Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cam M

Real Name Cam M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname siapnar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 8, 2006, 22:21
Total Comments 1764 (Pro)
User ID 26019

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
26. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 13:38 siapnar

As far as I'm concerned, if they just injected the Euphoria engine into the current one, that would be enough.

Animation has always been the worst offender. A really bad offender in comparison to other AAA titles, as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Trine 3 Announced
6. Re: Trine 3 Announced Mar 2, 2015, 12:54 siapnar

I actually yelled out YES and did an inward fist pump when I saw this headline

If there's ever a guaranteed game buy for me, it's this series

News Comments > Vector Thrust Beta
1. Re: Vector Thrust Beta Feb 25, 2015, 10:58 siapnar

I like the cell-shaded style, and I'm sure there's a decent game in there, but man is that a horrible trailer they have on the Steam page.  

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Stress Test
3. Re: Dirty Bomb Stress Test Feb 20, 2015, 20:34 siapnar

This actually looks pretty fun. Reminds me a bit of old school fun with CS.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Winter Patch & Free Community Map Plans
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Winter Patch & Free Community Map Plans Feb 20, 2015, 15:33 siapnar

Hey, at least they're involving the community somewhat. This is a step forward, not back. We'll never be back to the modding days with these guys, but I see this as progress.
Could be better
Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 13:34:
I uninstalled the other day, got my moneys worth but realized I'm just not enjoying the newer BF games as much.
I find if I'm not playing with buddies, my enjoyment of BF4 is far far lower than if I am over TS.
when we get a full squad playing together with voice though, this game is the tits.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 19, 2015, 19:58 siapnar

The graphics, animation and sound are fantastic in The Order.. it's just the actual game looks pretty bland. The colour palette doesn't help.

Oh, and as usual, zero effort is put into creating AI. These goons are even a step back, just standing out in the open on dislpay like statues

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 18, 2015, 11:42 siapnar

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 10:53:
That video "interview" is killer. Can't stop laughing
The guy's laugh is ridiculous.

even funnier is that what he's saying isn't even that funny.

From youtube:
"something about paella which is a spanish dish, and how he went to look for something on the beach but the tide had risen"

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Fundraising Ends and Continues
8. Re: Shadowrun Hong Kong Fundraising Ends and Continues Feb 17, 2015, 22:36 siapnar

Dev wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 18:33:
Too much work for small shops (though they should offer PayPal at the least).
Couldn't they just set up a website with the ability to fund the project via paypal and that be enough?
I mean if their Kickstarter is funded and people trust them enough to continue backing, a simple site with paypal compatibility would probably do the trick.

jdreyer wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 14:56:
Yeah, I wish I could have funded Limit Theory. Didn't hear about it until a couple of months after the KS, and Josh isn't taking any more money (not that he needs it - guy lives with parents, so $187K should fund him for years). He doesn't need my money, but I would have liked to have access to the beta.
Wish I could have access as well. That game looks fantastic, although he has some trials ahead of him with creating content.
I love that guy, though. Just watched his latest update video again. It helps that his voice and manner are really relaxing, too.

News Comments > STRAFE Alpha Demo
2. Re: STRAFE Alpha Demo Feb 17, 2015, 11:55 siapnar

I pretty much backed it just because of the video  

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 12:37 siapnar

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 12:11:
First their tools and processes should always be improving to make it quicker. And we have plenty now, most <$20. I don't need AAA, Single and Double A many times show up their stoic AAA brothers.
By no means am I agreeing with putting so much manpower into photorealistic graphics.
I'm content with stylized or really crisp visuals and animation.

For instance, the 2008 Prince of Persia remake is a fantastic looking game, IMO. Played it yesterday and wasn't distracted by the graphics apart from being in awe of the artistry

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 11:57 siapnar

Now that there's such a demand for high graphics quality, the amount of work put into game art skyrockets.
Same goes for animation and physics simulation (sadly, not for AI - evidently, barely anyone cares about AI improvement).
There's no money left over for story and scripting after all the art and animation is done.

We're going to see more games like this in that they're short and linear but extremely detailed.
I don't mind (if it's well done), but 6 hours is pretty short.
Like someone said though, better to have a tight, controlled game that's a great experience than trudge through 20 hours of partial mediocrity.

Of course, there are games like GTA V which has an insane amount of content while maintaining high level graphics. But it's a tried and true product which is guaranteed to sell like hot cakes.. so they can justify throwing a ton of cash into it

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 15, 2015, 21:29 siapnar

Wolf Among Us Ep 1 is free on PSN, too. Just played through it and it was awesome, although like nin said, prepare for QTE... which I'm not a huge fan of

And Besiege looks great. I'll grab it this week no doubt

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 2015, 22:27.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Public Beta
11. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Public Beta Feb 14, 2015, 15:26 siapnar

The video says "PUBIC BETA"

Think I'll pass

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Trailer
10. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 12:37 siapnar

Creston wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 12:19:
the next Deus Ex
/drool

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Trailer
6. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 11:18 siapnar

Hopefully they've improved shooting mechanics and AI. The game is going to fun regardless, but if those are on point this could ascend to greatness

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 09:59:
Wish it was in game instead of this pre rendered stuff
Same. I'm over pre-rendered trailers.

Unless they're Star Wars, Warhammer or Blizzard related

News Comments > Game Reviews
20. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2015, 23:23 siapnar

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 19:05:
But he does like some games. I think he is funny and really no different than the overall attitude here. Wants a higher raised bar in general, wants something fresh, he just does it with audio-visuals. Has a good accent and can be pretty darn funny sometimes. He's of no harm to me. My choices are based on a fair amount of reading of various sources and typically a good sale. I don't have issue with KS or EA or DLC because they are choices and if you educate enough, you rarely, rarely get burned.
It's true, his attitude does reflect that of the BluesNews collective mind a lot of the time.. just more boisterously expressed.
I found some of the Evolve review hilarious (though I did skim through it).

Kickstarter and Early Access are fine if you can see the red flags through the haze of promises

16. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2015, 17:58 siapnar

Well for sheer entertainment value he's worth a watch but yeah, he nitpicks to an impressive degree sometimes.

Guess you fellas are right: better to have a stone cold critic than a glowing fanboy

EDIT: once I dropped the whole thinking that he's a proper reviewer it's much more enjoyable.

Just watched the Evolve review

6. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2015, 14:31 siapnar

I've seen about 4 'Worth a Buy' reviews from this guy and in every one he just comes off as a whiny, self-entitled prick.

He's one of those people that looks for the negativity in absolutely everything and thus refuses to have fun.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Finds Lost Vikings
11. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 21:02 siapnar

Trevellian wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 19:48:
Personally I'm getting tired of hearing "More Maps" from people though. League has ONE fucking map, and Heroes has 5 (And a Diablo themed Heaven vs Hell map on the way in the not to distant future) that are all played slightly different... Yet, no one bitches about League having 1 map? It's damned silly.
This is the main reason I stopped playing DOTA 2. Same map every game. So repetitive

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 10, 2015, 00:06 siapnar

Not seeing much game here so far, just a bunch of guys walking in the wind.

Such a strange, overlong KS video, too. Just a really odd presentation overall... and it's not at all due to them being French.

Wish these guys all the best, but like the rest of you guys said, 300K doesn't even scratch the monetary surface for this project, even with other investors involved

1764 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo