Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2818 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
10. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers May 23, 2012, 20:00 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on May 23, 2012, 17:25:
Mashiki if ya find a cooler for the evga560ti let me know, but yeah when the fan hits 70% or higher, it's pretty loud.
Will do man, same with you. I'm keeping my eyes open.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers May 23, 2012, 16:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Verno wrote on May 23, 2012, 14:55:
I had forgotten how loud the coolers used to be in those things til I heard that. Thankfully eVGA did a really fast exchange so I could use the thing without getting yelled at.
Yeah good point on the coolers, I find my evga 560ti to be obnoxiously loud a times especially when the fan hits around 70%, and have been hunting for a good aftermarket cooler. But I've yet to find something that will work.

I will say though, evga is pretty damn good at the whole RMA process. I had a 560 die, and got a rma fast. I picked up a new 560ti and it died within 20mins out of the box, bad vram. I called the store where I got it from and had a 3way conversation with them and the evga rma rep. They gave me a RMA for the card so the store could ship it right back, and a credit to the store(canada computers) for a higher rated card(the DS super clocked w/lifetime warrant) for nothing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers May 23, 2012, 13:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Optional nickname wrote on May 23, 2012, 13:14:
are these the drivers that will prevent Diablo 3 from melting down my 5th computer at home?
If Diablo 3 is melting down your computer, you have more serious problems. Perhaps you need an exorcist or someone specializing in demonic invasions.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
38. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 13:58 Mashiki Amiketo

So let me see.

We have people bitching and whining when games aren't released for the PC by companies that used to be PC centric. And now we have people bitching and whining that PC games are being released by a PC centric company.

*my head is full of wtf.jpg*

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Security
32. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 23, 2012, 03:36 Mashiki Amiketo

Sepharo wrote on May 23, 2012, 01:38:
Yay everyone is looking at my Facebook, I'm popular! I've made it!
Hah.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

26. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 23, 2012, 00:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Sepharo wrote on May 23, 2012, 00:48:
I'm on all the social networks and I post a lot of info publicly. I challenge you to go find my mother's maiden name and my pet's name in 30 seconds (or I suppose just one of them in 30 seconds)... GO!

No cheating either, you only get 30 seconds, and I'm pretty sure the info is out there somewhere.
I'm sure it is. But if someone is compiling a list to farm accounts they'll already be working off a list and have me beat. Besides, the point I made about 30 seconds stands true.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

21. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 23, 2012, 00:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Kitkoan wrote on May 23, 2012, 00:00:
What kind of questions are those and thousands of them are being guessed too? Those are rarely touched after first done so a key logger doubtfully would get so many. If they are popping up for hacked accounts, how are they cracking account name, password and rarely touched but uniquely answered private questions? All without getting noticed to a IP/unique warden based ban?
Considering you can glean the answers to most security questions in about 30 seconds because people are idiots and post everything online, I'm sure you can see the problem already. Facebook makes circumventing that trivial, especially since most people use a school, town, pet, or current s/o as their questions.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 22, 2012, 22:58 Mashiki Amiketo

eunichron wrote on May 22, 2012, 22:43:

So, either people who claim they've been hacked with an authenticator are lying (You think people would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?), or they just didn't bother to formally report it, giving Blizzard no information to work with.

There's a blue post I'll see if I can find it, but the only case of the an account being hacked with authenticator on it relating to D3, is when the authenticator was added after the account was hacked.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 22, 2012, 22:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Kitkoan wrote on May 22, 2012, 22:16:
The app versions are free. Not sure about the SMS thing though. I'm not defending Blizzard here, but their knee jerk answer is free.
App version is free, sms version is free, and if you get hacked they give you an authenticator. Can't quite figure out the problem here for some people.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
173. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 04:06 Mashiki Amiketo

Dev wrote on May 22, 2012, 01:11:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 21, 2012, 20:02:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149539239#4

For what it's worth.

And the promised just posted official response:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149619846#1

Basically just says "trust us, and use authenticators" without addressing anything about the hacking issue.
A post in d3 forums says its about grabbing session ids in public games and spoofing them, which wouldn't surprise me. That would explain the reports of people with authenticators getting hit.

Except:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149619846?page=29#571
Bashiok- Community Manager

We've been taking the situation extremely seriously from the start, and have done everything possible to verify how and in what circumstances these compromises are occurring. Despite the claims and theories being made, we have yet to find any situations in which a person's account was not compromised through traditional means of someone else logging into their account through the use of their password. While the authenticator isn't a 100% guarantee of account security, we have yet to investigate a compromise report in which an authenticator was attached beforehand.

If your account has been hacked, please view the previous post for information on contacting our support department.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

163. Re: General complaints, longish May 22, 2012, 00:11 Mashiki Amiketo

Sepharo wrote on May 21, 2012, 23:01:
Whether you enjoy the game or not doesn't change that they've included must-always-be-online DRM on the SP with the only gain being "you can use the AH in SP". It's a really greedy move with the thinnest veneer of a "benefit".
I thought it was *you could make money on the SP* if it was otherwise, you could claim so.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

146. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 20:02 Mashiki Amiketo

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149539239#4

For what it's worth.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

131. Re: General complaints, longish May 21, 2012, 19:18 Mashiki Amiketo

ASeven wrote on May 21, 2012, 19:07:

But those names don't have a strong appeal as Diablo has. Not even SimCity. Just look at the sales of Civ V and the sales of D3 in its first days and you can see Diablo is in a class of its own when it comes to brand recognizement.

As for the good ol' days, yeah I remember but you are forgetting a critical difference from then and now: Publishers have a lot more money now than they could dream back then. As such publishers today do have the financial means to create a server structure that could withstand D3's flood of gamers in the first day. That they didn't either smells of cutting costs or pure negligence and I'm not sure which one is worse when it comes to security.
Might want to go look at those numbers and numbers for other games, while you're still looking up the others.

I see you're still thinking that just because you throw money at network infrastructure you're going to get instant results. Even at throwing money at something you're going to have problems that you didn't forsee, oddly like the AT&T border routers crapping out. Haven't been paying attention to the net in general you wouldn't have seen that. "Server infrastructure" is a very small part in the grand scheme of things. That you don't understand it, means one of a few things.

Prez wrote on May 21, 2012, 19:13:
Remember the days when a big game was released and the main story was the game itself, not the DRM, broken servers, and cash shop hacking? *SIGH*

Blizzard was better when they were game-makers first, not businessmen.
Sure do. Then again, I don't remember the last SP/MP game where people could sell their shit through their own service either.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

117. Re: General complaints, longish May 21, 2012, 18:45 Mashiki Amiketo

ASeven wrote on May 21, 2012, 17:43:
Food for thought in 2 points:

Beh. I'm guessing you don't remember the good ol'days of /. huh? You know when people could crash a server simply by posting a story. I'm guessing the world at large then don't know how to run a server either. Well never mind that might be true.

Depends on the game, I seem to remember plenty of people defending ME3, and many more against so...yes.

I'm guessing you've never played Civilization, Simcity, or The Sims either, those games sell on their names alone.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale May 21, 2012, 18:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Luke wrote on May 21, 2012, 08:42:
haha so when it hits 5-10$ it is ok with the drm , come on either you say jay or you say nay to that shitty drm. show some backbone here
That is showing backbone, it's showing what you feel the product is actually worth.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

63. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 15:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Flatline wrote on May 21, 2012, 15:02:
I'm actually willing to go with this moreso than the insider idea I have had haunting me for years (I make a horrible conspiracy nut).
That's not a conspiracy theory. Your security is only as strong as it's weakest link, in blizzards case this is CS and the possibility that someone is feeding out account info. Way back when I was still in a computer related job, back about oh 8 years ago, there was a guy in our ITsec division at the time who was stealing and selling some of the usernames and passwords from one of the server clusters we were managing. Never did find out what the server was for, I was way far too down to work at it then.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

50. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 14:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Accounts cracked.
Or
Servers info hacked.

There's a fundamental difference between the two. I'd figure that most of the old people like me, would actually remember this.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 May 21, 2012, 03:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeah so I took a bit of a longer look since I stopped playing for the evening. It's pretty simple to adjust the skill level.

Yeah it's actually pretty easy to adjust the leveling ability in the creationkit, took a look now that I've had some time. It's much simpler than I thought, even easier than morrowind's.

Pop open the CK, hit Character at the top. CLick "actor value" click the type button so the AV list is sorted. Scroll down to "skill" then edit the value down to whatever you want.

i.e. Onehanded used a skill use mult of 6.3000 dropping this down to 3.15 halves the leveling rate.

Should take all of about 10mins to do up your own mod for it and adjust it to right where you want it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale May 20, 2012, 23:50 Mashiki Amiketo

I think I'll wait for the ultra-deluxe version of anno 2070 before I pick it up, that way I can skip buying all the DLC.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 17:44 Mashiki Amiketo

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 20, 2012, 17:42:
Nice post Mashiki - just remember guys, we have the other forum and I have been keeping things in there for Skyrim and some other games.

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=topicsindex&boardid=3

Added Mashiki's post to the thread.
I completely forgot about that. Cheers man.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2818 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo