Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3295 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
11. No subject Dec 8, 2014, 21:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Redmask wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 21:46:
That doesn't seem likely, the CDPR guys always do their own thing. They are well past the adding new features stage anyway, it would have to be really minor at best.
That's a good point, one thing that did strike me is it could be a optimization problem with the next-gen consoles. I have a very strong feeling that they've already hit the limit of what the consoles could do and are either running into a memory issue or something else.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
9. No subject Dec 8, 2014, 21:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Darks wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 20:40:
Taking a guess at this, but I get the feeling they are delaying because they saw DAI and saw some things that peeked their interest and feel that now they need to make some changes to make their game better.
Not sure what it could be outside of crafting.

Damn though if I wasn't waiting for this in a little bit. On the upside, it'll give me time to do 3 playthroughs of the first two games and make my neutral, elf saves.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3 to Include a Second Playable Character
10. No subject Dec 6, 2014, 19:09 Mashiki Amiketo

verybad1 wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 14:29:
But was she around before iphone in their universe?
1992 so yeah.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile
25. No subject Dec 5, 2014, 15:36 Mashiki Amiketo

SimplyMonk wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 14:40:
Is D&D Online 3.0 or 4.0?
Based on 3.5

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2014, 09:56 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 09:23:
Not seeing a lot of mind blowing sales, so far...

Yeah me either. I have seen SSD's here in Canada going for dirt cheap, but I've already got the ones I need. But for anyone interested I have seen: 240GB drives for $69, 120GB $20 after rebate, 500GB for $199. That's on canadacomputers, tigerdirect, and ncix.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. No subject Nov 30, 2014, 20:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Wonders how many people realize that the anti-GGers tried to block Jennifer Dawe's game from hitting greenlight. Of course, it's pro-GG who are against women in gaming.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2014, 14:12 Mashiki Amiketo

It's been sitting at 0C(32F) for the last 2 days, then on saturday or sunday it's supposed to hit 8C(46F) then drop back down. A-typical southern ontario winter, I'm guessing around about Dec 8-20th we'll get our first blizzard, with 1m of snow.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 20:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 16:48:
They're trying to protect themselves from harassment and abuse, dude. If you seriously can't appreciate that, there's just something wrong with you.
What harassment and abuse? Can you name anyone linked to GG where that falls into? Right. Hell I'm on the list, and you know why? I follow people they disagree with, that's what their blacklist is. If you can't figure that blacklisting people because they follow someone is a bad idea, you've got a serious problem.

That's an echo chamber. Just a FYI--that "evil and harassing gamergate guys" just managed to get the FTC to modify their disclosure rules because of sites like gawker flaunting the previous ones. Well I guess that's it guys, in 3 months the "harassment based movement" has done more to improve ethics than SJW's over the last 3 years.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2014, 20:45.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA in February; Special Edition Detailed
2. No subject Nov 24, 2014, 20:36 Mashiki Amiketo

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 20:27:
I bet people can not wait to preorder this one.
Considering the last total war game, I'm guessing most people are going to wait heavily.

Just a fyi, for anyone who really wants to pre-order it GMG has it on for $33.75/w coupon.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2014, 20:50.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
15. No subject Nov 24, 2014, 15:27 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 06:58:
Back to the start. Inevitably people will get unintentionally blocked when a brute force approach is used. The issue is that a brute force approach is necessary in the first place to clean out the sludge. That gamergaters are so angry shows the blocklist did its job.
So, you can't actually disprove what I've said. You realize that for anyone else who wrote such a poorly coded piece of crap they'd have been laughed out any job they have. The thing you happen to miss is this, it's not the blacklist. It's an organization that claims to be inclusive--making a libelous statement.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
11. No subject Nov 24, 2014, 03:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 01:47:
Actually don't you think this anger at a blocklist (on the basis that it creates an echo chamber) is a bit hypocritical given that GG has blacklists of "SJW" websites they don't like?
Oh you mean the sites that actually went out of their way to lie to people, and published 12+ articles all on the same day with 40% of the same content? Never mind of course that said "blocklists" are an individual option, and no site went out of their way to declare them to be "the worst sites on the internet." Of course the site in question which used said blacklist openly stated that 10k+ people were "the worst harassers on the internet." You know, like the IGDA Puerto Rico chairman, and KFC.

Oh and those same sites, you know the ones that are on that list...they also don't want any views contrary to their idea and views of what GG is. Posting as such will lead you to a near instant ban. I do believe that's what's called an echo chamber, so at that point you can pretty much cut the BS.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
9. No subject Nov 23, 2014, 23:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 20:53:
Twitter also has a block function. They're using that.

Also I assume you're not actually suggesting that everyone using this blocklist is a genocidal demon from space, so the rest of your post is a bit too hysterical to respond to.
Actually no, they're using an automated list to block a particular group of people. That actually falls afoul of twitters ToS as well, because it targets a particular group.

Considering that when that particular person in question was called out for their genocidal comments, they circled the wagons on them and even threatened one of the IGDA chairs for calling out the BS. So, yes it does indeed seem that many of them support those comments. Speaking of which, the anti-side goes out of their way to doxx someone tonight...it just happens to be one of the anti-gg folks. Which isn't a surprise.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2014, 23:33.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
7. No subject Nov 23, 2014, 19:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 19:24:
If anyone's guilty of operating in an echo chamber, it's GG. You're still assuming the GGers have something worthwhile to say. This thing's been going on for 3 months now, and I suspect the people using this blocklist have heard all the "criticism" by now. The fact remains that people want to use Twitter to communicate with their colleagues, not to get bombarded by a bunch of angry gamers every time they say something.

Just consider what it must be like, sorting through your mentions to see if your colleagues are communicating with you, and having to discard reams of gamergate shit all the time. Maybe you can understand why someone would want to block all that out instead of spending inordinate amounts of time managing it.
Really? Why is it I can go to say KiA and pretend to be anti, and not be banned. Why is it if I go to Gghazi and I'll be shit banned, and have my post deleted if I'm pro. I'll wait for the answer, and here's the thing. You post something in public, anyone has the right to reply to you. On twitter if you say something stupid in a public setting, you'd best expect to get called out for your BS. Or are you saying you support comments that call for genocide, gassing and mass murder of gamers?

It's not any different then AS's videos, where no dissenting opinions are allowed via comments. Twitter in itself has a DM feature, use it. But just think what happens, one day you're calling for genocide then people call you out for it--and then your friends see you for the asshole you really are. I mean who would want that?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
4. No subject Nov 23, 2014, 16:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 16:02:

Some people are getting unintentionally blocked because the tool has a very broad method to identify accounts. Inevitably some people will accidentally get caught in the crossfire. But the real issue is that there's a need for this blocklist just so people can get on with their lives without being harassed on the internet. The only "ethics" issue here is that GG has created a need for this blocklist in the first place.

Here's the thing: the people using this tool do not want to communicate with GG supporters. GG supporters have no God-given right to communicate with the people who use this blocklist. Outrage about this is predicated on the notion that GG supporters have anything of substance to say. Their self-victimization is hilarious.
Actually, it's more along the lines of: The people using this tool, are blocking anyone who doesn't fit their ideology because the individuals who are blocked via this are following specific people. This is the typical "guilt by association" bit. The "tool" and I won't even use that, creates a block list if you follow specific people. If however, those people didn't want to be communicated to/by/etc, then perhaps they wouldn't be involved in the first place by injecting themselves. It's akin to the "I'm going to make statements on the street corner, but run away when someone confronts me."

And that, is what this boils down to. You've got the anti-GG side, screaming about xyz, injecting themselves, and when someone calls them to task, the run away and in this case create a list of people that is breaking their echo chamber.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
17. No subject Nov 21, 2014, 21:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 16:34:
Unfortunate and true. I guess if there's one lesson of #GG, it's to keep demanding change anyway. You definitely won't get it if you don't ask.
That my friend, is part of the reason why this push-back exists. There is a number of people out there, that truly do have racism and believe that if you're not xyz, you can't be harassed, attacked, are racist by your skin colour and so on.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
14. No subject Nov 21, 2014, 15:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 14:25:
How about we come down against online harassment, period, whether against men or women.
Oh come now. Harassment against men isn't a real thing, just like only men can be sexist, only whites can have privilege, and all that other claptrap that various people keep going on about. They've even gone off the deep end saying that us nerds should be bullied and harassed.

I know what you're saying, but until various swaths of kunckleheads grow up and realize that anyone can be harassed--it's not going to change.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations
16. No subject Nov 21, 2014, 15:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Jivaro wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 10:18:
holy shit...MC. Oh the memories...
Yeah...MC...I don't miss the trash clearing, but I do miss the content and people from back then. Our first Lucy, Mags, and Gehn kills were done with 25 people. Funny how people were suddenly online the following week after that, we'd just started raiding and banging our head against the wall. Shit, first couple of months MC was a two-day clear as well. I chuckle at that. I haven't played in shit 4 years? I got so burned out.

BobBob wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 12:37:
What is the profile of typical MMO player? Besides exercising and leisurely reading books (I suppose it's a question of priority), I can rarely find more than 20 to 30 minutes of free time to play a video game.
Well when I played heardcore I was single(5-6/day plus 8-9hrs on a raid day) I was a mage class lead(I also filled our guilds mage tank rolls in TBC--I loved that content), and ran 3 raids a week Ony, AQ, and lultrollz instance in STV in vanilla. Later I ran raids for Kara, Gruul, and Naxx. I'm not married, but C/O as they call it here. She plays a lot still, upwards of 30 hours a week. Two of my friends from college still play, they're hooked up & met via a LARP, funny enough my sister introduced them. They play upwards of 35 hours a week, run a moderately successful guild on one of the RP servers for casual raiders(raid team is 50 people). I'm trying to remember which server it was, it was one of the ones that split off Earthen Ring. Half of the people I know from HS and Uni still play.

Considering I can still put in a 12hr gaming session without a problem, I could probably play if I wanted to. I keep hearing really good things about this expansion, so we'll see.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2014, 15:31.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Free WoW Time to Compensate for Downtime
2. No subject Nov 18, 2014, 22:11 Mashiki Amiketo

To be honest, this isn't unprecedented by any means. Blizz gives out free time whenever there's a serious outage, or anything else. Back when I was playing hardcore I accumulated nearly 35 days worth of free time just before TBC launched from our server going up and down like a cheap hooker.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
33. No subject Nov 18, 2014, 17:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Fantaz wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 17:06:
well so far the protection is working... people who thought they could pirate are now slowly buying it from somewhere (digitally, grey market keys, B&M, etc) because it has not been cracked yet. it seems to be a really good RPG.
Give it time, starforce also said that their drm solution was uncrackable, it might have taken a year but it was eventually broken.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD Beta Driver
1. No subject Nov 18, 2014, 17:07 Mashiki Amiketo

A good 10-15% pickup on fps and better mantle stability with this build without question for DA:I on my build. FX6300w/7950oc  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3295 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo