Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Doctor Evil

Real Name Doctor Evil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CythrawL
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2006, 02:24
Total Comments 161 (Novice)
User ID 26043

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews May 26, 2011, 11:26 CythrawL

Verno wrote on May 26, 2011, 10:54:
I don't really agree, the character is well positioned in the story. Granted amnesia is probably one of the biggest storytelling cliches but it was necessary given the character's level of competence and knowledge. The author doesn't seem interested in actually discovering these things more than anything else, just about everything is either explained or given enough context for the player to come to his own conclusions.

It reminds me of that idiot Jeff on giantbomb saying "why is my guy advisor to the king?" which made it rather obvious he had never finished the first game. It's more accurate to say that The Witcher 2 is less comprehensible if you haven't played the first game and that I would agree with but it is a sequel we're dealing with here. While I'm sure there are some people who want to play Magic User Geralt or Generic Stealth Geralt, that's not who the character is in the lore and it wouldn't fit the gameplay and story they wanted to tell. It's a different approach than the usual crpg stuff and I understand it isn't for everyone but I think they did a great job with it.

For the record I've never read the novels either. It's just that new mentality we see in game players these days, they want everything literally explained to them in excruciating detail - tutorials, history, etc. I can accept that if someone is a bit vague in the game then maybe there is supposed to be a bit of mystery surrounding the subject or maybe it's just unimportant to the plot. People should use their imagination a bit.

+1

I totally agree with you..

I also find it amusing about all the complaints of the combat.. is it tricky? yes it is... Do you get the hang of it? Yes you do.. Does the game hold your hand with it? HELL No..

I remember when games NEVER held your hand. That they were sometimes (seemingly so) rock solid right off the get go, until you practised and learned how to deal with it. The Witcher 2 is the same, and I for one welcome it. I have had enough of this current generation of games holding your hand and making it more casual. Prime example every FPS now has the mechanic in that if you take cover for a few seconds you magically heal and fight again..

Could you imagine if Doom or Wolf3D had this in?? Ugh.. People need to get thier heads out of the casual game arse and start playign games again that require some degree of skill and practise before you get the hang of it and beat it.. Its more rewarding that way IMO.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 2 DLC Will Be Free, Combat Trailer
7. Re: The Witcher 2 DLC Will Be Free, Combat Trailer May 13, 2011, 22:30 CythrawL

TheWitcher wrote on May 13, 2011, 22:27:
Pre-ordered.

I did that back in February, after I played that abortion of an RPG Dragon Age 2 (The Demo). Its been a long wait.. almost over then my life will be gone for a while

News Comments > The Witcher 2 DLC Will Be Free, Combat Trailer
5. Re: The Witcher 2 DLC Will Be Free, Combat Trailer May 13, 2011, 22:26 CythrawL

Techie714 wrote on May 13, 2011, 22:13:
I'm not surprised this is what CD Projekt RED DOES people. They make every effort possible to make sure the PC crowd is well taken care of with great games & plenty of content. You would NEVER see this from a major published except maybe Valve but they are devs.

If you support REAL PC Gaming BUY this game! Lets show the asshole publishers in the U.S. DRM is worthless!

hate to tell you this, but CD Projekt Red are devs too. It just so happens that they own GOG.com as well. They are publishing it themselves thru GOG, but all other channels are through a publisher, like Atari

News Comments > Fable III Windows Demo Next Week
4. Re: Thief 4 Image May 11, 2011, 13:10 CythrawL

Bumpy wrote on May 11, 2011, 12:48:
Yeah but it's got farting.

Yeah well Witcher 2 has tits... has it beat there too.

News Comments > Fable III Windows Demo Next Week
1. Re: Fable III Windows Demo Next Week May 11, 2011, 12:15 CythrawL

I wouldnt even waste the bandwidth on this overhyped and underachieveing game.. I'll be playing the Witcher 2 instead which will be far superior in every way..  

News Comments > Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles
7. Re: Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles May 11, 2011, 12:12 CythrawL

Anyone who wasnt born before Duke3D, is still too young to play it legally now..

Just thought I would point that out..

Also I am sure its gonna be a fun game, and be a great stop gap till the big releases in Nov, but I highly doubt its going to change the gaming world, other than the fact its finally out.. All pie in the sky drivel he is spouting there IMO.

News Comments > New Black Prophecy Content
7. Re: New Black Prophecy Content May 3, 2011, 18:48 CythrawL

Yeah the USA Beta has been out for a while. I got a Beta key and played it for a bit as well.. it IS pretty good, think MMO Freelancer with a bit of Eve and World of Warcraft mixed in. If they can get the latency and lag issues sorted its gonna be a winner for a Free to play Space Sim MMO...

News Comments > Why RAGE Has No Deathmatch
45. There is No WHY! May 1, 2011, 22:39 CythrawL

Nowhere in that interview does he actually say WHY there is no deathmatch... Only the Co-Op side and how good it will be... no actual REASON why there is no Deathmatch.....

It will show up afterwards... TBH for me, I hardly play any MP now. Its generally full of dickheads who cheat, or play so damn much that you never see who killed you... Quake 2 and Quake 3 were the last great Deathmatchers, and even then I still preferred it on a LAN with a group of buddies in the same room (we used to rent Pub rooms out for this). A lot of that experience is lost playing it on the net.. Guess I am just way too old Skool.. Although L4D 1 and 2 had me hooked for a while...

News Comments > Fable III on Steam
12. Re: Fable III on Steam Apr 21, 2011, 18:21 CythrawL

Fable III out on the same day as Witcher 2.... I know what I'll be playing.. Oh well!  

News Comments > Down Under Steam Pricing
1. Re: Down Under Steam Pricing Apr 15, 2011, 10:56 CythrawL

Its the same with Music CD's too. I remember Trent Reznor asking the people at one of his concerts if the prices for music CD's was still ridicously high.. They answered yes... and he told them "Well steal it... Steal steal and steal it some more, and maybe these fuckers will get the message" or something to that effect..

Seems likes the Aussies always pay higher prices, maybe its because it was originally a prison colony?? who knows..

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
20. Re: Thief 4 Image Mar 23, 2011, 09:36 CythrawL

It definitely is the Episode 1-3 of half life for Assassins Creed II. ( cept there are actually more weapons )

Wait what? so they have been taking years to come out with the installments? and we are endlessly going to wait for the final installment, and Ubi are never going to say anything about it or tell us when its out??????

I dont think you mean what you think you mean comrade.....

News Comments > EA ♥s Fox News
21. Re: Thief 4 Image Mar 15, 2011, 09:09 CythrawL

AnointedSword wrote on Mar 15, 2011, 03:07:
lol Interesting...let us see what side bluenews peops take. EA the so called evil empire or Foxnews the evil media that spews lies. lol

I like foxnews because they are one of the less left leaning networks out there. With that said, I will keep my bias out of it.

I suggest you watch this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418038/

and also read this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_Channel_controversies

They are far from "Fair & Balanced" as they claim. and anything owned by Rupert Murdoch you can bet your left nut that its politically motivated to those he donates his money to (See Lobbyist)

News Comments > EA ♥s Fox News
8. Re: Thief 4 Image Mar 14, 2011, 23:31 CythrawL

Totally not surprising that EA <3's Fox News.

Fox News is a media outlet that drives on people's fear. According to Fox News Violent crime is up, people buy guns to defend themselves, because those who watch that garbage are afraid. Actual facts are that violent crime is at the lowest its been in 30 years.

They target games on numerous occasions to drive fear at what "our children" are playing. Mis-quoting to get the facts "balanced and fair"

Anyone who watches any mainstream news media is being brainwashed, just more so with Fox...

News Comments > Thief 4 Image
37. Re: Thief 4 Image Feb 25, 2011, 22:44 CythrawL

All I can say is that there better be damn rope arrows in this one...  

News Comments > OnLive Patent Dispute
2. Re: OnLive Patent Dispute Feb 16, 2011, 17:12 CythrawL

Unless T5 Labs have actual WORKING tech based on thier patents and they can Prove OnLive have violated them, then it shouldnt even get to court. Unfortunatly the Patent system allows for people who have no product to sue for patent violation (See NTP vs RIM).

I cant believe that even after all these years we still have the same system and the same trolls making money from nothing..

Utter bullshit.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
76. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 13:29 CythrawL

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 13:27:
For a full refund? No restocking fee or any other fee deducted? I don't think so.
Regardless I mostly talked about the media, software, games, music, movies etc. I don't think you can return any of that stuff ones the package is open.

You obviously shop at the wrong places, Most I have to pay is a return shipping fee, if the store was not local. but yeah media no return usually

74. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 13:25 CythrawL

DangerDog wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 13:18:

You care enough to make this little rant posting, and we all know that you along with all these pseudo Cevat Yerli / Crytek haters will be downloading the final game off the net and playing the hell out of it if for no other reason than so you can spew more bullshit about how the game sucks or doesn't run on your crap hardware.

Actually no I am not downloading at all.. And yes it will probably run with my hardware, we all know YOU are downloading it right now according to YOUR logic.. Case and point I saw it was leaked last night, I could be downloading it RIGHT NOW, but I am not. I am NOT wasting my bandwidth on it.. Go fuck yourself if thats not a good enough reason for you, you self righteous prick! if it is, then lets carry on.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2011, 13:49.

69. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 12:49 CythrawL

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 12:14:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 11:38:
3) It's returnable if you don't like the product.

This is one of the few industries that can get away with ripping you off with hype and you have pretty much no recourse after you've made the purchase.

I don't think you can return any media for full refund after you've made a purchase. Even computer hardware or consumer electronics or even cars when you return them because you don't like them there is usually a fee to pay just so that you can't get your full refund for it IF they allow you to return the product the begin with.

Actually most hardware you can return within 30 days. After that you have to deal with the MFG and get RMA's etc. You cant return software period...

68. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 12:46 CythrawL

Actually I think they deserved it. The utter shit that has been spewing from Cevat Yerli's mouth over the past year and a half has completely turned me off buying or even pirating any of thier games. Its not worth my time, or attention. I mean Crysis as a game was pretty sub par. It was a great Tech Demo dont get me wrong and looks awesome, but as a game, once the Aliens kicked in it went to shit.. in fact it was the same with Far Cry, Great game until the stupid Mutant Monkeys made the appearance. Both Crysis and Far Cry were pretty fun till those points, after which I totally lost interest.

Crysis 2 I couldnt care less about.. After putting my pre-order in for the Witcher 2 from a company that loves and LISTENS its own community (unlike Cevat Yerli) I care less even more..

News Comments > Volition Would Kill to Make FreeSpace 3
38. Re: Volition Would Feb 9, 2011, 00:59 CythrawL

Creston wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 00:55:

While I agree with your points wholeheartedly, that particular boast doesn't really fly on this board. Many of the regulars here have been gaming since the days of the Atari 2600 or even the days of the original Pong TV console.

Creston

Oh me too, I still had my original Atari 2600 console with the Rocker Switches, fake wooden front until I moved to the USA. I used to have a TV Pong that had 6 exciting game modes sold by Grandstand..

But the bitching about controllers and "Freelancer was gay" comments obviously come from those who never had to experience games with such limited input. If the controls are done right, it doesnt matter what the input method is.. just do the DAMN GAME!!

161 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo