Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cam M

Real Name Cam M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname siapnar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 8, 2006, 22:21
Total Comments 1633 (Pro)
User ID 26019

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced
11. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced Mar 4, 2015, 15:01 siapnar

The New Order dragged a bit at the end, but I am sure as hell getting this. Great gunplay  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
10. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 10:50 siapnar

Verno wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 10:46:
I guess its for people who don't have a gaming PC but want to pay for a premium service? I don't know, it seems weird.
yeah this doesn't tickle my fancy as a PC gamer and I can't see it tickling many fancies regardless of your gaming background.

Seems kinda like a colossal waste of money and resources on NVIDIA's part.
I'm prepared to eat my words, though.

News Comments > Mad Max in September
1. Re: Mad Max in September Mar 3, 2015, 19:55 siapnar

Strange they're talkin preorders when there isn't even a gameplay trailer for this yet  

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
4. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 3, 2015, 19:53 siapnar

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 19:49:
HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!

Laugh

/Brain
/head
/body explodes

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
52. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 3, 2015, 12:07 siapnar

Slick wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 09:50:
well, the alternative to steam is people buying games from the people who actually make them, not a 3rd party store taking a huge cut for zero investment in the game at all
Yeah, but then each developer needs to create a distributing platform to get their game out there.
So either way, a distribution platform is needed, but a cheaper, possibly less flashy one and more in tune with developer's needs.

but now that Steam is established so solidly, I don't think we'll see another big platform that's as successful.. forget being cheaper

50. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 3, 2015, 09:06 siapnar

Slick wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 06:28:
Bunch o stuff
I tend to agree with this, but according to other people in this thread, the alternative to Steam is just as pricey

49. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 3, 2015, 09:02 siapnar

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 08:52:
I haven't... are you saying UE4 games are moddable and have free FOV? Example?
You can set the FOV to anything right in the editor, it's just up to the devs to actually implement it in games. So the fault is not inherent to UE4.

Modding is what's happening with UT4 for example. There will be a TON of content that is free and a ton of content that isn't.
On top of that, the actual game is free.
I really don't see many negatives pertaining to UE4 (apart from a bunch of functions in the editor that don't do what they god damn should)

But yea...

47. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 3, 2015, 08:47 siapnar

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 23:55:
Whenever I hear Unreal Engine 4 I think "locked FOV, no modding"
;/
Then you've obviously not used it.

News Comments > Bombshell Details & Trailer
9. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Mar 2, 2015, 22:09 siapnar

The trailer doesn't do the game any favours with it's rapid fire split second clips barraging your eyeballs, and showcasing some pretty ugly environment areas, but I can see glimpses of cool gameplay in there  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
26. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 13:38 siapnar

As far as I'm concerned, if they just injected the Euphoria engine into the current one, that would be enough.

Animation has always been the worst offender. A really bad offender in comparison to other AAA titles, as well.

News Comments > Trine 3 Announced
6. Re: Trine 3 Announced Mar 2, 2015, 12:54 siapnar

I actually yelled out YES and did an inward fist pump when I saw this headline

If there's ever a guaranteed game buy for me, it's this series

News Comments > Vector Thrust Beta
1. Re: Vector Thrust Beta Feb 25, 2015, 10:58 siapnar

I like the cell-shaded style, and I'm sure there's a decent game in there, but man is that a horrible trailer they have on the Steam page.  

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Stress Test
3. Re: Dirty Bomb Stress Test Feb 20, 2015, 20:34 siapnar

This actually looks pretty fun. Reminds me a bit of old school fun with CS.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Winter Patch & Free Community Map Plans
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Winter Patch & Free Community Map Plans Feb 20, 2015, 15:33 siapnar

Hey, at least they're involving the community somewhat. This is a step forward, not back. We'll never be back to the modding days with these guys, but I see this as progress.
Could be better
Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 13:34:
I uninstalled the other day, got my moneys worth but realized I'm just not enjoying the newer BF games as much.
I find if I'm not playing with buddies, my enjoyment of BF4 is far far lower than if I am over TS.
when we get a full squad playing together with voice though, this game is the tits.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 19, 2015, 19:58 siapnar

The graphics, animation and sound are fantastic in The Order.. it's just the actual game looks pretty bland. The colour palette doesn't help.

Oh, and as usual, zero effort is put into creating AI. These goons are even a step back, just standing out in the open on dislpay like statues

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 18, 2015, 11:42 siapnar

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 10:53:
That video "interview" is killer. Can't stop laughing
The guy's laugh is ridiculous.

even funnier is that what he's saying isn't even that funny.

From youtube:
"something about paella which is a spanish dish, and how he went to look for something on the beach but the tide had risen"

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Fundraising Ends and Continues
8. Re: Shadowrun Hong Kong Fundraising Ends and Continues Feb 17, 2015, 22:36 siapnar

Dev wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 18:33:
Too much work for small shops (though they should offer PayPal at the least).
Couldn't they just set up a website with the ability to fund the project via paypal and that be enough?
I mean if their Kickstarter is funded and people trust them enough to continue backing, a simple site with paypal compatibility would probably do the trick.

jdreyer wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 14:56:
Yeah, I wish I could have funded Limit Theory. Didn't hear about it until a couple of months after the KS, and Josh isn't taking any more money (not that he needs it - guy lives with parents, so $187K should fund him for years). He doesn't need my money, but I would have liked to have access to the beta.
Wish I could have access as well. That game looks fantastic, although he has some trials ahead of him with creating content.
I love that guy, though. Just watched his latest update video again. It helps that his voice and manner are really relaxing, too.

News Comments > STRAFE Alpha Demo
2. Re: STRAFE Alpha Demo Feb 17, 2015, 11:55 siapnar

I pretty much backed it just because of the video  

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 12:37 siapnar

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 12:11:
First their tools and processes should always be improving to make it quicker. And we have plenty now, most <$20. I don't need AAA, Single and Double A many times show up their stoic AAA brothers.
By no means am I agreeing with putting so much manpower into photorealistic graphics.
I'm content with stylized or really crisp visuals and animation.

For instance, the 2008 Prince of Persia remake is a fantastic looking game, IMO. Played it yesterday and wasn't distracted by the graphics apart from being in awe of the artistry

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 11:57 siapnar

Now that there's such a demand for high graphics quality, the amount of work put into game art skyrockets.
Same goes for animation and physics simulation (sadly, not for AI - evidently, barely anyone cares about AI improvement).
There's no money left over for story and scripting after all the art and animation is done.

We're going to see more games like this in that they're short and linear but extremely detailed.
I don't mind (if it's well done), but 6 hours is pretty short.
Like someone said though, better to have a tight, controlled game that's a great experience than trudge through 20 hours of partial mediocrity.

Of course, there are games like GTA V which has an insane amount of content while maintaining high level graphics. But it's a tried and true product which is guaranteed to sell like hot cakes.. so they can justify throwing a ton of cash into it

1633 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo