Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3696 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cities: Skylines - After Dark Trailer
4. No subject Aug 29, 2015, 00:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 19:14:
Isn't the day night cycle in the free patch? I think the expansion provides the entertainment buildings.

Yep, it's coming in a free patch. The expansion itself will have entertainment buildings, better traffic flow and a bunch of other stuff. Basically it took all of the most popular mods, and built on those ideas.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM 2 Delayed
13. No subject Aug 29, 2015, 00:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Double fuck. But that's okay, since I have yet to finish a EW game.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
15. No subject Aug 27, 2015, 23:39 Mashiki Amiketo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 22:45:
Whoops, missed out on the $25 Kickstarter, got in at $30. Divinity Original Sin was great, I have high hopes for D:OS 2 and the Enhanced Edition which is coming out... soon?

I've put in some serious hours(for me) on D3 Patch 2.3, now it's time to start the PoEt replay + expansion. Dual Wield Barb, I suspect.

There's a $26 pledge box now for those that missed at $25. I enjoyed the hell out of the first one as well. And the enhanced ed. is supposed to be coming out this fall, the same with Wasteland 2. Oh and don't forget Xcom2 comes out in November.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Client Updated
7. No subject Aug 26, 2015, 08:15 Mashiki Amiketo

jimnms wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 21:05:
I have only been using it as a downloader. The last time I imported a game I already had installed, it reset it to "out of the box" conditions, which removed the unofficial patches and mods that I had installed. Then when I tried to re-install them, the client installed version uses a modified .exe which made me unable to install the patches because they look for and modify the original game .exe.

So you reported that at http://mantis.gog.com right? After all that's several bugs that should be reported.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
39. No subject Aug 25, 2015, 00:10 Mashiki Amiketo

siapnar wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 09:22:
This is news to me. May just do that once I upgrade from my SSD hybrid to true SSD

Mirroring software has come a very long way since the early 00's and 90's, it's pretty much foolproof in terms of transferring everything, unless your boot table looks like a can of spaghetti on the floor.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. No subject Aug 24, 2015, 06:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 16:17:
I'm thinking I need a card with more VRAM. My measly 1gb 7850 isn't cutting it. Putting it on an SSD would probably help as well, though I'd have to reinstall Windows again, the current install is using much of my 40gb SSD...

No need to reinstall windows. Use something like acronis and you'll do just fine, that's what I did a couple of years ago when I went from a 60GB first gen SSD to a 4th/5th gen SSD. Took no more then a couple of hours to mirror it, have it automatically modify the boot table, rebuild it, and go on my way.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
16. No subject Aug 22, 2015, 22:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 19:43:

On a side note, most of the PC's the major brands sell don't come with a dedicated graphics card nor a power supply that can support one, hence a lot of people either need some expensive upgrades or a better PC to play the better games.

I think you mean people are getting ripped off with the 'major pre-built pc's' and if they built them, themselves or had someone do it for them they could pay an equal price and get more out of their money. Especially when you look at R*'s recent sales numbers on the PC, which is somewhere in the range of 5.5m units if I remember right. That either means everyone is buying 3 copies, or there are more people out there then they realize.

Something that this analysis misses, is other services like Origin or Humble, R*'s thingy. Especially titles that are only released on a particular distribution platform. Those alone make the analysis lacking in terms of 'what people are buying and looking at.'

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > XCOM 2 Trailer
27. No subject Aug 21, 2015, 21:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Paranoid Jack wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 23:15:
I'm interested in the X-Com EW Long War mod but not sure I want to subscriber to Nexus at a fee to test it out. Has anyone here played it? Is it worth the fee to get the latest beta? Thanks in advance.

I've been a member since it opened(my sub I ID is like 1829 or something stupid like that), you don't need to pay. Subs get faster download speeds, but you get the same speeds if you're a non-sub and rate files if I remember right.

Anyway, I've played it. It's tough, you can expect to save scrum often even lose parts of your team to beat the aliens. I think it was the 3rd or 4th mission I had which was a landing. It was an alien transport there were 23 aliens on board, against my team of super-green rookies. Somehow with liberal use of grenades and pure luck I managed to win the mission with no losses, lots of injuries though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > XCOM 2 Trailer
22. No subject Aug 20, 2015, 23:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 22:49:
I just "squeeed" like the giant XCOM fanboy that I am. I cannot WAIT for this to come out!

Kinda my feelings, I'm rather looking forward to this. I'm going to have to finish EU soon though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
8. No subject Aug 19, 2015, 05:49 Mashiki Amiketo

JeffD wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 04:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 03:17:
Honest question.. why is this 22gb, when PSP version was 2GB ?

Because there isn't any data in this that was retained from the psp port? This was a huge HD make over that was made for the consoles/USA, and I'm sure it has a few movies in it.

10GB of movie and audio data actually in english and jp.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10
41. No subject Aug 19, 2015, 00:49 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 07:58:
Illegal in Canada? Yet Microsoft can still make you sign this illegal document and do business there without any repercussions? Sweet...

ELUA's and so on can't waive rights in Canada. That what makes it illegal(or if you prefer a technical violation), meaning that the terms are unenforceable on the consumer. MS can make all the demands it wants, but you're not bound to any of them. The items under their privacy policy are null under the privacy act(federal), the privacy act(provincial), and the consumer protection act(provincial).

They can do business all the want.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject Aug 18, 2015, 21:39 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 09:16:
Hocking also spent time at Valve and at LucasArts following his time at Ubisoft before joining Amazon in 2014

I can't figure this guy out, he jumps like crazy...

Reminds me of a guy I used to work with, he'd change jobs every couple of years because he simply got bored. With all the experience he had, there was no problem finding another though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

27. No subject Aug 18, 2015, 07:19 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 03:03:

It doesn't matter if its happening right now or not. The EULA grants Microsoft carte-blanche to do whatever the fuck it wants now, or in PERPETUITY. Do you understand that word perpetuity?

Illegal in Canada, so it really means absolute shit to me. If it's that much of a problem where you live, perhaps you should consider pressing your local government to enact laws that protect your privacy rights.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

20. No subject Aug 17, 2015, 23:51 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 22:17:
Take your own advice. The proof is already out there. It's incontrovertible. I'm not being contrary for its own sake. If you don't mind using it, your loss - of privacy, but don't tell other people it's not what MS is doing because they are. How much would like to bet within the next 2 years we'll see a shitstorm of epic proportions come out of all this when it comes to light they've been doing all this and worse?

Then you shouldn't have any problem coming up with an article or three that uses actual proof, including verified sniffer data that this is happening right? And doesn't use weasel words to imply it and generate clicks.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

17. No subject Aug 17, 2015, 22:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 20:55:

So stop lying for them already.

Start thinking for yourself, and stop believing every time someone uses weasel words to make an article that it's true.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
21. No subject Aug 16, 2015, 21:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Cpmartins wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 09:35:

And I wasn't even going by the faq, it was by personal experience of over a year frequenting the board. Even on a thread I was posting the content was removed so quickly there wasn't even time for it to be displayed on my end. It was removed between the auto updates.

Sounds about right. The auto update defaults between 20sec and 540 seconds, and removing something that quickly is quick.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
6. No subject Aug 16, 2015, 21:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 15:56:
The odds are low that the SJWs will ever be caught that called in the bomb threat. Wonder if their Patreon donators would be charged with aiding terrorism?

Well the swatters thought they would never be caught for calling them in on twitch streamers too, and they were nailed. So there's a chance they'll get caught, apparently there were 10 bomb threats against the SPJ event according to Milo Yiannopoulos.

Just remember, game journalism is corrupt as fuck.

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 2015, 23:02.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

17. No subject Aug 16, 2015, 06:12 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 04:55:
I think that the end result of this is for people looking for something exotic, yet still legal, they will choose a search engine other than Google. This activity suggests that Google is too willing to err on the side of caution.

8ch is back on google search results now. I have a feeling it was SJW's in a coordinated mass-reporting binge. It wouldn't be the first time that they've done that either.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

14. No subject Aug 15, 2015, 23:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Something else that gets me, is the whole SJW crowd. They've been attacking the owner of 8ch for nearly a year now because he allows a pro-GG board to exist. But here's the kicker, he's a cripple, has brittle bone disease, is confined to a wheelchair, doesn't live in the US(but a US citizen) because it's too expensive for him to do so with his medical conditions. And he's attempting to become self-sufficient by operating 8ch.

For that, they've doxed him, attacked his accounts to get money from. Paetron and Gratipay(gratipay is in legal trouble because of it and is being federally investigated), and in general trying to ruin his life and well being. All the while saying "we want to help people..."

SJW's attacking a cripple, because he's not on their side and "not the right type of person" while believing in free speech.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. No subject Aug 15, 2015, 22:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Cpmartins wrote on Aug 15, 2015, 19:21:

Yes, they do delete it as quickly as reported, and the consequences are legally warranted by US law, are they not?

They indeed do it as quickly as reported. That's the only stipulation under US law that's required. And it's right in their FAQ.

Deleting content under obscenity and definition of obscenity. For those that don't read it they state they have a 1hr turn around time for deleting illegal content, that's faster then FB or even twitter. NCMEC has a 48 hour turn around for notification and removing illegal content.
Content under DOST

The fact that they spell it out more clearly then facebook which has a serious CP problem, or twitter which also has a CP problem is laughable. But since they're 'big companies' they of course don't get their content removed.

So just remember, if you use FB or twitter going by the flappy headed idiots -- you're a pedophile. Because they also have illegal content on there. Then again sites like ARS really have a problem with 8ch(in turn 2ch and 2chan) because they're open free speech platforms, and they've been advocating censoring speech that hurts peoples feelings.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2015, 23:13.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3696 Comments. 185 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo