't see what all the excitement is about. I thought the controls were horrid. Story mediocre. Second time I have been burned this month, also was burned on Habitat.

I'm actually curious as to what you didn't like. For me it's not a 10/10 rpg like PS:Torment, but it's a solid 8/10 in my books. There are issues without a doubt, but with modding being available for the game if there's something that sucks it'll be easier to change/add/modify then say the days of infinity engine modding.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. No subject Aug 4, 2014, 04:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Alamar wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 00:29:
Turn based is a large part of the reason I didn't get it... Does having different interest make me an idiot? : )

Yes you idiot! Really for me turn based was something I had to get used to, I hated fallout and turn based probably the first half dozen times I played the game. I love it now, and it's just as much as I hated The Witcher's combat system, and love it now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. No subject Aug 3, 2014, 19:42 Mashiki Amiketo

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 18:45:

Of course, I haven't played (mostly because of these kinds of things I keep reading), but it's what people have been saying. What do you guys say?

A lot of stupid shit like "destoy this to get past" well yeah there's some of that, but it also means you're not stuck going only in one direction to get somewhere. You can bypass a bunch of tough stuff if you don't have the party to handle it for example. And rps, well there's no easy way to get around it. Either you make it a game of some kind for headbutting, or you base it all on rolls vs an attribute. I prefer rps vs rolls.

The thing about people saying that it "it feels like filler" is probably because there's a large gap after the first 1/3 of the story before you get back into the main storyline. So if you're not paying attention you feel lost. I finished my first playthrough a few days ago(87hrs) and I missed several quests, so regardless it was worth the money.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
23. No subject Aug 3, 2014, 05:13 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 01:20:
That's a common phenomena and directly attributable to the school system and a societies values... in the end you want people not to do what your cousins do, you have to offer them a future that consists of more than just working and family. Let's face it, life is not there to be working 40 years of it and then when you are old and fucked up trying to enjoy life with your broken down and sick or just plain OLD body.

This entire society actually makes me sick. But it seems we are on a good way to a 3rd world war anyway.

See this is the whole thing, you want them to do something other than being a shut in. But I just posted that kids need to realize that the world isn't a comfy little place. When parents, school, and society teach them that they should be coddled, they have no idea what's in store for them out there in the real world. But until we hit a point where "working is optional" your idea won't work.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
11. No subject Aug 2, 2014, 22:52 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 22:20:
Your argument is basically "children are like adults and should learn like adults" which is absurd. I won't even comment further on that To me, children are worth to be protected from the evil asshole world. Because a child committing suicide may really not see a way out. Something an adult with a goal in life might see different. The real problem is that schools pump out brain-dead zombies who think working is the only reason of existence for a human being. And those same people vote the radical batshit insane crazies in power.

So basically, when can we nuke this planet? ^^
Well, I have two cousins who were brought up that way. Where are they now? Sitting at their parents home, in their 30's never had a job, afraid of going outside, and basically hiding from society.

So yeah, my argument basically boils down to: The world is a nasty place, you have to face it sometime.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3206 Comments. 161 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo