Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3846 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10
41. No subject Aug 19, 2015, 00:49 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 07:58:
Illegal in Canada? Yet Microsoft can still make you sign this illegal document and do business there without any repercussions? Sweet...

ELUA's and so on can't waive rights in Canada. That what makes it illegal(or if you prefer a technical violation), meaning that the terms are unenforceable on the consumer. MS can make all the demands it wants, but you're not bound to any of them. The items under their privacy policy are null under the privacy act(federal), the privacy act(provincial), and the consumer protection act(provincial).

They can do business all the want.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Aug 18, 2015, 21:39 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 09:16:
Hocking also spent time at Valve and at LucasArts following his time at Ubisoft before joining Amazon in 2014

I can't figure this guy out, he jumps like crazy...

Reminds me of a guy I used to work with, he'd change jobs every couple of years because he simply got bored. With all the experience he had, there was no problem finding another though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

27. No subject Aug 18, 2015, 07:19 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 03:03:

It doesn't matter if its happening right now or not. The EULA grants Microsoft carte-blanche to do whatever the fuck it wants now, or in PERPETUITY. Do you understand that word perpetuity?

Illegal in Canada, so it really means absolute shit to me. If it's that much of a problem where you live, perhaps you should consider pressing your local government to enact laws that protect your privacy rights.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

20. No subject Aug 17, 2015, 23:51 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 22:17:
Take your own advice. The proof is already out there. It's incontrovertible. I'm not being contrary for its own sake. If you don't mind using it, your loss - of privacy, but don't tell other people it's not what MS is doing because they are. How much would like to bet within the next 2 years we'll see a shitstorm of epic proportions come out of all this when it comes to light they've been doing all this and worse?

Then you shouldn't have any problem coming up with an article or three that uses actual proof, including verified sniffer data that this is happening right? And doesn't use weasel words to imply it and generate clicks.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

17. No subject Aug 17, 2015, 22:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 20:55:

So stop lying for them already.

Start thinking for yourself, and stop believing every time someone uses weasel words to make an article that it's true.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
21. No subject Aug 16, 2015, 21:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Cpmartins wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 09:35:

And I wasn't even going by the faq, it was by personal experience of over a year frequenting the board. Even on a thread I was posting the content was removed so quickly there wasn't even time for it to be displayed on my end. It was removed between the auto updates.

Sounds about right. The auto update defaults between 20sec and 540 seconds, and removing something that quickly is quick.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
6. No subject Aug 16, 2015, 21:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 15:56:
The odds are low that the SJWs will ever be caught that called in the bomb threat. Wonder if their Patreon donators would be charged with aiding terrorism?

Well the swatters thought they would never be caught for calling them in on twitch streamers too, and they were nailed. So there's a chance they'll get caught, apparently there were 10 bomb threats against the SPJ event according to Milo Yiannopoulos.

Just remember, game journalism is corrupt as fuck.

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 2015, 23:02.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

17. No subject Aug 16, 2015, 06:12 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 04:55:
I think that the end result of this is for people looking for something exotic, yet still legal, they will choose a search engine other than Google. This activity suggests that Google is too willing to err on the side of caution.

8ch is back on google search results now. I have a feeling it was SJW's in a coordinated mass-reporting binge. It wouldn't be the first time that they've done that either.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

14. No subject Aug 15, 2015, 23:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Something else that gets me, is the whole SJW crowd. They've been attacking the owner of 8ch for nearly a year now because he allows a pro-GG board to exist. But here's the kicker, he's a cripple, has brittle bone disease, is confined to a wheelchair, doesn't live in the US(but a US citizen) because it's too expensive for him to do so with his medical conditions. And he's attempting to become self-sufficient by operating 8ch.

For that, they've doxed him, attacked his accounts to get money from. Paetron and Gratipay(gratipay is in legal trouble because of it and is being federally investigated), and in general trying to ruin his life and well being. All the while saying "we want to help people..."

SJW's attacking a cripple, because he's not on their side and "not the right type of person" while believing in free speech.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. No subject Aug 15, 2015, 22:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Cpmartins wrote on Aug 15, 2015, 19:21:

Yes, they do delete it as quickly as reported, and the consequences are legally warranted by US law, are they not?

They indeed do it as quickly as reported. That's the only stipulation under US law that's required. And it's right in their FAQ.

Deleting content under obscenity and definition of obscenity. For those that don't read it they state they have a 1hr turn around time for deleting illegal content, that's faster then FB or even twitter. NCMEC has a 48 hour turn around for notification and removing illegal content.
Content under DOST

The fact that they spell it out more clearly then facebook which has a serious CP problem, or twitter which also has a CP problem is laughable. But since they're 'big companies' they of course don't get their content removed.

So just remember, if you use FB or twitter going by the flappy headed idiots -- you're a pedophile. Because they also have illegal content on there. Then again sites like ARS really have a problem with 8ch(in turn 2ch and 2chan) because they're open free speech platforms, and they've been advocating censoring speech that hurts peoples feelings.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2015, 23:13.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools
30. No subject Aug 14, 2015, 23:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Despoiler wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 12:15:
Verno wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 11:59:
KilrathiAce wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 10:35:
Can entire combat be modified so that it doesnt suck?

The combat could surely be improved but why does it suck?

It's console combat.

Button mashing doesn't work on Witcher 3, it's more likely to leave you dead just like in the second one.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. No subject Aug 10, 2015, 21:58 Mashiki Amiketo

DangerDog wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 14:42:
The bit about Firefox being slower in Windows 10 sounds suspicious to me as well, are they intentionally gimping performance to get people to use their "fast" edge browser?

Firefox is turning into shit and has been for the last few years, every release has more bloatware, more crap, more useless 'features', that slow it down. They've lost so much marketshare in the last 4 years that they should be very worried. They went from ~60-70% of the market down to 6-9% or so.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Star Trek Online Season 11 Plans
6. No subject Aug 10, 2015, 10:57 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 09:02:
Have they made the away missions NOT suck? I played for a while a couple of years back and managed to get quite far in very few hours. Didn't pay a dime too. I just did the story missions and while the space missions and combat were awesome the terrible, awful, POS boring away missions just made me want to puke all the time. This is why I quit.

They revamped all ground combat a few years ago, from what I hear(wasn't playing then) it's massively improved over what it was.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
3. No subject Aug 10, 2015, 10:04 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 09:54:

I prefer their ES games. They are much better suited to them, it's their in-house IP and their last ES game Skyrim was pretty damn good. Better than Oblivion, and nearly as good as Morrowind.

I for one can't get excited at all for F4. I'm expecting a mediocre game, let's hope Im pleasantly surprised.

Going by the screenshots of FO4, I'm expecting worse then mediocre. The only redeeming quality might be the crafting system. But the who dialog thing just rubs me the wrong way, especially considering the text-heavy way FO1/2/3 is.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. No subject Aug 10, 2015, 08:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Brazor wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 03:49:
I haven't been paying attention to this game but I'm kind of surprised that it's still going. What's the population been averaging these days?

If you want to play for the story, it's very much worth it. Otherwise don't sink your money into it. Population wise? Who knows, it's got a large enough pop though that they keep releasing content and expansions though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. No subject Aug 10, 2015, 02:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Well it could get me playing again, I don't think I've touched the game in two years. But I did enjoy the hell out of it when I was playing it and had plenty of time to do so.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. No subject Aug 9, 2015, 22:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Techie714 wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 14:44:
Still enjoying Witcher 3, it's a great game.....But man is it LONG! I swear I must have like 100+ hours in it & still feel like im a long way from the finish line....

Easily 250 hours with all the side quests now, especially those they've added in. I was around 200 hours on my first playthrough, and I still skipped 90% of the caches in Skellige.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. No subject Aug 8, 2015, 22:36 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 15:45:
So why aren't they arresting Tea-Partiers in that case?

So whey aren't they arresting SJW's in that case? They both use the same blocklist that ISIS uses and even retweet them.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Homeworld ReMacStered
4. No subject Aug 8, 2015, 22:35 Mashiki Amiketo

I'm still waiting for a good price drop before I buy it, especially since I own the originals.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Journey of the Light Steam Refunds
14. No subject Aug 7, 2015, 11:29 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 09:10:
Great example of (devs) needing to get it right the first time, or you're toast.

This is a great example of scam artists getting slapped down hard.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3846 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo