Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mashiki Amiketo

Real Name Mashiki Amiketo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mashiki Amiketo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description --
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 8, 2000, 21:30
Total Comments 3651 (Veteran)
User ID 2669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers
11. No subject Jul 29, 2015, 22:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Xero wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:00:
Keeps failing during the installation part. Says Failed, please try again after it finishes the 2.6gb download or whatever it was. Sucks.

Nvidia has been trying to fix that for three weeks now, glad to see they're on top of things.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs
12. No subject Jul 29, 2015, 03:46 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 02:17:

So there is hope? Really want to finish this story at some point ^^

Yeah there's still hope. Apparently one of the rumors is after all the flak they took from the XIII-1 and 2 for the poor optimization they pushed back XIII-3 to do it right.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs
10. No subject Jul 28, 2015, 21:43 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 17:08:
They said a month ago it is coming. If it were really coming, there would be a steam listing for this at least 1 to 2 months before release. So definitively not coming in August or September... ;/

There's a listing over on one of the french gaming sites showing a late 2nd or 3rd quarter release for it. Even then, I can't remember if it was 13-1 or 13-2 that didn't show up in SteamDB until 14 days before hand.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming
34. No subject Jul 28, 2015, 01:49 Mashiki Amiketo

Techie714 © wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 19:04:
I agree with many of you, it's an outstanding game but man if you want to finish it all I hope you have like 500+ hours...LOL
143 hours on my first playthrough and that was completing all the side quests, witcher contracts, and treasure hunts. That didn't include exploring everything though, probably another 30+ hours just for that.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. No subject Jul 27, 2015, 21:55 Mashiki Amiketo

Julio wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 19:08:
The author's guild probably wants to raise the price of ebooks to even more obscene levels as well. Not going to happen.

Wouldn't surprise me. Ebooks cost next to nothing in terms of production, but they all cost more then a physical copy where I live. Fuck that, and it's the reason why piracy is rampant.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. No subject Jul 27, 2015, 09:01 Mashiki Amiketo

Total fucking stupidity. Easy way to nip their demand in the bud, charge them 40% of whatever they make off each book.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. No subject Jul 26, 2015, 23:41 Mashiki Amiketo

John wrote on Jul 26, 2015, 21:26:
Interesting.. Walmart tried this and it didn't work too well. Of course they tried it in their HQ city of Bentonville which explains why it didn't get much business.

The local "independent" grocer in a nearby retirement community has been doing this for 15 years, they also have to the door delivery service for the last 8 years.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. No subject Jul 24, 2015, 21:43 Mashiki Amiketo

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 10:59:
Oh my god. Just stop sucking, cabbies! Stop ripping people off and learn to be fucking competitive, you shitty pieces of human trash. Fucking hell. Most of you fuckers drive like absolute motherfucking shit anyway. I'd be ecstatic to never see another cab-hole on the road again.

Most Uber drivers don't have with chauffeurs licensees or the $6m liability insurance on their vehicles. Both of which are required in Ontario, that massively undercuts their operating costs. Either they get in line and play by the same rules, or they can fuck off. Uber playing the 'but we're a tech company and said rules don't apply' are getting a lesson in reality.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Bethesda.net Launches
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2015, 22:13 Mashiki Amiketo

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 20:30:
Geocities? get with the times...anyways posting this to Myspace account..

Fucking hipsters. Get with the times, it all goes on Usenet and you can find my page on Gopher.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > etc.
11. No subject Jul 21, 2015, 23:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Axis wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 12:00:
Anyone who harasses anyone is a loser, no study needed. They tend to have low self esteem, few real friends, poor work ethics, poor judgement, quick to blame others, generally untrustworthy, dishonest, on and on.

Sound like any particular political party in general? I know, right!

Read the study data, and you'll find out that they came up with the thesis before they engaged in the study itself. It's another one of those shit social science studies that are complete garbage.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2015, 22:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Axis wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 10:57:
Firefox is the most stable browser out there, and the only one that respects your privacy.

I think you mean Chromium.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts
33. No subject Jul 19, 2015, 21:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Moog wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 11:19:
If only my Origin account could turn into a Steam account!

I fucking hate Origin... that piece of shite forgets my login details every fucking time it patches!
Had that problem a year or so ago until I fully uninstalled origin, and wiped the registry keys. No problems after that. On the otherhand, I'm starting to dislike Steam because of the complete shit tier level support. Twice now I've gotten responses in russian. For all the whining about origin/ea/whatever they've got some amazing tech support.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
29. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2015, 21:25 Mashiki Amiketo

Krovven wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 17:13:
"∑ All crafting components and alchemy ingredients now weigh nothing."

I don't think most people were having an issue with weight due to the Saddlebags, but I think this is more to help the hoarders and those broom collectors.

Generally I sell anything with more then 15 to a stack, even then when I was crafting armor, there were a few times I had to buy components or break down monster bits into crafting components.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
27. No subject Jul 17, 2015, 22:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 19:58:
Whoops, he went full retard.
Maybe we need a new meme? We've got full retard, we've got full McIntosh, maybe we need "going full Smart."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
2. No subject Jul 17, 2015, 19:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Lovely. Looks like consolitis has struck, and struck hard. That interaction menu with other characters...holy garbage.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. No subject Jul 17, 2015, 16:32 Mashiki Amiketo

I'll wait for those who are in favor of banning stuff because of feels, agree that SRS, SRD, circlebroke, circlejerk, etc, should be banned first. I believe old age will kick in, even though there's plenty of evidence of users and mods in those subs doxing, harassing, and engaging in behavior that would get any other sub banned.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking
29. No subject Jul 17, 2015, 16:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Linksil wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 11:04:
I don't remember the exact numbers. But it's around 30 the eye's see at. 60 being a more stable number(and game target)

Yeah nasa already did that, and it's above 240fps, if I remember the study right, fighter pilots see around 480-520fps. Even the jump from 60fps to 120fps is noticeable. The only people who think that 30fps is a good thing to see at, are people with one eye and those with no depth perception.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > Op Ed
29. No subject Jul 11, 2015, 22:19 Mashiki Amiketo

verybad1 wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 16:02:

Didn't look like trolling to me as this isn't a fanboard, but a place where discussion can (hopefully) be evenhanded. SC certainly deserves criticism as it's gotten ridiculous amounts of money, and changes what it's designs are during the course of production. I was interested in it myself when it was first coming out as a new Wing Commander...Now it's a huge glop of things and there's no visible end to the tunnel.

SC has been in development for 2 years 7 months. ESO took 7 years, KoToR 5 years, there isn't actually a game on SC's scale that's taken less then 5 years in development time.

Can you name an MMO that after three years only had the early workings of an FPS no one asked for, a small space for you to fly a few ships around in, and no sign of any persistent world? I can name a few that didn't have a persistent world to show after 3 years, some even longer, and none of them ended up being that great, or have yet to even release.

ESO.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2015, 22:39.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch Notes
2. No subject Jul 10, 2015, 23:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Darks wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 22:29:
Anyone tried the alternative movement for Geralt yet? I haven't but I'm excited about this and hope it fixes that twitch moment he has.

And that's some list of fixes, just love these guys and how they take care of us.

Nope, I've uninstalled my copy. I'm two play-throughs done at the moment and don't want to burn myself out when the expansion launches in the fall. But I'd like to hear opinions on it myself.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Drivers
20. No subject Jul 9, 2015, 21:51 Mashiki Amiketo

Simon Says wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 19:20:
Investing in ANY GPU right now would be a waste of money with the node shrink finally coming in the next models at both Nvidia and AMD... Just saying...

Not really true, it means if you pay attention you can get some GPU's on the dirt cheap side of things. That's how I picked my 7950 for $200(along with the pre-opened discount) the retail price was still $372 here in Canada at the time.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3651 Comments. 183 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo