Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2815 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Starbound Patch "Hopefully" Wipes Out Wipes
1. Re: Starbound Patch Jan 27, 2014, 15:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Early access game, where patch formats can still change. It's still late-alpha/beta quality and if you don't expect things to earth-shatteringly change you shouldn't buy it this early.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
23. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 26, 2014, 00:35 Mashiki Amiketo

shinchan0s wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 19:09:

Yeah, the fact that the left and Democrats have been far more vocal on this issue for a much longer time before House Republicans suddenly thought privacy rights were cool because, you know, Obama.

The Patriot Act and FISA only got extended, not expanded, under Obama - with the Republicans' blessing from the House and Senate (Democrats made the majority of no votes in both houses).

I'll admit, Rand Paul has been pretty consisently against it, but let's not lump the entire left with Obama on this issue. The House vote was just another political sideshow. That's what the House does. Let's wait until they do something substantive before we start calling them heroes, k?

You mean the democrats who were so vocal over it that they gave overwhelming support of it?

And perhaps I should have used "illegally expanded outside the scope of their mandate under Obama." After all if there's no oversight, and it does happen on that presidents watch, it is that presidents problem.

And yep Rand Paul has been pretty consistently against it, but let's be realistic. Most of the left have been pretty a-okay with it, especially under Obama's watch. It gets worse with the media who are licking his hands like a lapdog, on issue after issue. And if you don't think so, you can take that as an "outside observer into american politics." Even in el-liberal Canada our previous Prime minster(liberal) couldn't get the media on his side during the massive fraud scheme, and that investigation is still going on to this day, along with investigations, charges and people still being locked up in jail over it. Been almost 10 years now they've been going after people. But it was running from '94-'04.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Blizzard Layoff Rumor Addressed
4. Re: Blizzard Layoff Rumor Addressed Jan 25, 2014, 17:31 Mashiki Amiketo

panbient wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 17:19:
No... but relocating 10-15 people from a division certainly IS some sort of writing on the wall. Especially where it's described as a "major portion" of the team. That seems pretty indicative of a coming office shutdown.
Blizz is pretty well known to like having everything within reach of their irvine offices, if the guy didn't know that going in he knew less of what goes on in his own backyard than people halfway across the country.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2014, 17:11 Mashiki Amiketo

Let me see if I get this right. Both sides agreed to it, both said it was necessary at the time. American people mostly agreed to it on a limited basis. New government comes to power, expands it, but it's all the previous administrations fault for the current one using it, abusing it, and expanding it. So, the one half of the isle says enough...and left-leaners are up in arms over it...saying it's all their fault.

I miss anything?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Blizzard Layoff Rumor Addressed
2. Re: Blizzard Layoff Rumor Addressed Jan 25, 2014, 17:04 Mashiki Amiketo

fawker wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 14:47:
that's called seeing the writing on the wall
Hardly. If it's California it's more of a case of "I don't want to drive/move/etc, out of the area I'm in." One person is "not writing on the wall." Especially not one person from an acquired division, who was probably in a bad mood to begin with over having been bought out.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
57. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 16:00 Mashiki Amiketo

djinn wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 14:41:

[edit] This game looks terrible. What's with the effects overload?

It is pretty damn terrible at least imo, I didn't even make it out of the newbie zone in the last two stress test weekends. It just didn't feel right, like the movement or feel of the world was off. Maybe it was the uncanny valley kicking in. And the effects? Oooh shiny.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2014, 21:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 17:49:
social media is not a disease.
You're right, it's a plague.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2014, 14:59 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 09:23:
Even worse than the anti-vaccination crazies is the the horrible overperscription of antibiotics nearly everywhere in the world.
What I found interesting in the article was the comments, especially the "but x" because "I believe y" and all the rest. I'm expecting the next bug to smash us in the face to be a flu variant, not antibiotic resistant. Here in Canada we've had a nasty flu season, and 90% of the one admitted to hospitals are for the swine flu instead of regular flu.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers
7. Re: WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers Jan 22, 2014, 14:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 10:57:
I played on Area 52 -- the issue there was the population was 9 to 1 Horde, fortunately I was Horde. Wonder if that is still the case...
Quite a few servers like that going by wowprogress. Malganis is the same way which is where I was, it's something like 9.9999:1 Horde. I actually think there's enough alliance on there they could form a 10 man raiding guild, but that's about it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Jan 21, 2014, 19:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeah I pretty much got a "buy now or fuck you forever." Not exactly a sound plan by any stretch, and oddly he seems to be operating under the "Canadian Business plan." Which is "fuck you, I'll charge whatever the hell I want, keep it there, and treat you like shit--if you don't buy." Haven't gotten to the treat you like shit part yet, but I have a feeling it's coming.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2014, 13:54 Mashiki Amiketo

So incase anyone missed it, massive chinese default is incoming for Jan 31.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
54. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 22:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Axis wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 16:42:
Apparently desktops don't exist anymore and Crossfire is the only game that plays worth a shit on laptops?

Or... it's South Korea.
Asking a few friends that I game with over in S.Korea(they're born, raised and live west side--and all that) on it, it seems that it's more of a thing with netcafe kids, and highschoolers than anyone else. Though there is a following among the salerymen(30-45) group as well. I guess someone found a market, exploited it, and made an assload of money.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Mod Tools Beta
4. Re: Total War: ROME II Mod Tools Beta Jan 20, 2014, 14:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Stimpack wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 13:05:
Why do the AI turns take so long?
78 factions?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
34. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 14:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 10:44:

My guess would be the information is taken from the Blizzard store and the sales of all the over-priced, in-game merchandise. Given how expensive the average item is, it likely has a lot less payees than those who use a more modest and legit ftp system.
If that's true then blizz is easily raking in 800-1.2B+/yearly when you toss in the store stuff.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
43. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 18, 2014, 14:44 Mashiki Amiketo

crypto wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 11:59:
Has anyone calculated the cost of starting this game from scratch, 1 yr sub, base game, all expansions?
Well they just had a "all exp except MoP" for $9 during the holidays. And it looks like that's the standard ed. now which is going for $19+39 for MoP. MoP was down to $14 I think it was, plus $179/yr if you're paying monthly.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

39. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 18, 2014, 01:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Verno wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 15:32:

Damn that Blizzard, they really need to pay attention to the boot market.
Yeah well I've only got myself to blame...for posting with 3 hours of sleep. Blizz not paying attention to the boot market is to blame damn it!

And decided to resub at least for 3 months to see how the game has changed. Though I think I'm going to transfer at least my mage off my old server that I was playing on, it's got a 0.3-.5:1 A/H ratio now, and when I was playing it was 1:.9 or 1:1.2. Back at release it was an ultra high pop server and one of the first servers to get a split.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

35. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 15:16 Mashiki Amiketo

*bitch and moan* Blizzard doesn't sell buying boots to level 90.
*bitch and moan* Blizzard is considering selling boots to 90.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free Weekend
4. Re: Saints Row IV Free Weekend Jan 16, 2014, 20:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 19:24:
The bad thing is once you get superpowers less than 1 hour into the campaign you never have to drive again. It's all running and leaping across skyscrapers like somekinda Superman/Flash/Spiderman hybrid.
The matrix has you Neo.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2014, 14:36 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 13:46:
That fish shot is wild. Is there an english page for it?
Nope, but if you toss it into google, then wait for the page to load and hit translate you'll get a close approximation.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 12:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Really? You can see them managing to scrap something together out of the 300+ books that are out. Well I suppose, but if they can't scrape something out of Thrawn and Daala, they've either got the laziest writers, or the poorest.

Oh and blue, if you're using Win7 or 8 I'd recommend trying shark007's codec pack

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2815 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo