Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3118 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Panel Video
17. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Panel Video Sep 13, 2012, 19:11 Mashiki Amiketo

Slashman wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 16:27:
Damn!!! After that RPS article, I may just preorder this now!! ARRGGHH!!! Wall Angry
Yeah I'm almost sure I'm gonna preorder this next week now. I keep putting it off but at this point...argharhlashmarashras;lkjasrf.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 13, 2012, 14:51 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 05:36:
I'm not surprised at all at more Islamic violence.
"Breathing is unislamic, riots ensue."

You know it would happen.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Panel Video
9. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Panel Video Sep 13, 2012, 14:46 Mashiki Amiketo

For those not looking at RPS: 40 hours on with xcom

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
75. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 19:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Icewind wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 18:37:
Wardell is a Republican anyway. Screw him and his company.
Good on you, don't let that bigotry eat away from the inside. Let everyone know that you're setting the "new tone" right here and right now.

Beh. I can't say I'm surprised to see comments like this.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
54. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Beh.

Sexual harassment complaints are the easiest "get rich quick" schemes on the planet these days.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 6, 2012, 13:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Odd, wonder when someone is going to hold Obama's academic records ransom.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Sep 5, 2012, 23:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Sepharo wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 22:43:
My company has been struggling to fill the desks, just not enough devs to go around.
Good heads up and interesting. I know a few people who were working at RIM who are out of work. I'll pass that along, housing in Windsor is dirt cheap right now and I know they'd have no problems moving and cross-border commuting. They already have their NEXUS cards.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Sep 5, 2012, 22:31 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 21:46:
I love to cook, but I'd never be a chef. Likewise, I love playing games, but I would never want to be involved in making them, unless I did it as a hobby. It would just take all the fun out of it.
Hah I dated a girl back a bunch of years ago who had done training in Swiss, Italian and Japanese. She could cook stuff that would make your brain melt for it's deliciousness. When she quit working in it, you know what her words were? "This job is nothing but a sweat shop, I hate working 14 hour days, and I hate this entire fucking industry."

Yeah it happens everywhere. Though to be honest, in a down turn economy, there's no such thing as normal. Every company will push what they couldn't get away with 5-6 years before hand because there is a glut of employees out there who will take the job if you quit.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 5, 2012, 22:25 Mashiki Amiketo

That's okay. Hyped up news costs you...

*Dr. Evil* One meeeeillllon dollars!
What?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > NPD: U.S. Video Game Player Totals Drop
4. Re: NPD: U.S. Video Game Player Totals Drop Sep 5, 2012, 22:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Yep, you're right. NPD doesn't include Steam or similar services and as more of them grow NPD will continue to show a similar decline.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Beta Underway
39. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Beta Underway Sep 5, 2012, 20:00 Mashiki Amiketo

MattyC wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 17:46:

No hard price though.
Last rumor had it at $29-39 or so on internal SKU pricing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 5, 2012, 16:32 Mashiki Amiketo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 15:26:
Not sure why a coroner would ever make a judgement call like that - they are scientific and factual - the rest is just hearsay.
Because in some places being a corner requires no medical training. In the UK you can become one with only legal training(barrister/solicitor). Welcome to the micky mouse system.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 5, 2012, 14:38 Mashiki Amiketo

The telegraph continuing it's fine downward slide into journalistic oblivion. Makes you wonder why it's not doing an investigative piece on why the corner used CoD instead of oh...everything else that was mentioned in this thread instead. Video games are just the easy way out when you're looking for a reasonable answer. I know, I was on a coroner's jury and this was one of the causes that was looked at. It was very easy for the people who didn't pay attention to say "that was it."  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Sep 4, 2012, 18:11 Mashiki Amiketo

It's funny though, that if you look at the most popular mods outside of the usual nekkid bodies, armors, weapons and textures for skyrim, oblivion, and FO3/NV you'll see that they're mods that not only increase the difficulty of the enemies but increase the overall difficulty of things that are in the game itself. Such as hardcore mode.

So there's obviously a draw for not only hardcore, but even a higher level of difficulty. Hell when I played DX:HR I found DX mode stupidly easy, right around normal mode compared to the original DX.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
25. Re: Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines Sep 3, 2012, 21:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 18:28:
The couple of female gamers out there will be happy. Otherwise who cares?
There's a lot more of them out there than you'd think. My better half spends more time gaming these days than I do, and my last three ex's were habitual gamers. They were also heavily into anime and manga as well. Oddly enough I can't honestly remember a GF who wasn't a gamer, even as far back as highschool. Then again, the last three were also heavily into cosplay and con's so who knows maybe they were just crazy.

Wait did I mention both my sisters are gamers? Yeah I know...doom walks among us, and it has ovaries. Sorry no they're both taken, so no luck for you scoring a gaming chick.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Labor Day Safety Dance
4. Re: Labor Day Safety Dance Sep 3, 2012, 20:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 19:16:
With Android apps it tells you what permissions you're giving the app by installing it. So people just need to learn to read before they install.
Yep. I'm constantly surprised at some of the updates that I've seen. A new update for google maps just came up for my phone, which includes tracking and 3 dozen(disable keylock on the phone, disable phone from sleeping, broadcast location, directly call numbers, records audio, manage accounts lists, read phone identifier information, including phone number and serial #, allow NCF and full internet access, discover all known accounts, google accounts on phone, and view all configured accounts) other things which weren't on the previous version. No thanks, I'll keep the old version.

But this is going to get interesting, because a lot of these apps are cached in Canada on their own server. Which means they fall under the privacy act. All it's going to take is someone getting angry enough to file a complaint over it up here.

Though that's not quite as good as one of the QR readers I ran across. Which wanted the ability to turn on datapacket networks, and make remote calls.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 20:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Enahs wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 20:14:
You pay 25% more because we like to take advantage of our neighbors. You get 25% less because people like there numbers to feel right, 763mL is just wrong.
No. Back in the 70's when this was done up in Canadaland, the price jumped by about 25%, and the quantity dropped by 25%. In the "great change-over" what you're talking about has nothing to do with it. Welcome to the great screw-over.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 18:36 Mashiki Amiketo

Enahs wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 16:55:
That is how it is at the very bottom of the United State, to the middle, to everywhere.
Yeah that's only because they've been trying realllllly hard to get the US to switch to metric for the last 25 years. Just remember if they ever do, you're going to end up getting screwed over just like we did up here. 25% less product, and pay 25% more.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 16:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 15:17:
It's Labour Day in Canada. Shame on you, Mash!
Bah I live within 150km of the US border. That whole "our/or" thing is interchangeable, it's why you can buy everything in two standards of measurement here still, and why grocery stores sell everything double stamped in lbs/kg, L/oz/Gal. Never mind that every digital thermometer they sell here comes in dual setting mode still. Hah.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 14:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Labor day in Canada too. We're lazy on both sides of the border today! The end of summer in Canada starts when the mosquito's no longer drag away dogs, that's usually the start of October.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3118 Comments. 156 pages. Viewing page 56.
< Newer [ 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo