Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3663 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
19. No subject May 11, 2015, 23:44 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2015, 19:27:
It's a good point that a lot of these are probably due to it being bundled with video cards, but still that's a lot of preorders.

Pre-orders don't count towards that total in most cases. They're counted as complete sales.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
6. No subject May 10, 2015, 22:48 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on May 10, 2015, 17:22:

Insanity!

Nicely done. I've always enjoyed Jamiroquai's music. What I find absolutely hilarious is the "videos not available in your region" crap. I heard space cowboy on the radio here the other day, but no-no canuck heathen you can't watch it online...

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. No subject May 10, 2015, 22:32 Mashiki Amiketo

DangerDog wrote on May 10, 2015, 19:55:
Yeah, I guess I was reading into it that future versions were going to be some sort of "computing in the cloud" Windows 365 type service.

As I see it for the PC market most people won't put up with it. You can get away with it in the business market, but I sure don't see your average PC user going that way. Especially PCMR folks, who will jump to a free alternative.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Into the Black
6. No subject May 9, 2015, 01:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Here's one from Ontario.

Truck passes a snowplow hitting another truck.

Driver of other truck later found and charged

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Star Trek on GOG.com
9. No subject May 7, 2015, 13:33 Mashiki Amiketo

ViRGE wrote on May 7, 2015, 13:28:
Klingon Academy was vastly superior as far as gameplay goes.

On the other hand, I'm glad they've included 25th and Judgement to start things off. Those are some excellent games all-around.

Sadly I'm at the point where I think no one knows who owns the rights to KA. I'm just glad I've got a CD copy of the game and it still works so when I get the itch I can play it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Star Trek on GOG.com
6. No subject May 7, 2015, 13:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Needs: Bridge Commander and Klingon Academy. I enjoyed KA way, way, way more than BC.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
3. No subject May 7, 2015, 13:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Oh that's nice. I can't wait, I've been itching to play this since last year. The Ciri bit at the end was awesome though...fuck yeah.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. No subject May 7, 2015, 12:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Razumen wrote on May 7, 2015, 10:36:
You can't possibly be serious. You do realize the majority of Muslims in the world are peaceful, decent people right?

Well that really depends on the issue doesn't it? Especially when you look at the poll/opinion surveys and so on. And you get anywhere between 10% and 55% with open support of extremist opinions.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade
14. No subject May 7, 2015, 12:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Nice I was considering a play through really soon, I guess that means I should put off until the update rolls out.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > AU Tax on Digital Purchases Possible
13. No subject May 7, 2015, 12:13 Mashiki Amiketo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 7, 2015, 10:49:
Online purchases should be taxed. That's the case in Europe and prices here are fine.

Wow you don't get taxed enough already? I already pay 13% tax on nearly everything I buy...not having to pay taxes on games is great in my book.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
26. No subject May 7, 2015, 05:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Overon wrote on May 6, 2015, 22:54:
According to GMG statement, CD Projekt Red did not make an agreement with GMG about reselling Witcher 3. And they were not happy about that, they said that CD Projekt Red focused on GOG selling instead and didn't make GMG an approved reseller. GMG in their statement also said that they got the keys from CD Projekt approved resellers.

Here is my speculation: GMG got mad that they weren't allowed to be an approved reseller, so they bought keys from official approved resellers and are selling them at no profit or little profit (basically wholesale prices) to purposefully undercut the approved CD Projekt resellers.

They are sending a message that says "This is what happens when you don't allow us to be approved resellers, we undercut your price (even though we get little to no profit) and make you look bad, so next time you come to an agreement and let us officially be your selling partner instead of shutting us out." It's a hell of a way to do it. Companies don't like it when there is variability in the price of their item. It pisses off their approved resellers who do not want to be involved in a price war.

What do you guys think about the likelihood of my speculation?

Good theory, but I don't know of any company that can sell that low at cost. Even in the wholesale end, when I knew what the pricing structure was there's no way anyone was making 50% most of the software especially gaming had a very low markup from wholesale to reseller. Usually in the $5-10 range, sometimes less. CD Projekt though will be able to figure out where the keys came from though, once they get a few of them. And you can bet that they'll buy a sample size from GMG to figure it out.

At the price they're selling, and it's just a guess they're selling at a loss for between $10-19 per unit. Unless they're buying keys from a country that has a huge difference in currency.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
82. No subject May 7, 2015, 05:48 Mashiki Amiketo

HorrorScope wrote on May 6, 2015, 22:45:
It had nowhere near the tech, push or wow comments you get today vs back then. It was less than Money For Nothing Gfx and terrible gameplay at an amusement park costing you a bundle per minute.

Remember the old Mechwarrior setups? They weren't all that either. Well games survived and large scale pvp/coop took off at home vs arcade and continually improved to awesome. But if we were stuck in a Mech or VR world of 1998, yes guaranteed fail.

Dunno about that, for the tech of the time it was big, there was a huge, huge push by several companies, and there was lots of 'wow' comments then just as now. I remember quite a few computer and video game stores that had live demos of it. So I guess we'll see, but I expect that it's going to be a niche product.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. No subject May 6, 2015, 22:33 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on May 6, 2015, 11:53:
But for business, there's also a downside. We have to test patches before rolling them out (and have a fallback plan), and doing them at determined times, instead of just at random, when MS kicks one out, is going to be interesting.

You'll probably end up doing what we're doing. Setting up your own "patch tuesday" and locking down the machines so they can't receive updates until you push them through. Though we're watching this as well, the big kicker on how this rolls out in the first couple of months will decide if we go with Win7 or Win10 for the floor.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
78. No subject May 6, 2015, 22:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Talisorn wrote on May 6, 2015, 19:07:
Anytime I hear someone say that VR is a gimmick, I KNOW they haven't actually tried it. It's not a gimmick. It's a game changer!

Your comment reminds me of what people were saying in 1998, it was a gimmick then. I've tried them then, tried these now. I'm still not convinced that it's going to go mainstream either, I expect it'll end up just like the "3d TV" craze that they tried pushing a few years ago...lots of awesome...no content. Then again PC gaming is generally 10-15 years ahead of the home market so who knows.

If they can fix the nausea problem that I get from using them, that'll be great. But even the range of 3D glasses make me sicker than hell, and that's because I've had a serious brain injury in the past.

Anyway, regardless of whether or not it goes mainstream or remains niche pushing the boundaries of what we have is always good.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
9. No subject May 6, 2015, 22:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 6, 2015, 21:57:
Never heard of any 3rd party keys selling at GmG until now, which I guess puts them much more in line with other key slanging sites like Kinguin. I guess they decided they were missing out on potential profits from not going this route.

GMG has been doing it for as long as they've been around. Pretty much every site does if you're buying through a 3rd party. Doesn't matter if it's G2A, Nuuvum, GamesRepublic, or GMG. As someone mentioned buying leftover OEM keys happens, so does keys from videocard makers, and bulk orders from wholesalers. I.e. buying 25k physical units from ingram micro and so on with another company and so on.

It's not shady by any stretch, but if you've never wondered why they can swing deals like that you've never worked/been involved in the reseller or wholesale world.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW @ 7.1M Subs
6. No subject May 6, 2015, 22:15 Mashiki Amiketo

ForgedReality wrote on May 6, 2015, 21:57:
Wow. There's that many hopeless, fat neckbeards in the world?

Considering the number of women that I know that still play it, pretty sure it's not all hopeless, fat neckbeards. For some reasons it's very popular with the women where I work, where as the guys don't find it enjoyable anymore. The last time I enjoyed playing the game was back when Wrath was released. I've tried going back a dozen times to play and nope...no fun now. I enjoyed the hard grind, complex skill trees and all the rest.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Beta
8. No subject May 5, 2015, 21:42 Mashiki Amiketo

jimnms wrote on May 5, 2015, 20:19:
I got an Alpha invite a few days ago, but I haven't tried it yet. I probably won't use it though. I just download the game's installer and extras and back them up to an external HD.

There's a few bugs in both still mostly relating to it detecting installed game, but in terms of stability even the alpha is rock solid.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. No subject May 4, 2015, 19:34 Mashiki Amiketo

GUYS...GAUIS!

I've got a brilliant idea, I'll kill the mod community at birth.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Includes Batgirl Prequel
6. No subject May 3, 2015, 20:55 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on May 3, 2015, 20:41:
Thought the anti-GG side was too busy this weekend calling in fake bomb threats.

Well you forgot that one of them also pulled the fire alarm there as well. I'm sure they were more busy cheering on Chu for being an agitator.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
34. No subject Apr 30, 2015, 22:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 14:33:
Played Watch Dogs on PS4, loved it. IMO, better than GTA V. (I know, blasphemy.) Can't wait for the sequel.

I played it on the PC and enjoyed it, I enjoyed GTA V too and would like a sequel just as I'd like a sequel to child of light. I remember a lot of people went on and on about how Just Cause/2 are great games, so I picked them up on sale a year or so back. I can't fucking stand them.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3663 Comments. 184 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo