Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3659 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
29. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2015, 21:25 Mashiki Amiketo

Krovven wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 17:13:
"∑ All crafting components and alchemy ingredients now weigh nothing."

I don't think most people were having an issue with weight due to the Saddlebags, but I think this is more to help the hoarders and those broom collectors.

Generally I sell anything with more then 15 to a stack, even then when I was crafting armor, there were a few times I had to buy components or break down monster bits into crafting components.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
27. No subject Jul 17, 2015, 22:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 19:58:
Whoops, he went full retard.
Maybe we need a new meme? We've got full retard, we've got full McIntosh, maybe we need "going full Smart."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
2. No subject Jul 17, 2015, 19:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Lovely. Looks like consolitis has struck, and struck hard. That interaction menu with other characters...holy garbage.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. No subject Jul 17, 2015, 16:32 Mashiki Amiketo

I'll wait for those who are in favor of banning stuff because of feels, agree that SRS, SRD, circlebroke, circlejerk, etc, should be banned first. I believe old age will kick in, even though there's plenty of evidence of users and mods in those subs doxing, harassing, and engaging in behavior that would get any other sub banned.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking
29. No subject Jul 17, 2015, 16:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Linksil wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 11:04:
I don't remember the exact numbers. But it's around 30 the eye's see at. 60 being a more stable number(and game target)

Yeah nasa already did that, and it's above 240fps, if I remember the study right, fighter pilots see around 480-520fps. Even the jump from 60fps to 120fps is noticeable. The only people who think that 30fps is a good thing to see at, are people with one eye and those with no depth perception.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
29. No subject Jul 11, 2015, 22:19 Mashiki Amiketo

verybad1 wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 16:02:

Didn't look like trolling to me as this isn't a fanboard, but a place where discussion can (hopefully) be evenhanded. SC certainly deserves criticism as it's gotten ridiculous amounts of money, and changes what it's designs are during the course of production. I was interested in it myself when it was first coming out as a new Wing Commander...Now it's a huge glop of things and there's no visible end to the tunnel.

SC has been in development for 2 years 7 months. ESO took 7 years, KoToR 5 years, there isn't actually a game on SC's scale that's taken less then 5 years in development time.

Can you name an MMO that after three years only had the early workings of an FPS no one asked for, a small space for you to fly a few ships around in, and no sign of any persistent world? I can name a few that didn't have a persistent world to show after 3 years, some even longer, and none of them ended up being that great, or have yet to even release.

ESO.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2015, 22:39.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch Notes
2. No subject Jul 10, 2015, 23:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Darks wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 22:29:
Anyone tried the alternative movement for Geralt yet? I haven't but I'm excited about this and hope it fixes that twitch moment he has.

And that's some list of fixes, just love these guys and how they take care of us.

Nope, I've uninstalled my copy. I'm two play-throughs done at the moment and don't want to burn myself out when the expansion launches in the fall. But I'd like to hear opinions on it myself.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Drivers
20. No subject Jul 9, 2015, 21:51 Mashiki Amiketo

Simon Says wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 19:20:
Investing in ANY GPU right now would be a waste of money with the node shrink finally coming in the next models at both Nvidia and AMD... Just saying...

Not really true, it means if you pay attention you can get some GPU's on the dirt cheap side of things. That's how I picked my 7950 for $200(along with the pre-opened discount) the retail price was still $372 here in Canada at the time.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. No subject Jul 9, 2015, 21:48 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 15:51:
Ah good ol domestic abuse.. still not funny ;(

Don't ya know? According to the narrative being spun these days, men can't be victims of domestic abuse.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. No subject Jul 9, 2015, 09:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Pigeon wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 08:49:
Good to hear. Have you noticed if the aspect ratio controls work for games? It's really convenient for playing older games, but it seems to break every time I install new drivers. I end up having to boot into safe mode and use a driver uninstaller to strip every last remnant of the old drivers before the new ones will install properly.

Haven't gotten around to playing any older games yet to see if anything is messed up or not.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. No subject Jul 9, 2015, 05:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Well for anyone looking performance wise on this, the drivers are excellent, solid, and stable on my 7950 on Win10. It also seems to have fixed the annoying screenflicker/refresh problem that's been in the last couple of win10 builds.

Temperature management seems to be a hell of a lot better compared to the previous WHQL and beta drivers as well, only playing metro:LL but seemed to have picked up 3-5fps in that over the previous beta drivers.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. No subject Jul 8, 2015, 22:31 Mashiki Amiketo

rist3903 wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 17:43:
Logitech Is Changing Its Name to "Logi" Because Tech Means Nothing. You can't spell logic without "logi."
Worst idea ever.

Agreed. Take note folks, this is what happens when you let the 'fresh new hip kid' that just graduated into PR.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
48. No subject Jul 6, 2015, 03:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Krowen wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 15:25:
Faster boot time is about the only one you can actually quantify without a "trust me" from Microsoft so his response is about as meaningful as yours.

Really? I guess these papers don't count.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

36. No subject Jul 5, 2015, 04:49 Mashiki Amiketo

descender wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 00:10:
There is really nothing about 8/8.1 (UI replacement or not) that is an improvement over 7. Especially the half-in half-out metro UI shit like your network connections and such.

As someone who works with both operating systems on a daily basis... you all really have no idea what you are talking about. Anecdotal nonsense rules the day around here.

So no lower overhead? Faster boot times, better kernel optimization? Well guys pack it in, all that anecdotal evidence in the quote just packs it in.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

29. No subject Jul 4, 2015, 22:57 Mashiki Amiketo

yonder wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 22:50:

Damn. Troll much?

It's his specialty!

For anyone who slapped a UI replacement on Win8 already knows that it's superior to 7, and 10 is a hell of a lot better than 8 is or 7, there are problems at least in the 10 beta though. For anyone who uses ITH or any other program that directly hooks into another for pulling text, there's a serious memory access share problem. So stuff like that is going to have to be fixed.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. No subject Jul 1, 2015, 23:03 Mashiki Amiketo

After seeing the previews and the highly dumbed down interface with useless choice options I'm very wary of this one.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Countdown Timer
7. No subject Jun 28, 2015, 22:38 Mashiki Amiketo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 18:40:
Bridge the gap between BG and BG2? What? That's all of like... one-two levels?

I thought these guys were going to attempt to make BG3 at some point?

Going by the books, it's a period of 6-18 months. Going by the games themselves pretty sure it's a period of 6-12 months, so there's plenty of time to write something up.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GeForce Driver Hotfix
15. No subject Jun 27, 2015, 22:24 Mashiki Amiketo

z3razerviper wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 14:36:
This has been a problem for me with all the 35x series drivers and NOW are fixing it almost 2 to months later....I am kinda annoyed at this point.

More like it's been an on-going problem since the 320 drivers, just varying degrees of TDR problems for most.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > World of Warships Shipstorm
16. No subject Jun 26, 2015, 22:35 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 13:42:
Illegal where? These guys are from Belarus. A country with a 'legally' elected strongman dictator and a close ally of Vladimir Putin.

Illegal where? Pretty much everywhere in the world that has contract law. If you think that them being in another country doesn't stop you from taking them to court in your home country, you've missed the last ~18 years of legal changes.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > World of Warships Shipstorm
3. No subject Jun 26, 2015, 10:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Well that's not going to bite them in the ass, nope not at all. Especially considering it's illegal as fuck.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3659 Comments. 183 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo