Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3223 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
33. No subject Oct 28, 2014, 01:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Shit I've lost track of the number of mice, joysticks and gamepads I wore out playing all of those games back in the old "midi port" days. Lot of money back then for a early highschool student to be burning through. Especially when the economy at the time was in recession and no one was hiring.

Glad I had an understanding father, who was a gamer as well and got me started via vic20.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
33. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 23:17 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 21:58:
What I'm not finding, however, are very many posts about how much these people hate women. I'm not finding any posts where women are being doxxed. I'm not finding any coordinated campaigns of harassment. As far as I can tell, your assessment of the subreddit as some kind of den of misogyny and hate is unfounded.
Folks have been saying that from the start, many actually think that because gamergate is hitting clickbaiters where it hurts, the other sites like newsweek are circling the wagons in order to protect themselves. The NYTimes piece follows a similar vein.

edit: And just when you think Mcintosh can't go any further then 100%, he shows he can hit 110%.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2014, 02:23.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
28. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 21:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 21:05:
As I linked to yesterday, the word count on that forum had over 2000 hits for "feminist" and not even 600 for "ethics."

Not about ethics.

According to that logic: gamergazi is about harassment, since that's their main word count. I guess the anti-side is pro-harassment.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
24. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 19:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 19:56:
I'm sure they'll tell you that it's not harassment and it was justified. The funniest part to me was that at the top of the screenshot it says they're looking for moderators. Guess it's hard to keep up with banning everyone who is pro-GG.

What's sad is various subreddits(gamerghazi, bluepill, srs, feminism) like that are nothing but echo chambers. If you go against the grain, it is indeed harassment, make statements that are contrary to their particular point of view, it's harassment.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
22. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 19:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 19:40:
That mainstream media choose to connect gamers with the worst possible societal problems is nothing new. For years they've attempted to link playing games with school shootings. With people who don't find meaningful employment. Now with misogyny, and death threats.
Don't forget the 80's where the media was trying to link D&D to "devil worship" and "everything evil in society." Or as you said in the late 80's to today where they have tried to link gamers to sociopaths. Yeah, 20+ years of harassment from people like AS and the media at large and people wonder why gamers have finally had enough...not rocket surgery.

Oh and this is what happens when someone tries to open a dialog with the other side. Pretty sure that this is "harassment" from their end now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
20. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 19:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Wolfox wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 17:28:
After reading it, I'd say he's still very much neutral. He's one of the very few voices asking for (and trying to establish) dialog instead of reinforcing one-sided agression and harassment from one of the sides (or both).

Hardly. There's been plenty of attempts to "estabilish a dialog" the anti-gg side has refused, the gaming media simply attacks. As for harassment, there's plenty of evidence that it's either trolls(such as lulz or gnaa), or anti-gg supporters themselves. See pro-bullying comments, and trying to file false police reports and so on.

Using newsweeks own data, it shows that gamergate is gender neutral and pro-equality funny how statistics when not cherry picked, show something different isn't it?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
11. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 14:12 Mashiki Amiketo

ASeven wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 12:25:
TotalBiscuit writes a very eloquent blog post on GG.
You know what's funny about this, is that TB was very neutral when this all started. Right up until the anti-gg side decided to attack him for being so.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
5. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 12:07 Mashiki Amiketo

DV wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 11:50:
Julio, not sure if anyone is doing it but people might want to submit the positive GG links to Blue.
People are, blue's posted 3 or 4 stories that I've sent in.

Oh and the Kluwe story, that's the type of jackass you're dealing with. Oh and if you want a chuckle, read this one from adland, where they explain that gawker is toxic to ad partners. Which probably explains why they're fleeing them in droves. Note all the anti-gg articles have a similarity? They're either written by people from gawker, friends of people who were/worked with individuals from gawker or are surviving on the same business model. Oh and the writer of the newsweek article? That's him, calling to dox a 13 year old.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2014, 12:15.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
53. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 09:08 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 08:18:
Hmm, thread only made it to mid-fifties. Could we be on the downward slide? Might we have reached, PEAK GAMERGATE???
I dunno man, those media folks and all that have been saying that this was going to be dead 5 weeks or more ago. Then again some of them think that this has been on-going for 4 months already.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

48. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 04:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 03:04:
Uh. Okay. Which is what Sarkeesian did. Then she got called a lying bitch who should be killed.
She said that games should cater to their particular audience, not be open to everyone. She then ran off anyone at all confronted her view points, and asked for legitimate sources. There's a reason why people call her the "listen and believe lady." It's the entire mantra of her movement, not facts, just "listen and believe."

As a point as well, go dive into their subreddits, their circles, and go against the grain. See what happens, you'll be attacked, belittled, bullied, and then cast out.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Driver
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2014, 04:42 Mashiki Amiketo

For anyone curious, these drives seem to also improve FPS when downsampling(to 1080p from 4k mode) FFXIII. Win8.1 w/7950.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

39. No subject Oct 25, 2014, 21:37 Mashiki Amiketo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 12:48:
Hrm, sad to see another circular Gamergate article on here, but I did find it interesting that 4chan has started to ban some Gamergaters?
4chan does that any time something becomes too big, project chanology ring any bells?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Interviews
36. No subject Oct 23, 2014, 20:08 Mashiki Amiketo

bigspender wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 18:29:
That, but also the graphs show it as well.

The comments in this thread are just appalling. No wonder the world is such a fucked up place.

Yeah must be because people have long figured out that you can make any statistic dance, and people are now actually demanding proof of something. How fucked up.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
22. No subject Oct 22, 2014, 23:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 20:42:
Looks like another win, Nissan has dropped Gawker as well. Looking forward to more companies seeing the light on this.
Considering Gawker is the scum of the internet, anything that hurts them is good.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
18. No subject Oct 22, 2014, 18:42 Mashiki Amiketo

UHD wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 17:39:
Because there's room for nuance in language.

That's not a defense of the dude, I don't really follow twitter drama except for the lols and I'm sure he really is a dickhead, but there is more to language than literal interpretation.

It's just really easy to lose all that nuance in a limited format like Twitter.

So, where's the lol's? roflmao's and so on? Right. It's not difficult to "make something other than a literal interpretation" even in 140 characters. Hell, look at the stuff they pumped out today, we've got his parent company(gawker) attacking wizardchan, because ... they're virgins and they're socially inept. That's the type of material they pump out, and he's one of the guys who work for them. His boss(max read), also openly supported his statements...until of course they started losing advertisers. Then it was "all a misunderstanding."

To edit in: This is the type of shit he does.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2014, 19:02.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
15. No subject Oct 22, 2014, 17:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 11:14:
Many are claiming Sam Biddle's comments were sarcastic and taken out of context. Well, if true, that's why you don't make unclear, context-free comments with only 144 characters. It's the same weak excuse that jackass made after threatening Steam.
Out of curiosity, how can a pro-bullying comment be taken out of context? That's literally what he said, "bring back bullying" "nerds need to be attacked." And it's not the first time either he's said something like that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
27. No subject Oct 21, 2014, 20:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 10:09:
Generally speaking, if I am in the market for buying computer parts, I'll check out directcanada.ca for flat, solid shipping costs with very competitive prices, often cheaper than other e-tailers such as Newegg and NCIX. Speaking of NCIX, I used to praise them like a Bible thumper did the bible until they decided I no longer live on a heavily trafficked area and have to pay almost twice as much for ground shipping.
Check Canadacomputers out, they have flat rate shipping if it weighs more than 150lbs for your order. And if it's under 30lbs it's also flat rate(or was), but they ship through Purolator w/required signatures.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Play Civilization V Free This Week
12. No subject Oct 21, 2014, 02:34 Mashiki Amiketo

walrus1 wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 20:07:
I've played the demo a couple times but it never really grabbed my interest. The gameplay just felt less fluid than IV's. Would playing it more help?
Not really, I own it plus all the dlc and expansion materials. I simply can't get hooked on it like I did with Civ4, something just "feels off" about the gameplay.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
37. No subject Oct 19, 2014, 19:54 Mashiki Amiketo

NewMaxx wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 19:48:
Not atypical in the psychology of a person like this. It's especially common in the entertainment business and among women, who consistently keep themselves relevant. Don't get me wrong, men do it too (equally as much, actually), it's just that the audience (average American) tends to focus more on the women (and thus it is more effective). In any case it is a symptom of fame and how it either emphasizes a person's personality or creates new flaws within it.

You're quite right actually.

Also for anyone who wants to read Pro-GG doxxed by 16 year old girl and confronted the main question is: Why did a 16 year old girl believe that doxxing someone made her a good feminist, who put this idea into her head, and who pushed her towards it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
34. No subject Oct 19, 2014, 19:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Redmask wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 18:28:
Amusing ego, last time I checked she wasn't a game maker and isn't in a position to really do anything meaningful other than inflame a situation that would have died out already after Quinn stopped trending.
What's funny is every time GG ignores her, she comes back trying to re-inject herself doing something that screams "LOOK AT ME!!!!!" And she gets ignored again, and comes back with something else. Oh and if she "wanted to fix this" she'd be the first one lining up and going after reviewers. But she's happy with their brand of reviews. You know like Polygons review of bayonetta 2...full of her particular type of moral crusade.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3223 Comments. 162 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo