Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Doctor Evil

Real Name Doctor Evil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CythrawL
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2006, 02:24
Total Comments 151 (Novice)
User ID 26043

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Two Worlds II Announced
8. Re: Two Worlds II Announced Jul 3, 2009, 14:24 CythrawL

Poor man's Oblivion? I don't know, Oblivion was pretty repetitive and boring and at least Two Worlds allowed to to ride horses and ATTACK FROM A FUCKING MOUNT!
So take your Oblivion statement and shove it up your naive ass.

Two Worlds was a good game, as good as Oblivion imho, better than Gothic 3 which it reminded me of (Gothic that is). At least it also had MULTIPLAYER AND COOP which neither OBLIVION NOR GOTHIC had!

So fuck you for bagging on a game that really tried to do it all, not perfect, but pretty damn good!

Really?... lets see the data now shall we?

For Two Worlds....

Publication Score
Edge 4/10
Game Informer 4/10
GameSpot 7.5/10 (PC), 7/10 (360)
IGN 7.3/10 (PC), 6.8/10 (360)
Official Xbox Magazine 6/10

Oblivion:

Publication Score
Famitsu 38/40 (Platinum)
Game Informer 9.5/10 (Xbox 360), 9.5/10 (PS3)
GameSpot 9.3/10 (PC), 9.6/10 (Xbox 360), 9.5/10 (PS3)
GameSpy 4/5
IGN 9.3/10
PC Gamer US 95/100
OXM 9.5/10

Compilations of Multiple Reviews

Game Rankings 94/100 (based on 102 reviews)
9.2 (average vote)
Metacritic 94/100 (based on 53 reviews)
X-Play 5/5

Oh look ... Awards None of which Two Worlds even was in the running...

Game of the Year G4, Spike TV
Golden Joystick awards, Shacknews
PC/Xbox 360
Game of the Year GameSpy Gamer's Choice awards, IGN Reader's Choice,
Gamespot Reader's Choice, Interactive Achievement Awards,
360 Gamer Magazine
RPG of the Year IGN, IGN Reader's Choice, G4
GameSpy, GameSpy Gamer's Choice awards,
GameSpot, Gamespot Readers Choice
Game Revolution, Interactive Achievement Awards
Editor's Choice IGN, GameSpot,
PC Gamer US, PC Gamer

That pretty much sums it up... POOR MANS OBLIVION?? <Pshaww it WAS>.. now go back to your hole, and while you are there, block it up so you do us all a favor and don't come out again..

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2009, 18:44.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Asteroids Movie Plans
9. Re: Asteroids Movie Plans Jul 2, 2009, 12:41 CythrawL

So you guys still think Atari is going to go out of business just because they publish crap games?

This is not the Same Atari.

The Atari we know and love was just the name brand bought by Infrogrames. The Atari the company who owns those IP's is long dead.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Release Dates
1. Re: BioShock 2 Release Dates May 26, 2009, 18:16 CythrawL

And then we will hear 2K bemoaning that Bioshock 2 got pirated in droves. Perhaps that's because you released it 4 days later worldwide, IDIOTS!.

Really why cant they release it the SAME day worldwide?.

If I hear 2K going on about piracy I have my 2 mile long trout at the ready to slap them...

This comment was edited on May 26, 2009, 18:17.

News Comments > 3D Realms Closing?
123. Re: 3D Realms Closing? May 14, 2009, 11:12 CythrawL

So you are going to leave PC gaming because Duk4Ever didnt come out????

Ok, seeya!! Dont let the door hit ya in the ass as I am playing Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.

It amazes me how people can be so passionate about a game that hasn't existed for 13 years. This past week there has been a huge media blitz of screen shots, Movies, etc.. If 3DRealms had been doing that for the past few years, then maybe, just maybe they would still be open today. GB's policy of releasing no media at all was a shot in the back. Also don't you think its funny that George is dead silent right now. No posts anywhere or anything. No interviews. NOTHING.

I doubt we will ever hear from him again TBH.

News Comments > Zeno Clash Devs on Piracy, Demo Plans
97. Re: Zeno Clash v. Piracy May 4, 2009, 11:46 CythrawL

I think its amazing that something that started off in the early 80's with schoolkids copying their ZX Spectrum games with a dual tape deck and swapping them in the playground has evolved into what it is today.

There are some pretty valid arguments in this thread and some of them I totally agree with.. Nothing is totally black and white.

News Comments > Dante's Inferno Game Revealed
1. Re: Dante's Inferno Game Revealed Oct 31, 2008, 10:16 CythrawL

That would be a second attempt to make this a video game. I was released on the Commodore 64 way back in 1986.
http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http%3A//www.lemon64.com/games/details.php%3FID%3D626

News Comments > EA: Forum Ban Equals Game Bans - Updated
52. Re: EA Forum/Game Bans Oct 30, 2008, 14:07 CythrawL

If so.. i envision a third party workaround being developed so players can play whomever they want without EA's interaction

You dont have to.. Most will allow LAN games and you can use Hamachi, works a treat!

News Comments > EA: Forum Ban Equals Game Bans - Updated
50. Re: EA Forum/Game Bans Oct 30, 2008, 14:05 CythrawL

Well, maybe if the Internet wasnt the sea of assholes that its turned into now, we wouldnt need this kind of ruling.

But the sad fact is that it has and is just that.. a sea of assholes! Just look at any forum's and you will see thousands of asshat's insulting and generally being obnoxious. Even in support forums where people go for help..

More power to em I say!!

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
11. Re: No subject Jan 28, 2008, 13:53 CythrawL

The USA needs to get out of the victorian age when it comes to what can and cannot be shown on TV. You cant show a buttock?? WTF?.. Even on discovery channel when they are showing say for example a breast cancer surgrey, they blot out the nipple. So a nipple and a butt are offensive???...

No wonder so many americans are shocked when they go to europe and see the beaches (topless) or read a newspaper in the UK (Page 3). or see sex on TV or maybe an exposed butt. My god... America needs to grow up and stop spending money on taking shit like this to court. Maybe then we wouldnt be in so much of a defecit...

News Comments > Alone in the Dark Delayed, PC Doubts Raised
9. Re: No subject Aug 10, 2006, 17:03 CythrawL

Fact... you dont NEED modchips that void your warrnety anymore...
Fact... ALL the latest games on consoles are available for download via P2P or Usenet.

Fiction... Console Piracy is miniscule compared to the PC. Where is the Console's biggest market??? Its NOT the US, but Asia where Piracy is MUCH worse then it is here. When the market is big the piracy is also big. Now the PC market in Asia is miniscule compared to the Console market. You do the math... They will lose the same amount of money in lost sales in the console market in asia as they would on a PC title in the western world. I remember the Super Magic Drive for the Snes/Famicom.. Guess where THAT came from??

Its an excuse that holds no weight in why they wont develop on the PC. And soon as people wake up and SEE that the less the PC will get abanoned for a lost cause against the fight of piracy..

Mind you the PC market is killing itself already, not via piracy, but due to lack of innovation in the games.

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 17:07.

News Comments > Alone in the Dark Delayed, PC Doubts Raised
1. No subject Aug 9, 2006, 22:30 CythrawL

They will say that piracy is the reason why the PC wont get the game. Meanwhile when its released on the PS3, Xbox 360, Atari will find that Piracy is also rampant on consoles just as much is it is on the PC.

And cries as freeloaders download it on Bittorrent and other P2P networks, to load with thier hacked consoles, and special boot disks...

Oh well, Alone in the Dark has sucked for a long time, only the first 2 were any good. The rest that followed were garbage. Trust Infrogames (yes they own Atari) to screw it up.. After all look at the raping they did to Ocean Software in the UK after they bought it and ground it into the dirt...

Time to let the series die, along with all the other non-innovative games as of late.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 22:31.

151 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo