Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2983 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
4. No subject Jul 17, 2014, 16:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Surprised it's not F2P yet.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
34. No subject Jul 17, 2014, 06:26 Mashiki Amiketo

The average class size when I was in grade school was 32. In middle school it was 31, in highschool we hit an astounding 47. And yet we managed to pull through just fine.

And I'll bet that if you go look at the trustees at the board of education they'll be pulling in 100k-250k plus.

Yep not surprised at the refusal to retake a grade bit, after all, the schools have long since gone from a competitive environment to one where "everyone is a winnar" right? Ask your wife about it, she should have plenty to say on that one. Remember that's policy, and in many places it was forced through not by the boards, but by the teachers and PTA. And then the boards ran with it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

30. No subject Jul 16, 2014, 23:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 18:56:
It's fashionable amongst some people to blame teachers exclusively, because, you know, they should be able to teach kids whose families don't emphasize education.

We have more poverty, and a different kind of poverty, than most other nations, including Canada. We have more poverty amongst people that don't think there's a way out of poverty and don't emphasize education. When a parent doesn't, a kid will never pay attention to a teacher. If a kid doesn't pay attention to a teacher, he'll never get out of poverty (not that it's easy, even if he does.)

I'd believe that, if I didn't know several teachers first hand who've gone at great lengths to explain where all this money goes. And it's not into education, but rather to the boards for luxury items, including get-aways, trips, "conferences" and so on.

There is no shortage of lazy teachers. I experienced that one first hand back in high school over a decade ago. Where the teacher didn't teach, neglected students except pet-favorites. Needless to say 90% of the class failed, interestingly enough they were fired right after that year. They'd been teaching for 15 years.

As for poverty, considering what my parents went through the poverty of today is nothing of the sort. All you're saying is: "it's a different kind of tough." And if people regardless of circumstance are unwilling to work past it, they have no one to blame but themselves.

jdreyer wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 21:54:

Goddammit Beam, what did I tell you about that making sense thing? Corrupt lazy teachers just feels right in my gut, so it must be true!
So you're saying that when teachers blow off teaching and simply drop a textbook in front of a kid and say "there ya go, learn it." They're not being lazy? When they don't show up for a class and let no one know, they're also not being lazy. And when boards blow money that's supposed to go to say...new library systems on $250k trips for "education training" in a nice far away tropical location they're not corrupt?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica Released
3. No subject Jul 16, 2014, 23:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Can be grabbed on GMG for $4USD with code P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

23. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 18:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 14:47:
This study does not take into account other places. U.S. falling behind 17th and 20th percentiles for reading/writing. Its time to up the defense budget to 80% to make those numbers really shine.
Considering the amount of money thrown into education in the US, I'm pretty sure there's something else going on. Like pure laziness of teachers and massive corruption. Statistically, in Canada much like the US the amount of money per-student has done nothing but increase. And the amount per-student is above sometimes 10x as much per year, as compared to 50 years ago.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 09:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Pigeon wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 09:06:
Wow, what a rip off, I only ask Blue to give me $2,000 to leave comments... still waiting on my check...
Mine is only $250...damn it...

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver
6. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver Jul 13, 2014, 17:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Slick wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 16:59:
ever since the last RC which I did for watch_dogs, my 280x has been scrypt mining at 100-200Kh lower than normal, wonder if this will fix it.
Depends, did you file a bug report on that?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. No subject Jul 13, 2014, 17:07 Mashiki Amiketo

Ofcourse the dirty little bit on this is, even if I use the southpark.nl bit I get "not available" so it redirects you, and the of course it's still not available from the main site. Big ol' FUCK YOU to anyone not living in the US apparently.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
40. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2014, 07:04 Mashiki Amiketo

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 21:40:
You can program your companions intricately (assuming that is still in the game from 1 and 2), Skyrim mods have nothing here.
Looking in the wrong places for companions and interaction then. Like most stuff including the expansion of the NX_VAR functions for modding, it comes from the "adult rated" sites.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

31. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 17:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Steele Johnson wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 16:43:
Why would you say something like that? Two great games are better than one.
That requires the faith and belief that Bioware isn't/hasn't fucked it up like with previous titles in the last 5 years. I don't have faith that the beloved bioware that I once knew, that made games like KoTOR, BG/BG2, Jade Empire, MDK2 or ME, DA:O will complete this title to satisfaction or even to a high enough quality. They inflicted a lot of bad will on gamers from DA2 and ME3, and people will not forget that. Especially since this all came from the touch of cancer that EA inflicts on all developers they "acquire."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2014, 16:50 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 09:18:
Looks like Teh Shack got remodeled. Can't decide if I like it or not...

Looks like every shit design of the past 5 years with large spaces to the left and right for huge gigantic fucking ads. YAY just what I want on a wide screen monitor, only half of it in use.

re: Martin and dying before the series is done. I wish the guy well, but it's happened before several times with series authors. Hell Robert Jordan expected to finish his series, he died before the last two books were done. At least Brandon Sanderson did a good job finishing it up.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

28. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 16:36 Mashiki Amiketo

Darks wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 13:51:
Ill bet everyone of you right now that you are wrong. Some of you guys are dumping all over this game because its EA and because the prior DA 2 failed badly. But this is an entirely new game and engine. they have taken a great deal of time to make a game that is wide open world. Every bit as much as Witches will be. I think its going to be very difficult to pick the winner at this years game of the year.

Everything I've seen and read so far about the game tells me this is going to do the DA name justice. I'm not a Hugh fan of EA at all, but this game does look impressive so far. So I'm giving it the benefit of doubt.
Done. I'll bet you that it gets rave reviews from reviewers and fan will still be highly pissed off after DA2, ME3 that any type of imperfection will piss them off even more. While they have "tried" to make it as good as the witcher, it won't be anywhere close because it won't be moddable. In turn you'll be stuck with a pretty, boring, static world that has limited replay value. And I'll bet you that the witcher will blow it out of the water in terms of story and character interaction.

But doing the DA name justice? Well that either means we'll run into gimped, poorly designed gameplay with interesting things like spell combos, one piece armor, and gear handed to you on a plate. Or something better or anywhere in between. Bioware itself killed the decade plus of good will after the repeated fuckups in their last couple of games. I will not be giving it the benefit of the doubt, they'll need to re-earn my trust.

With that, I'm hearing a lot of the same things from previous videos. "Your actions will have a large impact..." like "red, green, blue" endings and so on. And I have to agree with someone else, it looks like the "return of the awesome button" is back as well. There's nothing in this video that screams that I'd want to buy it out of the gate, more likely when it's on sale.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2014, 16:42.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. No subject Jul 9, 2014, 00:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Be right back, trademarking Bao-Sheng then requesting that they no longer infringe on my trademark.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 13:12 Mashiki Amiketo

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 12:05:
It will be a system seller game for Microsoft I am sure of it.

/sarcasm
With the marketing majors running the show over there, and being hopelessly out of touch with the world that they're selling things to...I'd bet on that being a strong possibility.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. No subject Jul 7, 2014, 10:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Child of light, by far a worthwhile game to buy.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 08:09 Mashiki Amiketo

G2a.com has Divinity:OS up for $30 right now as well. Not too shabby.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
35. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2014, 04:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Well between the praises here and the ones on metacritic as well, and from YT players, looks like I'm going to have to pick this one up. Any guesses on rough hours of play?  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Watch Dogs DLC
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 00:56 Mashiki Amiketo

jomisab wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 20:39:
Guess I got kind of bored with WD already. Finally started playing Far Cry 3 recently (yes, for the first time), so now I'm hooked on that.

I finally picked that up along with blood dragon during the steam sale, I kept putting it off but the rave reviews from people here on both are what got me to buy them.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > X: Rebirth Goes 64-Bit
16. No subject Jun 29, 2014, 02:30 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 20:51:

He who shall not be named? *SHALL NOT BE NAMED*

Yes. That would be the one.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned
37. No subject Jun 28, 2014, 23:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Quboid wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 21:48:

Or maybe Rebellion are lying. I'm not saying they're telling the truth, I don't know. I'm just saying that, if they are telling the truth, they have to be very careful.

See, I'd believe it they put out a statement like this:
Due to an unfortunate security breach at one of the retailers who've received our codes, we've asked Steam to revoke these known stolen keys. In the interim, *if your key has been revoked please provide a copy of the revoked key and receipt, and we'll provide you with another. As this is a theft, the *insert whatever or generic peace officers* have been notified and a forensic audit has/been/requested to determine the perpetrators. We regret this turn of events, but would like people to enjoy the game. Any other questions, concerns or issues with this please contact us at *insert 3 odd email addresses dedicated to each* and we'll be happy to help you.

*they've done something similar to this already.

But that's not what they did.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2983 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo