Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3702 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
27. No subject Jun 12, 2015, 03:37 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 03:22:

I am tempted to get Valkyria Chronicles, but watching Let's Plays it looks really simplistic. Also the story looked full of every Janime cliche in the book.

I thought the same thing, I picked up about 6mo ago for $7 and it's an incredibly great game. More-so for the story than anything else, but the combat is fun as hell. It's worth the $5 or so that it's selling for right now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
25. No subject Jun 12, 2015, 02:30 Mashiki Amiketo

FYI for any canucks, you should be filing a complaint with the competition bureau on the pricing change. It's illegal to raise a price, and claim a discounted price like that. And before someone goes hur-dur-dur-america, since Steam/Valve sell a product in Canada directly to Canadians, in Canadian pricing, they're directly subject to the same laws.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
8. No subject Jun 12, 2015, 02:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 20:57:
If only they'd shut down the CBC - or make taxpayers opt in to paying for it, and allow others to opt out.

They've been trying for a couple of years, and every time it happens the shit weasels in Toronto and Vancouver start throwing a hissyfit because 'muh culture' or something.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2015, 09:13 Mashiki Amiketo

PC authority...gamedropping and the bullshit documentary about diversity where no diversity exists. It reminds me of this.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay at E3
11. No subject Jun 8, 2015, 00:25 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 00:21:
The original Deus Ex is on sale on GoG. The ReVision mod is on the cusp of being released and looks to be the definitive way to play.

Okay that's nice very nice. Thanks for the link!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. No subject Jun 6, 2015, 02:06 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 15:13:
Fuck you, Bell-end Media president. You luddite moron.

I think you summed it up pretty well. Of course for those that don't know, this is the same company that owns CTV and was recently caught pushing agendas in the news. I'm sure there's a lot more people out there not crying over Bell.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. No subject Jun 4, 2015, 15:26 Mashiki Amiketo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 13:42:

Hahaha! Oh wait, you're serious. *eyeroll*

Actually they're pretty much right, though they should have said gaming journalism. Or have you failed the notice the proliferation of 'ads as news' with companies shilling it out, either not disclosing or stating as such in a font so small that you can't read it. There's a reason why the FTC is going after sites and it's not because they're going to pat them on the head, while telling them they're doing a GREAT JOB!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
89. No subject Jun 4, 2015, 00:15 Mashiki Amiketo

jimnms wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 00:03:
You will play a male character and your character narrates the story. Fuck Bethesda if they do this to Fallout. I really hope this is not true. I will fucking mini nuke their HQ if they do this.

There were people saying the same shit with FO3, and it turned out to be wrong. I guess we'll see, but you can bet that if it's true there will be hordes of angry people.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
71. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2015, 17:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Well that's going to be interesting, Boston. A lot of people were hoping for Chicago or Toronto.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for PC Revealed
5. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 19:58 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 19:51:
So I am the 3rd person here that... actually is interested in this?

I actually, and I am nearly ashamed to say this... really liked FF13-2 ;/ I also want Lightning Returns

I loved the hell out of FF13-2, I finished another playthrough just before Witcher 3 came out, but I need to spend the time grinding out the rest of the stuff yet. FF13, was one of those...ugh...this shit again with every fight. My sister has them for her PS3 and keeps going on about how she enjoyed LR, well they've got another ~20 something days before spring goes poof. Knowing them they'll just dump it out like they did with 4 and 5.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout Countdown
29. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 19:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Acleacius wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 17:27:
Probably only considered dismal if it was thought to be something as powerful as WoW. On the other hand, it's quite busy in the game and they are still getting in the Steam top 10 sales list at least once a month.

I've played my fair share of MMO's, Meridian 59, UO(couple of months) EQ, AC, WoW, STO, KoTOR: Online, I didn't like the game at all, not a single bit. I run across that occasionally something about the gameplay, or graphics, or something just grinds me the wrong way. Folks here on the site really recommended Just Cause and Just Cause 2 to me--I can't stand either one of them.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for PC Revealed
2. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 19:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Now if they'd hurry up and finish releasing Lightning Returns I'd be happier. It's not really unexpected, since they've already ported them to the PS4 and Xbone.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
21. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 16:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Total Biscuit presents Masterpiece Theater - Gaming Journalism. ~5mins long.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Expands Refund Policy
23. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 16:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Luke wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 16:40:
What was the name back then , hmmm ahh yes a DEMO

Hell, Origin does that somewhat with titles. I've still got the full version of Sims 4 sitting there and I haven't played it. It has a 48hr demo window on it, interestingly enough Origin seems to be able to do it with their tech support sometimes too. My buddy wanted to try DA:I before he bought it, contacted support and they setup a 48hr trial window for him.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 15:49 Mashiki Amiketo

Bundy wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 13:49:
Maybe I'm just jaded. I work in the oil and gas industry, the stuff she was dealing with is nothing. My coworker in accounts payable told me once that one of the shop guys just walked into her office and offered her $1000 for sex. Like it was no big thing. She said no, and he just walked out, no biggie.

You're not jaded, I worked as an apprentice 20 years ago. I had the secretary of the company we worked for offer me something similar. I was 15 at the time(AoC was 14 then she was 23). Did a couple of jobs out in Alberta a few years ago, one at a coal mine, same thing happened and a friend who works for Telus had a similar proposition from two different women at a government office. It's sure not limited to men.

As for Herr Pao, half the jury I believe was asian female and if I remember right they were not thrilled about her.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2015, 15:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 10:31:
I'll wait for an archived version of the Polygon article; until then I'll take this writer's word for it that it's shite.

Shit tier article, the attacks they're getting are justified.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout Countdown
23. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 15:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Unknown Soldier wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 15:38:
Please don't be Fallout Online, please don't be Fallout Online, please don't be Fallout Online...

After the dismal failure known as ESO, I doubt they'd be silly enough to do that again.

Edit: Does look like FO4.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2015, 17:09.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch Plans
34. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 04:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Tip: There's a pawn broker on the east side of novigrad, near one of the gates where you can buy a large sum of non-novigrad currency, converting them to novigrad crowns gets you almost a 1:3 return  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Hatred
17. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 02:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 02:15:
I doubt anyone's buying this based on whether it's actually a good game or not. Either you buy this because it's an anti-PC adolescent hate-the-world fantasy, or you don't buy it for the same reason.

Well I bought it because of the same reason I bought soldier of fortune, starcraft or unreal tournament. It's a game, and a game I'll either enjoy or hate. If you want to inject identity politics you're free to, but some will have also bought it because those who live, breath, eat, and shit identity politics tried to get it kicked off steam.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Hatred
7. No subject Jun 1, 2015, 20:49 Mashiki Amiketo

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 20:33:
Except that it's just too buggy and poorly designed to be worth playing at all, from what I've read. RPS says the controller is unusable and KBM is barely serviceable... When have you ever heard that about a twin-stick shooter?

Considering I didn't have any problems playing it for the hour or so earlier today. I'll chalk it up to RPS doing what RPS does best, being shitty and mediocre.

Rhialto wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 20:33:
You mean like Robotron 2084? An old time arcade favorite?

Oh, btw I'm not interested in Hatred but I read some comments about it as you can see.
Something similar yeah.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3702 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo