Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3624 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
34. No subject Apr 30, 2015, 22:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 14:33:
Played Watch Dogs on PS4, loved it. IMO, better than GTA V. (I know, blasphemy.) Can't wait for the sequel.

I played it on the PC and enjoyed it, I enjoyed GTA V too and would like a sequel just as I'd like a sequel to child of light. I remember a lot of people went on and on about how Just Cause/2 are great games, so I picked them up on sale a year or so back. I can't fucking stand them.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. No subject Apr 30, 2015, 07:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 04:11:
Maybe if GG weren't hurling torrents of abuse at people there wouldn't be a need for an automated blocklist just a thought.

Oh please. This was the response I got when I "reached out" to the other side. That 'other side' has no desire to speak to us, they want their own special ideological enemies. Hell that entire article is blown out of the water by my tweet. I wasn't blocked before, I am now. What does that say?

And said blocklist bans people based on association. You know what other groups have done that? You shouldn't have to wrack your brains too hard, but it's generally those that go through "ideological purges" and all that other BS.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
12. No subject Apr 30, 2015, 03:13 Mashiki Amiketo

saluk wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 01:31:
Most overhyped game of 2014 for me. Felt totally flat and repetitive. Thought I would be getting the best of batman mixed with the best of assassin's creed in a world I like. But I just found it really boring with no motivation to keep playing.

The main quest is actually pretty good, and the competition system between leaders is neat. But I agree with the rest of your comment, it was a meh game...kinda wish I'd picked it up on sale instead of a few weeks after release.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Hatred in June
44. No subject Apr 30, 2015, 02:07 Mashiki Amiketo

Stormsinger wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 22:35:
But let's not try to paint this piece of shit as something noble or righteous...it's simple exploitation for free publicity by people with no self-respect, nothing more.

K...so who are they exploiting? They wanted their game to be on various digital platforms, and the SJW's came out of the woodwork crying over it. So far the only ones trying to exploit the game for anything are the ones who don't want it to be sold. Especially when they trot out the discredited "games cause violence..." bullshit.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2015, 02:03 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeah that's pretty funny. Here's the results of people who said sure we'd like a dialog:

"Blocked."

My tweet to the individual in question which stated they were welcome to come by /r/kotakuinactino or 8ch.net/gamergatehq was also responded to with *blocked* funny that if you ask other developers who's not open to discussion it's sure not the pro-GG side.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

32. No subject Apr 29, 2015, 18:31 Mashiki Amiketo

harlock wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 18:25:

yeh you missed the whole fucking point to begin with, where this moron was comparing the game hatred to the game GTA5, and saying:

Apparently I didn't miss anything at all. Try reading more slowly.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

28. No subject Apr 29, 2015, 18:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 18:08:
Right, mindless violence is fun. Some sick people in this thread.
Sure is. At least many of us can tell the difference between fiction and non-fiction.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

25. No subject Apr 29, 2015, 17:48 Mashiki Amiketo

harlock wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 17:29:
saluk wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 16:19:
... but they aren't the same at all.

wrong
So cities skyline makes people civil engineers. The sims games, makes them into dictators with an ego complex, dungeon keeper games show the awesomeness of building your own underground dungeon. Child of light shows you can float with magical wings and cast magic spells.

Xwing vs Tie shows that we're just stupid and advanced technology already exists, it's just a government plot to keep it from us. Xcom shows there's aliens among us, and they're turning people into goo. Quake shows how to rocket jump.

I miss anything yet?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Origin and AU Refunds
10. No subject Apr 28, 2015, 17:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 14:10:

I wonder how strong the laws are there. Do services like Steam and Origin simply have to comply or can they force someone into something like Small Claims stating they have to prove it? In short make it a big enough PITA that most people won't bother doing it.

Some places it's arbitration. Even small claims though is pretty cheap in most places.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
25. No subject Apr 27, 2015, 23:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 22:02:
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what Beth's attitude becomes to simple things such as "cleaning" your mods. They refuse to do so for their DLCs, because they don't support modding, and cleaning mods is only an issue if you use mods/extra content.

Actually not cleaning is an issue even with an unmodified game. The problem with unclean main files is with persistent world points, and if you have a duplicate of a persistent point, it will be duplicated in the save. That of course can lead to save corruption.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods
23. No subject Apr 27, 2015, 20:07 Mashiki Amiketo

Valve's announcement on pulling the plug.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
33. No subject Apr 27, 2015, 02:49 Mashiki Amiketo

Aero wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 00:09:

Ah, of course. In your case, I should have said "god given inalienable right to other people's free labor." My mistake.

Oh boy! Look at this guys, someone who can tell modders what to think. So should I post my paypal now, and you can just dump a few hundred dollars into it?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
8. No subject Apr 26, 2015, 19:36 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 18:57:
No he's not and neither are you. Just don't use the Steam store in that case, plenty of other sites to grab mods from. Problem solved. This is a total non-issue, and it's laughable some of you are trying to turn it into one like this ridiculous op-ed.

No he really is. Tell me what happens when a previously free mod goes paywall, and said mod is used as a framework for other mods. Skyui is a perfect example of that, now they've 'said' they won't break anything. But let's say they do, now what happens? You have all those mods that use MCM and no longer work, what do you do.

You can no longer modify your existing mods, can't tweak them, can't modify them because MCM doesn't work for them anymore. But before they went paywall it did.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
18. No subject Apr 26, 2015, 01:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 18:41:
NOTHING is stopping you from modding Skyrim right now. Nothing.

And indeed, who does care if people try to make money off something that was free before? It will either work because people are willing to pay or it won't because people are unwilling to pay.

I'm just here with popcorn dude. All the middle-finger ascii art and crap that's posting on steam right now shows me the maturity level of gamers. If you're a modder, why even tend them as an audience? They want something for nothing and now they're whining that it's gone. That's not a fan. That's a baby bird.

So tell me something. When skyui decides to go paywall, and let's say the go the evil route and pull their existing versions thus breaking MCM, or modify MCM so it's no longer compatible with pre-existing versions what happens then? I'm sure you'll be the first one lining up if they charge $19.95 right.

That shit posting on steam is just what it is, shit posting as a form of protest. You do realize that even protests outside of the digital world are the equivalent. That audience? I never modded for them, I modded for me and just gave people the opportunity to use my creation many of whom have expressed their thanks.

What they want is the same thing I do. No paid mods, and no bullshit over it. We haven't had 'paid modding' over the last ~15+ years, and it didn't hurt the community. And this has successfully hurt the community, but it did show plenty of people who'd sell out for a mere $0.25 to the dollar(before taxes, fees, and so on).

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 00:03:
They already removed a paid mod from Skyrim due to this bullshit almost immediately. What's the big deal? I'm sure everything will work out fine. XD

Skyrim Paid Mod Removed Amid Controversy
Well that had to do with Fore, saying "fuck you" to them. He built the framework for FNIS which they are using, and has the right to tell anyone who's trying to profit off of his work to go screw themselves. The SKSE team did something similar, but only going as far as saying anyone can use it but they'd never charge for it. And of course some modders are simply straight up pulling their work off nexus and the workshop because they don't want someone to steal it, wrap it up into a AIO and charge for it. That of course hurts the modding community as well.

Here's the thing in all of this, if someone uses one of my mods in their AIO and charges for it, I get jack shit. Zero. I also lose all rights to it on the workshop unless I charge for it. I've never posted my stuff there because I simply don't like the workshop, and nexus does a good enough job. I know some people have posted my stuff on MODDB and whatever the russian mod site is too, that's fine. That's because they either can't access the nexus, or don't want anything to do with it. My only stipulation in those cases is they make sure they keep up to date, and keep the old version archived.

edit: I'm sure that many already know that MCM or "that awesome menu system" that most mods use these days that's built into skyui is probably one of the big issues. Then again, someone might break down and built a mcm middleware if they decide to break it. Or some modder might just turn around and make a new menu system.

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2015, 01:47.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
10. No subject Apr 25, 2015, 18:07 Mashiki Amiketo

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 17:55:

No, really.

Gaming could completely disappear and I could just as easily do something else. In a proper perspective, for people who have multiple hobbies and interests, this mod thing just does not matter.
It's obviously is a big deal, otherwise you wouldn't be commenting right? After all, who cares that someone is trying to make money off something that's been effectively free because "people enjoy doing it." In a proper perspective meaning modders like me, this is a clusterfuck.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
4. No subject Apr 25, 2015, 14:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 13:58:
It's just not that big of a deal. Nerds have turned a simple thing into a big deal - like they always do - and in 3 months this will be blown over.

Uh-huh. It actually is a big deal, it was a big deal in the early 00's when people talked about this too.

You can keep believing that all you want, but that doesn't mean it's true. People also said gamergate would be over in a week, it's been 8 months now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. No subject Apr 24, 2015, 22:32 Mashiki Amiketo

For those interested, GMG has a coupon up for 25% off.
Code: SEMP1S-RM9U80-V81JO8

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
52. No subject Apr 24, 2015, 17:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 16:14:
With all the time Valve spent thinking this up with Beth, they could have completed maybe a week's worth of HL3 development (or however long it took them to cook this up).

Everyone knows that GabeN can't count to 3. But I'll tell ya if it ever happens it'll be worth the weight.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
34. No subject Apr 23, 2015, 16:18 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 16:16:
Anyone remember Quake Aliens back in 1997 that was "Fox'ed"?
Are we going to have publishers that use to have games on Steam with Workshop support pull their games because they aren't getting a cut of the money? And we are going to see lawsuits for people stealing other people's content and including it in 'All in One' mods and/or Int. Property rights?

Good question, will I get a cut because my mods and fixes are included in AIO's, and what happens if the AIO's start charging. Oh boy this is gonna be gud.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
21. No subject Apr 23, 2015, 14:55 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeah this is going to go badly, very badly. It might even turn around and kill modding for those that do it. Especially with the number of content thieves out there. It was people stealing my mods and branding them as theirs that caused me to quit modding at one point.

And of course you can't forget the number of people that strip assets out of other games, and then there's the whole "mods are property of blahblahblah" too.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3624 Comments. 182 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo