Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2979 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2012, 18:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 18:36:
Spot on. If it wasn't this it would be something else. And how is it hokum exactly? The Cancer society is hokum. Heaven knows how many billions they've raised over the decades with almost virtually no improvement. Even Harvard medical school said cancer will be uncurable for a long, long time to come, if ever.
I hope you're joking. 30 years ago my grandfather would have been dead from the bladder cancer he had. 20 years ago he would have had a slim chance of survival. 15 years ago, he was one of the few given an experimental Interferon-a treatment along with low-dose chemo. He was clear and free from that. 4 years ago he died from Cancer though it was due to melanoma which had spread into the lymph system and literally ate the bone structure of his spine away while spreading through his body.

Sorry there's been advancement's and a lot of them. What would have killed you 20 years ago, you have a pretty good survival chance of today.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
87. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 17:49 Mashiki Amiketo

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 17:05:
]

Hold up there smokey. This "official" company line on production woes and availability is complete and utter BS.

Activision / Blizzard is big enough of a company that they can invest in Vasco's operation if they really needed and help make these wonderful devices that Blizzard is slowly realizing is a necessity on their service.

BUT THERE JUST ARENT ENOUGH FACTORIES IN THE WORLD TO MAKE THESE!! AND THINK OF THE COST TO ACTIVISION WHEN SO MANY WOW PLAYERS ALREADY HAVE ONE. Please. This argument stinks of shite.
So, Vasco doesn't have enough production capacity but it's Blizzards fault? No wait it's Vasco's fault? Never mind, let's get to it. I'm guessing you don't have much of a clue of how this business works. Batches are made, they also have to be placed on customer priority, and those batches also have to be designated for each customer. And of course each batch uses it's own unique key. Let's not to forget that it's an encryption device as such falls under import/export restriction controls. Meaning that only particular companies can make them, and in particular numbers of batches too.

I'm glad you don't have an idea of how this entire thing works. "Throwing money at it" does not work in this case.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2012, 17:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Heads up the 1.6 patch resets all your keyboard bindings. Oh yay?  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

72. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 16:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Smellfinger wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 16:21:

The end result is the same if RMHA is one of the reasons you purchased the game. Unless you have it, you're walled off from a major feature.
No it's not the same result. And you're not walled off, walling you off would require you to provide POD, plus proof of ident, plus several other things, while region locking it. If you were planning to use the RMAH you more than likely already had an authenticator, if you weren't using two factor authentication for something money related, you're asking for it to be taken.
Classic logical fallacy.
Incorrect. There's no fallacy there, rather the realities of economics. See my previous post on the other page, blizzard isn't allowed to hog all of the FOB's.
The problem is that it wasn't a requirement until after the game was released and millions of people bought the game with the assumption that RMAH would be a baseline feature.
It's still a baseline feature, so what's the problem? The AH is still there. The RMAH is still there. At the very worst and you're american you need to drop $6.50 and get one, or get one for free on your cellphone. In Canada and other parts of the americas you pay $17 in shipping(yay shipping), or get it free on your cellphone. Again, this still isn't a problem.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

60. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 15:59 Mashiki Amiketo

RailWizard wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 14:59:
As you say, they are cheap. Why not ship them with all their games? So people end up with more than one, they DO run on batteries, so it will not go to waste anyway.

It's not like Blizzard is sitting in the poor house saving up for boxes of Kraft-Dinner and Kool-aid in order to sustain themselves..............
Blizzard isn't Vasco's only customer and they're only allowed a specific number of FOB's in a batch that's why. They(Vasco) have to have enough to cover banks, government, cellphone providers(yes you can get a external fob for your phone), other games that use them, and so on.

It's pure supply and demand. Blizzard simply isn't allowed to "hog the entire supply."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2012, 15:55 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 15:30:
I hope it doesn't break too many mods. I was just getting ready to start a new playthrough...

Creston
Yeah same here. Guess I'll find out in a little bit. Though SKSE is already updated for those that use it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

48. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 14:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Smellfinger wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 14:37:
If Blizzard wants to add a dongle requirement to Diablo 3, they should include it in the box like every other product that uses this form of authentication.
Yeah except the fob isn't a dongle. Different hardware, and plenty of people who've been playing WoW already have one. Why have two? At that, they sell them at cost. And you pay shipping so, what's the problem again?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2012, 13:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Pretty sure that skyrim was just updated to 1.6 on the PC. My exe is now reporting a version of 1.6.89.0  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 11, 2012, 13:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Wookiestick wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 11:44:
I was playing during the great lag quake for Diablo 3. Luckily I am not hardcore for hardcore, but there was a lot of complaining in general chat.
I did die though.
Yeah I was on my normal char at the time not my HC one. What do you want to bet that it was related to AT&T taking a dump all over the place again?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

22. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 13:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Tumbler wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 12:47:
I despise authenticators. Tried using one for SWTOR and found it extremely annoying.
How can you despise 2 factor authentication? I mean really. Does your bank suck or something, I mean even my bank gives me a keyfob for online banking.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 10, 2012, 23:05 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 22:32:
How would you do that for an oil refinery?
One-way interconnects via a hardened server if need be.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2012, 19:41 Mashiki Amiketo

India has a serious stick up it's ass as it is. 50-70% of their population has no running water/sewage service. But more people are gaining access to information about the outside world. That's how revolutions start, they're trying their damnedest to stop that, after all. How does it look when your neighbors over in Japan and S.Korea not only have running water and indoor plumbing but toilets that can wash your ass for you?  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 19:37 Mashiki Amiketo

ASeven wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 19:21:

Source? Fallout 3, despite of everyone's opinion, was a hell of a great exploring game.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4 It's got all the skishy details at what is known right now. It's been in development for atleast 3 years now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 10, 2012, 17:04 Mashiki Amiketo

I'll be perfectly honest. Why the hell would you hook your PLC's in production to anything that can be accessed by the outside. No...really. Every PLC program I've ever written, or setup, or had connected to a network was setup so it was in a secure mode state, or in an offline state. If we really needed to update something we'd bring the entire line down and do maintenance at the same time.

Oh and passwords...well passwords are good, but remember they're also only as good as the sites salted-hash tables. Or lack thereof. I'm looking at you Sony and your plain text.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Neal Stephenson's Sword Fighting Kickstarter
8. Re: Neal Stephenson's Sword Fighting Kickstarter Jun 10, 2012, 16:57 Mashiki Amiketo

RailWizard wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 16:29:
Seems like an odd choice for a science fiction writer, but still interested.
He really doesn't fall into the traditional sci-fi writer though, more like a near-future writer.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 16:53 Mashiki Amiketo

Bucky wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 14:50:
Now the question is: do I pick up Warlock: Master of the Arcane now, or do I hold out and hope it goes on sale during the Steam summer sale?

Sure, Diablo 3 is consuming my life right now, but at some point I'm going to come up for air and want a different game to play.
I'm waiting for the summer sale, I've got enough games on the go. At worst I'll wait for thanksgiving/black friday.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 14:46 Mashiki Amiketo

I'm pretty sure I still see a Skyrim up there. Ahahaha...make a good game and they will come.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Neal Stephenson's Sword Fighting Kickstarter
2. Re: Neal Stephenson's Sword Fighting Kickstarter Jun 10, 2012, 14:43 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeah the KS video was pretty good. But I don't know how much demand there will actually be in such a title. I do like his books though, I'm just about to go back and re-read Quicksliver and Cryptonomicon.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes and More
24. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes and More Jun 9, 2012, 23:31 Mashiki Amiketo

Dev wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 21:36:
Already "WILL" be? No, its already DONE.
You can see the price of gold crashing by the farmer spam in general chat. It started out at $20+ per million gold. It was down to $10 last I checked (probably less now).
What I figure is that the farmers are trying to cash out while they can, because the RMAH is going to put a serious damper on their business. Everything will be tracked, and the fun part is I'll be blizz will be able to stop payment going out if the try to cash anything.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes and More
12. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes and More Jun 9, 2012, 19:08 Mashiki Amiketo

PHJF wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 19:04:
I just thought of something else... in D2, a lot of people highly disliked certain changes Blizzard made over the years and saw fit not to use "the latest and greatest" version put forth by Blizzard. I suppose D3's system means players have to use what Blizzard tells them to, whether they like it or not.
Pretty much. Though until either pvp comes out or a ladder system, the arguements won't matter much. Melee still get a 30% def. bonus in melee range unlike ranged characters. And when you get a "arcane, extra fast, vortex, fire chained, desecrator, vampiric, extra health" chewing on your face it doesn't matter if you're melee or ranged. It's better to run in the other direction.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2979 Comments. 149 pages. Viewing page 57.
< Newer [ 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo