Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2815 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard Trailer
12. Re: Diablo III Wizard Trailer May 1, 2012, 15:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Hudson wrote on May 1, 2012, 15:20:

I suppose you play Gnomes in World of Warcraft too right?
That's kinda funny. I know someone who plays a gnome, and is the most feared pvper on the battle group with people fleeing when he joins. Good times, good times.

Ah hudson, if you weren't so bitter ... well I just don't know. But things wouldn't be quite so interesting.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA Crowbar Tease
12. Re: NVIDIA Crowbar Tease Apr 27, 2012, 23:14 Mashiki Amiketo

zombiefan wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 23:06:
A pry bar is not a crowbar.
Most people no longer know the difference.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Events
22. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 03:46 Mashiki Amiketo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 02:40:
Looking around....not seeing any pre-order bonuses. Not even a mouse pad or something. hell, I bought Max Payne and got a mouse pad back in the day. Still use it today!
Yeah to be honest man, not much of that anymore unless you're ordering the super-duper-deluxe edition with the automatic ass-polishing kit.

That's like asking where the cloth maps are.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Events
18. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 01:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Acleacius wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 23:34:
It's crazy to ship so full of bugs to your customers, at least from what I read there tons of issues with this game.
Been in the beta for a long time, have yet to see it 'full of bugs' except for the minor problems between release patches. And those get fixed rather quickly.

Product full of bugs? Not so much.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 18, 2012, 15:22 Mashiki Amiketo

kibbled wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 12:55:
Mine was out. I am not going to gripe about it. I never noticed when my gmail has gone down in the past if it has, and this time was only an hour. I wish my work email was as effective.
Hell, sometimes way back I wish my general isp email was only down for an hour. Rogers had a 4 day outage, ody 3 days, huron.net and NNT were both out for nearly a week. An hour? Fuck people are whining about an hour?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
3. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Apr 18, 2012, 01:55 Mashiki Amiketo

deqer wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 20:52:
Cool.

How is that going to improve wait times?

Or how it's going to make GMs any more useful when it comes to actually resolving an issue?
23mins tonight, and they seemed to have fixed the problems with my shammy being stuck at 1% from 81 without a problem.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Microsoft Not Dropping GFWL
59. Re: Microsoft Not Dropping GFWL Apr 17, 2012, 20:56 Mashiki Amiketo

FU wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 20:27:
business strategy says otherwise
Yeah. Pretty sure you're wrong about that. The last time I saw Gabe he was swimming in cash like Scrooge Mc Duck.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > WoW Customer Service Changes Coming
10. Re: WoW Customer Service Changes Coming Apr 17, 2012, 04:11 Mashiki Amiketo

Hatyara wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 03:04:
I deleted a char in 2010, 2 years later I lodged a ticket to get the char undeleted. Within 15 minutes my char was back, this was at 11:30PM Sydney time. I think the service is pretty good.

I have played many mmo's and so far Blizzard's CS for WOW is the best I have seen.
Yeah same here. I've undeleted a character before and got fast service on it within an hour. I once fudged up, and lost items in the mail because I made two characters with identical names. Got all the items in about 30mins after I filed a ticket.

They are slow on bots and other things like that. But the upside with bots is it gives you plenty of time screwing around with them. Like drowning them, or throwing them off cliffs, or training them into other cities that are the opposite faction and watching them get slaughtered for hours on end. Or training elites on them...yeah fun times.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released
38. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 04:08 Mashiki Amiketo

Crustacean Soup wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 21:38:
Time to finally buy this?

I'm still wary; I couldn't stand the gameplay mechanics in Witcher 1 one iota.
You shoulda bought it right off the bat. I hated them the same way in the first witcher. Got used to it though after a second playthrough. Witcher2 thought? Leagues above. It's almost like you were walking along a stream and found a gold nugget the size of your fist.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Apr 16, 2012, 20:17 Mashiki Amiketo

killer_roach wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 16:03:

Except hiring is up the last couple of years... that being said, youth unemployment rates are still eye-popping, and that will likely create a drag on the industry (teen unemployment rates have been over 20% for the last 41 consecutive months).
If you mean that "hiring is up" in "temporary seasonal, and under performing jobs at min. wage" then I suppose so. Otherwise it's all magical job making that doesn't exist. Last time I looked the U6 was around 16% with 88m people out of work in the US alone. That's not even counting people who have simply given up looking for work. It's far worse in the eurozone where the general unemployment rate is between 16-42% for workers in the 22-42 range, and the youth(and teen) unemployment rate is between 28 and 55%.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Apr 16, 2012, 15:51 Mashiki Amiketo

Sales have been weaker the last two years. And there's an easy reason to see why. It just gets shakier when bad job data goes out and rumors of "you're gonna get laid off" start circulating in the office. Especially just before summer.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: You need to start a petition. Apr 15, 2012, 16:29 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Apr 15, 2012, 16:25:
Troll harder.

Sounds like a troll, and a paid shill all in one go. GFWL = the suck ass.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 15, 2012, 16:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2012, 16:18:
Wow, miracle of miracles.
What I find funny though, is that the warrantless tap only applies to exigent circumstances and has been on the books for nearly 50 years and the courts have been fine with it for ages. Well the oversight part is what they had a problem with, it'll get changed and be back.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2012, 19:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 18:40:
... because I don't think I can ever eat a normal brat again.

Try to find a european delicatessen(though the old fellow is german, and his wife is dutch), the one that's in my home town back east makes their own reindeer, elk and moose brats. Damned tasty.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > World of Warcraft Welcome Back
11. Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Apr 14, 2012, 16:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Acleacius wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 12:24:
If I wasn't having fun in TOR I might check it out, ...
If I had fun in TOR I might not have come back(prolly the worst purchase I've made since AoC), especially with STO having gone F2P I'm pretty much set in terms of mmo's between that and WoW.

Well it's a fair song and dance, but it was around 2 years apparently since I last logged in. It does feel better and combat at least is smoother finally.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 11, 2012, 15:23 Mashiki Amiketo

Most people I know have a reader, and just pirate the book. Especially if they already own a copy or two, and want something that's easier to carry around. The only thing that stops me from going to ebooks is that most of the cost exactly the same, or more than the paperback or hardcover versions.

Here's a fine example: The eye of the world, $9.35usd ebook kindle. The eye of the world, $4.99 new paperback, or $7.99ebook kobo(both cdn prices), seriously? Fuck and you.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2012, 15:51 Mashiki Amiketo

Nothing confusing about polar bear numbers. They're so damn common it's scary, we see them in Ontario in the north and fairly far south into northern ontario. Hell they had to shoot a few out in nova scotia and quebec this year because they're getting like the black bears and grizzly's and just wandering into town for an easier meal.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout Free on GOG.com
15. Re: Fallout Free on GOG.com<br> The original <b>Fallout</b> is being offered on <a href= Apr 6, 2012, 02:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Hah. First time I played it I was still working as a 'repair tech' at a computer shop, yeah needless to say nothing got done that day. But damn if it wasn't such a great 8 hours.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 5, 2012, 15:32 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Apr 5, 2012, 10:02:
Is that even legal for Verizon to do?

And the sooner more people cut the cord, the better.
Yes. Because the courts ruled against dry-dsl a few years ago(10ish? 12ish). And it allowed companies to do away with selling only dry for a specific service. It'll prolly go back to court though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut
70. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 15:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Yifes wrote on Apr 5, 2012, 15:18:
Try to think about your actions within context of the story, instead of just watching a cutscene. It's a whole game, and the end cutscene is just a part of the ending. I know its hard, but try not to let the pretty flashing lights distract you, k?
If it wasn't for your UID, I'd think you're a paid EA-biodrone troll trying to say "everything is grand, and fully fills all the plot holes" by doing the same cinematic sequences with coloured lights.

When I read a book, the ending is there. I just finished playing BG, and the epilogue was sure a cinematic but it fit the story. When I play PS:Torment, the ending is a cinematic but the actual choices I make in the game determine what happens and how I get there, and what happens to everything in between. When I completed BG2/TOB the same deal happens, but my choices through those games also decide what happens based on my alignment. BGTOB was a 'three choice option' but did it very well.

Coloured ending with explosions is what Micheal Bay does.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2815 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 55.
< Newer [ 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo