Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3268 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
32. No subject Oct 8, 2014, 04:40 Mashiki Amiketo

bobbyric wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 01:19:
This is my first time hearing about this chick and her troubles, but according to her presentation she says a lot of her "tweets" are falsified photoshops reposted by aggressors. Actually going to her twitter, you can't see her tweets unless you're a follower of her, of which there's only about 3,000
Sadly they're not photoshops, the "protected unless you're a follower" only started up recently. Until then you could see everything that she posted. There's plenty of archive.today links that show that they're legitimate tweets from her. The women is a bigot, racist, and believes that her opinions are infallible.

Speaking of which, new shit coming down the pipe. This is effectively the IGF telling a indie developer that they're not going to win, games aren't judged on merit. The IGF of course is run by GDC, who also runs gamasutra. You know the site that Alexander(the women we're talking about who's been posting insane tweets), works for.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2014, 04:47.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
23. No subject Oct 7, 2014, 19:31 Mashiki Amiketo

UHD wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 17:50:

I think it's funny that you take that sort of thing seriously.
I find it sad and pathetic that people go out of their way to make the original comments in the first place. After all, you're saying that the ones being "labeled worse than isis" are already engaging in murder, rape, slavery, beheadings, genocide and mass murder. Doesn't that strike you a someone who has not only a logical disconnect, but an empathetic disconnect from the world at large?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
14. No subject Oct 7, 2014, 16:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 15:12:
I'm burned out on this "issue". I just don't care anymore. None of it applies to me in the slightest and, quite frankly, I'm tired of this bullshit being spewed on the pages of this site as well as others that I regularly read for actual news about gaming, not faux drama.
I'd generally agree, right up until the point where people are calling me "worse than ISIS." Or that they "have more respect for ISIS" people like that just make sure that I'm going to keep going, and I'm going to continue to piss in their cornflakes over it. But just remember, if you're tired of it, ignore it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
27. No subject Oct 7, 2014, 06:28 Mashiki Amiketo

djinn wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 04:00:

You mean the reams of 0's and 10's from teenagers that are unable to score a game anywhere else?
Polygon 3/10 - Best game ever
Kotaku 11/10 - It's okay.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

20. No subject Oct 6, 2014, 23:00 Mashiki Amiketo

Qbex . wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 22:23:
I highly recommend playing it in right environment - in dark and with headphones on but that's rather obvious for any horror game.
I've got a 5.1 system for gaming, and it works very well for immersive games like this. Though if you have other people around headphones work.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

18. No subject Oct 6, 2014, 22:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Yep it's a good game. 1.5hrs in, good atmosphere, good "shock moments" just like in the first Dead Space, good SE and music to each scene. Nice crafting system. I'm quite happy with it, hard is actually hard no hand-holding either. Mileage may vary, but over all I'd put it in 9/10 material. IGN just being whiners over it. I haven't run across any bugs perse either.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
15. No subject Oct 6, 2014, 02:27 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 22:53:

The only reason, the ONLY reason, anyone knows about this stuff is because of her ex-boyfriend's "woe is me" blog.

But, according to the timeline on that blog, all the coverage came before she cheated on him.

It's the sole source we have, and a pretty good one, as it gave people like Julio the endless "burgers and fries" bullshit he won't stop saying.
But clearly you aren't even aware of this. Just jumping in, making comments on things you don't even have the basic knowledge about.
No, people have long had suspicions that there was something going on in the industry that included nepotism, shilling, bribery, corruption and so on. His "woe is me" blog simply cracked the shell open on an issue that many people already believe existed.

You realize that much of the coverage she got among others--such as jenn frank occurred afterwards or while they were shacking up with other people in the industry right? This isn't new, it's been there since the beginning.

Seriously man, it's shit like this that continues to piss people off. Oh and if you need the context. That's a polygon writer saying that people who threatened others over PAX(burning it down and another who wanted to acquire nerve gas and kill people) and the attacks on a 13yr old were just a "couple of people going too far." While claiming that #gamergate is nothing but white males, who do nothing but harass people. The cognitive dissonance must be earth shatteringly painful.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
34. No subject Oct 2, 2014, 14:48 Mashiki Amiketo

Madoc Owain wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 14:02:
It's really hard not to read most of these in anything but Simpson's "Comic Book Guy" voice.

10 minutes on any public gaming server will show that yes, the gaming community harbors a large number of misogynistic children who exist solely to tear down anyone "not them". It's shameful, and anyone who tries to change that culture has my support.

24-year-old gamer me would spend a lot of time and tears arguing about #GamerGate. 44-year-old me wants to throw up his hands and quote William Shatner.

Now, get off my lawn!
My sister is a hardcore gamer and plays a lot of FPS's(though her second favorite are RPG's), funny that the clan she plays with has zero problems with her, and she doesn't have problems with the BS that goes on either. It's probably because she also works in a male dominated job--federal prison guard at a medium/max security penitentiary here in Canada and can recognize the difference between a 10 year old, and a bunch of guys doing it because they do it with themselves.

The BS that's been going on enough that she started a new twitter account and jumped on board. The last time she was on social media she bailed on it all, and went to work in Alberta. That was because one of her ex's decided to get all stalkerish and is doing 5 years over it at Millhaven.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
30. No subject Oct 2, 2014, 13:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 13:25:

Dude, have you followed #gamergate at all? The misogyny is positively out of control.
And do you understand what an opinion is?

Lastly, here's a nice letter to Intel from the lead developer of Skyrim. Notice how he points out that people like you aren't the audience for Gamasutra, anyway.
Dude have you followed #gamergate at all? That misogyny that you keep going on about coming from shell accounts, bots, and especially sjw's who run around calling people shitlords, man babies, attacking women and minorities(thus the creation of #notyourshield). Perhaps you don't understand this.

Here's a nice response from Intel's CIO to the SJW crowd. You know, because the first thing that the sjw's did was rush-out, attack her, and claim that she was a "token women who was just hired on." You know this is the side that you're claiming is "good, kind, full of puppies and kittens." And wouldn't hurt a fly, funny how the bigotry comes flying out though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
26. No subject Oct 2, 2014, 13:15 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 13:11:
What lie, specifically, are you pointing to?
Don't be ASeven and say something without a link and a quote so people have an idea of what you're talking about.
Didn't you read the articles? If you did, then you'd already know that the whole "gamers are misogynists, etc, etc, etc," is a lie. So was the "there is no collusion" bit either. After all I've already posted that nice little plagiarism picture for you, showing that the articles all contain 35-45% non-original content.

Oh and the reason why Intel pulled their ads? "Dramatic shift in their editorial content." So yep, even Intel can see the BS on the walls.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2014, 13:24.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
22. No subject Oct 2, 2014, 13:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Quinn wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 10:36:
This just sounds so... I want to say unfair. Once you actually read user reviews and they all or most of them praise the game; you watch user gameplay videos and they look really good to you, you're basically saying you'd still wait for this massive discount. Wtf. :\
Unfair is what DA2 did to everyone, my fairness extends to offering them *some* money in return.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
21. No subject Oct 2, 2014, 13:03 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 12:58:
But again, there's no fucking way this is about journalist ethics if it targeted Gamasutra, which has not violated any journalist ethics.
Lying isn't a violation of journalistic ethics?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
19. No subject Oct 2, 2014, 12:55 Mashiki Amiketo

garrywong wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 12:11:
And why such a huge contrast to how the same sites reacted to dorritosgate, which was basically the exact same thing?
People had enough, simple as that. This has been a long time coming and this is what it's blown up into. FYI reddit had minimal influence on this infinity-chan and jayd3fox for running the campaign are the primary source on this. It's funny that jayd3fox originally did a few tongue-in-cheek bits until she got doxxed by the anti-gg side. And it seemed to snowball from there. Strange how neutral people like jon tron and TB who were neutral are now pro-gg after being accused of being "misogynist man babies and shitlords."

And I find the "but this is censorship" comments laughable. Gee, and advertiser realizes that someone is being hostile to their income, investigates, finds that they are being hostile to those they get income from and pulls ads is "censorship" elofuckingel.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
19. No subject Oct 2, 2014, 09:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 09:42:
I Have DA2... and its UI is heavily inspired by the console version. It's DA1 that has the heavy mouse/keyboard UI. Facts and knowledge right back at you. DA2's interface was boring and streamlined, DA3 looks like boring/streamlined/smartphone Version 2.0.

The endless obsession in this age with minimalist UI is upon us, in the age of Apple, smartphones, and ... stuff.
To be perfectly honest, two of the biggest things that put me off DA2 was the UI, the second was the re-use of areas. I enjoyed DA's UI without a doubt, and the whole wooden characters with minimalist UI sucks. Hell when are we going to see more characters with life in them? Shep in ME was good, Shep in ME2 started to get wooden, Shep in ME3 at least had life in them again.

I'm still not buying this game until it goes on sale at a massive discount and I hear user reviews. I got DA2 for free from EA, and that's the only way that I would play it. Meh I guess we'll see soon enough.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
25. No subject Oct 2, 2014, 09:51 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 00:32:
The survey mentions its methodology just fine, and prove the first source wrong, then. Should be easy if it's made up.

You know nothing about sources. You provided no data of your own. And your knowledge of journalism showed you can't even Google before saying something. How much can your care if your can't be bothered to google to see if you aren't horrifically wrong before posting a judgment?
Actually no it doesn't mention it's methodology at all. Rather it takes particular information without giving any insight on how it was weighted or over what time period. Was it 10 years? Was it since the prize began, did it start in the 1950's?

I don't have to provide data, how interesting is that. Rather I expect that someone is using something as a source, that they in-turn have complete sources listed in order to properly prove their methodology. Damn huh? I guess those classes in criminal law really did jade me in expecting a higher level of standards.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Oct 2, 2014, 09:46 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 09:33:
Oh yeah, she's a winner...link from the comments in that article:

http://tweetsave.com/leighalexander

Pretty much. Just think, you've got some asshat attacking your primary source of income(gamers), and would you really want to advertise on such a site that supports that line as well. Especially a site that supposedly caters to developers.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
16. No subject Oct 1, 2014, 18:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 18:17:
You realize what you quoted is my point, not something I sourced.
The second source, which you vapidly complain is a survey, is reporting that under 40% of journalists surveyed had journalism degrees, so yes, a survey reporting the findings of a survey makes perfect sense.
Actually I trimmed it down so it wouldn't clutter the thread. You realize that said survey provides no empirical data right? That's a survey with no information on methodology or breakdown.

The first source is independent research which, again, would not have a source because it is it's own source. Someone taking the list of Pulitzer Prize winners and digging into their educational background isn't something that gets sourced. The author is the Washington Post journalist who broke the Hoover/FBI political spying story, so she likely knows a few things about journalism. As former head of a college journalism program, she probably also knows something about journalism education.

Do you even understand how sourcing works?
The first source is indeed independent research, or it appears to be. But again, it offers no data. In other words, there no source of how they conducted it, weighting, time frame, period, quality of substantive works, etc.

And apparently I've got a better idea of how sourcing works then you do. You're using a source, which has no sources in order to back up their information. In other words, your statement is made on their authoritative statements, which have no data.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
14. No subject Oct 1, 2014, 17:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 15:47:

Journalism degrees neither make you more likely to be a journalist nor better at being a journalist.
Your first source doesn't offer any sources. The second is an opinion survey, brilliant.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. No subject Oct 1, 2014, 15:52 Mashiki Amiketo

"Ad firms struggle" huh? Yeah well if you didn't let anyone with money throw ads into your network then you wouldn't have to worry about it now would you? And that's why people use adblock.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2014, 15:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 15:22:
There is no professional requirement for a credentialed journalist to have a degree in journalism. This should be pretty common knowledge to anyone past the age of 14.

Sure there's no professional requirement, good luck getting hired on at any publication without one though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3268 Comments. 164 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo