Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Doctor Evil

Real Name Doctor Evil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CythrawL
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2006, 02:24
Total Comments 151 (Novice)
User ID 26043

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase"
15. Re: Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase" Mar 19, 2012, 21:55 CythrawL

Bullfrog..... Once great, bought by EA, turned to shit.. Now no more
Westwood Studios.... Once great, bought by EA, turned to shit.. Now no more..
Looking Glass Studios... Once great, bought by EA, turned to shit.. Now no more...
Origin Systems... Once great, bought by EA, turned to shit, now lives on as a hideous Storefront in name only..

Bioware is next on the Once great, turned to shit and now no more list..

Oh well.... When will these developers EVER learn... Oh right.. the promise of a shit-ton of money will make even the mighty fall...

EA had better keep their filthy shit covered mitts away from the likes of CD Projeckt Red etc...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Beamdog on Possible Baldur's Gate III Kickstart
29. Re: Beamdog on Possible Baldur's Gate III Kickstart Mar 19, 2012, 14:13 CythrawL

venomhed wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 14:08:
It is ridiculous that there hasn't been a modernized XWing vs. Tie Fighter

SO easy to do. Simple corrections and updates would make this game mega popular. 5 person squads, a Commander that could control the large ships and corvettes similar to Homeworld and issue commands to squads and even control A.I. squads to make the battles larger.

Lucas Arts has always had a sub par gaming division with by far the worst artists in the gaming industry.

No I dont want another non story based Xwing vs Tie Fighter.. I want another Tie Fighter dammit, with a great story, great missions, secret missions and photrealistic GFX. By all means tack on a multiplayer aspect to it, but for christs sakes NOT another Xwing Vs Tie Fighter Arena multiplayer only thingamebob..

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 18, 2012, 23:30 CythrawL

Digitalfiend wrote on Mar 18, 2012, 13:47:
There is a demo available for Anno 2070...check Fileplanet, etc.

Does anyone ever use Fileplanet any more?

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 6, 2012, 10:26 CythrawL

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 01:40:
Skyrim is STILL selling gobs of copies, even with a hugely-discounted game in the running. I'd say that's pretty impressive, rather than the opposite.

I think I remember reading that Skyrim has the accolade of the biggest selling title on Steam, ever... And I think that includes all Valve games too... Which is a smidgen more impressive.. To beat Half Life 2 in sales...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2012, 23:25 CythrawL

Oh I see what you did there.....  

News Comments > Syndicate Co-op Trailer
1. Re: Syndicate Co-op Trailer Jan 31, 2012, 22:40 CythrawL

"More than just a shooter, Syndicate requires you to use Origin Online service and will not be available on any other competing Online Platforms that do a better job"

Added to my boycott list... Dont even pirate it people. Dont buy it on any other platform... FUCK EA!!!

News Comments > Timothee Besset Leaves id
5. Re: Timothee Besset Leaves id Jan 31, 2012, 22:36 CythrawL

Ruffiana wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 22:08:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 21:53:
id software lost all credibility with PC gamers after Rage. Anybody who thinks otherwise is either too young or too stupid or a combination of both to know better.

id Software deserves skepticism at this point, but I think it's naive to dismiss them entirely. Anyone can follow up a mediocre game with a good game, or vice-versa.

But, id also deserves respect for its pedigree and contribution to the evolution of games over the years. They were critical in establishing an entire genre and leaders in developing 3D engines for quite some time. Plus they're support of the community, mod-community, and open-source releases of older engines is pretty awesome in my book.

Rage could have been a steaming piece of crap for all I know (no interest in it, didn't buy it), doesn't change my opinion of id Software or automatically discount any game they might develop in the future.

+1. I totally agree. id isn't done until Carmak retires and goes full time into Armadillo Areospace IMO..

So they pulled a stinker with RAGE (and to be honest its not THAT bad - but not that great either - nowhere near as bad as Duke 4 Ever) Lets see what they do with Doom 4. Then revisit it again.. The problem is iD games take so long to come out that when they DO pull a stinker its years again before they do anything about it..

News Comments > No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday
22. Re: No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday Jan 17, 2012, 16:03 CythrawL

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 13:53:
I don't know why anyone is even following Syndicate anymore. It's by EA, so it will require Origin and won't be released on Steam. And it's probably going to be a mediocre game anyway. The fact that there's not going to be a PC demo is just the icing on the cake.

THIS!!!!
+1
EA=Bad... Dont even pirate their games, never mind buy them.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
72. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 18:39 CythrawL

Vio wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 17:37:
BREAKING NEWS - MASS EFFECT 3 TAKES ARROW TO THE KNEE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSDfxde8fSg

Sorry.. but its getting too much now..

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
71. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 18:37 CythrawL

s1mon75 wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 18:02:
Guess ill not be buying any EA games from here on. I made the mistake of purchasing BF3, but then i didnt know that it required Origin.

Dont buy them, dont even pirate them.. I have boycotted EA on all platforms, including Android. That includes anything by Popcap, Bioware, etc..

Until they change their stance on Origins and work with Valve, and stop doing stupid ass crap like charging $100 for Downloadable Content then I suggest everyone else do the same.. In fact, crackers, stop cracking their games.. Drop all torrents... It would be funny if this could happen but unfortunately it wont.

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
96. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 09:29 CythrawL

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 01:48:
I bought SCII for $30 in November.

Lucky you... My point is/was that it is still $60.00 now there was a very small window to get it at $30.00. I mean its got all its inital sales now, so why the hell it isnt $30-$40 now (and not on sale) is beyond me. And it still doesn't cover the fact that's for a THIRD of a complete game.

No Prices have been announced on the expansions, and I will bet they arent even expansions at all, but stand alone titles each costing an extra $60.00 each..

That very reason alone is why I wont buy it. Maybe (if ever) when they are all out and bundled for a decent price, maybe then, but I am not jumping on the deliberate gouging of consumers with that title. I get enough gouging at the Gas Pump, never mind from that Blizzard/COCKtick marriage. At least Diablo 3 is a complete game from start to finish.

95. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 09:16 CythrawL

Kitkoan wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 00:30:
CythrawL wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 22:21:

last I checked it was one of the Splinter Cell Games (Cant remember which) that held the record for the longest uncracked.. over 12 months wasnt it?? But yeah it still got cracked, and I never bothered with it.

If I remember right, it was 6 days it took to be cracked, not months.

When StarForce 3.0 was released, it initially provided extremely strong protection - the StarForce 3.0-protected game Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory was uncracked for 424 days. It also marked a significant step up in the effort required to reverse engineer it.

No it was a LOT more than 6 days and more than a year...

65. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 8, 2012, 22:21 CythrawL

space captain wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 22:08:
entr0py wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 22:02:
Do you know of any examples of similar schemes that were cracked?

plenty of steam games

or you could put it this way.. ive never seen a game that isnt crackable - how about you?

last I checked it was one of the Splinter Cell Games (Cant remember which) that held the record for the longest uncracked.. over 12 months wasnt it?? But yeah it still got cracked, and I never bothered with it.

62. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 8, 2012, 22:14 CythrawL

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 22:05:
geez...so much butt hurt in here. I will end up getting it, but probably not until a sale or let them flesh out some issues. Apparently only 10 of us didn't get in the BETA. As it seems like everyone else in the world did.....

Good luck with getting that Sale Price..

1) it wont be sold on Steam and will be exempt from those awesome Steam Sales and
2) Look at Starcraft 2... its still bloody expensive for a "third" of a complete game.. In fact last time I looked it was STILL $60 at Walmart and from Blizzard Directly (sans box or any other kind of physical material)

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 23:40 CythrawL

STAY AWAY from Arkham City on the PC.. its a clusterfuck of DRM.

1) Steam DRM (Which is to be expected because y'know you got it on Steam)
2) Securom with Activation limits
3) Games for Windows Live (No saves if you dont)

I picked it up when it was $20 in the Xmas sale, and then after the fact I saw the clusterfuck... Do yourself a favor, and buy it on console. You will get less ass-reaming that way..

BTW Valve, please put a stop to this. If you are going to sell their game on your service (And Gabe is always saying that the more you provide a good service the less people will pirate)PLEASE get them to make it mandatory that we don't get buttfucked with sandpaper covered Comdoms. Sheesh... If I could, I'd get a refund....

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2011, 21:45 CythrawL

Bhruic wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 21:07:

Bingo, if a new elder scrolls game came out every year I'd stop caring.

Really? As long as the quality of the games wasn't compromised, I'd love it if there was a new Elder Scrolls every year.

Really build a huge world like the last few Elder Scrolls Games in a YEAR??

There would be a severe compromise in quality, that much I will tell you...

News Comments > EA's Command & Conquer Domain Spree
13. Re: EA's Command & Conquer Domain Spree Dec 4, 2011, 21:43 CythrawL

Jerykk wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 19:45:
The C&C series would be in a much better spot if EA hadn't shoved one out the door every year.

In fact I will go one further.. its been shit since they (EA) dissolved Westwood Studios..

Bioware will go the same way, mark my words..

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
44. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 24, 2011, 18:32 CythrawL

If I remember right, the last few AAA titles, (Skyrim, MW3, and BF3) were all leaked on Consoles first to the pirate scene, at least a week before they were released.. I think Skyrim came out on the PC Pirate Scen the day before, and the others were on the day of release...

So really, whats really going on here?

To me, it seems like Console Piracy is going up and it seems to be that they are getting the titles way early like they used to on the PC.

The PC on the other hand isnt that way anymore... Very rarely does it get releases a week before release date...

Pretty soon you will see Ubishit adopting the same policies on the consoles.. Pot calling kettle black it will be then wont it?

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
95. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 16:49 CythrawL

SirKnight wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 15:46:
Plus, with the PC, you need to spend tons of money to make it run at full specs at playable fps. Now, I have already done that, but still, spending tons on my PC every year is getting old as hell.

Really?? My almost 2 year old upgrade runs this just fine.. I havent spent TONS of money in years. Get good kit to start with and just update the kit when shit starts to get really shitty.. Which isn't every year.

I don't see me getting an upgrade until next year at the earliest and that's a THREE year upgrade cycle.. That excuse is getting older than falling off my dinosaur..

News Comments > Skyrim Specs
49. Re: Skyrim Specs Oct 26, 2011, 10:40 CythrawL

verrul wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 10:02:
hopefully it's not gamebro 2.0

If you had even bothered to look it up or follow it, you would see that its an all new Engine called the Creation Engine...

151 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo