Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lev Arris

Real Name Lev Arris   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lev Arris
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description bwaaaaaaaaaaa!
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 21, 2006, 06:30
Total Comments 46 (Suspect)
User ID 25727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Activations Upped, Widescreen Patch Planned
75. Re: Maybe research first. Aug 24, 2007, 04:01 Lev Arris

So now you deny you claimed that below? I didn't say your claim wasn't correct. I now see why you can't understand me.

No you implied that what i said may be incorrect by using the term 'claimed'. If you had used the word stated, thats different.

As i said before, if you bought this game on day one, on impulse or because you read some reviews, I can understand some frustration. But at some point you need to take responsibility for your actions. If i go out and buy a dvd cause it looks cool, then realize when i get home that im an idiot and it's a HD-DVD, thats my fault, i screwed up. It's not someone's else's problem. I can go and try to get a refund yeah, but whether or can or not is out of my hands.

If you pre-ordered bioshock, well that's different. Why did you pre-order it? Cause you saw some previews on the Internet, watched some gameplay vids, read forum's. Whatever. But you think you would have strolled across some requirements for the game at some point. Im pretty sure most online gaming related websites posted some info about it. That is a claim.

If you pre-ordered it because the box looked cool in the shop, or someone told you it was going to be awesome. Well, if you can afford to fork out $50 on something without even knowing what it is, you can probably afford to go buy a new graphics card.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 04:04.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

72. Re: Maybe research first. Aug 24, 2007, 03:53 Lev Arris

The fact that whether or not an x1300 is "better" than an X700, X800, or X850 depends upon semantics. For example, an X1300 has only 4 pixel pipelines. An X700 have twice that many (8) as that, and an X850XT has four times as many (16). So, from a performance standpoint, an X1300 is certainly NOT better than an X700 or any of the X800 series cards.

Oh man i was waiting for that. You can't bring subjectiveness into this. It's pretty clear what is meant by the requirements, it's not a 'well this is technically 0.5% faster".

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 03:53.

64. Re: Maybe research first. Aug 24, 2007, 03:28 Lev Arris

The part that says "ATI x1300 or better" tells me that people with an X800 for example do not have the right card. What's so hard? What am I missing?

IT'S NOT EXPLICIT!!!!!! It needs to be spelled out for us like we are children.

63. Re: Maybe research first. Aug 24, 2007, 03:26 Lev Arris

No, but since you claimed that the system requirements were disclosed back in July...

There is no claiming about it:
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1579

They are not specific and inclusive enough.

Yeah fair enough, i guess they should list all graphics cards it will run on, and then list all the graphics cards it wont run on, and then all the processor's it should run on and then all the processor's it wont run on...sheesh. Really.

Minimum System Requirements:
Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).

Hmmm, yep, looks pretty solid, oh wait, it needs to be explicit. Go back try again. At what point do people need to take responsibility for their own actions. I drank 8 cans of redbull and my heart stopped. It's not my fault, the warning saying drink only 2 cans per day needs to be larger, and stuck to my forehead.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/mans-heart-stops-after-red-bull-overdose/2007/08/18/1186857834956.html

60. Re: So... Aug 24, 2007, 03:14 Lev Arris

Ah, but you forget - I am a fogey gamer.

You want to know why I stopped being a baseball fan? (Probably not, but I'm gonna tell you anyway.)

Does it involve onions, not the white ones...

58. Re: Maybe research first. Aug 24, 2007, 03:06 Lev Arris

Of course it would have because it wouldn't be such a rude awakening now. Whether or not YOU think that the brief description on the box is enough, it obviously wasn't enough to the people who bought the game and are complaining now because they can't run it on what they have. That's what matters.

Isn't that what demo's are for? And yes the PC demo came out like 1 day before release, but if you are too busy to try the demo, and too busy to read system specs, how do you have time to play the game?

And what did they say? The same terse and vague words as on the box? And just where were these released? On the preorder boxes in the stores? That is where it would have mattered.

So it's more about pre-orders now? I would have thought if people were so keen on a game to go down to the game store and lay down smoe cash, they may have to time to make sure they can run it. I can understand some people getting caught out by buying it on day one cause they believed the hype, or on impulse. But if you are aware of the game, and are pre-ordering it, at what point should you be responsible for finding out if it's going to work for you.

No, it isn't. Retailers refuse and point to the publishers.

So because retailers pass the buck, the publisher must carry it? Comeon. If my new car doesn't work I don't go to the manufacturer, I goto the dealer. If there was a manufacturing problem, then it's their responsibility, but as far as i can tell, they stated the requirements, and they provided a product that meets them. If this not the case? Please tell me where they said it would support pixel shader 2.0 cards.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 03:07.

55. Re: Maybe research first. Aug 24, 2007, 02:39 Lev Arris

Expecting potential customers to search wikipedia before buying a game is ridiculous

But expecting them to read the box is not? Yes i will admit that IF the box specifically stated 'Requires Pixel Shader 3.0' it would make it clearer.

But would that change much? If someone is not going to take the time to see if their graphics card meets the requirements that have been stated, whats to say that they would take the time to notice 'Pixel Shader 3.0', and then go wikipedia that. It would mute this discussion though

And hey, why not offer a god damn money back guarantee to those who buy but can't run the game? That would eliminate the complaint of not being sufficiently notified at the time of purchase of the system requirements upfront.

The PC specs were released on the 10th of July. At least a month's notice. That is surely enough time. And are you asking that the Publisher provides a money-back guarantee to customers? Surely that is the domain of the retailer.

35. Maybe research first. Aug 24, 2007, 01:04 Lev Arris

Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_computer_games_that_require_Pixel_Shaders

News Comments > BioShock Preorders Steaming Up
101. What to do with the pre-order. Aug 17, 2007, 12:13 Lev Arris

It is internet activation either way, steam/d2d, or retail. so it boils down to:

1. Whatever copy protection the retail has, starforce? secuROM, safedisk? Anyone else had problems with games not recognizing DVD's every now and then. Eject, re-insert, work dammit! Pain in the ass.

2. No annoying copy protection , no dvd-insertion. (yes i know steam is drm, but i don't consider it annoying)

It's kinda a gimmie for us aussies methinks. Retail varies from $70-$80, on steam $50 converts to $63AUS.
Plus there is a good chance it will activate before the Aus street date as well.
At least forced steam to pre-load it from my ISP's content server, no quota use!

Forgot about having a 'hard copy', well once it's downloaded, steam backup works purty good. Plus makes it easy to share with friends that dont have a lot of bandwidth.

Manual? Do companies even make manual's for games anymore nowadays? Just rely on the in-game direction's. Ive seen a few of those 'this is how you use plasmids' video's.
This comment was edited on Aug 17, 12:25.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Attack on Pearl Harbor
7. No subject Jul 30, 2007, 19:53 Lev Arris

The single player is ok..

But LAN party action is where the game rocks. Good fun until some jerk gets a bomber with a tailgun and just flies away from people. The tailgunners are nasty.

Same level of lan fun as Crashday, pure mayhem. Now all this game needs is a 'Tag-your-it' mode, and it would be even more fun.

News Comments > Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn Beta
29. Skara Brae Rangers Jun 3, 2007, 08:18 Lev Arris

Oh the glory days of the SBR!! it was great fun. BOX!! BOX!

Die, oh well, still got newbie axe, go kill bird, go cut wood, make bow, make arrows, back into the fight.

Great fun!

News Comments > BioShock: The Shooter
38. PR Apr 30, 2007, 22:23 Lev Arris

Let's not forget. If you are a 18-24yr old Male who like's lots of splosions in movies, extreme sports, and constantly pushing the limit, you probably hate the idea of playing a nerdy RPG, let alone know what an RPG is.

If i was running the PR machine, there is no way i'd label my game as an RPG and potentially lose that heavy cash spending demographic.

Just write on the box "Awesome First-Person Shooter, loaded with splosions!!!! (may contain RPG elements)"

News Comments > Gamers Make Better Surgeons
3. Our Surgeon's Have the Mad Skillz! Feb 19, 2007, 21:49 Lev Arris

I'd like to play with her X-Box!

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Beta Signups
32. UO was the bestest! Jan 6, 2007, 17:15 Lev Arris

BOX! BOX!

SBR FTW!

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Announced
36. Re: Co-op Nov 21, 2006, 21:38 Lev Arris

Awesome. I was wondering when I would truly become part of the Blues News forum.

Riley Pizt attempts to insult me, am I in the club now or something?

15. Re: Co-op Nov 20, 2006, 22:54 Lev Arris

Bandwagon? huh? Quake2 came out in '97, dont remember when Sven Co-op came out. At any rate that wagon must have going in circles for a long time for Half-Life 2 to be jumping on board now. Although maybe im mistaken and there is some kind of progam i need to be on to be hip with the newfangle.

It's nice to see someone other than a MOD team add co-op to a game!
Although most 'games' using Source kinda feel like a Half-Life 2 mod anyway. But I like Half-Life 2, so yeah...

10. Co-op Nov 20, 2006, 22:07 Lev Arris

Complain all you want about Valve..but i think people should be happy that someone is making a CO-OP PC game. I know I have been bitching about a lack of co-op in PC games since System Shock 2.

News Comments > Medieval 2 Goes Steam
4. I got excited... Nov 11, 2006, 19:45 Lev Arris

cause it was cheaper by like $15 than buying it in the shops in Australia. Then i goto Steam and it says its can only be bought by North Americans and South Americans. What a crock.

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Demo
96. whats the problem? Oct 8, 2006, 02:44 Lev Arris

I don't know what you whiner's are complaining about, this is by far the *BEST* mod for Battlefield 2 I have seen.

46 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo