Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3451 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. No subject Mar 26, 2015, 08:35 Mashiki Amiketo

"That life is over..." goes an injects herself into anything relating to GG that she can. Attention whore is an attention whore.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. No subject Mar 25, 2015, 04:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Kobalt wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 03:12:
The idea that all games that never get a pc port is because they aren't confident in the quality is a bit delusional.
I think you mean factual. If a game can stand on it's own merits, then it will have no problem recouping the porting costs, plus turning a profit. If not, then they know that the target audience will see the product as inferior and in turn not buy it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. No subject Mar 24, 2015, 23:48 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 20:56:
If we go by the motto of "it gave people thoughts", then Blue has more influence than Anita Sarkeesian. We'll revisit this entire train of thought when a reasonably major developer changes the way they work because of her gripes.
We'll also revisit it when people tell said developer to shove it up their ass, because no one wants a game to preach to them. I can't wait.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. No subject Mar 24, 2015, 23:47 Mashiki Amiketo

"Sony says no to money." Well I guess that means they don't have faith in their product standing up to scrutiny.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. No subject Mar 24, 2015, 19:48 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 16:05:

0%? Her tweets have been retweeted by Joss Whedon and some of the top game developers out there. She's been on Colbert Report and been featured in stories and articles on nearly every major news organization in the Western world such as CNN, the BBC, the NYT, and WaPo among many, many others. No one outside of gaming knows Derek Smart.

Without her, these stories don't end up in the news. And the responses I've seen from actual developers have shown them giving thoughts to the themes she's trying to communicate. For better or worse, she's absolutely had an impact.

That doesn't mean she's actually influential. All that means is she's noticed by a lot of people. Hell I have two writers for major news papers that follow me, and retweet my shit on twitter. I have a grand following of 50 people. My tweets are seen my thousands or tens of thousands of people, that doesn't mean I'm influential.

If you're basing influence based on where they show up in the news, then I can name a hundred people who have more screentime then her and are absolute no bodies in terms of influence.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
28. No subject Mar 24, 2015, 19:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 18:30:
Um you don't need to be from the US to know that negro is not an appropriate word. If you insist that it's fine to use, you're deliberately being an asshole.
And once you get outside of the US, you suddenly find out that it's a perfectly appropriate word. Shocking isn't it?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
25. No subject Mar 24, 2015, 15:38 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 12:31:

Snark aside, I'm sure you know the word still carries all of its baggage from the Jim Crow years.

That's nice, most of the world doesn't live in the US and in turn doesn't give a shit that there's "word baggage" because someone is still throwing a hissy fit over it.

But if we're going to throw a fuckade over it, why not start with "frog" "angie" or "snow monkey." I expect post-haste that americans not use those words.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Gone Gold - Broken Age Act 2
6. No subject Mar 23, 2015, 10:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Sho wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 09:23:
Hey, at least his writing is still more original than yours.
Facts hurt huh?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Gone Gold - Broken Age Act 2
4. No subject Mar 23, 2015, 09:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Sho wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 09:07:
No, there won't be a third act.
Of course not, he's already blown all the money on hosting parties.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. No subject Mar 23, 2015, 06:26 Mashiki Amiketo

JayDeath wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:23:
Everyone should be playing Cities: Skylines. It's pretty fantastic even with the commercial zone bug although the mod fix seems to have corrected that problem for me. I have about 75,000 on 3 tiles so far and I can't stop building. I love this game!

I've started 4 cities and wiped them from scratch refining how I build them every time. I have yet to run into a design that I like long enough to keep playing for more than 5 hours straight. If there's one thing that's actually missing, it's disasters.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD Beta Drivers
11. No subject Mar 22, 2015, 02:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Dagnamit wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 17:18:
Ram usage in games is spiking, real fast. even at 1080p. Enough so that my previous indifference to the GTX 970 RAM debacle has switched to minor annoyance. I would guess that Witcher 3 at 1080p on high settings (not even Ultra) will push be at least 3gb.
The card I have already has 3GB onboard, I love that sapphire card of mine. So I'm not even worried about ram at this point, when I buy cards I usually aim for whatever card has the most available vram available to it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD Beta Drivers
7. No subject Mar 21, 2015, 13:45 Mashiki Amiketo

I'm using a 7950 and it's still running stuff perfectly fine. The real test will be witcher 3 and gta5 but I strongly suspect that it'll hold out just fine on both of those as well. I used to get a new card every other generation, but it seems right now I'll be able to get atleast another year or two out of this one.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
51. No subject Mar 18, 2015, 22:53 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 12:00:
Yeah, I know they can't supersede civil and human rights, however digital items are different ball of wax. Steam - unfortunately - can't be held accountable for the state of a product. They have zero legal obligation to provide you any redress.

Nope, Steam can indeed be held accountable for the state of a product. See the case Quebec and Ebay. Where they recived a product that was no what was advertised, and ebay tried to run away. The case was held in venue within Quebec, ebay also tried the 'venue must be where we say it is...' and 'you must use a 3rd party arbiter' bit as well. The judge didn't take kindly to it at all, told them to show up at Quebec Superior court or have default summary judgement.

As for your bit on the OPP, contact the provincial crowns office and watch the shit fly. That information is supposed to be available to you.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

19. No subject Mar 18, 2015, 10:53 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:57:
No we don't. Businesses in Ontario aren't required to provide refunds or exchanges. There's a cooling off period of 14 days on written contracts valued over $50, but if you choose to waive your rights by agreeing to the Terms of Use that's considered express consent.

A ToS and ToU or even contract can not be used to waive your rights in Ontario or Canada. That was covered under a case with Rogers Communications. Also, the part you're talking about has to do with all contracts between two or individuals not just 'written contracts.'

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. No subject Mar 18, 2015, 09:08 Mashiki Amiketo

Guess they haven't updated for Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Quebec yet. We've got our own protection law here that covers the same thing as the EU bit.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed
23. No subject Mar 18, 2015, 05:04 Mashiki Amiketo

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 20:54:
Yeah, watching a bit more, looking forward to the 27th. +1 day just to make sure there isn't something crippling.
Ah hell with it, if I could play it two days early and still lose my saves or have something universally game breaking I'd be okay with that. Serious lack of RPG's and now we're swimming in them...it's delicious, and tastes of mint chocolate icecream.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
40. No subject Mar 18, 2015, 05:02 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 03:25:
I kind of ignored the development of this, lets hope it turns out better than Divinity. Divinity had some great combat mechanics but the story and characters were bland sauce, couldnt keep my attention for that long.
I enjoyed the hell out of Divinity, probably because I was looking for a new cRPG to play. There was a shortage of story without a doubt, but considering there's been a year long delay for PoE, I'm expecting something epic.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
5. No subject Mar 17, 2015, 10:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Axis wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 10:43:
Still no trial, and my last impression was "meh" during beta. Passing...
Same. When I played it in the beta, I had to push blindingly hard to get through even the very start, it felt like someone was peeling skin off by back it was so bad. Later on, I wasn't impressed either. There is a need for a new MMO out there, but making wow-clones and then smearing it with shit isn't going to do the job.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed
6. No subject Mar 17, 2015, 10:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 10:30:
All I can say is after a year long delay this thing better effing rock like Mr. Spock!
I have a feeling that this will be the RPG of our time. Just a feeling...

Obsidian has always been good at one thing, and that's creating beautiful RPG experiences that are memorable. I don't think this one will be any different.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
12. No subject Mar 17, 2015, 04:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 00:15:
Uh, I do realize. For one, gamergater isn't a protected class. For another, if indeed.com bans your account for being a dick they aren't blacklisting you.

You have no clue how insignificant a job retweeter is nor what a blacklist is.

This is why you guys can be so hard to be kind to. You let your insane conspiracy theories and hurt feelings turn trivial things into massive, illegal affronts. Sorry, you're really far off base in assuming even one person will lose a job due to this retweeter using a list to block people it does not want to talk to.
Members of gamergate are a protected class. Also said blacklist, or even blocks fall afoul of a variety of laws in other countries outside the US. I'm sure it's a big shock to realize that gamergate is not a "US only" group of people. So with that, said retweeter, using said blacklist is illegal in a variety of places.

I'm sure that you'll now also be surprised that the creator of the blockbot, is scrambling like mad after it was pointed out that what it does is illegal in the UK. So, in the end, the only person that's off base here is you. There's no conspiracy theory, only facts. Gamergate doesn't need conspiracy theories, it has evidence and facts to back up what it says. That probably has to do with many people have an autism level of over 9000, and have zero problem digging at something for days to figure out what/where/how it's all connected.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3451 Comments. 173 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo