Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cam M

Real Name Cam M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname siapnar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 8, 2006, 22:21
Total Comments 1887 (Pro)
User ID 26019

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M
13. Re: Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M Jan 21, 2015, 20:23 siapnar

Is it worth playing past the 10 hour mark if I get this game? I hear it just falls into more repetitive and frustrating territory

Krovven wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 17:27:
Am I the only one that thinks 1 million seems really low for multi-platform release with AAA production and the Alien IP?
I thought this as well. A ton of exposure for this game, as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences
3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences Jan 20, 2015, 09:37 siapnar

How's the mouse look in this game? My buddy said you have to hold the button down constantly..
Has that changed? Is it really cumbersome/fatiguing?

News Comments > Hatred Earns AO Rating
36. Re: Hatred Earns AO Rating Jan 18, 2015, 00:03 siapnar

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 23:43:
Ps.: No game "forces" you to do anything. You have dozens of choices, one of which is NOT PLAYING IT. You have however no right to insult anyone who does play it.
I see your point but if your are to actually play the game to any kind of completion, yes you are forced to kill innocents.

And yeah, obviously I won't be playing it. But I can bitch about in vain

31. Re: Hatred Earns AO Rating Jan 17, 2015, 15:36 siapnar

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 13:21:
then where does it stop.
Here. It stops with this game and rape simulators. And pupping torturing simulators. Draw a line for once.
To me, the line is pretty clear, it's not like: "yeah but then where does it stop?"
This is where it should stop. Any rational person should see that a game that forces the player as the sole objective, to kill innocent civilians for fun, with realistic executions in the most brutal manner, is sick. Why not kill kids, too?

I'm not saying it shouldn't have the right to be made. People can do whatever they want.
But what they do can't be invulnerable to criticism due to freedom of speechh. That's bullshit.

Like others are saying.. no one here is saying it should be banned or the team not have the right to make it.
What baffles me is how people can defend them, based on the content of the game. Why make a game like this?

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2015, 16:32.

23. Re: Hatred Earns AO Rating Jan 17, 2015, 13:04 siapnar

I couldn't care less if I'm labeled a SJW, moral crusader, hypocrite, whatever - my opinion is that this game is disgusting, and I don't know why anyone would defend it's existence.

And those acting like it's no different than other games are either willfully ignorant or just stupid.
Also, my opinion

News Comments > Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons IP Sold
8. Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons IP Sold Jan 17, 2015, 10:34 siapnar

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 23:17:
A sequel to this little gem would be fine with me. It's not like it has to star the unnamed waifs from the first one, they're not exactly a huge draw. It could be their sons or literally any other pair of brothers in this world which is obviously crammed full of mythology. Maybe even deal with the consequences of the first journey.
Put this way, I could see how it could actually be good.

That said, I don't have much faith in 505 doing the first game justice

News Comments > Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons IP Sold
2. Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons IP Sold Jan 16, 2015, 21:18 siapnar

Fully agree. Can't they leave IPs alone, especially those that had concrete and satisfying closure  

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
6. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 16, 2015, 19:46 siapnar

Anyone actually surprised by this mess?
The first screenshot I saw of it looked lika bad mod for HL1

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released
10. Re: Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released Jan 13, 2015, 22:41 siapnar

I'll also chime in to say that this game is phenomenal when it comes to making you immersed in the experience. The graphics, sound, pacing... everything is very on point.
probably the best lighting I've ever seen in a game, as well

I only played about a could hours at my buddy's but I was extremely immersed.
I'll pick it up when it's on sale again

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
14. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 11:11 siapnar

That nighttime shot is truly impressive.

The shot with Michael has me concerned about distant texture res and that blur effect the rage engine uses, though

News Comments > New Hitman Game Details This Year
2. Re: New Hitman Game Details This Year Jan 12, 2015, 10:37 siapnar

If they model this new one after Hitman 2 and Blood Money I'm all ears, but the last game was pretty disappointing  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 12, 2015, 00:12 siapnar

Far Cry 4 does some things really well but god damn is it annoying getting attacked by psychotic animals every 2 minutes.

It's also highly repetitive, with little distinguishing different areas on the map. Need more landmarks and points of interest.

And the story is very meh.

Shooting arrows, throwing knives and climbing cliffs is still keeping me going, though.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Evolve
22. Re: Gone Gold - Evolve Jan 8, 2015, 22:57 siapnar

Xero wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 22:48:
Who the hell wouldn't want another Giants Citizen Kabuto? Heck, even a remastered edition would be great as the game was loads of fun and multi had plenty of great moments despite the bugs
I'd pay full price for a remastered edition. What a great game.

News Comments > Mafia III News Soon?
13. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 8, 2015, 00:53 siapnar

I also had no problem with Mafia 2's linearity and streamlined experience compared to GTA. I don't think the two series can be compared too much, they're very different games.

Mafia 2 was stunning to look at, and for me was one of the most immersive gaming experiences I've ever had.
The gunplay was great in my eyes, and the story was at least above average (minus the prison chapter which was awful)

I'm pretty damn excited for a number 3, especially since 2K will be upping the ante graphically, and they develop fully with PC in mind.
I saw some rumours of a collaboration with Rockstar as well. Maybe no truth to it, but rumours start somewhere

News Comments > Chaos Ride Begins
8. Re: Chaos Ride Begins Jan 2, 2015, 16:13 siapnar

The ability to drive on the walls/ceiling as well as the high speed reminds me of Rollcage  

News Comments > Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight
72. Re: Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight Dec 30, 2014, 18:24 siapnar

I think most "moral crusaders" (less, but still douchey version of the term SWJ) on here would say that the developers of Hatred can make their game all the like, but to distribute it on the biggest digital platform the PC has to offer... that's just going to create shitstorm of bad publicity for the industry.

Hatred has every right to made, but I don't think it should be easily promoted.

It's like releasing Cannibal Holocaust to major theatres and glorifying it's content

News Comments > Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight
47. Re: Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight Dec 30, 2014, 15:18 siapnar

harlock wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 14:25:
see - and heres the thing about it: there are tons of movies with extremely questionable and disturbing narratives/graphics/portrayals... but for some reason games are different? why is that? "oh its interactive!" what? its no different than a movie, except you are IN it, rather than just watching it - the original creation of the world and setting and characters is the exact same principal
Actually it's completely different because rather than watching some asshole do it on a screen (and usually being shocked/disgusted by it), you're committing horrible acts yourself in an interactive world. And if committing those horrible acts is the object of the game, even worse.

And I agree with some other people on here when they say the developers are dicks for making this game, because it's going to stir up controversy and give our hobby a lot of bad press (which they seemingly want) and is overall bad for the industry.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2014, 17:40 siapnar

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a fantastic little game, and for $1.69 you'll get %2000 of your money's worth.  

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Follow-up Teased
3. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Follow-up Teased Dec 26, 2014, 22:03 siapnar

Cutter wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 13:37:
Seasons Greetings, bitch? Yeah...ok Jesse.
Gotta stay hip, yo

News Comments > World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion
18. Re: World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion Dec 19, 2014, 16:22 siapnar

Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 14:02:
*extremely thorough satirical press release write-up*
Damn Creston, you ARE bored aren't you..

1887 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo