Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3263 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
7. No subject Nov 23, 2014, 19:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 19:24:
If anyone's guilty of operating in an echo chamber, it's GG. You're still assuming the GGers have something worthwhile to say. This thing's been going on for 3 months now, and I suspect the people using this blocklist have heard all the "criticism" by now. The fact remains that people want to use Twitter to communicate with their colleagues, not to get bombarded by a bunch of angry gamers every time they say something.

Just consider what it must be like, sorting through your mentions to see if your colleagues are communicating with you, and having to discard reams of gamergate shit all the time. Maybe you can understand why someone would want to block all that out instead of spending inordinate amounts of time managing it.
Really? Why is it I can go to say KiA and pretend to be anti, and not be banned. Why is it if I go to Gghazi and I'll be shit banned, and have my post deleted if I'm pro. I'll wait for the answer, and here's the thing. You post something in public, anyone has the right to reply to you. On twitter if you say something stupid in a public setting, you'd best expect to get called out for your BS. Or are you saying you support comments that call for genocide, gassing and mass murder of gamers?

It's not any different then AS's videos, where no dissenting opinions are allowed via comments. Twitter in itself has a DM feature, use it. But just think what happens, one day you're calling for genocide then people call you out for it--and then your friends see you for the asshole you really are. I mean who would want that?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. No subject Nov 23, 2014, 16:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 16:02:

Some people are getting unintentionally blocked because the tool has a very broad method to identify accounts. Inevitably some people will accidentally get caught in the crossfire. But the real issue is that there's a need for this blocklist just so people can get on with their lives without being harassed on the internet. The only "ethics" issue here is that GG has created a need for this blocklist in the first place.

Here's the thing: the people using this tool do not want to communicate with GG supporters. GG supporters have no God-given right to communicate with the people who use this blocklist. Outrage about this is predicated on the notion that GG supporters have anything of substance to say. Their self-victimization is hilarious.
Actually, it's more along the lines of: The people using this tool, are blocking anyone who doesn't fit their ideology because the individuals who are blocked via this are following specific people. This is the typical "guilt by association" bit. The "tool" and I won't even use that, creates a block list if you follow specific people. If however, those people didn't want to be communicated to/by/etc, then perhaps they wouldn't be involved in the first place by injecting themselves. It's akin to the "I'm going to make statements on the street corner, but run away when someone confronts me."

And that, is what this boils down to. You've got the anti-GG side, screaming about xyz, injecting themselves, and when someone calls them to task, the run away and in this case create a list of people that is breaking their echo chamber.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
17. No subject Nov 21, 2014, 21:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 16:34:
Unfortunate and true. I guess if there's one lesson of #GG, it's to keep demanding change anyway. You definitely won't get it if you don't ask.
That my friend, is part of the reason why this push-back exists. There is a number of people out there, that truly do have racism and believe that if you're not xyz, you can't be harassed, attacked, are racist by your skin colour and so on.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
14. No subject Nov 21, 2014, 15:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 14:25:
How about we come down against online harassment, period, whether against men or women.
Oh come now. Harassment against men isn't a real thing, just like only men can be sexist, only whites can have privilege, and all that other claptrap that various people keep going on about. They've even gone off the deep end saying that us nerds should be bullied and harassed.

I know what you're saying, but until various swaths of kunckleheads grow up and realize that anyone can be harassed--it's not going to change.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations
16. No subject Nov 21, 2014, 15:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Jivaro wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 10:18:
holy shit...MC. Oh the memories...
Yeah...MC...I don't miss the trash clearing, but I do miss the content and people from back then. Our first Lucy, Mags, and Gehn kills were done with 25 people. Funny how people were suddenly online the following week after that, we'd just started raiding and banging our head against the wall. Shit, first couple of months MC was a two-day clear as well. I chuckle at that. I haven't played in shit 4 years? I got so burned out.

BobBob wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 12:37:
What is the profile of typical MMO player? Besides exercising and leisurely reading books (I suppose it's a question of priority), I can rarely find more than 20 to 30 minutes of free time to play a video game.
Well when I played heardcore I was single(5-6/day plus 8-9hrs on a raid day) I was a mage class lead(I also filled our guilds mage tank rolls in TBC--I loved that content), and ran 3 raids a week Ony, AQ, and lultrollz instance in STV in vanilla. Later I ran raids for Kara, Gruul, and Naxx. I'm not married, but C/O as they call it here. She plays a lot still, upwards of 30 hours a week. Two of my friends from college still play, they're hooked up & met via a LARP, funny enough my sister introduced them. They play upwards of 35 hours a week, run a moderately successful guild on one of the RP servers for casual raiders(raid team is 50 people). I'm trying to remember which server it was, it was one of the ones that split off Earthen Ring. Half of the people I know from HS and Uni still play.

Considering I can still put in a 12hr gaming session without a problem, I could probably play if I wanted to. I keep hearing really good things about this expansion, so we'll see.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2014, 15:31.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Free WoW Time to Compensate for Downtime
2. No subject Nov 18, 2014, 22:11 Mashiki Amiketo

To be honest, this isn't unprecedented by any means. Blizz gives out free time whenever there's a serious outage, or anything else. Back when I was playing hardcore I accumulated nearly 35 days worth of free time just before TBC launched from our server going up and down like a cheap hooker.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
33. No subject Nov 18, 2014, 17:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Fantaz wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 17:06:
well so far the protection is working... people who thought they could pirate are now slowly buying it from somewhere (digitally, grey market keys, B&M, etc) because it has not been cracked yet. it seems to be a really good RPG.
Give it time, starforce also said that their drm solution was uncrackable, it might have taken a year but it was eventually broken.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD Beta Driver
1. No subject Nov 18, 2014, 17:07 Mashiki Amiketo

A good 10-15% pickup on fps and better mantle stability with this build without question for DA:I on my build. FX6300w/7950oc  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. No subject Nov 18, 2014, 15:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 10:29:
Oh puh-lease! Harper's "fight" with the telcos and cabecos is all smoke and mirrors. We have the exact same problems as the US with virtual monopolies/duopolies Canadians have less choices in everything comparatively!

No it wasn't all smoke and mirrors. You're right that we do have a problem with monopolies, and duopolies. The difference is that the government heard what the people were saying when the CRTC was going to let them get away with it, and in turn threatened the CRTC to strip away their mandate control of the internet and hand it over to Industry Canada. Remember: It was the CRTC that wanted to let Bell, Rogers, Telus, etc., set the band rates for everyone else to make it unprofitable. It was the CRTC that was going to let them get away with it. It was companies like Teksavvy, Vmedia, Ebox that fought tooth and nail along with consumers to make sure that UBB(that's bandwidth caps) didn't get forced on everyone using aggressive billing policies by the incumbents.

But if you're overpaying by that much, maybe you should be looking at a TPIA. There are plenty of them, my internet now costs exactly what I was paying ~12 years ago, and is faster. It's also $25/mo cheaper then what I was paying for in Florida with Brighthouse, and faster.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
29. No subject Nov 18, 2014, 02:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 01:15:
Be wary that there is a report going around that Denuvo absolutely fucking trashes SSDs with thousands and thousands and thousands of writes. No idea if it's true, I never saw the original report, but until I know for sure, I'm keeping it on my HD.

It does take a LONG time to load things from a HD though...
If that's the case then they become libel for hardware damage, a elua doesn't protect you from shit like that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

25. No subject Nov 18, 2014, 01:07 Mashiki Amiketo

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 23:33:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 23:05:
Load speeds 6/10.

How often do you need to load?
Whenever you zone transition. Sometimes it can be a lot, sometimes not. But before I tossed it on my old SSD(2nd gen), I had more than a few cases where the load times were nearly 2 mins. On there, under 30 seconds.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. No subject Nov 17, 2014, 23:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 20:41:
Any of you bastiges jump the gun with a VPN yet? Gotta admit, it's getting hard not to cave given all the positive feedback on this one so far. Anyone purchase it through a VPN?

Yep, mine is unlocked via a VPN but my sister bought mine from GMG for me. I'll give the game and content a solid 8/10. Combat 7/10, music/sound 9/10, graphics 9/10. Load speeds 6/10.

I've had two hard locks of the game, but I'm not sure if it's simply the game or not. I'm more likely to place blame on the beta drivers I'm using, and all that. Mantle support is good though, picked up a easy 5-15fps over all with it as well. Haven't tried multiplayer yet because she's not off work for another 2hrs, but she's got 5 days off starting at midnight CST, so we'll probably get a few games in tomorrow.

The tactical camera is a bit...funky. Don't like the way they've changed the tactics system either. But I've only got 3hrs in, so who knows. I'm still using LR mouse button to try moving at times, and so my character will randomly start attacking the air.

Edit; Tossing in, just moved the game to my SSD. Makes a hell of a difference with load times.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2014, 23:23.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
4. No subject Nov 16, 2014, 16:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeah the DX sequals stuff was very interesting.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. No subject Nov 16, 2014, 15:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Digital immigrant huh? I guess that's why they're all using technology built from 1960-'84 that gave them the internets.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
8. No subject Nov 15, 2014, 17:51 Mashiki Amiketo

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 17:35:
Yeah, no. You can't make the case that despite controlling the top officers and the budget that they are somehow powerless. Not after all the other depts with similar legacy that have been gutted and rebuilt. If you don't like the way things are now it's because the people the govt hired to run it aren't doing their job.
You do know how crown corps work right? There's always a handler, a go-between with the "top officers and everyone else" telling them that "it's always been done this way, and so on." And they "shouldn't rock the boat." Welcome to the CBC, CRTC, and if you live in Ontario the LCBO.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
6. No subject Nov 15, 2014, 17:16 Mashiki Amiketo

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 16:15:
The conservative govt controls the CBC purse strings and it's board of directors were completely replaced with conservative loyalists. If you have issues with it talk to your boss.
Yeah that doesn't really mean shit, the board of directors is about as useful as the crown chair at the CRTC doing a proper job instead of the miles of bureaucracy under them, where decades of industry insider have stacked them.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Nov 15, 2014, 14:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Every time someone goes to cut the CBC's funding, the libs and ndp throw a hissy fit over it. The CBC served a purpose, once, long ago, when there was no one else willing to setup transmitters in the asshole of nowhere. Not the case anymore.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
24. No subject Nov 15, 2014, 05:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 22:18:
You can use a VPN to get it unlocked. Plenty of people have already done so according to Bioware's forum. These people are also going to be playing Monday morning, as they'll just pretend to be in Japan or something.
Yeah you can, and origin support has already stated that it's perfectly fine to do so. Anyone who really wants to dig into it can just hit the /r/dragonage sub and take a search on it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor DDoSed
14. No subject Nov 14, 2014, 16:53 Mashiki Amiketo

Darks wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 15:03:
Sorry, I'm hijacking this thread since this is a dumb game anyway and past its prime.

DA Inquisition is preloading. Cant wait!
Yep. And for those that ordered from GMG, keys are out as well.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
20. No subject Nov 14, 2014, 16:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Some other possible labels:

T for triggering
X for too much male content
B for breasts too large/small
Y for standing with legs slight apart
W for too much commentary without social inclusion
H for no special socjus content

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3263 Comments. 164 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo