Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2981 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2014, 14:23 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on May 9, 2014, 12:31:

You do realize that a LIVING wage - not MINIMUM wage - makes for a much stronger economy, right? No, of course you don't.
*snort*

Do tell when there has ever been a living wage in the US. I'll tell you right now, the answer is never, the only reason why there's a minimum wage is to ensure that entry level jobs like...fast food, get paid at a point where it's survivable. And let's be realistic, you can survive on it. It's not a career. Hell I know people who live in ~$12k/year in Canada that's disability. And that's half the earnings of someone who'd make it as minimum wage working straight. And I've been there myself.

I look at it like this, if they want to wildcat and strike. It just means that they can get their asses fired and someone else can take their jobs. Last time I looked you guys were in full shit-mode regarding jobs.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hearthstone Balance Change Plans
10. Re: Hearthstone Balance Change Plans May 8, 2014, 15:05 Mashiki Amiketo

shinchan0s wrote on May 8, 2014, 14:33:
The sky is blue, water is wet, and Hunters are IMBA. What else is new?
They forgot to look to see how other card games dealt with IMBA issues? I played MtG at a non-professional level, but I was making money at it(going back almost 20 years ago). And while there was "builds of the week." You could still beat them using off the shelf cards easily enough.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse May 6, 2014, 19:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Duh. If you think ISP's aren't throttling then sandvine wouldn't be still making a mint selling their boxes.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > EVE Online Kronos Next Month
13. Re: EVE Online Kronos Next Month May 4, 2014, 05:11 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on May 3, 2014, 22:40:

Obviously I actually hate MMO's
It's more of a simulator than a MMO though. If you're fair to okay at say the stock market, you'll do just fine playing EVE.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > EVE Online Kronos Next Month
10. Re: EVE Online Kronos Next Month May 3, 2014, 22:26 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on May 3, 2014, 21:28:

Nothing CCP will ever do will make this game newbie friendly.... unless they make it an SP game or allow private servers.
I thought the game with plenty newbie friendly to begin with. I think you're looking for uber casual friendly though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2014, 10:02 Mashiki Amiketo

I'll call that lucky Blue. We've had 5 days of rain here over in Southern Ontario, it's overcast now and they're calling for even more rain and T-storms today, with more rain tomorrow. I say if you can BBQ something up in the morning do it.

And just so the weather can grind it in...or as my grandfather used to say: "And God said, let Canada be pissed on..." 2 days of sunshine forcast on Monday/tues, with 5 more days of rain. I think May is the new April here.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Free Blizzard Oldies
12. Re: Free Blizzard Oldies May 3, 2014, 10:00 Mashiki Amiketo

Stormsinger wrote on May 3, 2014, 00:48:
What, you think faxing them a copy of a driver's license means shit? Anyone over the age of 13 can grab a fake image of one of those, under whatever name and picture they like. That's not security, that's just theater...all at the cost of the customer.
I didn't even need to fax them a copy of mine. I took a photo with my cell phone of my passport and blanked out the serial number on it. And seriously, if a 13yr old has enough time to photoshop up a DL, and use it to hijack an account. Then they're old enough to head off to juvie for their trouble as well.

jacobvandy wrote on May 3, 2014, 03:28:
I've never heard of Blizzard wanting your DL... What use could they possibly have for that? You sure you weren't being phished? Or are you just being facetious?
Issued government photo ID is needed if your account's been compromised, and then they'll release it back to you. Doesn't matter what it is(DL, healthcard - we use photo ID for that here, passport, LCBO card, native card, etc), but that's all you need.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. Re: Free Blizzard Oldies May 2, 2014, 20:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Stormsinger wrote on May 2, 2014, 20:04:
Well, since I can no longer access my battle.net account unless I send them a copy of my driver's license, I won't be dealing with Blizzard again.

I guess I should have said "screw 'em", I don't care how much they spend on customer support for stolen accounts.

Really? That's your big problem in dealing with Blizzard is them taking account security something on the serious side? Geeze, imagine if it was something actually important.

Brumbek wrote on May 2, 2014, 20:09:

But Blizzard did make Lost Vikings 2...

Anyway, The Lost Vikings, such a classic! Man I loved that game way back. I will have to play it again, although who knows how it will hold up.
Yeah but it wasn't as good as the first.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2014, 20:33.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Free Blizzard Oldies May 2, 2014, 18:21 Mashiki Amiketo

No shit? Lost vikings, I haven't played that since I think the SNES. I always wished they'd made another game based on that.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Specs
34. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Specs May 2, 2014, 18:09 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on May 2, 2014, 09:10:

"OMG I can't belef game takes 1/40th of drive" - ah-hahahahaha...

And to think of how many of us were ecstatic when we could do a "full" install of BG or BG2 when we got that larger HDD. No more slow CD load times!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
14. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 15:49 Mashiki Amiketo

PHJF wrote on May 1, 2014, 14:57:
Oculus Rift, that thing that existed long before Carmack joined the company?

Good luck with that.
In terms of IP law, it doesn't matter. If you write something that's proprietary for the company you were working for, they own it--unless it's in your contract clause that you retain ownership. You can't "take it with you" when you go to a new company. That's where a lot of people get caught up, this isn't exactly something earth shattering and happens more often than people think.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 Free 4x4 Expansion
4. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 Free 4x4 Expansion Apr 29, 2014, 23:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Seriously? What the? Having been a mechanics apprentice for years, I never want to do that job again.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Watch Dogs Season Pass Details
9. Re: Watch Dogs Season Pass Details Apr 29, 2014, 13:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Only ever bought two seasons passes for games, one was for SR4, the other for BS:I. Worth it on both cases, especially when they were on sale. Can't say I'd do that for this, probably easier just to wait for the GOTY version to come out.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 13:02 Mashiki Amiketo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 12:07:
If you miss 80s coke, not sure where you live, but here in Minneapolis and the metro area there are Mexican Mercados EVERYWHERE. They import a TON of their products and they have Mexican Coke filling the shelves. I grab em all the time. Heaven.
I live in the SWON. Used to be that you could go over to Detroit and hit Little Mexico and find some every now and then, but last time I went over the store I used to go to had shut their doors.

Oh and for anyone who uses Xbox-360 live stuff, dealzon posted a link for a 12mo sub for $37.41.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 11:23 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 10:18:
Im getting strange dejavus of Coke and mexican sugar cane....
I always like Dr. Pepper made with sugar cane as well. It's pretty damned tasty, and coke, like they had back in the 80's when it was made using actual sugar was nice too.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 09:55 Mashiki Amiketo

You know, you could always hop across the border(or have one us send ya some) and buy them up here in Canada. :p Our Hostess side never had any of the BS happen.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 29, 2014, 09:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Really? $10 gas card..damn. Then again I seem to remember promos like that popping up every once and awhile too, tells me that the consumer market is slowing heavily.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
17. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 20:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 19:56:
You guys still butthurt over Bungie selling out and becoming console guys? Let it go fellas. It was ages ago. You know exactly what the deal is here. We'll always have Myth. The rest is forgettable shite.

You mean they sold out to become console guys, because it was the "new hot shit" and they're now trying to stay relevant. Unfortunately they're undecided if PC's despite market data are "in" again, so they're waffling. And unsure if the PC gaming community will still shun them.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 28, 2014, 18:49 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 18:32:

Little do they realize that a fully loaded Desert Eagle weighs a little over 5 pounds. That's right folks, let's go to the range and hold a 5 pound bag of sugar at arms length for a few magazines. Not so cool now, is it? Not to mention that even with the gas operated recoil system, the recoil is pretty hefty in every caliber, but especially in .44 and .50. Oh, and those .44 mag and .50 AE rounds are over $2 a shot.
Yep pretty much, first gun I got good shooting with was a .22LR(back before they changed the laws up here in canadaland), then when I was in the US it was a Glock 9mm, followed up with his AR-15 both of which were my buddies and we'd be down at the NG range south of Indy every weekend. His dad had a desert eagle, the damn thing was like a bear kicking in your hand. I wasn't a fan of it, not a single bit. Loved the glock though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
43. Apr 26, 2014, 23:55 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 22:15:
Star Citizen threads might as well just have comments disabled at this point.
Meh I've seen more serious shit flinging in threads regarding *he who shall not be named* and his games.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2981 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo