Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Johnny R

Real Name Johnny R   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 8, 2006, 17:19
Total Comments 49 (Suspect)
User ID 26018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Need for Speed: SHIFT Demo
23. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 19, 2009, 01:10 Johnny R

I was just in Seattle. I live in Portland, Oregon. How about you be a little more specific.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Need for Speed: SHIFT Demo
19. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 18, 2009, 22:59 Johnny R

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 19, 2009, 12:22.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Thats the reason for the pro Israel bias Sep 18, 2009, 12:00 Johnny R

EDITED--since the offending post has been removed.

Blue--I know exactly how you feel. When I lost my Pop to cancer all I could think about were all the times I didn't call him, all the times I didn't hug him. So now I call my Mom all the time and go to see her when I can. And I tell others to do the same. The ones we love, will live on in our memories.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2009, 12:01.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2009, 01:12 Johnny R

maleitch--seriously? Your post is so stupid it actually makes me suspect you're a leftist pretending to be a conservative to make conservatives look even dumber than they already are.

But let's assume you are as dumb as you appear to be. Not only are you dumb, you did, in fact, tell a lie.

You claimed that Obama sent out union members to beat up health care protesters. This is not only a lie, it is a stupid lie, for even if you are dumb enough to believe that Obama is a Tony-Soprano-style goon, you have to be REALLY dumb to claim that he personally ordered people to beat up protesters. Really, really dumb.

But I'll play along. Wow, maleitch--that's quite a startling accusation you've made. Say ... would you care to share your "sources" for such a serious charge? Sources who can provide, like, you know--"evidence"?

News Comments > Delta Force: Xtreme 2 Demo - Updated
8. Re: Delta Force: Xtreme 2 Demo May 22, 2009, 15:04 Johnny R

Voxels were awesome. The first Delta Force was great for its time.  

News Comments > 3D Realms Denies Buyout Offer
21. Re: 3D Realms Denies Buyout Offer May 17, 2009, 01:31 Johnny R

I don't get it either, sure I'm disappointed but some people feel betrayed way too much if you ask me. This reminds me of the Hellgate/Bill Roper hatefest, some people are way too emotional.

People, in general, want someone they can look down on. Someone perhaps in a position of relative power/prestige who has fallen by their own hand. Looking down on these people makes them feel superior.

It is a strange phenomenon. I mean, there are people who do stupid or immoral shit and deserve to be condemned to hell for it (a recent presidential administration comes to mind) but when you have these relatively harmless celebrities, people like Martha Stewart, say, and then you have citizens rising up and baying for their blood, and you think, Well, wait a minute--what was their crime again? Why do they deserve all this vitriol?

The crime, in this instance, was failing, on an epic level, to complete the production of a computer game. That's it, that is the crime. I think it is sad, and a waste, and entertaining all at the same time, but I bear no ill will to the people involved, because ultimately, on a scale of one to ten ... it just doesn't matter. I wish I could play DNF, I probably will never get to, and that is the only way this impacts me, and it is the only way it impacts most of the people posting about this.

Those of you who are ranting and raving about this shit .... really need to get out more.

News Comments > Take-Two v. 3D Realms Documents
45. Re: Take-Two v. 3D Realms Documents May 15, 2009, 21:05 Johnny R

Biggest load of self-righteous, ego-driven, over-blown sense of entitlement I've ever read...and seeing it here on this site, that's really saying a lot.

Nobody owes you shit. Take your displaced rage at whatever ails you in real life and kindly redirect it to the actual source of your displeasure. Because unless you personally cut 3D realms a check for more than say...a couple hundred bucks, this attitude of yours toward them is inexcusable.

Don't try to lump a vaporware game into the same category as credit-default swaps, sub-prime mortgage debacles, and government bailouts you gibbering idiot.

Well said, sir. Well said.

News Comments > Creative Rebate and Switch
39. Re: Creative Rebate and Switch May 14, 2009, 20:39 Johnny R

Onboard sound can also take a big bite out of your framerate compared to having a dedicated sound card.  

News Comments > Creative Rebate and Switch
36. Re: Creative Rebate and Switch May 14, 2009, 19:31 Johnny R

Its incredible how much power ppl give GOVERNMENT in UK and europe I mean like that story from germany where they told a woman she couldn't get unemployement unless she worked as a prostitute (since thats a legal job there). Or in UK the government health setup where you have to go blind in one eye before they will allow the easily treatable macular degeneration to be treated because the government health board says so. And YAY! here in the USA, we now are starting to have that kinda system where health providers must follow government guidelines on treatements like that.

Been listening to a lot of Rush Limbaugh lately? Both of your "examples" (German gov. forcing women to become prostitutes/UK gov forcing people to go blind) are total bullshit. Right wing hoaxes. Conservatives will believe ANYTHING, as long as it confirms to their ideology ...

As for rebates, Western Digital stiffed me $50 on a rebate, perfectly filled out, mailed on time, etc. Rebates, for the most part, are scams.

This comment was edited on May 14, 2009, 19:39.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Screenshots? Updated
40. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Screenshots? May 9, 2009, 00:09 Johnny R

First you agree with me, then you try to attack me. Wow. Someone's conflicted.

No, someone's confused. And that would be you, cunt. Just because I think 3Drealms is a joke doesn't mean I agree with you calling them "douche-lips" and "gay" and telling them to kill themselves and generally acting like a ten-year old. Funny how you call Broussard out for acting like a "BADASS" when that's exactly what you're doing. You think calling other people gay is going to fool anyone into thinking that you're not gay, that you're some kind of tough guy or something? You're not some kind of tough guy, you're just as much of a fake badass as Broussard is, only you're a hypocrite on top of that.

edit - in fact, you even misconstrued my original comment. I wasn't even saying 3DRealms was a joke. The company turned into one, but only because of one or two guys who had more vision than realism.

Fuck you. Show me where it says that in your original post, tough guy. Oh, that's right--it doesn't.

Don't twist my words and say I'm the one talking shit, you prick.

A. I'm not twisting your words. They are right there, for everyone to see, unless you go back and edit them, and B: Yes, you are talking shit.

So that makes you a liar as well.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2009, 00:15.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Screenshots? Updated
23. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Screenshots? May 8, 2009, 15:47 Johnny R

"That "in a big way" bullshit was just Broussard's huge douche-lips flappin' in the wind about how BADASS he, personally, was going to make a game that was nowhere near completion. He's so magical, he can just make a beautiful bed of flowers out of mounds of horse shit. He is actually a big stuffed animal, but he's stuffed full of bullshit and hype and when you pull the string in his back, he spouts phantom dreams that have the power to brainwash dipshits and idiots into thinking he's actually a talking stuffed animal! It's really quite amazing to witness...

Anyway, remember years and years ago, like in the Commander Keen days, those guys would get together and bullshit about this REALLY AWESOME game called QUAKE and how it was gunna be the most amazing motherfucking thing you've ever seen? Yeah it was gunna be this caveman guy named Quake holding a hammer called mjolnir and shit. You'd run around with this fucking hammer and beat the ever-loving shit out of baddies. Yeah and you'd get hit, and your guy would fall and tumble and roll and when you would be pissing your pants because it was gunna be so fucking realistic and awesome! We all know how awesomely true that turned out several years later (after Wolf3d and Doom) when Quake finally showed up as an unfinished, unpolished techdemo (just like Crysis).

Broussard and Romero need to get married and commit suicide together, because I think that's the only way we're going to get them both to stfu. They already had gay relations back in the Apogee days, so it's only natural."

3dRealms might be a joke but you're a cunt for talking so much shit behind your keyboard. Why don't you post your awesome resume on here for everyone to marvel at, hotshot?

News Comments > 3D Realms Closing?
92. Re: Who would make a good Duke game? May 7, 2009, 15:42 Johnny R

No, he has it right and I think you got it backwards. I gave that story the benefit of the doubt until the narrator was threatened with a sharp piece of wood unless he signed the contract ... that was too over the top.

But given the fact that 3Drealms "worked" on Duke3d for 13 years and then just collapsed, the idea that it was all just a marketing ploy ... really isn't that far-fetched.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2009, 15:36 Johnny R

Little personal notes like this are one of the reasons that I love this site--along with all the great information, of course. Plus the fact that Blue seems like a really decent, attitude-free guy (as opposed to some of the posters on sites like Voodoo Extreme) makes me come back again and again.

Congrats, Blue!

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2009, 15:39.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 2 on Steam
28. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 on Steam Feb 13, 2009, 16:06 Johnny R

"BTW, why are people getting constantly chastised as "whiners" for expressing their negative opinion on something?
Are the chastisers not familiar with criticism? Welcome to the real world."

Basically if you criticize a game the chastisers like, then you are a whiner. If you criticize a game they don't like, presumably they won't chastise you ...

It is true, however, that there are people who exist solely to complain about things. Then there are people who exist solely to complain about anyone who complains about ANYTHING, no matter how justified.

I'm not sure which group I find more annoying, but I suspect it is the second.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 2 on Steam
8. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 on Steam Feb 12, 2009, 22:40 Johnny R

There is a mod that removes the ugly grain. It's called "Clarity". Google it and you should find a link.

I myself was very disappointed with the demo. VERY console-centric, right down to the fixed 16:9 ratio, which I don't think I've ever seen in a PC game before. If that's not a dead giveaway, I don't know what is.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Demo
54. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo Jan 23, 2009, 01:49 Johnny R

There are people claiming that this demo does not suffer from console-itis--in truth it's the exact OPPOSITE. The demo feels very much like a console port to me. Stupid HUD, tons of hand-holding, low-res textures everywhere ... They even took the stupid blood effect from Gears of War, where the blood splashes and drops are highlighted with a black line around them ... looks very graphic-novel-ish, while the original FEAR had a more realistic--and thus scarier-look. I actually think the graphics, though more detailed, look WORSE, not better. Oh, and that stupid blue highlighting that enemies get in slow-mo? Very bad

On the other hand, I think the weapons sound better than they did in the original. Not sure what people are talking about when they say they lack impact compared to the first game--I distinctly remember how weak the original weapons sounded, especially the automatic rifles ...

Very disappointed with the demo overall, and I was really looking forward to this one.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2008, 02:09 Johnny R

My hopes are with you and Hudson, Blue. I'm sure she'll pull through just fine and I hope that lump is benign.  

4. Re: Killer Dachshund Jul 6, 2008, 16:12 Johnny R

My wife is a medical professional who works for the VA. She had a patient who had the exact same thing happen to him, except that his dog chewed off two of his toes, not one. There was no question of having the dog put to death because of this -- all he had to do was wear a protective sock in bed. The dog wasn't "attacking" him or being aggressive--it just thought his toe was meat, which, with no circulation, it essentially was. The dog had no idea it was eating part of its owner.

No way that dog should have been killed over this. No way in a million years. Someone really screwed up bad here.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 16:17.

News Comments > New GRID Demo
9. Re: Best Racing Game in Years Jun 14, 2008, 01:55 Johnny R

Ah yes. It seems I was a bit slow on the uptake. A post that stupid can only be deliberate.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 02:01.

News Comments > New GRID Demo
7. Best Racing Game in Years Jun 13, 2008, 23:59 Johnny R

"GRID sucks?" even if that statement was in some way true, it would still be stupid, as stating that "X SUCKS" is about as cro-mag an argument as you can get.

But fact that GRID DOESN'T suck makes this already stupid statement that much stupider.

First, best graphics for a racing game ever. Yes, graphics don't make a game, but this is the first racing game that really looks photo-realistic. It is just beautiful.

Second, the mechanics can be tweaked to make the game more or less realistic depending on what you want. So I don't understand the poster who says it is "too arcade-ish". Most reviews I've read say the game is too hard, not too arcade-ish. But that's fine with me--I want my racing games to be hard.

49 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo