Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Doctor Evil

Real Name Doctor Evil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CythrawL
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2006, 02:24
Total Comments 151 (Novice)
User ID 26043

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age II Web Series Begins
15. Re: Dragon Age II Web Series Begins Oct 12, 2011, 09:40 CythrawL

Im sorry, Dragon Age what??? 2?.... oh I thought it was about a game that was relevant and not one that shafted everyone who liked 1..

oh and those that are saying the acting is crap, what did you expect?

The Guild is just as bad..... I don't see what the big deal is..

Oh look a girl that's into games.. hawt!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 2 2.0 Released
4. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Released Sep 29, 2011, 13:16 CythrawL

Not on steam yet  

News Comments > Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month
27. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 23:31 CythrawL

Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 23:24:
You're not wrong, that's just your opinion. No need to be a drama queen about it. If you like the action-filled and shallow DA2 over the old school depth of "boring" DA:O, you're perfectly entitled to feel that way.

The only ones in the wrong are Bioware who insist that DA2 brought many new gamers into the fold, while utterly ignoring the fact that it sold HALF of what DA:O did.

Creston

Because most of those played the Demo that was released weeks before, and saw it was an abomination of a game for those who bought and loved Dragon Age: Origins...

But I fear Dragon Age 3 will be taking the same path and the franchise will die with only one good game (with all the DLC) in its heritage.

Oh well, Roll on Witcher 3....

26. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 23:27 CythrawL

Jonny wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 18:45:
Everyone who loved Baldurs Gate, Pretty much loved Dragon Age Origins.

I didn't. Especially compared to Baldur's Gate II I found DA:O to be deeply mediocre in every respect. However, like a glass of manky, murky water in the middle of a desert it stood out by having pretty much no competition at all.

I'm a bit confused by this though, who the hell is Felicia Day and why is having her name on this DLC apparently a good thing?

Pretty much = Not everyone... Just most... That is all

25. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 23:25 CythrawL

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 19:51:
Ok here's another way at this. If you loved BG/DAO and felt they were close enough. What did you think of Drakensang 1 and 2? I mean really they are right down that alley big time. Surely those that love these games have since bought and played them, correct?

Maybe because Drakensang scored pretty average in all reviews I saw.. So I never bothered with either of them. I may pick them up in a Steam Sale, but I am not expecting anywhere near the quality of BG 1 & 2 or DA:O

23. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 23:20 CythrawL

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 18:39:
DAO for example sill had those 20 second loads where DA2 got it down to 3 seconds. How much the putrid bioware engine needs to load, that is a big deal to us. That's part of the fluid statement.

The way you are talking, it seems that Load Times makes or breaks a game irrespective of the game play... and if it was far enough away from DAO or even BG then WHY THE HELL WAS IT CALLED DRAGON AGE 2 and not some other IP or even a Dragon Age : Dark Emo JRPG Calling and not a follow up to Bioware's recent successful REAL RPG they have done for years???

And while I will agree that Baldur's Gate (1 and 2 and all the expansions) are top of the line when compared to Dragon Age Origins, it still felt like Bioware was taking a right step back to BG style game play with DAO... Now they took it the way for the mass audience with Dragon Age 2 - Ergo console kiddies who have only 3 seconds attention span...

Sorry you cant convince me otherwise. Dragon Age 2 was terrible, and I am glad The Witcher 2 was so far in the opposite direction that I had all but forgotten about Dragon Age 2 until this story was posted..

16. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 17:44 CythrawL

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 17:34:
What sucks is one mans garbage is another man's potpourri. There was imo a lot of things fixed with Da2 vs other bioware offerings, short load times being one and with their engine that is important. It also was a very fun action RPG. But the panning has been universal in terms of internet feedback, I'm afraid they'll go back to boring DAO. What is odd the 3 people I play who played DA2, they all liked it a lot to. So we do scratch our heads, but we know we are wrong, because the internet told us so. No one's perfect.

Everyone who loved Baldurs Gate, Pretty much loved Dragon Age Origins. It was as near Bioware has been to Baldurs Gate 1 (And 2) for years. In fact even Bioware stated it was the "spiritual successor" and in my eyes they did that..

Then Dragon Age 2 came out... and it was everything Dragon Age Origins and Baldurs Gate was not... It was a horrible step backwards with re-spawning Darkspawn, JRPG style battles, repetitive map design, limited choice of characters, and a story that was shit to boot.. Theres a reason Bioware's lead storywriter left due to Dragon Age 2, and to me it fucking shows...

So you can scratch your heads, but you are in a minority in this one by a country mile.

News Comments > F1 2011 Co-op Championship Mode Details, Trailer
1. Re: F1 2011 Co-op Championship Mode Details, Trailer Sep 8, 2011, 14:10 CythrawL

It amazes me that only now we are getting stuff like this. Geoff Crammonds F1 did this all on one computer (not at the same time obviously) really well back in the day. I remember six of us playing on separate teams going thru an entire F1 Season to try and win.. And that was what? 1992???

You'd have thought this would have happened much MUCH sooner ..

<shrugs>

News Comments > No Bastion DLC Plans
13. Re: No Bastion DLC Plans Sep 4, 2011, 22:34 CythrawL

Slashman wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 20:20:

What's Spacechem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjYOYtd298o

News Comments > Steve Jobs Resigns
35. Re: Steve Jobs Resigns Aug 24, 2011, 22:55 CythrawL

Pleased as punch.. Steve Jobs steps down as CEO of Apple.. Although he stays on as chairman... Wont be long and he wont be there at all... <Does snoopy happy dance>.

That egotistical maniac has screwed so many people over and now that he's dying he's expecting sympathy.. Well guess what Steve? You dont go thru life, earning all that money, not giving a dime to the needy (unlike other super rich egotistical CEO's) and screw over your so called friends and expect a "woe is me"

Maybe if you gave even a dime of your money to charity, like ooh I dunno say CANCER RESEARCH or something, I'd feel a little more sorry for you..

But as it stands... right now all I gotta say is.. Fuck you Steve, good riddance...

News Comments > Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives
15. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 23:07 CythrawL

PC Gaming is not dead... But C64 Gaming will revive it.. seeing thats a C64 keyboard underneath that monitor ^_^

Cant believe no-one on here noticed that.....

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
20. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 17, 2011, 23:29 CythrawL

commonperson wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 23:19:
Bioware were succesful before but do you think they'd have as huge products and as much clout if EA hadn't backed them? They'd probably be like Silicone Knights (well with less suck.)

Same could also be said of the following companies (who were like Bioware, doing quite well before EA "Bought/Owned" them, and subsequently liquidated them.

Bullfrog productions.
Origin Systems.
Looking Glass Studios.
Maxis.
Westwood Studios....

Need I say any more????

News Comments > Pachter Clarifies Crunch Comments
5. Re: Pachter Clarifies Crunch Comments Aug 3, 2011, 11:00 CythrawL

Seeing those "comments taken out of context" were originally on a video that he made in answer to a viewers question, I really cant see how they were taken out of context!!!

It was REPORTED on, so y'know people were aware of the bilge that comes out of his mouth.. It wasn't EVER taken out of context..

Both he and Bobby COCKtick should be strapped to an Atlas rocket and shot into space for the good of humanity.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2011, 14:20 CythrawL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw6xesXLIAA < yes it was 30 years ago they started broadcasting..  

News Comments > THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses
22. Re: THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses Jul 28, 2011, 09:14 CythrawL

How about THQ buys the Freespace IP from Interplay, and gets Volition, Inc, to make another Freespace game I am pretty sure that will sell exceedingly well.. I never really liked any of the Red Factions and every time I see a Volition, Inc game it just reminds me of the greatness they pulled with Freespace...

Oh well.. Never happen in a million years I guess.

News Comments > OnLive and Bandwidth Caps
9. Re: OnLive and Bandwidth Caps Jul 27, 2011, 23:13 CythrawL

My advice is download some good firmware to your Routers and see what your traffic is.. Mine has been on since Nov last year (DD-WRT) and not once since then have I got anywhere near 250gb in a single month. And I have no TV, I stream all my movies and entertainment (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu etc thru Roku) at least every day (More so on the weekends when my Son is at home) I also download a TON of shit, ISO images etc etc etc.. Most in a single month is 132gb (which was in May when the Witcher 2 was released - got it via steam and not forgetting a 9gb patch within a week after that) as well as all my usual shit.. 250GB is very generous, and really to rack that down EVERY month you must either be hosting a server (which I might add is
AGAINST any TOS for any public ISP AFAIK) or pirating a LOT of movies.

Now if only they were that generous with Wireless devices that are 4G capable...

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC This Fall
26. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC This Fall Jul 27, 2011, 09:16 CythrawL

Rockn-Roll wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 06:25:
The game really does have a 1990's game design...where the goals are nothing more than go from point A to point B so you can achieve some unrelated goal and see what the next section has in store, but we all knew that going into the game.

Sorry I have to really disagree with the 90's game design. The levels suffer the same syndrome as all modern shooters these days... Namely this: http://www.geardiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/fps-design.gif

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 20, 2011, 11:52 CythrawL

Funny, because the settings are right there in your control panel to make your profile public or not.. I searched for mine, and guess what.. No results found...

News Comments > More on BF3 and Steam
67. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 13:34 CythrawL

MajorD wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 13:10:
What happened to the good ol' days of installing the 3.5" diskette into the drive, running the 'deicing' .exe/installing the game, DL and installing the latest patch from a BBS, and running the game whenever and however the F&$K you wanted?

Damn, I am getting old. I may have to find another new hobby and start building train sets in my garage............

Actually I can up one on you there.. What happened to the good old days of putting a Disk in the drive and it booting the game automatically (Amiga) or typing LOAD "filename",8,1 and no configuration required at all (C64).. it just frakking RAN!! At some point it all went to shit after that...

News Comments > More on BF3 and Steam
65. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 13:28 CythrawL

Things must be good for EA to turn away selling on a platform that has potentially 30 million customers.. 3 million of which are online at any given time.

151 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo