Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Doctor Evil

Real Name Doctor Evil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CythrawL
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 10, 2006, 02:24
Total Comments 152 (Novice)
User ID 26043

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Beta
44. Re: G4 Makeover Coming? Nov 1, 2014, 23:53 CythrawL

HardCore74 wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 12:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 12:28:

Incidentally, even though the T-flight Hotas X has a lot less buttons, I can feasibly see myself using it along-side Voice Attack to make up for that lack of buttons, so that might be an option for those of you that haven't bought a HOTAS setup, but don't want to break the bank. The voicepack and voice attack software are a whopping 11 dollars. :D.

Or you can use some of those lesser buttons as "modifier buttons" So you dont need to use Voice Attack.. For example you can Keybind Holding down Button 7 with any other button and make a custom keymap. I have got the TFlight set up so I don't need to just any keys now at all. I have Lateral thrusters set up on the throttle stick, Combo buttons for Silent running, UI screens, use the hat for navigate the UI Screens, When not in UI hat can be used in conjunction with another button held down to target systems etc..

Just takes some setting up thats all.. I would love an X55 though...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Chris Roberts Game Countdown?
11. Re: G4 Makeover Coming? Sep 10, 2012, 15:02 CythrawL

Darks wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 12:54:
Nobody makes Space or Flight sims as good as Chris does. Cant wait to see what hes comng up with.

Space Combat:

I beg to differ, anything Lawrence Holland, and Edward Kilham were miles better (Tie Fighter is still the best IMO)..

Also the original Volition team who worked on Freespace (1 & 2) too..

And if you want full Sim, David Braben (yes might look ugly, but as a Sim, Frontier for the time was still unbelievable.)

Dont get me wrong I loved the Wing commander series and Freelancer, but to say nobody makes them as well as Chris does, No... Not by a mile..

News Comments > G4 Makeover Coming?
14. Re: G4 Makeover Coming? Sep 8, 2012, 20:32 CythrawL

JediPunisher wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 01:06:
A more sophisticated G4 reminiscent of GQ?
Well, that explains why Adam Sessler left the network…After all, he’s not exactly GQ material. He recently tweeted that he broke his d..k dancing Gangnam style.

Anyways, I think GQ4 is a mistake... I miss TechTV with old favs like The Screen Savers with Leo and Patrick!

Patrick is on Tekzilla twice a week.. Seriously folks, the old TechTV is pretty much Revision3

News Comments > G4 Makeover Coming?
3. Re: G4 Makeover Coming? Sep 7, 2012, 10:24 CythrawL

G4??? Whats that???

I have been watching Revision3 TV instead (Tekzilla, Destructoid and many other channles)for FREE... without a Cable Sub..

News Comments > Diablo III Patched in Americas
11. Re: Diablo III Patched in Americas Jun 19, 2012, 18:32 CythrawL

bjack wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 18:18:
Is this the patch that... lets me play a single player game during outages/maintenance?

Getting as old as Arrow to the Knee jokes.... Sorry...

Blizzards design choice was to make it this way, for good or bad.. Don't like it, Don't play it/buy it... Simple..

Or use the (Ahem) Server emulator thats floating around.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched in Americas
10. Re: Diablo III Patched in Americas Jun 19, 2012, 18:26 CythrawL

Pigeon wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 18:01:
Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

I just got a magic item from some defiled bones, so their nerf isn't working? Or maybe I'm not understanding what qualifies as destructible.

Destructible objects like Pumpkins, in the background. Not stuff like barrels, Bones, Vases etc....

Also the Magic Find thing.. That means that Magic Find score no longer has a bearing on destroying a barrel for example dropping a rare/magical item. It doesn't mean it WONT do it (it still can) but your MF ranking wont influence it on those lootable items.. However monsters are not affected by the MF change.... Blizzard cant win. People hate and love MF. They tweak some of it and anger ppl regardless.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
78. Re: Diablo III Patch May 29, 2012, 21:31 CythrawL

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 29, 2012, 19:55:
Awesome going...
Right now I am thinking about getting a refund.

Yeah... Good luck with that......
Maybe I should get a refund on The Witcher 2 on Steam due to that clusterfuck with 8gb Patches when it first came out...

Oh wait... you cant....

News Comments > Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend
40. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 11:42 CythrawL

deqer wrote on May 18, 2012, 11:39:
Rattlehead wrote on May 18, 2012, 11:35:
I enjoy Diablo 3 and will enjoy Torchlight 2. Stick that in your pipe and smoke. It's weird how you can enjoy both games without turning it into a pissing contest.

I hate all of you.
Ya, way to divide your resources amongst two things of the same category making yourself 50% useful in both games, rather 100% useful in one game that you could put all your resources into.

Um I play more than one game at any said time.. As do most "normal" people.. Your argument is invalid

38. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 11:38 CythrawL

Rattlehead wrote on May 18, 2012, 11:35:
I enjoy Diablo 3 and will enjoy Torchlight 2. Stick that in your pipe and smoke. It's weird how you can enjoy both games without turning it into a pissing contest.

I hate all of you.

Im enjoying Diablo 3 too. I ave had probably 2 instances where I couldnt get on a day or so ago. I have seen some Lag (and its infrequent). Really this Internet RAGE over games is getting a bit much these days.. Dont like it? Dont fucking buy it.. Simple.

35. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 11:35 CythrawL

deqer wrote on May 18, 2012, 11:31:
CythrawL wrote on May 18, 2012, 11:28:
InBlack wrote on May 18, 2012, 10:31:
I really, really hope they iron out the bugs in the Diablo3 engine. Im having a lot of fun with the game but jesus christ their engine SUCKS MAJOR BALLS....Its playable....sort of....but I cant imagine anyone making a hardcore character for D3 at this moment.

Actually thats NOT the engine, thats Server to client latency issues (IE LAG). It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Game Engine and has EVERYTHING to do with the Server -> Client code... Get a grip!!!
Technically that is the engine, though. There is no offline mode, and never will be. That is how the engine is built, online only. So, technically that IS the engine. lol

Wrong! The Engine still RUNS from your PC... there is over 8GB of data on your Hard Drive. All the assets, sounds etc are still running from THAT ENGINE..

The decision was that the AI and everything else was running SERVER side and are fed to the CLIENT ENGINE that runs off your Hard Drive.. IF the engine was online only, your client would be small.
Therefor its a Client -> Server issue nothing more

33. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 11:31 CythrawL

deqer wrote on May 18, 2012, 11:26:
Looks like RunicGames TL2 website is being DDOS attacked.

Hahahaha, you immature Blizzard lovers.

You get all bent out of shape because
1) You got shafted with D3 but refuse to believe it. Blizzard4ever!right?
2) Jealous that TL2 is more real ARPG than Diablo 3.
3) Paid 3x more $ to only lease the game.

But, nooooooooooo, you won't admit it. You won't feel ashamed of yourself. You musn't! right? lol. Instead, you'll act out and do something immature by putting your l33t linux skills in motion and DDOS attacking poor old RunicGames.

Haha, you're just a bunch of fuckers, and you know it.

G'day

Love you can make conclusions that its Blizzard Fanboys with zero PROOF.. Could it be that the legions of Diablo owners all pissed at the game are hitting the site to sign up for the Beta??

Y'know it could be just that...

Who's the fucker now?

31. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 11:28 CythrawL

InBlack wrote on May 18, 2012, 10:31:
I really, really hope they iron out the bugs in the Diablo3 engine. Im having a lot of fun with the game but jesus christ their engine SUCKS MAJOR BALLS....Its playable....sort of....but I cant imagine anyone making a hardcore character for D3 at this moment.

Actually thats NOT the engine, thats Server to client latency issues (IE LAG). It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Game Engine and has EVERYTHING to do with the Server -> Client code... Get a grip!!!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed
14. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:12 CythrawL

Xoxotl wrote on May 1, 2012, 17:58:
CythrawL wrote on May 1, 2012, 17:22:
That joke is getting so long in the tooth that it "almost" makes arrow to the knee jokes look original

If there's anything us PC gamers can be relied upon for, it's played-out past-its-prime humor.

(eyes glance at the DNF icon on my desktop)

Oh I agree... and to be quite honest the fact that its coming on Xbox first doesn't bother me in the slightest for some reason. I have another playthru of the Witcher 2 to do (with the new version that dropped a few weeks ago), Diablo 3 is right on the doorstep, and Skyrim just got kitted out with some new less performance impacting ENB drivers and textures (Read not Skyrim HD) that it looks like it will be getting a playthru again as well.

To be honest, -and I think its sad this-, For some reason I am addicted on getting mods to work to run Skyrim at the highest fidelity with the least performance drop.. Its like over-clocking, but not... Im just weird I guess

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 17:22 CythrawL

Xoxotl wrote on May 1, 2012, 17:06:
Not to worry, PC gamers! The PC version of the DLC (when it comes out) will come with a PC-exclusive set of horse armor*!

(for only $5.99 more)

That joke is getting so long in the tooth that it "almost" makes arrow to the knee jokes look original (Although HBO did an excellent job on Game of Thrones a couple of weeks ago).

3. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 17:03 CythrawL

It was stated ages ago that any DLC would come on the Xbox first, with other versions to follow about a month later..

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released
46. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 09:37 CythrawL

Verno wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 09:04:
Krovven wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 20:16:
Forcing me to download 1.6 gigs of French and German voice overs for a patch...not cool. Edit: 12gig patch...largest patch ever?

1) No link to the patch on the GoG.com news page. 2) No link on the Accounts>Games page on GoG.com. 3) Downloaded the Auto Patcher and it tells me that I have 2.1 already and game is up to date. 4) So I read carefully through the press release again...auto patches upon loading the game.

Get your shit together CDProjekt. The only other thing I didn't do was download the Download Manager, which I was going to do next. I wonder if that even works to get the game patched.

Wishing they provided a Steam key with the TW2 purchases from GoG.

He's constantly calling the Blues community a bunch of whiners and entitled children, oh the irony. I think this post pretty much speaks for itself, a new low even for Krovven Hat2

Even better if he had followed the instructions at the BOTTOM OF THE LAUNCHER, that even a dumbass like myself did then he wouldn't have had to write such drivel..

so to sum up....

Open Steam

Open Witcher 2

CLICK ON LINK ON BOTTOM OF LAUNCHER!!!

Read instructions to set you steam account to public, and send Email of your Steam account to CDPR *No passwords etc*

They verify and send you a link to download the GOG version within 72 hours....

FFS!

News Comments > Origin Bans No Longer Cover Solo Play
16. Re: Origin Bans No Longer Cover Solo Play Apr 16, 2012, 13:57 CythrawL

Hmm lets see...

You pay $60.00 for a game to play it online - EA has already been paid b y YOU for said game..

You post something on the forums in a rage saying EA sucks!
Get banned from Forums...

No longer play multi player - Which I might add you PAID for when you handed over your $60.00

And no-one sees this as wrong in any way, shape or form?

News Comments > Naval War: Arctic Circle Video Diary
1. Re: Naval War: Arctic Circle Video Diary Apr 3, 2012, 18:22 CythrawL

Awww!!!! And there's me all excited that my life long dream of a game about belly buttons in the Arctic was fulfilled.. Alas no..

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2012, 21:43 CythrawL

Testament to Skyrim is that I am still playing it on and off even now, and I have had it since release... The Mods are so awesome now.. Started a new game with a bunch of eyecandy mods and Wars in Skyrim.. Fun stuff!!  

News Comments > DICE: Console Certification Holds Up PC Patches
6. Re: DICE: Console Certification Holds Up PC Patches Mar 27, 2012, 21:39 CythrawL

Yup it IS a benefit...

It benefits me on deciding not to buy anymore EA stuff since that Origin Shit dropped with BF3... Makes me happy that I didnt with that bullshit being spouted..

DICE will be the next big studio to become a pile of shit, like Bioware before them..

The Curse of EA strikes again

152 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo