Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3295 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
92. No subject Dec 17, 2014, 15:26 Mashiki Amiketo

beremot wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 15:06:
What facts, you dumbass? Lots of Nazi sympathizers and collaborators all over Europe used the smokescreen of "anti-communism" to hide their beliefs, and that definitely includes people in Poland. Your link doesn't prove a thing.

Besides, what do you care if the makers of the game have Neo-Nazi beliefs? All you care about is "freedom of speech," right?
You've just successfully made a statement based on supposition, and attempted to make it a fact. Brilliant, perhaps next you'll tell us that the sky is green.

P.s. you were the one to bring up the imaginary neo-nazi beliefs.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

74. No subject Dec 17, 2014, 14:00 Mashiki Amiketo

beremot wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 13:43:

A game made by Neo-Nazi supporters in which the only aim is to murder innocent civilians is fucked up, period.
Oh look, someone bought into the twitter-tublr tripe and thinks that it's factually correct. Fuck the facts.

Beamer wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 13:58:

Going to that guy's Twitter page, his problem seems to be about hatespeech more than violence. He thinks that the developer is a hate organization.
That guy is the writer for femnist frequency, just a FYI.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

67. No subject Dec 17, 2014, 13:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 13:16:
Yes, mysterious people not at all in this thread.
Even scanning that Community link, which is moving too quickly, I don't see anyone saying "this shouldn't be allowed to be made." People are saying it shouldn't be released because it will cause a lot of trouble. But no one is demanding it not be made. They're saying the developers should think better about it.

There may be people saying otherwise, but not in the first three pages, and I'm not going deeper than that.

You mean like the guy who writes AS's crap? Well that mouth doesn't get any bigger right. Or the stuff floating around in gghazi the last two days. But that might be considered a "small minority" I suppose. Or the ones on twitter yesterday, and are now screaming at the top of their keyboards. So yeah there are people out there wanting to ban the game, among those who said "we don't want to ban games."

Mikeyzman wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 13:29:
I hope Valve and Destructive Creations both have good lawyers. When the next Dustin Klebold decides to go open loop, and they discover that he might have been a fanatic of this game....whoaboy.

Yeah because heaven forbid we hold an individual responsible for their actions right, after all we know the game made them do it. How's it going today Jack Thompson?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

63. No subject Dec 17, 2014, 12:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 12:51:
And, again, no one is saying "it shouldn't exist." We're saying that games would be stronger without having this weak spot to pick at and that the developers are creating it solely to profit off of the controversy and are kind of dicks for doing it at the expense of games as a whole.
Except the SJW's who are coming right out saying "it shouldn't exist" and want to ban games like GTA. This is of course them coming out months ago saying "we're not trying to ban games." So yeah, there are people out there saying they want to ban games, they want to ban games like this and GTA, and I'll hazard a guess that they also want to ban anything that doesn't fit with their narrow world view on what's "correct in their eyes."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

46. No subject Dec 17, 2014, 11:58 Mashiki Amiketo

I find it funny at the number of people throwing a hissy fit now that it's back on. The SJW comments in the discussion thread on it are hilarious, especially all the rank 0 private accounts.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
8. No subject Dec 13, 2014, 03:03 Mashiki Amiketo

killer_roach wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 02:30:

I haven't gone back to it yet, but it appeared as though the graphic options were recently patched into FFXIII.

Yeah it was patched in on the 11th.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
77. No subject Dec 12, 2014, 23:37 Mashiki Amiketo

entr0py wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 21:47:
There is consensual implied sex in the game, and the ability to kill anyone who isn't in the storyline. But it takes a really creepy person going out of their way to combine those two into a sex crime.

I think what you're looking for is that these people are mentally unwell, perhaps sociopaths or psychopaths and should get immediate psychiatric help with an obvious problem. A normal person, can figure out what is reality and fantasy. My parents let me watch violent movies the day I said to them "violent movies, are adult cartoons" at the age of 5, because I'd already been able to draw the distinction between reality and fantasy.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
3. No subject Dec 12, 2014, 19:21 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 18:35:
Has someone played the FFXIII port on the PC? Is it worth playing the port over the PS3 version? (all details about the story being naf or great etc notwithstanding. I'm purely talking port.)
Never played the PS3 version, but the PC port is pretty good. If you owned an original PC-CD FFVII or VIII copy, everything is pretty much like that. Graphic options, non-rebinding of keys at first, all that jazz. Think it was the 1.02 patch for VII that added in rebinding.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
67. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2014, 18:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 17:54:
I don't think losing the ability to hire prostitutes would actually hurt the game in any way. Especially since you get nothing out of it nowadays anyway.
Facts of life and reality hurt. Quick, remove it from the game!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
65. No subject Dec 12, 2014, 17:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 17:08:
So how about them Dodgers?
Sorry, too busy dealing with jackasses that want to inject their authoritarian political agenda into gaming while lecturing me that I have "internalized muhsoggyknees."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
59. No subject Dec 12, 2014, 16:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 15:54:
I just don't get this argument, though.
One guy wrote the review, an entirely different guy wrote the Op/Ed.
A year passed between them, which is a considerable amount of time for opinions to be re-evaluated, anyway.
And it's possible for a game to be incredibly fun to play yet also have some absolutely terrible plot points that make people cringe.

Does everyone writing for a site have to share the same opinion?
Can opinions not change over time?
And can something bad in an otherwise great game not necessarily make the game not worth playing?

According to SJW's yes. An entire group is guilty of the actions of a few individuals no matter what, even if there is no direct evidence--and if they work for them, the entire business/organization/etc is guilty of it. Notable examples from the last year: Mozilla, Gamergate.

So yep, Polygon has a serious misandry problem. I believe they need to take serious corrective steps to fix it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
56. No subject Dec 12, 2014, 15:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Oh...OH...OOOOOOH.

Where was polygon last year? That's right, giving it a 9.5/10. Fucking clickbait. Apparently Polygon has a serious misandry problem, what can Polygon do to correct this?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. No subject Dec 11, 2014, 19:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 18:55:
Sure, but do you HAVE to hand them the password? If there's no pw on the phone, like in this case (MORON ALERT), then yeah, why shouldn't they search the phone. They search your wallet when they arrest you, I don't see why an unprotected phone would be different.

SCOTUS ruled that you do not have to hand over the password to your phone. (but in Fourt/Fifth Amendment related funsies, if your phone is locked with Biometric data, you CAN be forced to unlock it, because it becomes part of who you are versus what you know. )

It doesn't look like the Canadian SC made a ruling on the password part?

Also... "We did it were the jewelry at nigga burrrrrrrrrrr,"

Do you speak a different form of English in Canada? I can't for the life of me understand what the fuck this is supposed to mean.
Passwords have already been covered previously by the SCC here, warrant required. For a period no warrant required, but really this is an extension of what's already case law here anyway.

But as for different form of english in Canada? Yes, note that centre is the correct spelling. But Toronto being the shithole that it is, has started becoming heavily ghettoized in parts much like Detroit, 15 years ago even the bad areas of Toronto you could walk through without a problem, or only a small problem. These days you're likely to be shot, stabbed, or have the shit kicked out of you.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Omega Released
14. No subject Dec 10, 2014, 00:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 11:28:
My concern with AMD has always been their drivers. It just seems they really don't spend much time testing them. Their hardware is always top notch, but I have always had more success with the Nvidia drivers, they test them more than AMD does.
I jumped from nvidia to ati before the last generation was over because I got tired of the shitty nvidia drivers. The TDR problem that existed for 6+ months, and was so bad they were paying to have rigs shipped to them. Not even counting the fan/overheat problem and so on. So far with my 7950 I'm happier then I was with my nvidia card.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
62. No subject Dec 9, 2014, 23:08 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 15:50:
They didn't build SkyUI in a week, ya know.
6 days actually, and then a whole pile of fine tuning.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > SimCity 2000 Free on Origin
1. No subject Dec 9, 2014, 22:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Pretty sure I've still got the floppies for this one. Almost makes me wonder if they're still readable.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2014, 11:08 Mashiki Amiketo

Follow-up bit, the bastard should be charged with culpable homicide.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
7. No subject Dec 9, 2014, 11:06 Mashiki Amiketo

Xero wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 11:00:
I haven't read into this one too much, nor watched that many videos to prevent spoiling it. Can anyone confirm that it plays similar to the original Dragon Age Origins?

More like DA:O, less like DA2. I can't remember exactly how someone put it, but it plays more like the first--but has some of the flashy stuff from DA2--without it seeming stupid. Tactics help, but controls really feel "off" compared to DA:O. Also, the tactical camera sucks ass.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
31. No subject Dec 9, 2014, 08:22 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 07:46:
Sidenote: Pillars of Eternity is still announced to come out Winter 2014.. not sure about you guys, but it's pretty damn winterly here... ^^

Winter doesn't end until march 2015 sadly.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
22. No subject Dec 9, 2014, 02:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 00:36:
It's sad news, obviously, but I want them to take their time. I want Witcher 3 to be awesome, and if that takes twelve more weeks, it takes twelve more weeks. I'd have more time to play it in May/June anyway.

(Of course, it's also possible they saw DA:I and looked at their own graphics, and realized their claim that it'd be the best looking RPG ever was under fire. )
Really man? DA:I's graphics are in some cases worse then the alpha release graphics that were showcased over a year and a half ago. Don't even get me started on the plastic models that are used for the medium settings on the graphics option. Ugh.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3295 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo