Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3657 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
19. No subject Apr 10, 2015, 23:08 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 23:00:
Me too. Got the Sapphire though it already died and they replaced it - with a refurbished one. Assholes. I won't be buying from Sapphire ever again.
Pretty much every company does that including EVGA. I had my 560Ti die on me about 6mo after I bought it, it was replaced with a referb.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
17. No subject Apr 10, 2015, 22:54 Mashiki Amiketo

siapnar wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 21:15:
Just out of curiosity, what are the cards some of you guys are running (or going to run)?

GTX 970 here. Xmas buy. No regrets
7950 w/3GB on it, picked it up early last year on sale. So far it hasn't let me down on anything.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2015, 23:07.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
25. No subject Apr 10, 2015, 17:47 Mashiki Amiketo

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 16:12:
No you both all three are misinterpreting. I don't give a shit about speedruns. I'm talking about the 200 hours if you do everything. I'm on my first playthrough of Skyrim with like 400 hours. I haven't even picked sides yet.

a full playthrough of the RPG sequel will take 200+ hours if you chose to accept all the game's side-quests and extra activities

No, I'm taking your statement on face value. It's however not my problem that your statement is not being conveyed clearly, it's yours. If three people are saying the same thing, the miscommunication error is on your end.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
22. No subject Apr 10, 2015, 15:54 Mashiki Amiketo

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 12:52:
So, basically they're saying it's a lot smaller than Skyrim.
Wat? You can complete the main story of Skyrim in ~4 hours without using any bugs/cheats/etc. How is that smaller than skyrim, when they're saying that this is the main story of witcher 3 minus dialog.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads
32. No subject Apr 9, 2015, 21:54 Mashiki Amiketo

harlock wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 20:29:
i dunno.. the launcher thing says it will be available in 3 days 22 hours... so thats monday night i think
Yeah it unlocks monday night at 7 or 8pm EST.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
35. No subject Apr 8, 2015, 23:19 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 20:33:

If you don't want the game to cost 100$ you shouldn't ask for USB delivery
Considering they could buy the USB keys in bulk, I doubt that would happen. At most it might be a $5-15 price increase for those who would want it on that. Since you can buy single 64GB USB keys for $33, and in bulk units of 5k+ it's $18 and 10k+ units it's $11.50. I don't see one listed for 20k+ units, but I'd guess they're in about the $8/unit range.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Preloads
52. No subject Apr 8, 2015, 20:47 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 09:59:
Yeah, strange that one. But that might be simply a poorly optimized installer. It's probably doing an integrity check on the fly.

That does appear to be what it's doing. Last night I was wondering why there was occasionally so much disk thrashing, so I decided to watch it for a bit via perfmon. It would max out one core, as it utilized between 80-100% of all bandwidth on the install drive.

DangerDog wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 17:03:
Using Rockstar's social club client to download the pre-load varies in speed from an abysmal 100kb/s to topping off at around 3.5 mb/s.

I never had it download under 4MB/s on my end, but it seemed to be pulling from a repository in Toronto and I'm a stones throw away from that(under 150km).

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
14. No subject Apr 8, 2015, 20:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 18:45:
That's what I call a letter and throttling from your ISP waiting to happen.
What's funny is a lot of ISP's here in Canada have caps of 60-100GB/mo. That means downloading it you'd blow through most of your cap in one day, I can't wait to see what happens to all the rogers, bell, telus, cogeco customers when that happens.

walrus1 wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 19:55:
Yeah cuase we all have bluray roms.

I don't, but if I needed one I could head to my local computer shop and pick one up for $50-70 Canadian. That puts them about par with CD/DVD burner combo's for several years after they were very common in everything. They're by far not expensive anymore.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed
21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2015, 03:54 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 02:41:
Yeah, whereas most companies plan DLC, I also found this marketing announcement oddly timed. Perhaps they thought if people knew more development was forthcoming it would convince them to buy it?

That's most likely the case, plus some people want to know that there's a continuation of development regardless of when a game has gone gold. I was quite happy to know that in pillars of eternity's case, as I'm just as happy to know that Witcher 3 will have at least two expansions.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video
22. No subject Apr 8, 2015, 03:53 Mashiki Amiketo

Dacron wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 21:57:
For what?

I've had GTA 5 in my GMG games for 2-3 months. With a Vice City Key listed. It was a pre-order bonus... how did you think they gave you the key?

My post was made the day BEFORE the gta 5 keys were out. NOW there is a second, GTA 5 key which was emailed today. It is ABOVE the vice city code under GTA V.

There has been a key listed for GTA V since DAY 1 if you pre ordered and got Vice City.
For pointing out that you were wrong. I should have probably taken a screenshot last night at 2am when the keys showed up in peoples accounts, but you can jump over to the playfire forums and see that a number of people not only myself received their keys *before* the emails went out.

Your post was made on the same day that the keys went out. In my case I now have two GTA:SA keys in my account. My GTA:SA key starts with PDRD my GTAV key starts with PEEF.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed
31. No subject Apr 7, 2015, 23:31 Mashiki Amiketo

Brataccas wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 21:30:

Michael McCann did a phenomenal job on the HR soundtrack and I'm crossing my fingers he'll be back. In the meantime, he is going to be posting the music from The Fall and Missing Link on his site sometime within the next month, so there's that at least. I highly recommend his Splinter Cell: Double Agent soundtrack if you haven't given it a listen yet.

Double nice. I'll have to give it a listen later.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed
12. No subject Apr 7, 2015, 21:19 Mashiki Amiketo

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 18:40:
I'll wait for the Extended/Director's Cut/Whatever The Fuck Else They Decide To Call It to go on sale for $15. How would we already have two expansions, complete with play times, if they weren't planned and cut from the full title? I'm sick of this shitty trend. A lot of the stuff I've been seeing of this game makes me less than confident it will be a quality PC release anyway. Too busy playing GTA 5 at the moment to listen. XD

The same way that back in ye olde days they could already have expansions planned out for games. Remember BG? BG2? NWN? Yeah all those games had expansions already planned out in advance and it wasn't cut content. You finish Pillars of Eternity yet? There's no cut content, and there's an expansion planned already. How about Shadowrun?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed
17. No subject Apr 7, 2015, 21:16 Mashiki Amiketo

I'm sure hoping they bring back the same composer for the music. Deus Ex had amazing and original music for the time, Deus Ex:HR had amazing music by today's standard as well.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

20. No subject Apr 7, 2015, 21:11 Mashiki Amiketo

Dacron wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 09:52:

That's the GTA: vice city key (if you pre ordered early) I've tried it in steam it says I own the game already. It (gta V) has been under games under a blank menu since the start, with a VC activation key.

When it says "GTA V Tier 1 key" It's not vice city, and the emails with the keys came out 12 hours after they showed up under the menu. You're welcome by the way.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

14. No subject Apr 7, 2015, 05:02 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 03:00:

Really? The books use "Yeah" and "Gotcha?"
I have seen it in the fan translations of stuff that hasn't been officially released so yes. I have a feeling that there's some 'lost in translation' stuff. Not saying it's good, but I have seen it.

Also for those that preordered GTAV from GMG keys are out. No email, but they are showing up in the games page now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

12. No subject Apr 7, 2015, 00:31 Mashiki Amiketo

Bradley wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 20:37:
That dialog is horrible.

The dialog is very similar to what you'd find in the books.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. No subject Apr 6, 2015, 08:27 Mashiki Amiketo

Caladell wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 01:38:
Tempting, but what about region lock? Anyone every buy from them?

I've bought a bunch of games from them, never had a problem. They list whether or not a game is region locked or not right on the sales page so you know what you're going to buy. They're also a legit retailer, and if I remember right one of the largest e-retailers in Brazil.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. No subject Apr 5, 2015, 14:55 Mashiki Amiketo

siapnar wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 11:30:
Any tips on where to get GTA cheapest?

Looks like GMG has it for $10 less than Steam, which is kind of surprising
GMG usually or nuuvem. I got mine through GMG back in January for 33% off with a code they owed me. Don't normally see it cheaper than 25-29% off.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GOG.com Internet Speed Testing
12. No subject Apr 5, 2015, 04:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Rigs wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 01:37:
You youngin's are a funny lot. I used to play on Genie back when it's competitors were Sierra's online network - TSN (which housed some really simple board games brought to digital, like Checkers and a rudimentary Red Baron online mode, which I never played because 2400 baud just didn't cut it even for simple-shaded polygons apparently...not to mention the $7.95 PER HOUR
=-Rigs-=

Well if we want to get into the olde stuff. The first modem I had was 1200 baud, it was the people who didn't know what a BBS was that used things like AOL, Compuserve and so on anyway. The rest of us were quite happy, and we got by without having to drop money on those things. Never mind that all those things were door programs on most BBS's, and of course we can't forget that those doors also had cross-BBS competitions. BRE, FRE, LORD, dozen or so other games. Though I met plenty of people though the boards and even hooked up with a girl in another city when I was a teen.

It was the people on the craptacular stuff that caused eternal september. Usenet was never the same again after that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GOG.com Internet Speed Testing
9. No subject Apr 5, 2015, 00:29 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 22:25:
Maybe he only played Commander Keen and the original Loom? Don't judge ^^
Well I guess it's not our fault they're still stuck on 14.4k

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3657 Comments. 183 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo