Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Doctor Evil

Real Name Doctor Evil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CythrawL
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2006, 02:24
Total Comments 151 (Novice)
User ID 26043

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue
21. Re: The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue Apr 6, 2010, 12:19 CythrawL

Verno wrote on Apr 6, 2010, 12:13:
That server emulator doesn't let you complete the game and most people are not going to be installing Python and a webserver on their Windows machine just to play AC2 or Settlers 7. It's not a realistic alternative yet for those people who want to buy the game to support the developers but use a pirated copy instead to avoid the DRM.

Actually it DOES let you complete the game (as of two days ago with the latest database file), and it doesn't require to install Python (it comes with a Python DLL in the folder - Just click and go now), so your information is wrong.

At worst some of the side missions (non essential) are still flakey, but the whole game can now be finished. So at worst case you could fire up the Origianl and do the small side missions that are missing (and there isnt many now)

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2010, 12:29.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue
18. Re: The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue Apr 6, 2010, 12:08 CythrawL

Here is the thing...

Just wait until they adapt the Server Emulator like they have for Assassins Creed 2, then you can play it off line, no server issues. Just like many people are now with Assassins Creed 2...

And no that's NOT a joke, it actually works...

News Comments > More on Ubisoft DRM
27. Re: More on Ubisoft DRM Feb 20, 2010, 21:18 CythrawL

Someone needs to send Epic Beard Man to Ubi for some justice...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OnhnvczTk

News Comments > On Ubisoft's Online DRM
72. Re: On Ubisoft's Online DRM Feb 20, 2010, 21:14 CythrawL

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Feb 18, 2010, 08:14:
People still play PC games?

You obviously work for Ubi, as you said you are a developer, and I would bet my left nut you are the one who thought up and programmed this DRM crap.

I see UBI going Console only in the next 12 months and then no-one will care anymore. I was gonna buy Assassins Creed 2, but as it stands now I hope their shitty DRM is cracked within hours of release and a non restrictive crack will be available. May buy it then and apply the crack, or I may just skip it completely.

They have effectively laid the gauntlet down saying this is uncrackable. Remember folks WOW was only served on Private Blizzard servers, now you can play that on non-legit servers - Only be a matter of time..

4. Re: On Ubisoft's Online DRM Feb 17, 2010, 20:24 CythrawL

What people should do is buy it and then get some slimy lawyer to do a class action law suit against Ubisoft. Maybe then they will realize that they are just hurting paying customers.  

2. Re: On Ubisoft's Online DRM Feb 17, 2010, 20:17 CythrawL

Troll Alert!!!

Baaarrrrooogaaaa Baaarrrrooogaaaa !!!

Anyways.....

Well if that's how Ass Creed 2 works on the PC, then I am sure when its cracked it will be the most pirated game of 2010 on the PC, and serves UBI right too...

News Comments > On Metro 2033 DirectX 11 Support
4. Re: On Metro 2033 DirectX 11 Support Feb 17, 2010, 20:13 CythrawL

If it used DirectX properly then it wouldnt need PhysX it would use Direct Compute instead and therefor work on any DX11 compliant hardware for Physics ... But, I bet it doesn't, I bet its PhysX exclusive...  

News Comments > No PC Dead Space 2
133. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Feb 14, 2010, 23:53 CythrawL

Prez wrote on Feb 14, 2010, 00:04:
I love it when people consider something like this okay simply because it affects a game they didn't care for. Don't let me catch you bitching when it does happen to a franchise you care about.

If people weren't so wrapped up in themselves and their own narrow interests, they'd see this.

And you totally missed my point. A good game WILL sell well on the PC, this has been proven TIME and AGAIN. Dead Space was like watching SAW XXIXXXI. It was predictable, it wasn't a PC game. it belonged on console and it bloody well showed a mile off like a huge boil on someone's nose.

Dragon Age was proof that PC can (And DOES from time to time) do well, Starcraft II and Diablo III will prove the same again. Left 4 Dead is also proof. and I am sure if and when Valve ever release Half Life Episode 3 comes out it will PROVE it again.

Sins of a Solar Empire, do we NEED to go on?. Dead Space 2 at its BEST will be like playing SAW MMXMMMX and will again show as a console port that EVERYONE will bitch about it being so again, so yes... Good Riddance.

News Comments > No PC Dead Space 2
130. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Feb 13, 2010, 21:27 CythrawL

Shooters fanboy wrote on Feb 13, 2010, 16:04:
Well done PC pirates, BF Bad Company 2 neutered and now we're not even getting DS2, it's getting worse at a faster rate then I was hoping. What are we going to be left with in a few years just Valve and Steam?

Good Riddance IMO. Dead Space was a poor mans Alone in the Dark in space with fancy schmancy graphics anyway. Yes it LOOKED good, but after the few initial jump moments, it was like watching the Friday the 13th Part IIIIVVVVXXIII, you could predict when crap was gonna happen. It played and FELT like a console game, and I was bored with if after a few hours.

Pirates had nothing to do with it, a GOOD game (like the recently triple platinum Dragon Age) will sell regardless. Those sales figures proves it, and that was just RETAIL.. Remember just how long was Dragon Age at the top of the D2D and Steam charts? a long time if I remember right. it doesn't factor all those units into the equation (which is bullshit IMO, a sale is a bloody SALE)

Dead Space was crap, the only thing I thought was good about it was the creepy "twinkle twinkle little star" song, and the last boss fight.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it to be honest.!

News Comments > Apple iPad Announced
75. Re: Apple iPad Announced Feb 1, 2010, 23:13 CythrawL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQnT0zp8Ya4&feature=player_embedded

This says it all.... everything that needs to be said, Hitler says it...

News Comments > OnLive Presentation
32. Re: OnLive Presentation Dec 30, 2009, 20:44 CythrawL

I've Got The News Blues wrote on Dec 30, 2009, 20:19:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 30, 2009, 16:15:
On the client side, if your machine can handle youtube in high def, you'll be able to handle onlive. This will run on netbooks and iphones
You just contradicted yourself then because those two platforms can't handle high def video worth a damn especially netbooks with their puny Intel integrated graphics.

I suggest you re-read what he said.. if you can handle the hi-def streams on YouTube. YouTube streams work perfectly fine on those puny Intel integrated graphics. I have not seen one netbook, laptop and mobile device that cannot run them as long as the bandwidth is there. Its all done thru flash it does not need any high end GPU to do it.. In fact you can run YouTube in Hi-def on a bloody Diamond Stealth 64 if you have an old enough system lying around, granted not at full screen but certainly in a browser window in HD..

News Comments > Legal Briefs
4. IsoHunt downed by copyright lawyers Dec 28, 2009, 17:33 CythrawL

Hmm.. Isohunt isn't downed by any means. Its still up and running. Seeing ISOhunt is hosted and run in Canada, and the filing was done in California it will be some time before it is "downed". Seems to me that the writer on MCV didn't even check the facts (by going to the damn web-page!).. He's just spreading the usual FUD. The quote that the Pirate Bay is crumbling as well is just a testament on how much the author is speculating, and doesn't really know what he is writing about!

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2009, 17:34.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Announced
28. Re: Dead Space 2 Announced Dec 19, 2009, 23:59 CythrawL

ORLY?

So I am guessing all those awards it won and the fact that Shodan is STILL one of the highest rated Protagonists EVER in a computer game mean nothing.. So you didn't like it. I can dig that, that's fine.. But to say its not a good FPS and compare it to Dead Space (which IMO Looked pretty and was pretty atmospheric, but I was bored after about playing it for like 5 hours) is bizarre...

Thats like me saying that Dragon Age is shit, because it doesn't have Final Fantasy Battle sequences it it, and that Dragon Age in that respect is not a good RPG...

Most stupid comment all day on Blues....

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 9, 2009, 22:31 CythrawL

Valve need to at least fucking consider getting Half Life 2 Episode 3 done IMHO!!!  

News Comments > Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed
38. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 12, 2009, 01:08 CythrawL

They're never, ever, ever, ever, ever... EVER going to re-release, or release a proper sequel/remake to X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter.

Why?

Because they know that as long as PC gaming fans want it they can continue to pull you in with these bullshit, "Stay tuned for an EPIC announcement!" gags. If they did anything with X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter again, they know no one will ever pay attention to any of their new shit games.

As I said before, why all this lovin' about X-wing Vs TIE fighter, Really X vs T was S.H.I.T. compared to Tie Fighter and then X-Wing. I seriously don't get it at all? TIE Fighter and X-Wing and X-Wing Alliance were all far superior games to XvsT.

As for the announcement? well Lucas-arts IMO is going back to their roots. Exploring original titles..
Am I excited about this one? No.

But I for one am glad that Lucasarts is now doing stuff OTHER than bloody crap milking Stars shite that they have been bringing out for the past few years. I remember when Lucasarts brought games like the Eidelon and Rescue on Fractalus (which IMO is more overdue for a remake than bloody Xwing or Tie Fighter). Good to see they are at least trying something new, again not that I am excited by it. Just the recent stuff like the revival of Monkey Island just shows that things are a-changing at Lucasarts... at last..

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2009, 01:26.

News Comments > LucasArts Announcement This Week
38. Re: LucasArts Announcement This Week Sep 9, 2009, 14:55 CythrawL

Yes it was, but in comparison to X-wing, and Tie fighter, the single player campaign sucked.. it was basically training for the online game.

It was not marketed or produced as a single player game and it totally showed.

News Comments > LucasArts Announcement This Week
35. Re: LucasArts Announcement This Week Sep 9, 2009, 14:50 CythrawL

Why does everyone want X-Wing vs Tie Fighter? I'd rather have a really good single player space sim with a well written storyline than another online game. Hell even that with the Multiplayer stuff included would be awesome, but please no more just multiplayer Xwing/Tie Fighter stuff.

Tie Fighter was the best in the series IMO

News Comments > Castle: InstantAction Can Stream Any Game
2. Re: Castle: InstantAction Can Stream Any Game Aug 15, 2009, 09:59 CythrawL

Shame Instant Action is SOOOOO not ready for primetime yet...

Cannot log on using IE8 or Firefox, You register and you cant log on with the password you give. Games in BOTH browsers say "you need to be connected to InstantAction.com" and don't work. Request a password change and the email doesnt arrive for like 5 hours. Then you do the reset and after you log out it STILL doesnt recognize your password.

Utter shite.

PC gaming on a bad spiral... too fucking right if you release a website that DOESNT work with the top 2 browsers at all.... You deserve NOTHING.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2009, 10:00.

News Comments > Two Worlds II Announced
27. Re: Two Worlds II Announced Jul 3, 2009, 18:48 CythrawL

Ya, Bioshock has to be one of the most overrated games of all time. It was good, that's it.

No that award belongs to Spore..

Bioshock was a System Shock wannabe with Console Underwear on..

Shame really, it could have been much better than good... And I did finish it for the record... twice... now it gathers dust on my shelf.

News Comments > Two Worlds II Announced
26. Re: Two Worlds II Announced Jul 3, 2009, 18:31 CythrawL

Transformers also was a box office sweep, raking in millions. I guess by your assessment that movie will win the Academy Awards this year

Thats funny... Seeing the Acadamy Awards are picked by some old hoots in a room.

A majority of those awards for Oblivion were readers choice awards.. y'know voted by people who PLAYED the game. Not some old hoots in a room who have no clue.. Besides the Acadamy awards have already been done for this year. Transformers may be nominiated for some Visual Effects catagory or someother for NEXT years awards, Thats about it...

And even in this thread there are far more people who hate the game than love it. Again that must be rigged too, by your assessment of my assessment.

You are doing a great job of making yourself look silly so I'll stop and let you dig your hole deeper.. and really, do block it this time, you Plants Vs Zombies hater..

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2009, 18:45.

151 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo