Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3386 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. No subject Feb 27, 2015, 13:47 Mashiki Amiketo

harlock wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 09:33:
is it true that colorblind people have better nightvision?

the dress is yellowish-brown (i guess "gold".. it sure as hell isnt metallic so im not sure if i would say gold) and white that seems bluish because it is reflecting light from an artificial source of some kind (flash, tv, etc.)

One of my uncles is red/green colour blind. He had even better night vision then I did when I was a kid, though since he had his double bypass his eyesight has gone for the worse. My great uncle has monochromacy(only sees in shades of grey/white/black etc) and has shit night vision now, but apparently was amazing when he was younger and when he was in the military. Take it as you want though, he's always had to wear a special set of glasses to remove the glare/brightness issues though in the daylight/bright rooms/etc.

Anyway, I see white-gold.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
37. No subject Feb 27, 2015, 13:42 Mashiki Amiketo

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 12:46:

Remember this when the game Hatred is brought up again. It's all pretend, horror, gruesome, all things movies and lyrics have done for years. I agree. Not saying you have to like anything in particular or not, but we need to respect that this is all make believe. People like dabbling in darker fantasies.

The world will not be a perfect place, it just wasn't meant to be.

But one line with these people being discussed that I repeat. "You give them a name and you give them power", if I have to spell it out to some, that means ignore them and they are as weak as any persons opinion here.

I'm commenting to members here, not the sources of the news.

FYI Hatred keys came out today for those that ordered it.

Anyway, ignoring people like this doesn't work. Not a single bit, bringing their cancer to light is the best way to get rid of them. And it seems to be working, it worked in the past with Jack Thompson it's working with the new moral authoritarian named Anita Sarkeesian. The number of people calling her out, on her bullshit increases as such she loses face by not counting them. Her videos are closed echo boxes, allow no dissenting opinions, no comments. Her lectures are pre-screened questions, and no dissenting views. The only question is how long is it going to take before this latest person claiming that there's a moral panic goes into the dustbin of history like Tipper Gore and friends, or the scaremongers who were against D&D.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
71. No subject Feb 26, 2015, 21:03 Mashiki Amiketo

TangledThorns wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:20:
This shouldn't be a partisan issue. For those that work for an ISP like I do you'd understand that this is a bad idea. Expect packet-loss and latency in the short term with higher ISP prices for the long run.

This is probably why Verizon stopped expanding their FIOS service too.
Strange. We have net neutrality here in Canada and "shit hasn't hit the fan." Maybe you guys can get that several billion dollars back from those companies who were supposed to expand rural broadband, and it never happened.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
51. No subject Feb 26, 2015, 06:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 21:14:

Yup, women can't think for themselves.

Apparently the brand is tainted, by #fullmacintosh. Perhaps they should try a new name?

Oh and to anyone trying the "but they're not trying to take your games away..." Really?

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2015, 07:15.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing?
22. No subject Feb 25, 2015, 13:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Shineyguy wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 11:27:
To be fair, their statement about it was that they couldn't support such setups as that so they disabled it in their drivers.

From a support standpoint, I can completely agree with what they did. I would not want to have to try to support a competing vendors software and it's interaction with my own.

That's why it worked perfectly fine right? If it works fine, and people don't have a problem. And then they go out of their way to disable it, all that says is they threw a hissy fit. All they have to do in a support environment is say "we don't support that configuration and will offer no support on it." Problem solved.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing?
11. No subject Feb 25, 2015, 11:02 Mashiki Amiketo

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 10:00:
I wasn't aware DirectX ever disabled it, but nVidia drivers did after a while, and there was someone working on creating a fix for each new version that came out to re-enable the feature, so I ran those drivers for a year or so.

DirectX doesn't disable it, it was nvidia via their drivers that did. Which is pretty typical of nvidia at times, they simply threw a hissy fit and decided to take their ball and run away.

As for AMD not competing? They seem to be doing just fine.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
1. No subject Feb 24, 2015, 09:54 Mashiki Amiketo

What the hell is this BS? That guy was never a figurehead anymore than I am. That would be like claiming Blue is a member of the inner circle of the RNC, or Cutter is the secret man behind Obama. What a piece of shit article.

Editorial standards? Nope. Yellow journalism? Yep.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2015, 10:01.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit
60. No subject Feb 23, 2015, 22:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Verno wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 13:41:
Haha well since you brought it up...if Nvidia was smart they would've pulled a Ubisoft and offered a free game but said "in order to accept this title you must not sue us" in legalese.
FYI, doing the "you can't sue us" bit is illegal pretty much everywhere outside of the US. Since you can't be forced or coerced into waiving legal rights like that.

jdreyer wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 16:56:

Arguments against AMD:

1. No PhysX in hardware.

2. The heat.

That's alright, physx is pretty much useless. And if you live anywhere where it gets cold in the winter you'll be happy for the extra warmth. Hell, with 3 PC's upstairs I can turn off all the vents and keep it warm. Which is nice since fuel oil is $0.942/L right now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
23. No subject Feb 14, 2015, 07:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 10:22:

Do you not understand Leigh isn't complaining about the way"gamers" were shown on svu?

And if burgers and fries was about ethics, why was it burgers and fries when only one guy was a journalist and he barely mentioned her insignificant free game?

No, they went after the sex with five guys, not the journalism part.

Right, she's complaining that everyone including them are being shown as such in SVU.

Oh but it wasn't just one instance now was it? It was just that "one instance" that finally broke the camels back.

No, they went after the journalism. Or did you miss the part where the half dozen or so people were caught involved with/living with/banging the people they were writing about.

Beamer wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 11:06:
]

Really? I feel you're oblivious about Gamergate. Like many, you ignore that horrible treatment and focus on things that are meaningless (indie games, where no one has any power) and ignore the important things (AAA devs and publishers, the only people involved in any of this with any power) and somehow focus your efforts on whining about SJWs, which has nothing to do with journalism or ethics.
You mean the cliques, favors for favors, the inside articles with no disclosure, the rigged voting at the indie game conferences have nothing to do with ethics? Good thing you buried your head in the sand over it. Those sjw's are the ones involved in all of that, and in some cases the ones from AAA studios are also involved as seen with IGN and Ubisoft, incase you missed the mass-deleting of all of the conflict-of-interest articles.

Quboid wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 10:01:
Are these articles the same two articles that MA posted? The ones which don't say what you're claiming?
Except the articles are exactly saying and whining about the fact that gamers and their media are being portrayed that way.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
14. No subject Feb 13, 2015, 03:51 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 23:22:
Leigh is laughing at you. And her "hissy fit" was over shit head gamers obsessing over a woman's sex life with five guys.

Fuck anyone who said "burgers and fries." Games are better without assholes like that.

Actually, she hasn't realized that she's sleeping in the bed she created. Much like Kotaku and Polygon didn't until they both got dragged in and smeared by their own narrative. Then again, that's the "privileged" person who goes on globe-trotting trips to insult and be racist in other peoples countries.

Oh it wasn't the sex life people cared about, you should know that by now Beamer. It's the favors, collusion, and pro-quid-pro coverage. You know, like just what happened with IGN and Ubisoft(you can thank gamergate for bringing that one to light too). See, what you continue to fail to grasp is that instance was the trigger that had been boiling for nearly 20 years and people simply had enough. I can dig up dozens of articles from 2000-2010 calling out the same shit.

And don't worry if the joke flies over your head, but I'm sure if the sexes were reversed you'd be laughing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
12. No subject Feb 12, 2015, 22:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 17:23:
I can find plenty of similar critiques about movies, tv, and music. And they don't receive this kind of tantrum in response. And the people throwing those tantrums get demonized, not every "hardcore gamer."

Forgetting something? They created that narrative and the media jumped all over it, causing them to throw their hissy fits. And that of course is just one more of many.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2/Total War: ROME II Free Weekend/Competition
1. No subject Feb 12, 2015, 14:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Well I will say that Rome II is a hell of a lot better now then it was at release. Even the FPS problems have been cleaned up, and mods now work properly across the board. Doesn't have the same feel as Shogun2 which disappoints me still but it's good enough I'm on a domination campaign.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
8. No subject Feb 12, 2015, 14:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 11:27:
I've read this four times and I'm still not certain it's English.
It's english. Something you might have missed though was the "law and order" episode where they placed blame on redchanit and the darknet. And of course one can't forget the wailing and whining by sites like polygon, kotaku, and various flappy headed sjw's about how it completely misrepresents gaming and gamers in general. Though they were the ones who created that narrative. They've suddenly come to the realization that the media outside of their cliques really isn't on their side, and are going apeshit trying to run damage control.

Some reading material And some more reading material. That salt.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
1. No subject Feb 12, 2015, 11:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Well guys, I already got me redchan.it(8ch redirect) address. Want your own? Possibly nsfw: Hit it up here. It's damn funny how the sjw's, and other sites are now panicking over the law & order episode. I think they may, may, have just realized that the media isn't going to jump on the bandwagon with them and is going to hurt their sweet victimbux.

Elofakingel.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2015, 11:18.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote
8. No subject Feb 12, 2015, 11:08 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 09:26:
Is the game still on track for 26th March?
Yep. The only problem coming up is the physical manufacturing end for the discs as is mentioned.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GOG.com Galaxy Stress Test Tomorrow
3. No subject Feb 12, 2015, 00:42 Mashiki Amiketo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 22:18:
Well... I wish GoG good luck with this, since a lot of the old games on gog.com no longer have their original server structure, and this could be really useful, but at the same time, DO NOT TURN INTO STEAM jr., Gog!
Galaxy is optional, you don't need to use it at all.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Patch
35. No subject Feb 12, 2015, 00:41 Mashiki Amiketo

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 05:34:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 04:11:
So the real question is, is the game any fun?
Yes it is

Well I might have to snag it after looking at that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
1. No subject Feb 11, 2015, 21:08 Mashiki Amiketo

Them comments, wholly unkind to this. I personally like the "can we turn this back into a MMO now?"  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Patch
7. No subject Feb 11, 2015, 04:11 Mashiki Amiketo

So the real question is, is the game any fun?  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. No subject Feb 11, 2015, 04:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Rapidshare died because they imposed harsh download options on free users including restricting downloads per file per-hour. Soon as that happened people went to other services like uploadable.ch and the resurrected mega.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3386 Comments. 170 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo