Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mike Friemann

Real Name Mike Friemann   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Toughnut
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 16, 2006, 14:38
Total Comments 17 (Suspect)
User ID 26157

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Need for Speed in Trouble?
41. Re: Need for Speed in Trouble? Dec 14, 2008, 14:11 Toughnut

In today's economy I bet we see EA slimming down a lot of their franchises. Not just EA either.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2008, 14:11.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spore Patch
10. Re: Spore Patch Nov 18, 2008, 19:25 Toughnut

I think the DRM issue would have been a BIGGER issue if the game was a really good game. But the issue seemed to die when people realized the game blew cobbed corn. So in the end there wasn't enough steam to really fight against DRM.

As we all know, the problem with DRM in general is that it can screw with your machine. Usually only the people that actually buy the game are negatively affected. The people who pirate the game are screwed no matter what because you never know what you get when you download a pirated game.

News Comments > Spore Patch
5. Re: Spore Patch Nov 17, 2008, 23:24 Toughnut

I can't believe they released this as a game. It's not a game. It's an editor to create creatures and then they threw in four, unfinished, terrible RTS games around the editor to make it into a game.

None of us wanted the Creature Creator; We wanted the RTS gameplay! I haven't played this game in months, but I saw the post and had to comment. Such a big let down. Mainly because I blew my money on it and it sucks.

I feel bad for the developers. They spent three or four years on this piece of crap. Before it got released it was one of those games that everyone was excited about. Of course we all know now that they were sitting on a stinky turd and not a golden egg. Then it was released with the overrated DRM scandal. I say the DRM issue was overrated simply because the actual gameplay of the game was a bigger eyesore and anyone who worked past the DRM crap soon realized that the game wasn't worth playing and forgot about the game altogether.

The developers are in for a surprise when they realize no one is going to buy their little expansions for this creature creator - nongame.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2008, 23:26.

News Comments > Spore Patch Plans; Movie
7. Re: Spore Patch Plans; Movie Nov 17, 2008, 23:11 Toughnut

I can't believe Spore was released. What a horrible game.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Your DirecTV issue. Mar 6, 2007, 23:03 Toughnut

Have you tried removing the batteries from your remote? Perhaps your remote is sending signals to the box. Or perhaps another device is in your house is sending signals that mimic the pause button being pushed on your remote. Do you live near an airport? Do these problems occur only when your next door neighbor is home? Did you recently add a new piece of furniture that may reflect or refract light differently in the room that has the box that controls the pausing? Did you recently move the box (even just a few centimeters) that controls the pausing? Does your system use IR or RF for remote control? Did you buy a new cordless phone system recently? Is that a nickel on the floor over there in the corner? Do you sometimes where clothing that contains RFID chips in them?

I know these ideas are way outside the box, but every now and then thats where you'll find your solution. Oh yeah, finders keepers on that nickel if it is one.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 23:04.

News Comments > On Blizzard's Next MMORPG
24. Re: Haha Jan 23, 2007, 20:15 Toughnut

World of Babecraft

News Comments > WoW Patches
20. Re: Games should ship on DVD Jan 23, 2007, 20:07 Toughnut

Why for the love of god is BC distributed on CD though? Doesn't everyone have a DVD in their system?

Agreed. Luckily I bought the collectors edition so I could use either. I used the DVD.

Starting now, all games should ship on DVD. If you don't have one then the game probably won't run on your system anyway.

News Comments > WoW: Burning Crusade on Fire
31. Re: No subject Jan 23, 2007, 20:00 Toughnut

I don't mean to be sour grapes, but the success of WoW really depresses me. I just don't see Blizzard ever really paying much attention to single player or non-persistent multiplayer with success like this.

I have always hated MMO games, and probably always will. I'm sure WoW is a great game to those who are into the genre, but I worry about the effect of such unprecedented success on PC Gaming. It really bothers me that MMO's will pretty much define PC gaming in the not-too-distant future.

Prez, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer and join the online sensation before we all murder you.

News Comments > WoW: Burning Crusade on Fire
21. No subject Jan 23, 2007, 14:15 Toughnut

WoW rocks!!! I used to think that MMORPGs were silly little doo-doo games. Then I started playing WoW in October or November and can't get enough of it. Weeeeee!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Jan 21, 2007, 13:53 Toughnut

I'm just pissed about how it never ends.

We're still trying to clean up Aghganistan, and you abandoned us.

Now 'Bush' is stepping down, but who do you think cleans up the mess? The rest of the world as usual. It doesn't matter if he 'stay's the course. You guys did. Then you won't, because I guarantee that either way, someone won't.

So the rest of the planet picks up the pieces. As usuall. Go vote. I don't care.. We'll be there. Your Democrat/Replublican vote wont matter, because our troops are there. You're will be pulling out. Par for course. Thats why nobody likes you.

It's like mines in Bosnia, like you know, or give a shit.

We should just send in some giant-sized robots with guns.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 14:02.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. You know what's dumb? Jan 21, 2007, 13:51 Toughnut

Giant-sized robots that carry guns that are shaped like the ones that humans would use. So the robot uses a finger to pull the trigger? Dumb.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
5. No subject Dec 5, 2006, 14:36 Toughnut

I've played both. Once you go WoW you never go back!

News Comments > WoW: The Burning Crusade Delay
27. Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 20:31 Toughnut

If you didn't enjoy yourself playing WoW than you weren't trying or maybe you're just a weak little teenager who thinks that he's phat or phag or whatever you kids are saying these days.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 20:34.

News Comments > WoW: The Burning Crusade Delay
18. Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 24, 2006, 18:39 Toughnut

I used to think that MMORPGs were silly little doo-doo games for children too.

But then I tried WoW. Definitely a game worth it's price. Download the trial and if you still don't like it then you're dumb.

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Personal Data Clarification
120. You should stop using the internet too. Oct 18, 2006, 19:56 Toughnut

Stop going to Blues News! You guys must get ticked off everytime you come to Blues News too. Ads popup, hogging up the scenary, breaking your mind. Do this; don't do that. Can't you read the ... ah screw it.

The problem with ads is that they aren't creative. They're boring.

They need to make ads so that people will seek them out. Companies should be creating ads together and sell their products cooperatively. Mix it up a little. Have some fun. Advertising hasn't changed since advertising began!

They should make an ad that you don't have to see or hear in order perceive it. That reminds me -- M. Knight Shamylan's, "The Fart in the Corner" comes out next spring.

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Personal Data Clarification
107. Is the demo like this too??? Oct 18, 2006, 18:03 Toughnut

Is the demo like this too???

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 18:03.

News Comments > BF2 Patch Status
9. Ooops!!! Aug 16, 2006, 10:40 Toughnut

They were talking about the patch for BF 2142; not BF2.

17 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo