Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ NO-441628*Spam
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 2815 (Senior)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 26, 2012, 00:04 Mashiki Amiketo

PHJF wrote on May 25, 2012, 19:50:
Then video games taught me headshots are often too difficult and to aim for center mass instead. Besides, how many pedestrians wear kevlar?
Funny enough, up here in Canadaland they make you train to put 3 rounds(in 6sec) into the head of a prisoner with your 9mm before they let you get out of depot(rcmp and federal prison guards). Centre mass only comes into play if they're more than 23ft away now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 25, 2012, 16:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Overon wrote on May 25, 2012, 14:55:
Based on what I read, I think this study shows that shooting video games make you better shooters in real life. Kind of like going into the military makes you a more efficient killer.
If that was true, I wouldn't have missed hitting the target out of the first two clips I emptied out of a glock on a range.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > 38 Studios Closed?
85. Re: 38 Studios Closed? May 25, 2012, 13:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Sepharo wrote on May 25, 2012, 00:51:
So this part is a little vague but I can at least determine that you don't want the government giving people money if they earned it because of senseless reason. What would you say the inane reasons are? Who determines what is inane?

I just picked a random reason...
I like when government gives people money to build and maintain roads.

I'm sure you don't think that's senseless, sorry... What are the inane reasons? It's hard to argue with an *x*.
It wasn't vague at all. The problem is you're believing that all government is essential, your first choice for *x* was roads instead of say foodcare programs, or some such. There's a fundamental difference between the two, not only is there a difference between the two, but private groups like churches, synagogues, and the like along with private business do a much better job at doing them.

These are called donation based services. And funny enough they do work very well. Roads though, different story different subset.

By the way, anyone thinking that Obama has been great for sunshine and dasies. You're now looking at a 51.7% DC and 36.2 CA youth unemployment rate this summer that's getting into european territory.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 25, 2012, 13:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Really there Amazon? Racist Canada has voter ID laws. So should the US.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again
19. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 00:29 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on May 25, 2012, 00:06:
I like the AH system. It lets me use a guaranteed stream of income (gold) to purchase items outright, rather than relying exclusively on luck of the drop. It also gives me and easier and less time consuming way to unload unwanted items.
Indeed. It works well, as long as you get a feel for the market. Seems that the 'rare stigma' is sticking around though. Even though I've seen some pretty decent yellows that outstrip blues if you put a gem in them.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

54. Re: 38 Studios Closed? May 25, 2012, 00:25 Mashiki Amiketo

Sepharo wrote on May 24, 2012, 21:59:

Yeah fuck roads. I lay my own asphalt with my own money.
Congratulations on not only fully skipping but summarily missing what I said. Go back, re-read, and then see where you went wrong.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

38. Re: 38 Studios Closed? May 24, 2012, 21:32 Mashiki Amiketo

Sepharo wrote on May 24, 2012, 21:16:
According to the GOP "class warfare" is the reasonable call for an increase in taxes. But they've all signed some idiotic pledge to never raise taxes for any reason ever. I LIEK MONEY
And that's a problem how? I like money. In fact I try to find new ways to make money so I don't have to worry about making money. And I like my money so much that I want other people to emulate what I do, so they have their own money. What I don't like is the government taking my money and handing off to someone and saying *here you earned this* because of *x* inane reason.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

23. Re: 38 Studios Closed? May 24, 2012, 20:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Beelzebud wrote on May 24, 2012, 20:34:
The person that racked up that debt was George W. Bush. The debt wasn't erased the day he left office.
Wait he racked up $5T in debt all on his own? You mean he's still in office and blowing TARP money every year(tip it's still in the budget), because there hasn't been a budget and it's still operating on fiat.

Damn...the legacy of that guy, being president while not president is amazing!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: 38 Studios Closed? May 24, 2012, 20:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Beelzebud wrote on May 24, 2012, 20:09:

Step outside the bubble.
Wait. How does one person rack up $5T in debt and have the lowest spending in 60 years?

Edit: Oh wait, I get it. It's because you can turn around and "massage" the numbers, and then apply the difference by inflation. Oh how silly me.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 24, 2012, 19:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Prez wrote on May 24, 2012, 18:33:
How in the hell do you enforce something like that?
Only way to do it is to force everyone to have their own unique ID that they're required to use when posting ala s.korea, otherwise it's a useless system. I'm sure they'll see a huge jump in Ivona Humpalots and Hugh Jass.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 24, 2012, 18:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Dear NY:

Protip from S.Korea, it didn't work there and the law is being repealed. It won't work there.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week
16. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 18:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on May 24, 2012, 18:13:
Yay, I can help Aria get Omega back? I'm sure she'll be really happy when the gates explode.

Creston
Well my shepard is already dead, according to their ending. So....how am I supposed to help her get omega back anyway.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week
14. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 18:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Beelzebud wrote on May 24, 2012, 17:43:

I never thought I'd see a day when Bethesda was making deeper RPGs, and giving better support for them, than Bioware... But here we are.
The best thing they every did was release the skyrim game jam vid, and let people voice exactly what they did and didn't like out of it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Total War: Shogun 2 Editor Released; New DLC Next Week
8. Re: Total War: Shogun 2 Editor Released; New DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 16:25 Mashiki Amiketo

shinchan0s wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:45:

If that's the reason. It's a pretty dumb one. How many TW play multiplayer much less cheat in multiplayer? Oh well. TW series is worse off for it.
A lot of people play TW for multiplayer, it's one of it's largest draws besides the realistic campaign ability.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Total War: Shogun 2 Editor Released; New DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 13:59 Mashiki Amiketo

shinchan0s wrote on May 24, 2012, 11:53:

Creative Assembly made games after M2TW less moddable. For instance, you can't alter the campaign map. A lot of other stuff is hardcoded, like the UI for example, so they can't be changed without dedicated tools from CA. It would be impossible to make a mod like Third Age with Shogun 2.

I understand why they're doing this - why buy the next TW game when the old one has a killer mod... but that just means were limited to CA's limp-dick offerings. The vanilla games are always embarrassingly bad.
Yeah I mean it couldn't have anything to do with all the screaming over the amount of cheating in MP or anything right? Which is why they finally got around to adding a Mod_flag.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. Re: Total War: Shogun 2 Editor Released; New DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 04:43 Mashiki Amiketo

shinchan0s wrote on May 24, 2012, 03:17:
A battle map editor. Whoopty-freaking-doo.

There's a reason why Medieval 2 is the most heavily modded Total War game.
It's been out for a long time? Besides, there's no shortage of shogun2 mods, actually there's nearly as many shogun2 mods out now as there are for Med2.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Total War: Shogun 2 Editor Released; New DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 00:01 Mashiki Amiketo

I guess I'm gonna have to try out TEd now. Wonder if all these changes will fix the pack problem that's been going on with units and music.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
10. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers May 23, 2012, 20:00 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on May 23, 2012, 17:25:
Mashiki if ya find a cooler for the evga560ti let me know, but yeah when the fan hits 70% or higher, it's pretty loud.
Will do man, same with you. I'm keeping my eyes open.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers May 23, 2012, 16:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Verno wrote on May 23, 2012, 14:55:
I had forgotten how loud the coolers used to be in those things til I heard that. Thankfully eVGA did a really fast exchange so I could use the thing without getting yelled at.
Yeah good point on the coolers, I find my evga 560ti to be obnoxiously loud a times especially when the fan hits around 70%, and have been hunting for a good aftermarket cooler. But I've yet to find something that will work.

I will say though, evga is pretty damn good at the whole RMA process. I had a 560 die, and got a rma fast. I picked up a new 560ti and it died within 20mins out of the box, bad vram. I called the store where I got it from and had a 3way conversation with them and the evga rma rep. They gave me a RMA for the card so the store could ship it right back, and a credit to the store(canada computers) for a higher rated card(the DS super clocked w/lifetime warrant) for nothing.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers May 23, 2012, 13:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Optional nickname wrote on May 23, 2012, 13:14:
are these the drivers that will prevent Diablo 3 from melting down my 5th computer at home?
If Diablo 3 is melting down your computer, you have more serious problems. Perhaps you need an exorcist or someone specializing in demonic invasions.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2815 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo